Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

.ak wrote: »
    Also, thinking of my next purchase... Any recommendations? Trying to decide between Infamous or Assassins Creed. Personally I was never a fan of the Infamous series, always felt a little cheap, but the new one looks lush...

I had the same dilemma on the weekend and decided to pick Assassins Creed. It arrived yesterday morning and I lost nearly 5 hours playing it last night :D Brilliant game and feels very different compared to AC3 which I absolutely hated. I:SS looks great but there's just something about the gameplay I've seen that I know would make me regret buying it after an hour of play, just seems bland and repetetive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

DarkJager wrote: »
    I had the same dilemma on the weekend and decided to pick Assassins Creed. It arrived yesterday morning and I lost nearly 5 hours playing it last night :D Brilliant game and feels very different compared to AC3 which I absolutely hated. I:SS looks great but there's just something about the gameplay I've seen that I know would make me regret buying it after an hour of play, just seems bland and repetetive.

I agreed initially about your take on second son. But once you get immersed in the game thx to the graphics you intuitively begin to use your powers and the gameplay just works!

As for AC3 that was my biggest let down of last gen but Black Flag has me eager to see what the next instalment will be!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Bought MSG5:GZ last night. Still trying to figure out if I got ripped off or not, after sitting down to it I finished it in like an hour and a bit. Absolutely stunning looking game though, and plenty of replay ability.

I traded some PS3 games and Second Son and had credit left to get MGS:GZ. I played it. Thought it was great, then got €18 for it, so I ended up paying €17 (store credit) to play it. Not the greatest deal in the world, but I have to say, it was fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Would always choose Infamous. After AC3 and the hype that fooled me into getting it I don't think I will ever get BF, so unless it is a gift from someone or one of the plus freebies I will be giving it a miss. Still have 1 & 2 and will go back and complete them again someday.

Another one to try is Tomb Raider - if you have it on PS3 then don't but if not it is well worth picking up.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Yeh just finished TR (again). Great game. Almost tempted to pick it up on the PS4 cus it looks amazing with the new lighting effects.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

Finished both Infamous and AC4. Personally I preferred Infamous. I enjoyed them both but AC4 just had too many missions that just involved folowing people while staying hidden (i.e. eavesdropping missions). They nearly drove me insane. Away from the main missions it was a big improvement over 3 but the main missions, aside from those at sea, were not that much of a step up really.

Infamous I just loved. It really makes you feel powerful and the traversal of the world is brilliant. That said, in terms of structure and gameplay it is very similar to the previous ones, although the mechanics have definitely been improved upon.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Still haven't gone back to AC4..

I'm a fan of the infamous series so I'm a bit biased in saying I'd definitely pick that.

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Pixelbastardo

Also, thinking of my next purchase... Any recommendations? Trying to decide between Infamous or Assassins Creed. Personally I was never a fan of the Infamous series, always felt a little cheap, but the new one looks lush...

Infamous over AC4 imo. I could never get into the first 2 infamous games either, but really enjoyed second son. AC4's gameplay gets so repetitive after awhile, and the story is ridiculous. i couldn't recommend it to anyone unless you can get it on the cheap, for the few hours of fun to be had before the repetitive nature of the game takes hold.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

AC4 over Infamous 2nd son for me

Ac4 was just so much fun to play and the game world is huge !!!!. There is so much to do in the game over 2nd son i found. But 2nd son is a very good game as well if it was me get both :p

Just got every Trophy now for the hero play in 2nd son. I think there is 3 more other trophies and just playing as bad left for me to get now. Going to be my 1st platinum for the PS4

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Otacon wrote: »
    Undecided
    DarkJager wrote: »
    Assassin's Creed IV
    jaffusmax wrote: »
    Undecided
    Grayditch wrote: »
    inFAMOUS
    Taltos wrote: »
    inFAMOUS
    Deano7788 wrote: »
    inFAMOUS
    tok9 wrote: »
    inFAMOUS
    inFAMOUS
    Assassin's Creed IV

inFAMOUS: 5
    Assassin's Creed IV: 2
    Undecided: 2

Hope that help's .ak

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Can I throw TowerFall Ascension into the mix, will not set you back much either.

Xenji wrote: »
    Can I throw TowerFall Ascension into the mix, will not set you back much either.

Ha! Spanner in the works....

Nah, was gonna get that and Fez. Played the demo for Fez, really cool game!

Otacon wrote: »
    inFAMOUS: 5
    Assassin's Creed IV: 2
    Undecided: 2

Hope that help's .ak

Hmm... Recount?

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I'm only about 3 hours into inFAMOUS Second Son and I'm really enjoying it. But for me I'd go with Assassin's Creed IV. I'm a huge fan of the series, so slightly biased but it is a great game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Lucreto

Both are good games. I loved Pirates as a kid and when I saw Assassin's Creed was a pirate game I was over the moon. I spent hours just sailing around listening to the sea shanty's

Infamous is great but a little short as most new generation games are but it looks amazing and is fun to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,511 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Just got the 2 platinums for DC Universe Online, loaded it up on PS3 and it unlocked ( had to load each character).

• Registered Users Posts: 14 duffers83

Is tombraider still up for discounted sale can't find it anywhere on psn only full price

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

duffers83 wrote: »
    Is tombraider still up for discounted sale can't find it anywhere on psn only full price

No, it was only over the weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭198321

I'm only about 3 hours into inFAMOUS Second Son and I'm really enjoying it. But for me I'd go with Assassin's Creed IV. I'm a huge fan of the series, so slightly biased but it is a great game.

Im already through it, went with good karma .. but now playing with bad karma and it is so much easier as for each kill you get karma while when I was good boy I was always loosing karma for killing ..

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I heard that you still can't rent ps4 games? I wanted to give bf4 a try on PS4, but I don't want to buy it.
    Is it still stupidly priced on next gen?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Pixelbastardo

I heard that you still can't rent ps4 games? I wanted to give bf4 a try on PS4, but I don't want to buy it.
    Is it still stupidly priced on next gen?

69.99e.

You could probably get it from vgp or cdwow for around 50e if you dont mind waiting 2 weeks for delivery, or off usa psn for 43e.

Theres been alot of rubberbanding/lag ruining the game for people, and 2 days ago dice stated that they've finally figured out the issue with their servers, and will be updating them all soon. So a 2 week wait for the game wouldn't be that bad a thing.

If anyone is interested in Final Fantasy 14, they are holding another open beta test this weekend and it has already started.

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Muirshin Durkin

Battlefields gone stale, they should make a new Battlefield 2142.

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭Shane.C

Battlefield is not worth it IMO. Stale is a good synopsis.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Finished up both Good and Evil paths of Second Son. I loved the game from start to finish.
    The multiple powers really help keep the gameplay fresh and give the player all sorts of options. I liked the story, the voice acting was stellar(as you'd expect given the cast). I played the Good path first, I felt like a terrible person after the Evil ending...ouch.

Definitely the best game on PS4 so far, and one of the best i've played period in sometime. Bravo Sucker Punch. My one criticism is that it's not particularly innovative, but I can't fault SP for being conservative and sticking with what works for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭plastik90

What's the best racing game at the moment?
    Would I be best to wait for future releases?

plastik90 wrote: »
    What's the best racing game at the moment?
    Would I be best to wait for future releases?

Need For Speed is the only one, so if you just ike racing games I would wait, not a bad game though.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Xenji wrote: »
    Need For Speed is the only one, so if you just ike racing games I would wait, not a bad game though.

In my humble opinion, Rivals on PS4 are pretty damn good racing game. I really like it. Its a shame that studio was closed down already, because Rivals was one of the best NFS games for ages, outside of Shift 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭despot

Got €30 to blow on the store, what would you guys recommend?

I've only had a PS4 and PS+ two weeks, so I missed out on any free games prior to Dead Nation.
    I have ISS, Rayman Legends, Mercenary Kings and Ghosts.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,195 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Resogun and Towerfall, no question whatsoever :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement