Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

So the bestest girlfriend in the world just went and bought me a PS4 for my birthday. However, she imported it from USA. It's a 120v only unit. The manual [I didn't read it] advises not to connect it to a power transformer as it will cause over heating.

Anyone have any advice or in same position? Patiently waiting to power her up.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭despot

Resogun and Towerfall, no question whatsoever :)

Ended up with Resogun, looked it up after your rec, went with Fez over Towerfall though, played the Fez demo and just had to have the whole game :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

RangeR wrote: »
    Anyone have any advice or in same position? Patiently waiting to power her up.

Im sure they work 110-240, but not certain

cadete wrote: »
    Im sure they work 110-240, but not certain

Yeah, I'm about 90% sure it;s dual voltage. iFitIt teardown says the actual PSU says 120/240 on the inside. I'm heading upto Tesco Extra now to see if I can get some torques.

Yeah, I'm about 90% sure it;s dual voltage. iFitIt teardown says the actual PSU says 120/240 on the inside. I'm heading upto Tesco Extra now to see if I can get some torques.

As the USA warranty isn't worth the paper it's printed on, I opened it up. I took out the PSU and underneath it stated 120-240. Bingo. Been using it the last few hours great little device. Can't believe how small and responsive it is. Need to purchase a camera.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

As the USA warranty isn't worth the paper it's printed on, I opened it up. I took out the PSU and underneath it stated 120-240. Bingo. Been using it the last few hours great little device. Can't believe how small and responsive it is. Need to purchase a camera.

I hope nothing happens to it, as you said the warranty is null and void now, but they will not even repair it if any issues occur, for some countries they will charge you half the price of the console just to fix the slightest issue, but the EU seems to be outside of this rule with it being an import.

Xenji wrote: »
    I hope nothing happens to it, as you said the warranty is null and void now, but they will not even repair it if any issues occur, for some countries they will charge you half the price of the console just to fix the slightest issue, but the EU seems to be outside of this rule with it being an import.
    That's why I opened it. Essentially, because it was purchased in USA, I never had a warranty? If something went wrong, I wasn't going to "send it back".

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

I'm in HMV in Dundrum. They've 3 PS4s in stock. They're deal is €465 for the console, Infamous and The Hobbit on Blu Ray.

Worst hangover money wise or best hangover gaming wise?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

shuffles03 wrote: »
    I'm in HMV in Dundrum. They've 3 PS4s in stock. They're deal is €465 for the console, Infamous and The Hobbit on Blu Ray.

Worst hangover money wise or best hangover gaming wise?

Well it's typically 440 for the PS4 and infamous bundle, so depends if the hobbit is worth 25 to you. (and if the bundle is available)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

Well it's typically 440 for the PS4 and infamous bundle, so depends if the hobbit is worth 25 to you. (and if the bundle is available)

Think it's a made up bundle by the store itself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

That 120 is weird because isn't the on a 110 volt was this a European console that got lost and went to the states.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Can't get into mercenary kings. Good thing I haven't finished dead nation yet.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,751 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Xenji wrote: »
    If anyone is interested in Final Fantasy 14, they are holding another open beta test this weekend and it has already started.

started this today, already play it on pc, have to say this looks way better than it does on my pc! really plays well on the ps4 as well!.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,765 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

2hrs 20mins to finish MGSV- Ground Zeroes. Enjoyable and ill go back and explore other options later to knock some more value out of it.

It is definitely overpriced and probably just for fans of the series.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

Any idea where I might pick up a PS4 stand, lads? I've been keeping an eye on Argos, but they never seem to have them in stock. Not talking about the knock-off ones, either - want a PS one (probably sounds a bit knobby, but there you go! :pac:).

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Muirshin Durkin

ebay or gamestop?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

Tried GS a while back, but they'd none - will check again. Will scan ebay too, cheers.

JamboMac wrote: »
    That 120 is weird because isn't the on a 110 volt was this a European console that got lost and went to the states.

Maybe it was 110. Doesn't matter now. IT's all working.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

.ak wrote: »
    Also, thinking of my next purchase... Any recommendations? Trying to decide between Infamous or Assassins Creed. Personally I was never a fan of the Infamous series, always felt a little cheap, but the new one looks lush...

Ended up getting AC4. Was cheaper and I'm sure I'll pick up SS when it drops in price.

Enjoying AC4 so far, not much change from the others though (as expected) but seems to play a lot more fluid. Combat is a bit dumbed down but definitely more fun because of it. Little bit disappointed in the graphics, although the AC titles were always a bit disappointing in that regard (apart from the first one). Player models are a bit poor and definitely not very next gen. But the massive open world/general piratey skullduggery makes up for all of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Otacon wrote: »
    inFAMOUS: 5
    Assassin's Creed IV: 2
    Undecided: 2

Hope that help's .ak
    .ak wrote: »
    Ended up getting AC4.

Jackie-chan-meme.jpg

Joking obviously. ACIV is a fun game.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭King Krib

I bought AC myself last week and I'm loving it. Feels a bit Far Cryish....in parts.

Otacon wrote: »
    Jackie-chan-meme.jpg

Joking obviously. ACIV is a fun game.

Haha. As I said, went for the wallet decision! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

Is there a way to check how much time you have spent with a particular title on PS4? Kinda like the activity log on 3DS?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Dmr1cnC.png

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Pity I only played through The Last of Us a couple of months ago. No way I would want to go through it again, even if it will look and run better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Great news for people like me that didn't own a PS3 last gen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

Yep I'll buy that again no problem!

Yeah, weirdly enough I'll defo rebuy it. It crashed all of the time on the ps3 so never really had a fluid gaming experience. Plus it's got the dlc which I don't have.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I am yet to finish it on ps3... I just can't get in to it. It's really shocking to me as I love survival zombie games.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

I am yet to finish it on ps3... I just can't get in to it. It's really shocking to me as I love survival zombie games.

That explains it so, they're not zombies.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement