Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 2.0

Options
  • 13-12-2013 5:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭

Just bought BF4 and the upgrade there.

Regarding the file size of the upgrade:

"it will download 6 gigs first so u can play the campaign only. the rest gets downloaded and installed separate. almost 2 hours for me and the campaign is ready but only 31% of the full game."

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/706551-battlefield-4/67904550

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Just bought BF4 and the upgrade there.

Regarding the file size of the upgrade:

"it will download 6 gigs first so u can play the campaign only. the rest gets downloaded and installed separate. almost 2 hours for me and the campaign is ready but only 31% of the full game."

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/706551-battlefield-4/67904550

I checked my system storage management and it is 38GB and is currently installing.

E45 for BF4 on PS4 is pretty sweet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

F1ngers wrote: »

Time to buy so

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Dumb question alert!

I don't have a PS3. Can I still buy the PS3 version of BF4 through the Playstation Store website and then do the PS3 to PS4 upgrade?

Yes. It ties BF4 to your PSN ID, not your (non-existent) PS3 so fire away.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭CathalRyano

Is there anywhere around Dublin to get Fifa for a decent price?

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭mileslow

I checked my system storage management and it is 38GB and is currently installing.

Would go for it myself only that the file size would probably cost me with my isp.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

mileslow wrote: »
    Would go for it myself only that the file size would probably cost me with my isp.

This is a bit off topic but is E fibre truly unlimited with the download caps?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭3rdDegree

nocoverart wrote: »

Definitely off topic but yes, there is usually a "fair usage" limit. Check small print to see what it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

No, only UPC and Sky have truly unlimited download caps. E fibre have a fair usage policy with their "unlimited" packages, don't know what the limit is but it's in the small print like UPC's used to be when they claimed unlimited is was around 500Gb per month.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

4 miles left in a 28 mile race in NFS and i get the error code for about the 8th time in the past few days. this console was never fit for release in november..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

i0CVN6y.png

• Advertisement

MarkY91 wrote: »
    4 miles left in a 28 mile race in NFS and i get the error code for about the 8th time in the past few days. this console was never fit for release in november..

What's the error code?

If it was as big an issue as you seem to be making it out to be, I'm sure more people on here would be complaining too.

I couldn't be happier with mine.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,103 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Just finished veteran on Resogun, the final phase of the last boss is a piece of work with his waves of bullets. I'm played tonnes of Cave bullet hell shooters over the years, and honestly at its most extreme Resogun is a match for some of 'em. And that's before you move onto Master and the dreaded suicide bullets! Housemarque have learned from the best. Now to attempt a 1CC.

Does anyone else find the final panel on the first part of the second level boss a pain in the ass on veteran? The wheel spins to the other side before you can get to it! You seem to have to either a) have an overdrive in reserve or b) suicide it (perhaps a boost if you're lucky).

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Never had a problem playing tbh mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

I think you mean the game was not ready for for a November launch right?

CombatCow wrote: »
    I think you mean the game was not ready for for a November launch right?

ghosts also shut down on me about 10 times since release so its not just NFS.

to an above user. lots of forums in a google search are complaining about the same bull**** problem

Just finished veteran on Resogun,

I stuck on Decima(veteran run), doing my head in.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

ghosts also shut down on me about 10 times since release so its not just NFS.

to an above user. lots of forums in a google search are complaining about the same bull**** problem

Yes, a good few games from the bigger publishers were rushed, xmas is a good time to make money...but I bet that won't stop you buying the next game off the same publisher :pac:

Yes, a good few games from the bigger publishers were rushed, xmas is a good time to make money...but I bet that won't stop you buying the next game off the same publisher :pac:

why would it stop me? im sure a patch will fix the problem. so is the problem with the publishers or the console? im not techy enough to know. its just them 2 games that crash often so i guess its the publishers?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

I said it wouldn't stop you ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

why would it stop me? im sure a patch will fix the problem. so is the problem with the publishers or the console? im not techy enough to know. its just them 2 games that crash often so i guess its the publishers?

Yeah it's the games....unless it's some crazy hardware problem that your having but that seems pretty dam unlikely.

Luckily I haven't had any crashes, although I haven't started BF4 yet :P

• Advertisement

CombatCow wrote: »
    Yeah it's the games....unless it's some crazy hardware problem that your having but that seems pretty dam unlikely.

Luckily I haven't had any crashes, although I haven't started BF4 yet :P

thats good then. should be patched soon i guess :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

only had one crash on BF4 campaign, thanks be to jaysus id reached a checkpoint before it crashed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

hallo dare wrote: »
    only had one crash on BF4 campaign, thanks be to jaysus id reached a checkpoint before it crashed

It's really doing my head in at the moment! Happens more in the afternoon/evening than morning but maybe that just coincidence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

This might sound a wee bit stupid, but can I play back video files on this like on the PS3?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

cloud493 wrote: »
    This might sound a wee bit stupid, but can I play back video files on this like on the PS3?

Not yet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Gutted :( Bleh share option, takes up a fair bit of space it does.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,103 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

... and the new thread begins here! Some of the final posts from the previous thread have been moved here for continuity purposes :)

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Cormo87

I got the Killzone bundle and looking to trade it in. Where's the best trade in value? Anyone have any issues trading it in with the not for resale on the box?

I stuck on Decima(veteran run), doing my head in.

Boost, overdrive and bombs are your best friends (the bullet cancelling properties of boost are a literal lifesaver)! Focus on pure survival rather than score chasing, I'm not sure what number the extra life and bomb humans are but if you're struggling just focus on them. The level 3 and 4 bosses are really easy, so it's just a matter of getting to that point and it should be smooth sailing, even if you're short on lives and bombs.

• Advertisement

Boost, overdrive and bombs are your best friends (the bullet cancelling properties of boost are a literal lifesaver)! Focus on pure survival rather than score chasing, I'm not sure what number the extra life and bomb humans are but if you're struggling just focus on them. The level 3 and 4 bosses are really easy, so it's just a matter of getting to that point and it should be smooth sailing, even if you're short on lives and bombs.

Was trying for the 15X trophy too.
    Gave up on that and now on final level.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement