Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have you done ecstasy or MDMA.

Options
  • 29-05-2014 12:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭

Thought it would be interesting to see who has done the stuff... seems to be a lot more of it going on.. the past year or so

Have u done ecstacy/MDMA 531 votes

Yes its great craic
    3% 16 votes
    Nope would never touch the stuff
    44% 235 votes
    Havn't yet..but if the opportunity arised....
    41% 221 votes
    Done it all in my day...finished now
    11% 59 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

I am doing it right now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Barely There

Jordonvito wrote: »
    Thought it would be interesting to see who has done the stuff... seems to be a lot more of it going on.. the past year or so

Why don't you go first.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

This thread was long overdue!

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭Jordonvito

Why don't you go first.

I have cast my vote Sir

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭I Heart Internet

I grew out of ingesting random, unidentified substances when I was a toddler.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,171 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

It's been quite a few years but I've taken both and thoroughly enjoyed the experience with no negative consequences. That said, I'd be cautious about dosage and have never taken more than a couple of pills on the same night out. I can imagine those that take a load of them at once wouldn't always have such a positive experience.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,852 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Voting made me feel old. And alone. *dark mutterings*

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭iDave

Decent player MDMA. Player of the year actually.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Grand Moff Tarkin

Going back a good 20+ years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Ishmael

Never and would never. Does not appeal to me in the slightest.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭Sunglasses Ron

I am doing it right now

As am I.

We're having a party.

Jimmy Carter has just passed out on the couch.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Snatchy

Never. Call me old fashioned but I see it as taking the first step on a downward spiral.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

Snatchy wrote: »
    Never. Call me old fashioned but I see it as taking the first step on a downward spiral.

Downward spiral onto temporary a path of awesomeness maybe.

Getting off your head sometimes is fun; whether that's on yokes, drink etc doesn't really make a difference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭desultory

You're old fashioned.

It's great craic and have done and don't bother anymore. Mostly for a lack of good quality.

Define downward spiral please.

From what I've seen it's the more intelligent people who take MDMA/ecstacy every month or two. Yes, going at it weekly is not ill-advised but a few times a year is perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Real Life

I do it quite regularly. Not so much that i see it as a problem, but close.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Ishmael wrote: »
    Never and would never. Does not appeal to me in the slightest.

How do you know?
    I like to do it from time to time, lots of it in fact, its a great social lubricant.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Never tried it. Don't think it'd be my cuppa tea. I talk enough shite already

• Registered Users Posts: 8,966 ✭✭✭Tim Robbins

Yes - 20 years ago. It's incredible. But where does it end up?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,518 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

No. People who are on pills tend to annoy the crap out of me and I don't want to act that way.

Former weed smoker here btw

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭Lenin Skynard

I had never wanted to do it when I was growing up but I ended up doing it for a while in my late teens/early twenties. Was definitely good fun and an experience worth having.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 PCR

Real Life wrote: »
    I do it quite regularly. Not so much that i see it as a problem, but close.

This comment is really interesting to me. Do you think that you are on the verge of going from recreational user to habitual user?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭Lenin Skynard

PCR wrote: »
    This comment is really interesting to me. Do you think that you are on the verge of going from recreational user to habitual user?

It's not something that people get addicted to assuming that's what you mean by habitual. He's probably just struggling to juggle normal life with the comedowns from it. That seems to be a common complaint among regular users of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Real Life

PCR wrote: »

no i was kind of joking really. i do use it quite a bit but it doesn't affect my day to day life. i go to a lot of gigs/raves and do some dj'ing myself so its quite common in that scene but i wouldn't even think about taking it on a daily basis or anything just when i have something on

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

It's not something that people get addicted to assuming that's what you mean by habitual. He's probably just struggling to juggle normal life with the comedowns from it. That seems to be a common complaint among regular users of it.

I actually don't mind the comedown, I wouldn't be able to work that day though so i would only do them on a long weekend or holiday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭The One Doctor

I would if it was gauranteed pure. Since it's not, I don't touch it or any other illegal drugs. Not worth the physical or social risk.

I would if it was gauranteed pure. Since it's not, I don't touch it or any other illegal drugs. Not worth the physical or social risk.

MDMA in its powder form is pure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭I Heart Internet

How do you know the powder that someone gives/sells you is MDMA?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

Some of it is. There's plenty of that stuff cut up as well. The "one pill could kill you stone dead" is one of the biggest moral panics we had in the past few decades anyway. You're more likely to die after a few pints than you are after taking ecstasy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭fearrua

On my old DCU course, nobody did any drugs bar booze and a few guys who smoked pot. When I dropped out and started going to Trinners it was like a whole new world, almost everyone I know on the course do various pills on nights out, and I still don't really get why to be honest.

Advertisement