Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Try Setanta Sports Pack for the month of December for €1!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Just got my phone bill for last month. The time holding to cancel cost me about €10!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭Raoul

gimmick wrote: »
    Just got my phone bill for last month. The time holding to cancel cost me about €10!

Yeah, cost me an extra fiver. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Gotya

Seems very high lads,
    Cost me 73cent with eircom, call was just under 10 mins on the 30th of dec.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,913 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Gotya wrote: »
    Seems very high lads,
    probably calling from mobiles

• Registered Users Posts: 8,540 ✭✭✭Speak Now

gimmick wrote: »

3.56 it cost me, was on for half hour so was expecting worse. (mobile)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Rang sky today to cancel, they lied and said I couldn't keep setanta if I cancelled sky

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Gotya wrote: »
    Seems very high lads,

Called from my mobile,cost was less than €1.

EPL games on BT for the next couple of weeks:

Tuesday January 28: Liverpool v Everton - 8pm

Wednesday January 29: Tottenham v Manchester City - 7.45pm

Saturday February 1: West Ham United v Swansea City - 12.45pm

Saturday February 8: Liverpool v Arsenal - 12.45pm

Tuesday February 11: Cardiff City v Aston Villa - 7.45pm

Wednesday February 12: Arsenal v Manchester United - 7.45pm

Saturday February 22: Chelsea v Everton - 12.45pm

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭varberg

efb wrote: »
    Rang sky today to cancel, they lied and said I couldn't keep setanta if I cancelled sky

Sorry lads just two quick questions,

Can u keep setanta if you cancel sky, do they just hook up on free to air?
    Can u keep setanta even if u dont have sky sports?

• Registered Users Posts: 60,439 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

varberg wrote: »
    Sorry lads just two quick questions,

Can u keep setanta if you cancel sky, do they just hook up on free to air?
    Can u keep setanta even if u dont have sky sports?

As long as you have a Sky box and card you can get Setanta you do not need any Sky package to get it.

If you don't have a card Setanta will send you out one as far as I know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭icjzfmq7ewon1t

I want to cancel setanta at end of February when is the latest I can call 31st January or 1st February. Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,540 ✭✭✭Speak Now

I want to cancel setanta at end of February when is the latest I can call 31st January or 1st February. Thanks.

31st

• Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

The BT channels are blocked for me tonight .

Setanta put me on the 9.99 deal a few weeks ago and the channels have been working fine until tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭icjzfmq7ewon1t

31st

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭varberg

Signed up in december for a euro after seeing it here, then rang to cancel the other day, they got back to me and offered 2 months for 12.99 a month. i accepted it. have to remember to call then to get new deal they said.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭kranbo

Signed up in December for €1 and overlooked cancelling before the end of the month. I was charged €20 for Jan so rang today to cancel. The agent asked why I was cancelling and I told her I couldn't afford it,

She the offered €10 per month Feb - April which I accepted and advised I should cancel before the end of March.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭cargo

Hi folks, does anyone know if it's per calendar month or 30 days from sign-up? i.e. If I signed up today and got this BA would it cost 9.99 for the next 3 days to 1st Feb or would the first 9.99 pay through until 28/2/14?

Lastly whats the best telephone number for getting a deal or is it just the general 0818 20 30 40 number from the website? Has anyone found a 01 number or a way to get through from the 01 press number +353 (1) 474 8000 listed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

Setanta were offering a deal for anyone who added them on snapchat.

If you use the code 'goal' when signing up, you get half price for 3 months.

cargo wrote: »
    Hi folks, does anyone know if it's per calendar month or 30 days from sign-up? i.e. If I signed up today and got this BA would it cost 9.99 for the next 3 days to 1st Feb or would the first 9.99 pay through until 28/2/14?

I asked this from a rep earlier, according to them it's a 30 day rolling contract from sign up.

• Registered Users Posts: 971 ✭✭✭mjp

Anyone know if any offers available for setanta customers through UPC? Phoned them there but priced @€;16 month with no offers.

Remember signing up this time last year for Gaa national league season with great offers available through an post.

Annoying to see such great offers but only available for Sky customers !!!!

• Site Banned Posts: 880 ✭✭✭whiteshorts

UPC didn't get any offers from Setanta according to UPC rep.
    She said the offers were only for offered to SKY Customers.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 880 ✭✭✭whiteshorts

Mar 1st Stoke v Arsenal15.00 Setanta 1
    Mar 8th West Brom v Man United 12.45 BT Sport 1
    Mar 8th Man City v Aston Villa 15.00 Setanta 1
    Mar 15th Hull City v Man City 12.45 BT Sport 1
    Mar 15th Everton v Cardiff 15.00 Setanta 1
    Mar22nd Chelsea v Arsenal 12.45 BT Sport 1
    Mar 22nd Cardiff v Liverpool 15.00 Setanta 1
    Mar 29th Man United v Aston Villa 12.45 BT Sport 1
    Mar 29th Crystal Palace v Chelsea 15.00 Setanta 1

Fixtures for March

• Registered Users Posts: 27,919 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Just signed up for 9.99 a month for the next 3 months. So I'm set till the 29 of April. The lady on the phone said to ring on or before the 29 of march if I want to cancel or to see if there are any other offers available

• Registered Users Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭makeorbrake

Just signed up and said mate just subbed with them for €9.99/month for first 3 - would they match it - she agreed to this but said I still had to pay the connection charge.

I just went along with this - is that what the rest of you have or did you manage to get setup without this charge?

Just signed up and said mate just subbed with them for €9.99/month for first 3 - would they match it - she agreed to this but said I still had to pay the connection charge.

I just went along with this - is that what the rest of you have or did you manage to get setup without this charge?
    They seen you coming ;)

I havent read of anyone paying this so maybe call back and say you want them to drop it again or you will cancel.

muffler wrote: »
    They seen you coming ;)

I havent read of anyone paying this so maybe call back and say you want them to drop it again or you will cancel.

I got an email from setanta this morning. In the terms and conditions it says anyone looking to pay by direct debit will pay a connection fee.

I got an email from setanta this morning. In the terms and conditions it says anyone looking to pay by direct debit will pay a connection fee.
    Connection fee for what? Ring in and ask what this connection fee is and they will struggle to explain it.

Yes I know its there in the T & Cs but its a sales gimmick and a bit of leverage on their end. When I was cancelling in the past I used to be told that if I didnt continue the sub for another 3 months unbroken then Id be liable to pay this so called connection fee should I call again at a later date to rejoin.

Guess what? They would call me then and give me another half price offer and this "connection fee" is never mentioned.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,119 ✭✭✭batistuta9

that's not an engaged tone, that's just what it sounds like.
    wait to you get through next time, if you can't get through it'll cut you off automatically.

&/or try any combination to get speaking to someone

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭VeeEmmy

Sorry for deleting original message. Didn't realise there was a reply.
    I got through to the queue at least, via the proper number. I was using the number in the T&C.
    Long queue...
    Got through...
    No hassle...
    I'm curious. Why do the T&C's say we have to cancel in writing when we can cancel via phone? I sent formal written notice, but thought I'd better follow up by phone in case the written notice didn't get there in time. Yes, I'm OCD.... :-)

she said the best she could do for those two months was 12.99e.
    Is that per month or the total for 2 months?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭badker

anyone else ring yet? what is the last date to ring

Advertisement