Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Try Setanta Sports Pack for the month of December for €1!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭clerk

tinodz wrote: »
    Got €12.99 for 2 months myself.

Fine with that. €56.95 total since December 2013. Not too bad.

The only thing is I gather that they have very little Premiership matches in Apr/May - l was on the deal but going to cancel end March myself.

There is a tonne of American sport on the various channels but they do nothing for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

I got on to the 12.99 for two months when I rang earlier in the week. Happy enough with that. I won't be interested after the end of May as the rugby season will be just about done then. The only thing that would tempt me at that point would be a good deal for 12 months, and I would be happy to pay up front if the deal was decent.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,519 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Just cancelled there now, good time to call. Straight through no holding :) very smooth process in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭thehookster

Rang yesterday to cancel the 9.99 deal...got through straight away. The lady asked had i enjoyed the coverage i said yes and she said we can do you another deal for 12.99 for two months, i said no its grand ill cancel.....she put me on hold and then came back and offered me the 9.99 deal for three months so i took it. My friend rang a few mins earlier and was offered 12.99 deal and took it...he wasnt happy when he heard i got better deal....rang back and they gave him 9.99 deal

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭GY A1

he was lucky

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭stooge

just cancelled. Got offered 9.99 for 3months but can't justify the extra spend as I hardly watch it. got straight through

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭xabi

So the 9.99 offer is 3 months equaling 29.97 and the 12.99 offer is for 2 months equaling 25.98. Allowing for the fact that most people got it for the football and the football finishes in May, the 12.99 deal is the better deal. Or did people get the 9.99 for 2 months?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,519 ✭✭✭Speak Now

xabi wrote: »
    So the 9.99 offer is 3 months equaling 29.97 and the 12.99 offer is for 2 months equaling 25.98. Allowing for the fact that most people got it for the football and the football finishes in May, the 12.99 deal is the better deal. Or did people get the 9.99 for 2 months?

I assume you can cancel anytime giving a months notice. We're not talking 2/3 month contracts here are we?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭xabi

I assume you can cancel anytime giving a months notice. We're not talking 2/3 month contracts here are we?

i think you are

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭mac1961

I got the 9.99 deal and asked if I could have it for 2 months and was told its not a contract so can cancel giving 30days notice at anytime.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭kooga

xabi wrote: »

fair point would prefer 12.99 a month for april may as rugby and footie season will be finished as opoposed to three months at 9.99 a month

the only thing worth watching in june will be the world cup and sure thats free to air on rte bbc and itv!!

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭badker

extended deal for 9.99 no problem on number given on last page, took 3 mins

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

Just rang up and she flat out refused to give me the 9.99 for 3 months, she was adamant that nobody should have gotten it if they have already had the 9.99 deal since January.

I took the €12.99 a month for April and May, there won't be much on their channels for me during the summer anyway.

Just rang up and she flat out refused to give me the 9.99 for 3 months, she was adamant that nobody should have gotten it if they have already had the 9.99 deal since January.

I took the €12.99 a month for April and May, there won't be much on their channels for me during the summer anyway.

exactly unless you watch the F1

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭bizz213

she was exact same with me, so i said cancel i, cause i really wasnt bothered, and she said hang on, came back said her manager said you can have 3 months @ €9.99 but no deal after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

bizz213 wrote: »
    she was exact same with me, so i said cancel i, cause i really wasnt bothered, and she said hang on, came back said her manager said you can have 3 months @ €9.99 but no deal after that.

After the 3 month deal you'll be into the period when many cancel due to the soccer season being done,I usually get it for €5 or €8 a month then.They'd rather get something from you rather than take the chance that you won't re-subscribe in the Autumn.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭tvercetti

Rang them to cancel and the lady was very concerned that if I cancelled now, it would get cut off on March 29th and I would miss the Arsenal v Man City game. The system told her I support Arsenal. I told her, that I support Man Utd and she said the system won't let her change it now, so guess I'm officially a Arsenal fan. Maybe she was doing me a favour.

She offered me €12.99 for 2 months and I refused and she went and had a word with her manager and offered me €9.99 for 2 months and I accepted. Bit odd that I got 2 instead of 3 months though. Should cover me till end of the season so pretty happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Super Drogs

tvercetti wrote: »
    Rang them to cancel and the lady was very concerned that if I cancelled now, it would get cut off on March 29th and I would miss the Arsenal v Man City game. The system told her I support Arsenal. I told her, that I support Man Utd and she said the system won't let her change it now, so guess I'm officially a Arsenal fan. Maybe she was doing me a favour.

She offered me €12.99 for 2 months and I refused and she went and had a word with her manager and offered me €9.99 for 2 months and I accepted. Bit odd that I got 2 instead of 3 months though. Should cover me till end of the season so pretty happy.

I'm just about to ring them to cancel. Out of interest, why would they be cancelling it on March 29th and not March 31st?? Surely we should have it till the end of the month!

I'm just about to ring them to cancel. Out of interest, why would they be cancelling it on March 29th and not March 31st?? Surely we should have it till the end of the month!

it dependes on when you initially signed up

• Registered Users Posts: 8,102 ✭✭✭batistuta9

kooga wrote: »

i don't think that's it.

that would be 30 days from today, though if they were/are using that process it should be on until the end of the 29th & get cut off midnight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Super Drogs

Well I just rang and cancelled, and made sure to confirm I still had it until the 31st March, and she said yes you'll have it until the end of March.
    I was just offered the 12.99 for two months by the way, for anyone wondering what they are offering!

Not sure, they require 30 days notice for cancellation and the 29th of March is 30 days from now but that doesn't really explain why they don't cancel them at the end of the month.
    Don't think so!
    3/12/13 - Signed up to the deal
    31/12/13 - Added the 3 months

• Registered Users Posts: 45,862 ✭✭✭✭muffler

muffler wrote: »
    I was on the €9.99/month for 3 month offer and I rang in earlier this morning to cancel only to be told that my billing date is the 13th of the month and the 31 days cancellation period kicks in after that. Prior to that I was told that they would give me a deal but not as good as the current one...obviously about to refer to the €12.99/month but thats when I questioned this billing date.

Where I stand now is that on the 13th March they will take a payment of €19.99 and 31 days after that I will be cut off. Its all in the T & C's I was told.

Sadly I have been down this road before with Setanta where they tried to take money under false pretenses. Thats factual as they had to reimburse me and apologise. They even give me 3 months free sub at the time and that was only a year ago. Things dont change with them it seems.

Anyhow when I was talking to them in late December and agreed to the €9.99/month offer I was told to ring back before the end of February in order to avoid being charged the full amount. Now that I have done this Im told I still have to pay €19.99 so either the person I spoke to in December told me a lie or the person I spoke to this morning told me a lie.

It aint over yet!
    So having listened to the call back in December they agreed that I was indeed told to call again before the end of February. Had I not queried this I would have been hit for €19.99 for 1 month.

Anyhow I'll be cut off around 11th March with no further payments taken and I have cancelled completely as I have had enough of the shenanigans.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭stuba

Can someone direct me to a post with the number to ring and what numbers to dial when answered by the automated answering machine? Can't see it in the thread for the life of me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

stuba wrote: »
    Can someone direct me to a post with the number to ring and what numbers to dial when answered by the automated answering machine? Can't see it in the thread for the life of me.

0818 203040 is the number to call.

Just did so myself there, same as above, got offered €12.99, refused. Then offered €9.99 refused that also. Can live with just sky sports for the foreseeable.

stuba wrote: »

0818 20 30 40

Thats the number I called but can't remember the numbers for the automated system.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭stuba

Thanks lads.

Edit: Numbers for the automated system are 1 then 2. Got offered 2 months at 12.99 a month, said it wasn't too much could she do any better got onto her supervisor and offered 9.99 for 3 months. So it's cost be 61 Euro for 7 months, not bad considering Sky Sports is more than that for 2 months alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭DB74

Just to make people aware that the only Premier League matches on BT Sport for April are

Sat 05-Apr: Man City vs Southampton
    Sat 19-Apr: Spurs vs Fulham
    Sat 26-Apr: Southampton vs Everton

and that's it

http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/news/news/2013-14/feb/premier-league-live-uk-tv-fixtures-released-april-2014.html

I know that they will have plenty of other sport on as well but in case people are buying the extra few months for the Premier League run-in it's probably not worth it

By contrast Sky Sports have (for April alone)

Chelsea v Stoke City
    Everton v Arsenal
    West Ham United v Liverpool
    Tottenham Hotspur v Sunderland
    Arsenal v West Ham United
    Liverpool v Manchester City
    Swansea City v Chelsea
    Tottenham Hotspur v Fulham
    Hull City v Arsenal
    Norwich City v Liverpool
    Chelsea v Sunderland
    Everton v Manchester United
    Manchester City v West Bromwich Albion
    Southampton v Everton
    Manchester United v Norwich City
    Sunderland v Cardiff City
    Liverpool v Chelsea
    Crystal Palace v Manchester City
    Arsenal v Newcastle United

• Registered Users Posts: 48,141 ✭✭✭✭km79

I cancelled completely from April. It was ok value for last few months to be fair
    Thanks again OP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

DB74 wrote: »
    Just to make people aware that the only Premier League matches on BT Sport for April are

Sat 05-Apr: Man City vs Southampton
    Sat 19-Apr: Spurs vs Fulham
    Sat 26-Apr: Southampton vs Everton

and that's it

http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/news/news/2013-14/feb/premier-league-live-uk-tv-fixtures-released-april-2014.html

I know that they will have plenty of other sport on as well but in case people are buying the extra few months for the Premier League run-in it's probably not worth it

By contrast Sky Sports have (for April alone)

Chelsea v Stoke City
    Everton v Arsenal
    West Ham United v Liverpool
    Tottenham Hotspur v Sunderland
    Arsenal v West Ham United
    Liverpool v Manchester City
    Swansea City v Chelsea
    Tottenham Hotspur v Fulham
    Hull City v Arsenal
    Norwich City v Liverpool
    Chelsea v Sunderland
    Everton v Manchester United
    Manchester City v West Bromwich Albion
    Southampton v Everton
    Manchester United v Norwich City
    Sunderland v Cardiff City
    Liverpool v Chelsea
    Crystal Palace v Manchester City
    Arsenal v Newcastle United
    Presumably the BT list doesn't include the 3pm Sat Setanta games ?

Advertisement