Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Try Setanta Sports Pack for the month of December for €1!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭NATLOR

km79 wrote: »
    [qhuote="NATLOR;88247381"]Did you ring just to order or were you doing a late cancellation?
    I had requested yday when cancelling the 1eurooffer that I be put on the new offer but got cut off. Ya man today said the channels would come through straight away ......[/QUOTE]

Cheers,I cancelled by e mail but might ring today and see if i can get the 9.99 deal,good value IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

Had to ring again after 2 hours wait. Switched straight on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭splashthecash

I'm trying to call through now to cancel the €1 offer - is it too late?

What is the email address ppl used to cancel via mail And what info do you need to put in it?

Is it a simple "I wish to cancel my Sports package as of now" in the body?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭splashthecash

A great promo and a big sucess for Setanta.

I saw this offer on boards, had major doubts about it but Setanta Rep was on was this thread answering questions...So i signed up online, stations were active within 2 mins.

Went to cancel by phone , message said lines were busy and could send email to cancel.

I said in mail i would be happy to go with offer of 9.99 for 3 months (very good price even if you only watch 2 games a month) and got swift response to say i had been setup.

Big thanks to OP to the heads up on this one.

Some people said they would have went with 9.99 if offered...Your the customer, Why wait for them to offer it to you..Just ask.

What was the email address you sent the cancel notice to?

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Stevieg2009

I'm trying to call through now to cancel the €1 offer - is it too late?

What is the email address ppl used to cancel via mail And what info do you need to put in it?

Is it a simple "I wish to cancel my Sports package as of now" in the body?

I think it may be too late to cancel mate all emails needed to b in by midnight last night I say you may call them and pleed your case

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

What was the email address you sent the cancel notice to?

Go back a few pages!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

kryogen wrote: »
    I cancelled via e mail yesterday, got a confirmation email, just detailing that if it was in before midnight it would be cancelled, I still have it today though, is that something I should be worried about?

They cant take money now technically can they since I have proof that I emailed in my cancellation and that it was received and acknowledged

Ill be happy to have it for the day since the United game is on it later!

Same here. Still have the stations. I did ask in the email about the 9.99 offer but got no response.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭ENMcD

I emailed my cancellation twice on the 30th (subject line was "cancellation") got no reply and then yesterday morning I emailed it again but in subject line I wrote "cancellation request" and received an email within 20mins!
    Received another email this morning confirming everything! I ended up emailing as I was cut off at least ten times and cost me tenner credit :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭An Riabhach

Is it possible to sign up for the €9.99 deal online?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Seasan wrote: »
    Is it possible to sign up for the €9.99 deal online?

I doubt it very much. They are currently showing €19.99 per month.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,091 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Bollox! Forgot to cancel this...

that'll end up costing you 39.98 now, their minimum signup term is 2 months

I doubt it very much. They are currently showing €19.99 per month.

Doesn't make much sense.If they are offering that deal you'd think that the same deal would be online also.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

Seasan wrote: »
    Doesn't make much sense.If they are offering that deal you'd think that the same deal would be online also.

They're offering it to existing customers who availed of the €1 for the month offer who rang/emailed to cancel before yesterday. It's not like they are advertising that the setanta package costs €9.99 a month. It's a ploy to keep you with them. A great deal for me, for the NBA alone, of which they show plenty of. The footie is great too.

buyer95 wrote: »
    They're offering it to existing customers who availed of the €1 for the month offer who rang/emailed to cancel before yesterday. It's not like they are advertising that the setanta package costs €9.99 a month. It's a ploy to keep you with them. A great deal for me, for the NBA alone, of which they show plenty of. The footie is great too.
    I cancelled by email on December 30th.
    Would it be too late for me to get the €9.99 deal?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Gift of the Gabbert

So I've finally received an e-mail from them that the channels have benn cancelled,yet I turn the tv on and they're still working.

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭zac8

Emailed on Tuesday to cancel, but said I'd take them for 9.99 a month for 3 months if that offer was available. Just got an email to say they're cancelled :( Ah well, it was a great offer and I got to see the games yesterday.

Might give them a call later to see if I can get the 9.99 offer. I already have sky sports at half price, 19.99 a month on top for BT is too much.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

zac8 wrote: »
    Emailed on Tuesday to cancel, but said I'd take them for 9.99 a month for 3 months if that offer was available. Just got an email to say they're cancelled :(

If you're took blatant in looking for cancellation deals, they will often call your bluff.

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Saucy McKetchup

Emailed on Tuesday to cancel, but said I'd take them for 9.99 a month for 3 months if that offer was available. Just got an email to say they're cancelled :( Ah well, it was a great offer and I got to see the games yesterday.

Might give them a call later to see if I can get the 9.99 offer. I already have sky sports at half price, 19.99 a month on top for BT is too much.

If you already pay half for your sky sports subscription why not just pay for setanta, I pay full whack for my sky sports and setanta subscriptions and it's worth every penny
    Some think they have an entitlement to discounts on everything

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

If you already pay half for your sky sports subscription why not just pay for setanta, I pay full whack for my sky sports and setanta subscriptions and it's worth every penny

:rolleyes:

See http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=346

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Saucy McKetchup

buyer95 wrote: »

There's a difference between getting a bargain and thinking you're always entitled to one :rolleyes:

There's a difference between getting a bargain and thinking you're always entitled to one :rolleyes:

If a company is providing a service for ten euro then why should anyone be happy paying 20 for it,including yourself ? Its very poor business practice to offer cut price deals only to people who threaten to cancel as is the case here (and with sky) and if i was a full paying customer i would certainly feel i was entitled to any offer that was going

• Registered Users Posts: 12,406 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

MYOB wrote: »
    If you're took blatant in looking for cancellation deals, they will often call your bluff.

You'd think they'd take the 29.97 and run? Surely its better to get that much from a customer than nothing at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭zac8

Its not a sense of entitlement. I just don't want to be the schmuck who is paying full whack.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,073 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Its not a sense of entitlement. I just don't want to be the schmuck who is paying full whack.

My sentiments entirely. I was actually thinking of getting Setanta/BT for the remainder of the rugby season, but once I heard that there was a deal to be had, I stopped just 'thinking about it' and got it. I think there are books written on the psychology of all of this!

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭craigmcc

Cancelled on 31st Dec via email and rang just now to see if they would give me the retention offer of €9.99 for 3 months. They did! €31 for 4 months is good value to me (Normally €80).

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭smokey20

Don't know whether this point has been asked already...

Anywho, I cancelled my visa/debit card on 30th December as it was broken and I needed to order an other (I also could not get thru to Setanta to cancel, so it was handy to stop them taking the 19.99).... However I still have the Setanta sport pack at the moment..

Does anyone know why this would be?

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭kazzer

smokey20 wrote: »

Anywho, I cancelled my visa/debit card on 30th December as it was broken and I needed to order an other (I also could not get thru to Setanta to cancel, so it was handy to stop them taking the 19.99).... However I still have the Setanta sport pack at the moment..

Because you did not actually cancel your subscription with Setanta?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

smokey20 wrote: »

They will just post you the bill if they can't debit the card.

You are still receiving there service because you never canceled. So you are still liable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭smokey20

I must give them a bell tomorrow to cancel so... The phone line is closed now.

They will not be getting money for January.

Advertisement