Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Try Setanta Sports Pack for the month of December for €1!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,823 ✭✭✭✭muffler

badker wrote: »
    is setanta/bt sport available on sky go? or how can I watch it.
    watch it on your tv via sky box

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭SC Kevin

Got billed E19.99 the other day (completely forgot to ring before the 31st of Dec.

Told them i was on the E1.00 deal for December and that i got billed the full amount for this month which i was fine with as it was my own fault for not ringing sooner but then asked could i get the E9.99 deal for the next 3 months that they were doing and got it no problem! Delighted! :D

The girl even said to ring back at the end of March/start of April to see if they have another offer or maybe they could extend the E9.99 one!

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭badker

muffler wrote: »
    watch it on your tv via sky box

Usually do but away for weekend.They should role out service seen as they have the technology

• Registered Users Posts: 7,753 ✭✭✭corny

callaway92 wrote: »
    carlton-dance.gif

Can i ask how long did it take them to get back to you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭BNMC

I'm on the €9.99 for 3 months deal. Bit strange really, I emailed them to cancel the €1 Dec offer, got the cancellation email almost straight away, I then sent a cheeky reply (any chance of the 9.99 deal for 3 months?) as I didn't fancy spending an hour on the phone. Turned on straight away. Happy enough with it.

Am I right in saying this is for Jan, Feb and March? So I'll have to cancel before April 1st to avoid repeat billing?

• Advertisement

BNMC wrote: »
    I'm on the €9.99 for 3 months deal. Bit strange really, I emailed them to cancel the €1 Dec offer, got the cancellation email almost straight away, I then sent a cheeky reply (any chance of the 9.99 deal for 3 months?) as I didn't fancy spending an hour on the phone. Turned on straight away. Happy enough with it.

Am I right in saying this is for Jan, Feb and March? So I'll have to cancel before April 1st to avoid repeat billing?
    I think you will have to ring before the end of February to cancel.

Everyone else, myself included, who went to cancel before the end of December and then got the €9.99 offer were told to ring before the end of Feb. otherwise they would move on to €19.99 a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,341 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

corny wrote: »
    Can i ask how long did it take them to get back to you?

Emailed them on 31st December. They only got back yesterday (7th Jan.) due to being so busy.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

^^^ Got the same email earlier today. I emailed the cancellations address last week after I had phoned to cancel on 30th Dec but wasn't offered the deal and I knew nothing about it until I logged in here afterwards. Even though I've the savings already spent in the pub over the weekend watching the FA Cup matches, I'm still happy to have it.:D

Whats the email?

Gonna see if I can avail of the 9.99 deal, I thought I could live without the channels, but I can't.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,341 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Whats the email?

Gonna see if I can avail of the 9.99 deal, I thought I could live without the channels, but I can't.

correspondance at setanta dot com

• Registered Users Posts: 17,073 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Today must have been their day for attending to emails! I had not received any emails at all from them, so a few days ago I sent them one, via the form on their web site, asking if they had my email address correct.....they wrote back today, confirming my 9.99 for three months deal. Great to hear someone was told there might be another deal from April. I'd say it would need to be a longer deal, to try to keep us all on board over the summer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭mac1961

BNMC wrote: »

you have to give 30 days notice to cancel

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭gafarrell

I got the original €1 deal and cancelled by email at the end of December. I got a phone call last night offering me the €9.99 for 3 months offer. I was told if I wanted to cancel after the 3 months to ring up the day the offer is ending and they would cancel right away without giving the 30 days notice. Perhaps I'f somebody from Setanta on here could clarify that?

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭celticbhoy27

gafarrell wrote: »
    I got the original €1 deal and cancelled by email at the end of December. I got a phone call last night offering me the €9.99 for 3 months offer. I was told if I wanted to cancel after the 3 months to ring up the day the offer is ending and they would cancel right away without giving the 30 days notice. Perhaps I'f somebody from Setanta on here could clarify that?

Seems pretty clear

gafarrell wrote: »
    I got the same offer, but girl on phone told me to ring about 16 February if I wanted to cancel, so as to give the 30 days notice. This obviously needs to be clarified, especially if you dont want to continue with the offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,091 ✭✭✭batistuta9

16th of Feb. would be very early would it not?

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭RegisteredMice

I got the same offer last night and was told if I wanted to cancel the 13th of March was the latest i should do it.

batistuta9 wrote: »
    16th of Feb. would be very early would it not?

I thought that aswell but it was her brought up the subject, I had assumed it was going to be the same deal as the previous December one, that you didnt have to give the 30 days notice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

sorted 9 quid a month cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Son0vagun

I got the €9.99 deal when I canceled the €1 deal. However since then I've had to cancel my debit card, it's the card my Setanta Sub is on. Therefore next months sub with fail to be paid. Can someone from Setanta advise me what to do?

Son0vagun wrote: »
    I got the €9.99 deal when I canceled the €1 deal. However since then I've had to cancel my debit card, it's the card my Setanta Sub is on. Therefore next months sub with fail to be paid. Can someone from Setanta advise me what to do?
    As you know this is a BA thread and while Setanta have a verified rep account with Boards.ie this isnt "their" thread so there may not necessarily be any input from the official rep here. Best thing for you to do is ring Setanta directly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,815 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

muffler wrote: »
    As you know this is a BA thread and while Setanta have a verified rep account with Boards.ie this isnt "their" thread so there may not necessarily be any input from the official rep here. Best thing for you to do is ring Setanta directly.

I was getting calls off a 00002700700 number for the last week. Thought this was a scam so haven't answered until tonight finally had enough and was going to give them hell.
    Got a present surprise when it turned out to be setanta offering the 9.99 deal. Was in work at the time so asked for a call back on Monday. I think I will sign up now as I regretted cancelling in the first place :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭MrFrisp

I got the offer also.

I emailed to cancel the €1.00 offer on the 8th of this month, and they got back to me on the 11th to say that it was cancelled immediately.

A few days later they rang me to confirm, and I said if an offer ever came up again to let me know. Straight away on the phone they offered me the €9.99 a month for 3 months, and said they will review it when the 3 months is up.

Happy Camper. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

MrFrisp wrote: »
    I got the offer also.

I emailed to cancel the €1.00 offer on the 8th of this month, and they got back to me on the 11th to say that it was cancelled .

Cancellations for €1 deal had to be requested by Dec 31st. Did you get charged €19:99 for January?

Nunu wrote: »
    Cancellations for €1 deal had to be requested by Dec 31st. Did you get charged €19:99 for January?

They did contact me about it as there was no funds in the bank account for it at the time, but when they learned I had cancelled it, they said it was fine and disconnected it straight away.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

Fair play to them.
    Payment for January came out the first few days of the month.
    That's why I ask.

Nunu wrote: »
    Fair play to them.
    Payment for January came out the first few days of the month.
    That's why I ask.

Ahh, no bother.

It may have come out of mine as well only for there was nothing there to come out. :confused:

But yeah, they left it off and are happy enough that I've taken up the new offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,073 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

I got this three month 9.99 deal by phone on 30 December, and was told if I wanted to cancel it, I should do so before end February. Looks like some people have been told to cancel by some date sooner than that. I hope they post here to tell us what happens when they make that call......I'm wondering what the next deal might be!!!

Hi guys,

Just to let you all know that Setanta rang me earlier to confirm that I was taking the offer of €9.99 a month for 3 months, which I did.

As I was on the phone she told me that this offer is actually up tonight, and won't be repeated for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭Reg'stoy

Yeah ditto with Mrfrisp above me. I was rang and asked would I be interested in the deal having taken the €1 offer in Dec. I too was told that yesterday was the last date to take up the offer, strong arm tactics maybe, but I wanted to take the deal.

I was told to make a reminder to cancel (even thought it's a no contract deal) before the 20th of March (30 days notice), I was told that even though there is no contract it would roll over into another month after the three and I would be charged at the full price. She did say that they would be contacting me again with a new offer in the future, I asked would it start from where this one finished but she said she didn't know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Whats the email?

I'm literally the exact same. Having football in glorious HD finally in my apartment on my lovely new telly was amazing.

Going back to streams have been painful :(

Advertisement