Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have you done ecstasy or MDMA.

Options
14567810»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,965 ✭✭✭Tim Robbins

I think in moderation it's fine. Have had and will continue to have some of the best nights of my life on it. Only have it once every 2 to 3 months or so but every time it's just pure and utter bliss. I think if you're using it every week it's idiotic but as long as you're sensible with it you should be fine.

I agree you can have a 10 / 10 night. But here's one issue I had with it, it shouldn't be so easy to have a 10 / 10 experience.

Usually, if you have a 10 / 10 experience you did really well in an exam, you scored the girl you fancied, you won a rugby match against a great team, whatever ... It requires work, effort and dedication. Surely, if you can get the same experience by just putting a pill in your month it has to have some sort of downside?

That was one concern I always had with it. That even thou it was amazing there was something that was just false about it all.

And developing that point, as most of life is humdrum that requires some sort of lifeskill to learn how to endure and foster. surely if you just get happiness in a pill it has to effect your ability to deal with the real world.

Example, most jobs can be a bit boring, to make them interesting you have to set yourself goals, or change, or do something to ensure your mind can cope with working week. If you just get your happiness in a pill, are you as likely to be driven or just accept the Mon - Fri boredom and wait for the next happy pill?

I think E has to have some negative side effects. But, I'd say the same about anti-depressants and reliance on any drug, pot, alcohol, whatever.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

JamboMac wrote: »
    nouninformal
    a drug addict.
    a person with a compulsive habit or obsessive dependency on something.
    "power junkies"

That's the definition and compulsive habit is easily as such that every Friday before you go out you do these and then your jaw is swinging for the rest of the night and make probably a lot of people who don't know you uncomfortable, that feel your unpredictable in your head you might think everybody loves but there more afraid to say anything.

These people you speak of are in clubs/pubs where everyone is drunk and far more unpredictable than the person on ecstasy, who's just gonna chew their face and hug people. People don't take a few yokes and go to bingo you know, it's not as if they're the only person in the room on a mind-altering substance.

On-topic, I took ecstasy for the first time over 2 years ago and have taken either pills or MDMA on around 20 occasions since. It's great craic and I've experienced no downsides, nor has it affected my everyday life - I go to college and have a job. Since I don't take it often, I've also never had a comedown!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

These people you speak of are in clubs/pubs where everyone is drunk and far more unpredictable than the person on ecstasy, who's just gonna chew their face and hug people. People don't take a few yokes and go to bingo you know, it's not as if they're the only person in the room on a mind-altering substance.

On-topic, I took ecstasy for the first time over 2 years ago and have taken either pills or MDMA on around 20 occasions since. It's great craic and I've experienced no downsides, nor has it affected my everyday life - I go to college and have a job. Since I don't take it often, I've also never had a comedown!

Wow so being presumptive is what you do best, I live in dublin I deal with these people on a daily basis whether it's in the park or the pub I couldn't care less.

To say that these people are not unpredictable is horse manure, these thing can make people trip and hallucinate, everywhere isn't Galway college campus with a small population and you know the majority. It's a psychedelic and that doesn't always mean good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 FeelOfAllFeels

I agree you can have a 10 / 10 night. But here's one issue I had with it, it shouldn't be so easy to have a 10 / 10 experience.

Usually, if you have a 10 / 10 experience you did really well in an exam, you scored the girl you fancied, you won a rugby match against a great team, whatever ... It requires work, effort and dedication. Surely, if you can get the same experience by just putting a pill in your month it has to have some sort of downside?

That was one concern I always had with it. That even thou it was amazing there was something that was just false about it all.

And developing that point, as most of life is humdrum that requires some sort of lifeskill to learn how to endure and foster. surely if you just get happiness in a pill it has to effect your ability to deal with the real world.

Example, most jobs can be a bit boring, to make them interesting you have to set yourself goals, or change, or do something to ensure your mind can cope with working week. If you just get your happiness in a pill, are you as likely to be driven or just accept the Mon - Fri boredom and wait for the next happy pill?

I think E has to have some negative side effects. But, I'd say the same about anti-depressants and reliance on any drug, pot, alcohol, whatever.

I see where you're coming from. The way I look at it, I know it's artificial so that's another reason why I don't overdo it. I don't want it to negatively effect my day to day life because of an experience that in a sense isn't 'real'. I only use it to enhance nights out every so often and think that as good as it is, it isn't as good as life itself (If that makes sense? Oh and cheesy, I know haha). I love the feeling but I find many other little things more enjoyable.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

On the equilibrium, the line of thinking that says maybe 10/10 should take work and how the scales should come back the other way. It's just a reminder to me that I'm just a slave to hormones and biology and chemistry to a humbling extent. Sounds like I'm high right now but I'm not. Anything that humbles me, and stops me believing the narrative of humans being these free, autonomous pinacles of existence is welcome.

Our experience of ourselves is only ever at best as good as other lifeforms experience of themselves. When all the accounting, checks and balances are done it all works out even imo.

[Forrest Gump]And that's all ah have to say about that[/Forrest Gump]

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Gerard92

JamboMac wrote: »
    Wow so being presumptive is what you do best, I live in dublin I deal with these people on a daily basis whether it's in the park or the pub I couldn't care less.

To say that these people are not unpredictable is horse manure, these thing can make people trip and hallucinate, everywhere isn't Galway college campus with a small population and you know the majority. It's a psychedelic and that doesn't always mean good.

MDMA is not a psychedelic, dont know what your basing that on, it definitely does not make you trip...

• Site Banned Posts: 9 2D Ayyport

Gerard92 wrote: »
    MDMA is not a psychedelic, dont know what your basing that on, it definitely does not make you trip...
    it does, or it can, at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭tolow

2D Ayyport wrote: »
    it does, or it can, at least.

x2 it can. It's not an all out psychedelic but at a high enough dosage u can experience mild visuals. Obviously not as intense as LSD etc. I don't think these trippy side effects would be enough to drive a person crazy

• Registered Users Posts: 2 AnaLiffey

Recently, tablets being sold as Ecstasy have been found to contain PMA and PMMA. PMA (Paramethoxyamphetamine) and PMMA (Paramethoxymethamphetamine) are stimulants with
    halluncinogenic effects similar to MDMA. However, they are toxic at lower doses than MDMA and can also take longer to take effect. These drugs have been implicated in a number of hospitalizations and deaths.

For harm reduction advice on these drugs go to drugs.ie then click pma

• Registered Users Posts: 1 0life

Just want to post a warning about a dangerous batch of pink ROYLES ROYCES circulating in dublin contain a mix of mdma and mephedrone (head shop ****) will get you high but toxic combination if taking too much avoid these ones guys not worth the risk they are actually an old batch being passed off as new due to bad press when they first came out linked to deaths in UK a few years back greedy fuckers didn't bin em

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,927 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

I don't get this poll, 0% have done MDMA? Wtf?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭StevenToast

Didnt suit me.

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭Shoog

I used to do herb, acid and shrooms in my youth but was abstaining when MDMA came around so I largely missed out. It's a shame really as it's a fairly benign drug and enhances the whole dance experience significantly. Now I feel happier on a few pints and don't like the experience of been out of control so that boat has well and truly sailed.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,994 ✭✭✭✭rob316

2000's did a load of X from about 16-20, thinking back there was alot of horror stories then but I thoroughly enjoyed nearly all my experiences. It was cheap too, like a fiver a pill. Never did pure MDMA it was after my time but I hear its great.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,520 ✭✭✭CorkRed93

stayed away from all drugs pretty much until my late 20s. smoked hash like 3 or 4 times and never enjoyed it. usual irish lad that stayed on pints. tried x for first time in late 20s and wondered what id been doing all my life. happy in one sense i didnt get the chance to do the dog on it at a younger age as the magic goes with too much use(so im told) also wonder how much of a better time id have had at different festivals etc if i wasnt scared stiff as a young lad by all the X will kill you talk.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,404 ✭✭✭jj880

They don't make them like they used to.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,994 ✭✭✭✭rob316

The X will kill you talk just made you want to do it more, as a teen it was everywhere. I just remember been instantly drawn to the people on it when you were at a party or house, it was incredible.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

E + techno + a dark dingy sweatbox club = a 10/10 combination

• Registered Users Posts: 13,569 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

No officer . I’ve never done drugs 😷

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Electric Gypsy

I really don't get how come it is that you can hear so much being said about how drugs are bad, and yet so many people are willing to do them? It really makes come closer and closer to one conclusion... that a lot of the people who are going around telling others about how such stuff is dangerous, are only doing so because they're on temporary hiatus from their addiction, and want to get rid of some of the guilt without revealed the true story.

Perhaps the whole reason you hear all of this talk, is actually so to make people feel more bold when they do finally take it, and that I'm the niave one in not realising that.

• Advertisement
Advertisement