Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

.ak wrote: »
    Ended up getting AC4. Was cheaper and I'm sure I'll pick up SS when it drops in price.

Enjoying AC4 so far, not much change from the others though (as expected) but seems to play a lot more fluid. Combat is a bit dumbed down but definitely more fun because of it. Little bit disappointed in the graphics, although the AC titles were always a bit disappointing in that regard (apart from the first one). Player models are a bit poor and definitely not very next gen. But the massive open world/general piratey skullduggery makes up for all of that.

I've always been a big AC fan and now that the developers will have had a nice length of time to bed in with the PS4's capabilities. I expect the next AC release to be a step up in graphics and visuals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I really didn't enjoy it on my first play through, subsequent playthroughs and playing it on a harder difficulty really sold it to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭198321

I see you can preorder digital version of Watch Dogs for PS3 on playstation store, but no PS4 preorder? Or anybody know where is it?

I usually buy discs so I can sell them but I don't think I will be selling watchdogs ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

10151360_1579888732236376_8959557968806743337_n.jpg

Summer release.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

This will make my deviation from Xbox that much more easier.

Uncharted triple pack next please, Sony.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

Trying to make the plunge into PS4 territory this morning. I work out in Blanchardstown and this is what I've been told by surrounding stores regarding an Infamous bundle:

Harvey Norman:
    None in stock but can order one in for next week
    €440

Smyths:
    PS4 and any game for €450

Gamestop:
    Can't get one if I don't have a preorder but the Infamous bundle would be €450

Argos:
    €485 for the Infamous bundle (excessive)

For the sake of a tenner, it's probably not worth waiting till next week. I'm guessing €450 is the norm? Would online throw up better bundles or should I just go with Smyths and their own made up bundle?

shuffles03 wrote: »
    Trying to make the plunge into PS4 territory this morning. I work out in Blanchardstown and this is what I've been told by surrounding stores regarding an Infamous bundle:

Harvey Norman:
    None in stock but can order one in for next week
    €440

Smyths:
    PS4 and any game for €450

Gamestop:
    Can't get one if I don't have a preorder but the Infamous bundle would be €450

Argos:
    €485 for the Infamous bundle (excessive)

For the sake of a tenner, it's probably not worth waiting till next week. I'm guessing €450 is the norm? Would online throw up better bundles or should I just go with Smyths and their own made up bundle?

Could just get the console and then download Infamous off of the US store where it's around €45. That said €450 for the console and game isn't bad at all abd if you don't like or finish Infamous you have the option to trade it in.

ps4_zpse3f12454.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

F1ngers wrote: »
    That explains it so, they're not zombies.

You can call them whatever you want, they are zombies, just with different take. I wont go in to the argument on this thread, but it wont make more interested in game only, because I will call them infected... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Muirshin Durkin

You can call them whatever you want, they are zombies, just with different take. I wont go in to the argument on this thread, but it wont make more interested in game only, because I will call them infected... :rolleyes:

Your loss mate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Yeah, they are zombies, without being pedantic about it.

But how come you didn't get into the game? I really can't find anything I didn't like about TLOU. Game plan is fantastic, really organic cover system and the AI makes the game play even better as they're so many dynamic instances. Storyline and atmosphere is obviously top notch.

Although I wouldn't really compare it to other zombie games, it's apples and oranges really. It was, and always has been, a more sophisticated version of Uncharted - with 'zombies'. :D

Also the extra details released today confirms that it's more than just a 1080 upgrade. New player models, textures, lighting and physics etc. etc. DLCs included.

Can't wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

I call them Man U fans! :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

.ak wrote: »
    Yeah, they are zombies, without being pedantic about it.

But how come you didn't get into the game? I really can't find anything I didn't like about TLOU. Game plan is fantastic, really organic cover system and the AI makes the game play even better as they're so many dynamic instances. Storyline and atmosphere is obviously top notch.

Although I wouldn't really compare it to other zombie games, it's apples and oranges really. It was, and always has been, a more sophisticated version of Uncharted - with 'zombies'. :D

I think the big thing that helps it is that it's not stupid. Other zombie games are impossible and far-fetched. The cordyceps infection is a real thing that could jump the species barrier from insects to humans (incredibly, incredibly unlikely, but it's a possibility).
    It's a lot more realistic that they're not zombies considering they're alive and can die, and if they kill you, you don't reanimate. You don't have to head shot them in order to "kill" them like the walking dead.

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Muirshin Durkin

This is what they used as the idea for the infection in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,802 ✭✭✭oranbhoy67

Isnt it about time they brought out some new apps already??
    We are missing out on even basic ones like youtube, when you check out all the apps available to US PS4 owners its shockingly bad how little we have in comparison.

Glad i kept my PS3 for the media side alone.

And on the subject of TLOU coming out on PS4.. good news - should push the pre-owned price of the PS3 version down, or we might even get it on PS Plus like they did with Tomb Raider.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Transistor is out on the 20th of May. Quite like the look of that game.

Actually that's the 21st for us Europeans.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭padair

Does anyone know if these are the same headphones,

http://www.toys.ie/-!135273-prd.aspx

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-PlayStation-Wireless-Stereo-Headset/dp/B00I8S4E1C/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1397159059&sr=8-2&keywords=sony+pulse+2

and if there any reason for the huge disparity in the price. They are 89E in Smiths and 130 pounds from amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭TheGoldenAges

Not a fanboy but quite enjoyed this

get?url=http%3A%2F%2Fimgur.com%2Fuu17Z3l.gif&key=fnmqsfnBfux4kBQRMtXfKA&w=600&h=176

padair wrote: »

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-PlayStation-Wireless-Stereo-Headset/dp/B00I8S4E1C/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1397159059&sr=8-2&keywords=sony+pulse+2

and if there any reason for the huge disparity in the price. They are 89E in Smiths and 130 pounds from amazon.

If there's not you could buy a couple and undercut Amazon, profit ?!?!?! :pac::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭padair

If there's not you could buy a couple and undercut Amazon, profit ?!?!?! :pac::pac:

Nah.. I don't like touting. Karma would come and bite me on the arse the next time I was getting festival tickets

Nah.. I don't like touting. Karma would come and bite me on the arse the next time I was getting festival tickets

I wasn't entirely serious but fair play for sticking to principles :D

Was just playing around with Remote Play with my Vita earlier. I had inFamous working perfectly on the Vita's screen but everything was being mirrored on my TV as well. Can I set it up so that the TV is on standby and just beam it to my Vita on it's own?

By the way, playing inFamous on the Vita's screen was immense. I couldn't see a dip in graphics because of the screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭DUBLINHITMAN

I just wish for next gen games everything available is on previous gen bar a few .
    Maybe a handful of games are new and and different but the rest are on old consoles.

Ive made a decision if it comes out on previous gen or was out on previous gen im not buying it.

Also, went into the PS store and couldn't find any PS Vita games for PS Plus or at all. It only brought up 1 PS4 game. Can I search Vita games in the store on the PS4?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

shuffles03 wrote: »
    Was just playing around with Remote Play with my Vita earlier. I had inFamous working perfectly on the Vita's screen but everything was being mirrored on my TV as well. Can I set it up so that the TV is on standby and just beam it to my Vita on it's own?

By the way, playing inFamous on the Vita's screen was immense. I couldn't see a dip in graphics because of the screen.

Couldn't you just turn off the tv?

It will always show whats on the vita screen as the ps4 is doing the same thing.

Figured that was the setup. Just wanted to check in case there was a setting I had missed or something. Cheers!

Looks the exact same, same box, same spec... Good value either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Same yeah, the amazon seller is just wayyy overpriced.

You can get them for 75€ delivered here too: https://www.videogamesplus.ca/product_info.php?products_id=21653

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Final Fantasy 14 is now live on PS4 for users with PS3 accounts who wish to upgrade their account to PS4 version for free (but they lose access to the game on the PS3 unless they purchase another copy of the game).
    just downloaded a small patch from the beta 2 client and now have full access to the ps4 game:)

Users who pre-order the game can also log in from today on PS4. The game isn't fully available till Monday for users with disc/boxed copies.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement