Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have you done ecstasy or MDMA.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭131spanner

Nope, don't have any plan to either! One dodgy pill and you're fúcked. No high is worth that risk.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Mensch Maschine

ScumLord wrote: »
    Yes that's how it works, if you have a pint of stout you're a normal person, if you have a swig of poteen you're a junkie. If you smoke a spliff in Ireland you're a junkie but if you do it in the netherlands you're not a junkie. Everyone becomes a junkie when they go to Dubai and you can't be a junkie if it's medicine prescribed by your doctor. Hope this is helpful as now you know that if you go to a country that has laws that allow you to do drugs you can take as much as you want and you'll never become a junkie.

Ahaha... I laughed so hard. I despise people that are so pedantic and don't even think freely for themselves as demonstrated by I Heart Internet.

And nobody is suggesting consuming drugs is win-win. In fact many users are realistic and they will speak candidly about the negative side of things. You have to realise that educated, responsible, recreational drug-use (not abuse) is relatively harmless.

And the most ignorant thing you can believe in is that: 'if it's legal, its OK/healthy and if it's illegal, it's bad/deadly.'

Open your mind and stop being so ignorant.

With regards to the quality and health risks.. http://www.pillreports.com/

The link is a good example of recreational drug users coming together to share information on particular batches of drugs in circulation. You can buy home testing kits which will give the user a clearer indication of the quality.

You can call me, my friends, my work colleagues all junkies if you like but it's all just an amusing exercise and example of your ignorance, lack of understanding and aggressive attempt at using a derogatory word to egotistically try leverage your way up on your high horse. Laughable at best.

And yes, I don't like supporting drug dealers... well the ones that are higher up that use violence etc. However, I also don't like paying taxes but I will - even if my taxes are going to support violent dealers, rapists and anyone else I'm not fond of that benefits from my taxes paid.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

There is a very strong smell of what comes from a male cow's bottom from that anecdote.

Ignorance is bliss, what I say happened to me, next your gonna all those kids didn't die from drugs, it was dehydration.

For you guys to claim that my life experience with people who use these drugs is laughable and ignorant. Hell

I wish it was all legalised but if you use these drugs and end up in critical conditions because of it then we shouldn't have spend loads of money to save you.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,530 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

yeah, so its perfectly safe and causes no harm then, just because its legal, yeah, right

FYI, that quoted post was sarcastic. If yours was also, then please ignore

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

There is a very strong smell of what comes from a male cow's bottom from that anecdote.

Funny you should say that.
    cocaine in Europe, for example, is often adulterated with a cattle-worming drug

http://www.economist.com/news/leaders/21602693-cracking-down-illicit-drugs-means-they-surface-another-form-press-down-pop-up?fsrc=scn/tw/te/pe/pressdownpopup

As the Economist has long argued, the war on drugs is a futile one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭I Heart Internet

Ahaha... I laughed so hard. I despise people that are so pedantic and don't even think freely for themselves as demonstrated by I Heart Internet.

Why do you think I don't think freely?
    And nobody is suggesting consuming drugs is win-win. In fact many users are realistic and they will speak candidly about the negative side of things. You have to realise that educated, responsible, recreational drug-use (not abuse) is relatively harmless.

No it's not. It supports violent crime.
    And the most ignorant thing you can believe in is that: 'if it's legal, its OK/healthy and if it's illegal, it's bad/deadly.'

I haven't seen anyone on here say that.
    And yes, I don't like supporting drug dealers....
    So don't do it then.
    well the ones that are higher up that use violence etc.....

I know, sure the local lads are sound. And I think they get their supplies from fairies at the bottom of the garden.
    However, I also don't like paying taxes but I will - even if my taxes are going to support violent dealers, rapists and anyone else I'm not fond of that benefits from my taxes paid.

Jay - sus :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 32 AnScamall

JamboMac wrote: »
    Here's a quick question but before that to respond to the initial one never have and to be quite honest people that do these drugs to me are as much junkies as heroin addicts.

So in your mind what defines a junkie?

To me a Junkie is somebody who is addicted to drugs and cannot afford to buy them. They have to steal to feed the habbit and cannot manage to look after themselves. I have the word Junkie even then and prefare Drug Addict.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭drumswan

Prohibitionists like you are organised crimes' biggest ally. Violent drug related crime would all but disappear if not for the likes of you.

drumswan wrote: »
    Prohibitionists like you are organised crimes' biggest ally. Violent drug related crime would all but disappear if not for the likes of you.

This is just blame-shifting. No matter how much they complain about legislation, a person buying an illegal drug tonight knows that they are supporting violent crime. And yet they do it anyway. Sad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭drumswan

This is just blame-shifting. No matter how much they complain about legislation, a person buying an illegal drug tonight knows that they are supporting violent crime. And yet they do it anyway. Sad.
    Its not blame shifting, its your fault.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,530 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Are you against anybody ever going against the grain?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,027 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

No problem. I think most people are agreed anyway that illegal drug users support organised crime, it's not difficult to see.....follow the money and all that.

Just wanted to remind you that consuming illegal drugs is not the win-win lifestyle choice some would suggest it is.
    growing it at home and supplying to a few friends isn't "supporting organized crime"

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

Buying a few pills on any given night im not going to feel bad about organised crime TBH, why the hell would people be thinking about that?

drumswan wrote: »
    Its not blame shifting, its your fault.

No it's not. Follow the money, direct from drug users pockets to violent criminals.

Have the discussion about legalisation if you like, but don't pretend that buying drugs today isn't supporting criminals.

Nonsense. You're just trying to excuse drug users from responsibility. If you buy drugs today (not in some hypothetical realm where drugs are legal) you ARE supporting organised crime. No amount of complaining about laws will change that.

This is just whataboutery. Buying and consuming illegal drugs today supports violent organised crime.

I expect considerate people not to support violent, organised crime. That's all.
    buying consumer products also supports organized crimes, they are called slavery and child labour, so stop peddling your nonsense, because your supporting a form of organized crime yourself unless you buy all fair trade products, growing some drugs at home and selling them to your friends isn't organized crime, its a crime yes, but a small one

growing it at home and supplying to a few friends isn't "supporting organized crime"

No. I usually qualify my statement with the fact that it's "almost always" supporting organised crime. You and I both know most people don't get their fix this way.

Buying a few pills on any given night im not going to feel bad about organised crime TBH, why the hell would people be thinking about that?

Because most people have a bit of an oul conscience on them.

Illegal drug users buying drugs are directly supporting violent criminals.

buying consumer products also supports organized crimes, they are called slavery and child labour, so stope peddling your nonsense, because your supporting a form of organized crime yourself unless you buy all fair trade products, growing some drugs at home and selling them to your friends isn't organized crime, its a crime yes, but a small one

Whataboutery.

You are sensible to know that most Irish people do not grow or manufacture their own illegal drugs. Most of them pay violent criminals to do it for them.

JamboMac wrote: »
    Ignorance is bliss, what I say happened to me, next your gonna all those kids didn't die from drugs, it was dehydration.

For you guys to claim that my life experience with people who use these drugs is laughable and ignorant. Hell

I wish it was all legalised but if you use these drugs and end up in critical conditions because of it then we shouldn't have spend loads of money to save you.
    of course we should, removing treatment that can save someones life is a form of terrorism

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Yeah done a few times, fantastic experiences each time.

Would love to try again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Mensch Maschine

Why do you think I don't think freely?

I haven't seen anyone on here say that.

So don't do it then.

I know, sure the local lads are sound. And I think they get their supplies from fairies at the bottom of the garden.

Jay - sus :confused:

Let me spell out the drug dealer thing.. I know plenty of hard working professionals that sold me drugs. They have good jobs in various industries etc. They may have a batch of stuff to sell friends and acquaintances be it out of doing favours for friends or so they can get theirs for free. If an acquaintance that does such things gets caught, he can be classified as a dealer - at least in the eyes of the law. That's just one side though. I wouldn't be as arrogant as you as to dismiss the ****ing abysmal acts carried out by upper level drug dealers. So what do we do about it? "The War On Drugs" is total failure. We're human. If we want something enough, we'll get it. The war on drugs is a waste. We have to accept the reality...people like drugs, be it coffee, alcohol, nicotine, MDMA.

Decriminalization needs to happen and realistic education about what really happens. Honest education, not scare mongering. Start treating citizens like adults and stop insulting peoples intelligence.

Do you always see things in a warped, obscured and extremely black & white way or is it just some sort of mental issue you have? Serious question.

And while I disagree with violence. Most violence happens against other violent criminals. It's all in the game though, right? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

I think he's just an elaborate troll. Nobody can be this rigid and inflexible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

Because most people have a bit of an oul conscience on them.

Illegal drug users buying drugs are directly supporting violent criminals.

No im directly supporting myself and my prospects of having a good night, im not paying anyone to be violent.

don't pretend that buying drugs today isn't supporting criminals.

so its not supporting criminals now? i thought you said it was? make up your mind

Let me spell out the drug dealer thing.. I know plenty of hard working professionals that sold me drugs. They have good jobs in various industries etc. They may have a batch of stuff to sell friends and acquaintances be it out of doing favours for friends or so they can get theirs for free. If an acquaintance that does such things gets caught, he can be classified as a dealer - at least in the eyes of the law.

That's because he's a dealer.

That's just one side though. I wouldn't be as arrogant as you as to dismiss the ****ing abysmal acts carried out by upper level drug dealers. So what do we do about it?

Stop giving them your money.
    Do you always see things in a warped, obscured and extremely black & white way or is it just some sort of mental issue you have? Serious question.

When it comes to violent crime (or even non-violent crime) I'm pretty much dead against it. I don't believe decent people should be funding it.

Whataboutery.

wrong, buying consumer products supports forced labour/child labour/slavery, people are often forced into working with beatings and raping used to keep the workers in line
    You are sensible to know that most Irish people do not grow or manufacture their own illegal drugs. Most of them pay violent criminals to do it for them.

tough, you want to keep the illegal drugs illegal then violent criminals organized crime and all the other problems are a price to pay

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭TheGlass

When it comes to violent crime (or even non-violent crime) I'm pretty much dead against it. I don't believe decent people should be funding it.

It is a result of failed legislation. Humans have always and will always seek to alter their minds. Look at what prohibition did in America, it created criminal empires. You can go on about supporting criminality all night, but the criminals wouldn't exist if we had a sensible drugs policy and an education system that said more than just 'All drugs are bad don't do them'.

I think he's just an elaborate troll. Nobody can be this rigid and inflexible.

What is so strange about pointing out that buying illegal drugs supports the violent criminals that supply the illegal drugs? I'd have thought that was obvious. I know that's an unpalatable fact if you're a drug-user who thinks they're doing no harm, but it's a fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Nonsense. You're just trying to excuse drug users from responsibility.
    I'm not, I'm just pointing out the law is more responsible for the situation than the people using. If you buy cheap electronics today you are actively contributing to the abuse of people around the world. You wouldn't accept the poor working standards at home but then you'll buy a product made by a country that can avoid the standards you expect for yourself.

The only difference is you won't accept your money funds violence and abuse on a massive scale. But then you don't control the market, even if you denied yourself all these products it still wouldn't solve the problem. So you continue to buy what you want but hope things will change in the future.

This is just whataboutery. Buying and consuming illegal drugs today supports violent organised crime.
    Not necessarily. Cannabis can be grown anywhere by anyone. It doesn't necessarily have to pass through the hands of a violent gang member.

No it's not. Follow the money, direct from drug users pockets to violent criminals.
    Money follows demand and people have demanded drugs since people were around. For thousands of years we've used drugs. Then prohibition came in created a host of problems worse than the problem they were trying to fix. You can blame the end user but the real blame lies with the architects of the problem and the people who continue to exacerbate the problem despite their continuing failures.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Philo Beddoe

The only way you're going to prevent violent drug-related crime is to take the drug business out of the hands of criminals. People aren't going to stop taking drugs because of a nebulous connection to violent crime any more than they're going to stop drinking Coca-Cola because of exploitation of workers. If your objection to drugs is really based on the links to violent crime then you should be lobbying your elected representatives for decriminalisation.

Advertisement