Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

Finally ordered my PS4. I bought it directly from the sony online store. should have it 2-3 weeks.

Can anybody recommend some games I should get for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Finally ordered my PS4. I bought it directly from the sony online store. should have it 2-3 weeks.

What sort of games to you mainly play?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭jenjenten

setup a PS+ account, grab all the free games!...Resogun, baby...RESOGUN :D

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-ie/playstation-plus-membership/cid=STORE-MSF76008-PS_PLUS_MEMBERSH|platform~ps4|

Xenji wrote: »
    What sort of games to you mainly play?

I play allot of sports games like Fifa and Madden etc. But I'm kind of sick of them. Looking for something different. Any Ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Muirshin Durkin

Infamous, its a bit short but fun. By the end of this year you'll have a nice few games to play, theres a good few releases coming up.

• Advertisement

I play allot of sports games like Fifa and Madden etc. But I'm kind of sick of them. Looking for something different. Any Ideas?

NBA 2k14 is a great game, best looking sports game on the PS4 so far as well, Infamous is just out and has got great reviews from people here, AC IV Black Flag is another great game, far better than AC III, you also have PS+ games such as Res0gun, Contrast and Outlast and free games like War Thunder and Blacklight Retribution.

I cannot really tell you that much about the FPS games, not really that into them and you have the likes of Watch_Dogs, Wolfenstein: The New Order, Murdered: Soul Suspect, Elder Scrolls Online, Bound By Flame and Child of Light coming out in the next 2 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,494 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

If you sign up for PS Plus now, can you still go back and download all the previous month's free games yeah?

Also, whats the cheapest place for ps plus atm?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Lads where can you buy US PSN credit with paypal want to get Thief and TR before they go today

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭keyboard_cat

Anyone interested in getting infamous its 99c in xtravision with 2 games and Knack which they apprently accept just went down in price at grainger games to 15gbp two copies of the game plus parcel motel and 99c for xtravision would probably cost under 45euro

If you sign up for PS Plus now, can you still go back and download all the previous month's free games yeah?

Also, whats the cheapest place for ps plus atm?

No, unless you either downloaded the game or put it in your downloaded queue while it was offered free on PS+, otherwise you have to pay for them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,226 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Lads where can you buy US PSN credit with paypal want to get Thief and TR before they go today

cardscodes.com or pcgamesupply if you need to use paypal.

€46 for $50 on cardscodes. €41 for $50 on pcgamesupply. Another €8 for the $10 I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭BrookieD

just got my PS4 set up last night - Picked up yesterday and have Fifa14 plus extra controller and also dock for controller charging...

Liked Modern Warefare 2 etc as a solo game for me so whats the best type of game in that genre at the moment. Also love driving games but Driver Club being delayed is there anything decent around?

Will to play a few online games of fifa if anyone is interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

Add me for FIFA if you like. Batesy2007

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Finally got my inFAMOUS: Second Son review posted. Hope you guys like it and find it useful.
    BrookieD wrote:
    Liked Modern Warefare 2 etc as a solo game for me so whats the best type of game in that genre at the moment. Also love driving games but Driver Club being delayed is there anything decent around?

COD on PS4 is fine but basically just a mild upgrade to the same formula. You might enjoy Battlefield 4 more.

As for driving games, Need for Speed Rivals is probably your best option at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Oat23 wrote: »
    cardscodes.com or pcgamesupply if you need to use paypal.

€46 for $50 on cardscodes. €41 for $50 on pcgamesupply. Another €8 for the $10 I think.

That's really expensive! brianregan09 buy them from amazon.com a $50 digital card works out at €36

• Registered Users Posts: 24 delz0r

Anywhere cheap to buy COD?

Do you have to pay to play games online, in ireland?

Yeah, it is bundled in with the price of your PS+ subscription, a handful of games like War Thunder do not need PS+ for online play.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

delz0r wrote: »
    Anywhere cheap to buy COD?

Chipper?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Yep you've to buy PS Plus to play online. But it's great value for what ya get, especially if you have a PS3 too. Alternatively there are free to play games on the Store; War Thunder & Blacklight, think there's a couple more. You don't need PS Plus to play those.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Infamous waiting for me on the doorstep :)

45 euros from VGP. Suck it, Gamestop.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 delz0r

superg wrote: »
    Chipper?

Thanks for the heads up.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,963 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition for PS4 on PSN reduced to €27.99 and Thief for PS4 reduced to €34.99 until Apr 1st
    http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2014/03/28/thief-and-tomb-raider-definitive-edition-are-half-price-this-weekend-on-the-psn/

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭rafi bomb

Moneymaker wrote: »

When u order it?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Bought Towerfall and Fez today with my €20 voucher, despite having Infamous and MGS to play. Enough PS4 to keep me happy for a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,226 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

CombatCow wrote: »
    That's really expensive! brianregan09 buy them from amazon.com a $50 digital card works out at €36

He asked for somewhere you can pay with Paypal.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,295 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Towerfall is tied with Resogun as best PS4 game to date IMO - and I haven't even played two player yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

cheers got sorted and downloaded Thief :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

Moneymaker wrote: »

Got mine too Friday, sit on it and swivel GS!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,522 ✭✭✭✭Varik

About to get the platinum for DC universe online, on the last character and about 1/2 way done but having a hard time doing it again as I keep playing with one of the others I've made.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement