Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have you done ecstasy or MDMA.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭WellThen?

endacl wrote: »
    No poll option for me. Just a plain ol' passive 'no'. No judgement implied. Never did the drug. Wasn't in the scene. All growed up now so it's unlikely I ever will. It passed me by.

And that is absolutely fair enough, if it never came into your possession, and it would be a bit off the rails being older to try it now makes sense. It's not the be all and end all, just another way to enjoy yourself.

I much prefer your stance to the rest of the posters who don't really have any knowledge on the subject shouting " junkie". Just because something is illegal does not make it morally WRONG. Laws change, sure alcohol was illegal at some stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Alcoholic is quite a technical term, so not quite.

I just use the term junkie to refer to all illegal drug users. But I'm not a doctor.

You're not a great troll either! Your argument is flawed and baseless I'm afraid!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

Tried ecstasy twice, didn't think it was great. Would love to try pure MDMA. It's funny, but out of all the drugs I've tried - alcohol, for me, has been the best. Am planning to experience shrooms next October.

Why October?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭I Heart Internet

You're not a great troll either! Your argument is flawed and baseless I'm afraid!

What argument? I was just asked what I thought a "junkie" was. I gave my opinion (knowing it wouldn't be popular with illegal drug fans). Others will have differing views.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,530 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Your views are not based on morals, but are rather based on the laws of the country you happen to live in. That, in my opinion means your arguments are flawed.

• Advertisement

What argument? I was just asked what I thought a "junkie" was. I gave my opinion (knowing it wouldn't be popular with illegal drug fans). Others will have differing views.

Your argument that all users of illegal drugs are junkies. It's just not true!
    Obama confessed to smoking a few joints back in his college days, is he a junkie?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

Someone who uses illegal drugs is not a junkie. A junkie is an addict be it to illegal or legal drugs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

Yeah, I've done it. I definitely don't do it as often as I used to, but occasionally I might dabble again once every few months. Went through a period of a year or so where I was mad for it. The skag just kills me now though. Most of the time I just feel like it isn't worth it. Would rather just stick to the drink instead more often than not nowadays.

Your argument that all users of illegal drugs are junkies. It's just not true!
    Obama confessed to smoking a few joints back in his college days, is he a junkie?

He's probably a recovering junkie. A more pressing concern for him would be his (reported) tobacco addiction.

He's probably a recovering junkie. A more pressing concern for him would be his (reported) tobacco addiction.

:D

• Advertisement

Isn't that when they grow? :P Have only done slight research into them so far.

You might want to do a bit more research before you go eating potentially deadly mushrooms. Or just avoid the whole thing entirely.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Ok so drug users and junkies are the "same thing". So using your logic anybody who has a drink is an alcoholic yeh?
    Yes that's how it works, if you have a pint of stout you're a normal person, if you have a swig of poteen you're a junkie. If you smoke a spliff in Ireland you're a junkie but if you do it in the netherlands you're not a junkie. Everyone becomes a junkie when they go to Dubai and you can't be a junkie if it's medicine prescribed by your doctor. Hope this is helpful as now you know that if you go to a country that has laws that allow you to do drugs you can take as much as you want and you'll never become a junkie.

You might want to do a bit more research before you go eating potentially deadly mushrooms. Or just avoid the whole thing entirely.
    What's so deadly about mushrooms?

Thanks for showing such concern for all us junkies :)

ScumLord wrote: »
    Yes that's how it works, if you have a pint of stout you're a normal person, if you have a swig of poteen you're a junkie. If you smoke a spliff in Ireland you're a junkie but if you do it in the netherlands you're not a junkie. Everyone becomes a junkie when they go to Dubai and you can't be a junkie if it's medicine prescribed by your doctor. Hope this is helpful as now you know that if you go to a country that has laws that allow you to do drugs you can take as much as you want and you'll never become a junkie.

As I said, middle class drug users don't like being called junkies. It upsets them. Only poor/stupid people can be junkies, in their view.

Thanks for showing such concern for all us junkies :)

I'm being quite serious. Leaving the safety of pills, etc aside, mushrooms are probably the one thing in nature you don't want to be eating with no insight into what they are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

As I said, middle class drug users don't like being called junkies. It upsets them. Only poor/stupid people can be junkies, in their view.

its become very apparent that you dont even know what a junkie is?!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Oh, are there upper class or lower class drug users who do like being called junkies? x

As I said, middle class drug users don't like being called junkies.
    Nobody like being referred to in a derogatory manner, even poor people.
    I'm being quite serious. Leaving the safety of pills, etc aside, mushrooms are probably the one thing in nature you don't want to be eating with no insight into what they are.
    Why? Or are you associating psychedelic mushrooms with poisonous mushrooms and muddling separate species into one super shroom?

• Advertisement

Must be in the running for the most stupid post ever made on boards?

Oh, are there upper class or lower class drug users who do like being called junkies? x

Many middle class drug users consider drug addicts to be the only people worthy of the name "junkie", they consider themselves far too educated, knowledgeable and sophisticated to become addicted to drugs or fall victim to mus-identification and poisoning.

I just like leveling the playing field, as it were.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,254 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

I think Ecstasy is the best feeling in the world, at least as good as sex...but I don't think I will be doing it again as I nearly ended topping myself due to the depression it induced.

Sex never leaves me depressed?

Anyway, mad old thread what with the Narcs and that. I mean, why give a fcuk what other people do with their lives? Get your own.

I tried it twice, wasn't mad about it but to all the strangers on here that are mad for the yokes, go for it, I don't give a sh!te.

Many middle class drug users consider drug addicts to be the only people worthy of the name "junkie", they consider themselves far too educated, knowledgeable and sophisticated to become addicted to drugs or fall victim to mus-identification and poisoning.

I just like leveling the playing field, as it were.

What are you basing this little nugget on exactly?

ScumLord wrote: »
    Why? Or are you associating psychedelic mushrooms with poisonous mushrooms and muddling separate species into one super shroom?

No. I'm just saying that there are quite a number of poisonous mushrooms, even in Ireland and you can make yourself very ill by eating some of them - you can even kill yourself if you eat enough of a really dodgy species.

I thought everyone knew that.

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Corcaigh84

http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/lsquostay-away-from-drugsrsquo-pleads-priest-at-funeral-270236.html

Am I wrong for thinking 'yeah this guy looks like your typical pill head?'

I think the reason it (ecstacy or MDMA, not what yer man took) is hard to accept as a socially acceptable or lifelong drug is that I don't think the public will ever associate it with anything other than a young person's drug.

I enjoy a few pints of stout and a chat with my father who's in his sixties the odd Friday night. In an alternate reality would dropping a few pills with him instead be equally normal / enjoyable? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Many middle class drug users consider drug addicts to be the only people worthy of the name "junkie"

That's because many middle class drug users know what the word "junkie" means, unlike your good self. As indeed do many people who don't use drugs, along with people of other classes. x

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭Rough Sleeper

That |"research" would amount to printing out a sheet with a picture of the mushrooms. Liberty Caps are the only psychedelic mushrooms that grow in Ireland and they're completely unmistakable.

What are you basing this little nugget on exactly?

Experience of middle-class drug users.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

I care about other people. Don't want to see drug users get hurt or ruin their lives.

do you have the same crusade for people who drink?

Advertisement