Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Try Setanta Sports Pack for the month of December for €1!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,120 ✭✭✭batistuta9

greendom wrote: »
    Presumably the BT list doesn't include the 3pm Sat Setanta games ?

nope but you'd nearly guess them.

my attempt:
    sat 5th newcastle-man utd
    sat 12th sunderland-everton, or if everton in semis of FA cup west brom-tottenham
    sat 19th villa-southampton or newcastle-swansea
    sat 26th stoke-tottenham

working from this http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/matchday/matches.html?paramClubId=ALL&paramComp_100=true&view=.dateSeason

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭kooga

but bt sport do have the rugby premiership and top 14

• Registered Users Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

kooga wrote: »
    but bt sport do have the rugby premiership and top 14

and plenty of German, Italian and French football

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭Maestro84

Rang up and was offered 16.99 or something. I asked about the 9.99 and was told that no was being offered that and she could only offer me the 12.99. I wasn't bothered arguing over it as there is not much on in June anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

Anyone having an issue watching BT sports this evening? Doesn't seem to be working, in HD or SD

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,458 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Anyone having an issue watching BT sports this evening? Doesn't seem to be working, in HD or SD

Blocked because of rights issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭An Riabhach

If tis the Europa League,BT Sports with Sky customers can't show the Europa League in Éire.

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭BRYAN Is Ainm Dom

stuba wrote: »
    Thanks lads.

Edit: Numbers for the automated system are 1 then 2. Got offered 2 months at 12.99 a month, said it wasn't too much could she do any better got onto her supervisor and offered 9.99 for 3 months. So it's cost be 61 Euro for 7 months, not bad considering Sky Sports is more than that for 2 months alone.

Yeah same thing happened to me, got on to her SO CALLED SUPERVISIOR!!! Think it took no more than 4 seconds.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,921 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Seasan wrote: »
    If tis the Europa League,BT Sports with Sky customers can't show the Europa League in Éire.
    Go to ITV or ITV HD in "other channels" on your Sky box. If you dont have it you should tune it in.

Im watching the Spurs game as I type :)

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭DB74

Presumably the BT list doesn't include the 3pm Sat Setanta games ?

Very true - never thought of them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

and plenty of German, Italian and French football

& GAA. Especially if you're a Dublin fan,

Setanta sit not updated yet on the football:

Sky listings here

Sat 5th April

• Chelsea
    • 17:30
    • Stoke City
    Premier League, Sky Sports 1 HD (17:00)

Sun 6th April

• Everton
    • 13:30
    • Arsenal
    Premier League, Sky Sports 1 HD (12:30)

• West Ham United
    • 16:00
    • Liverpool
    Premier League, Sky Sports 1 HD (15:30)

Mon 7th April

• Tottenham Hotspur
    • 20:00
    • Sunderland
    Premier League, Sky Sports (20:00)

Sun 13th April

• Arsenal
    • 12:00
    • West Ham United
    Premier League, Sky Sports 1 HD (11:30)

• Liverpool
    • 14:05
    • Manchester City
    Premier League, Sky Sports 1 HD (14:00)

• Swansea City
    • 16:10
    • Chelsea
    Premier League, Sky Sports 1 HD (16:00)

Sat 19th April

• Hull City
    • Arsenal

Sun 20th April

• Norwich City
    • Liverpool

• Chelsea
    • Sunderland

• Everton
    • Manchester United

Mon 21st April

• Manchester City
    • West Bromwich Albion
    Premier League, Sky Sports 1 HD (19:30)

Sat 26th April

• Manchester United
    • Norwich City

Sun 27th April

• Sunderland
    • Cardiff City

• Liverpool
    • Chelsea

• Crystal Palace
    • Manchester City

Mon 28th April

• Arsenal
    • Newcastle United
    Premier League, Sky Sports 1 HD (19:00)

Plenty there to whet the appetite :)

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭shamcfc

Got through straight away, And was offered 9.99 euro a month to stay for another 3months, so kept it, happy days :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 raspute

batistuta9 wrote: »
    i don't think that's it.

that would be 30 days from today, though if they were/are using that process it should be on until the end of the 29th & get cut off midnight

I was told 29th too, can't understand why. The cynic in me says that it will be cut off before that game on the 29th and not afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

Been on hold for ages...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,120 ✭✭✭batistuta9

tvercetti wrote: »
    Rang them to cancel and the lady was very concerned that if I cancelled now, it would get cut off on March 29th and I would miss the Arsenal v Man City game. The system told her I support Arsenal. I told her, that I support Man Utd and she said the system won't let her change it now, so guess I'm officially a Arsenal fan. Maybe she was doing me a favour.

She offered me €12.99 for 2 months and I refused and she went and had a word with her manager and offered me €9.99 for 2 months and I accepted. Bit odd that I got 2 instead of 3 months though. Should cover me till end of the season so pretty happy.

the best thing about this is it's on sky sports 1 :pac:

& coincidently they're showing man utd that day

• Registered Users Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭Luap

Got offered to keep on again for 9.99. Didn't bother tis a pain ringing them up each time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭BNMC

Just cancelled there. Was on hold for about 8 minutes. Was offered €16.99 for another 3 months but I don't want it anymore. Back playing GAA now so won't be around to watch it. Also a massive pain setting reminders and ringing up every time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,128 ✭✭✭mosstin

Just rang up to cancel the subscription there. Wasn't offered anything new and wasn't really looking for it so not bothered. I've had great value from the 4 month offer I signed up to. Only waiting for 5 minutes too. Very impressed with how Setanta deal with things and would have no problem signing up for a similar offer next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭basillarkin

Got till the end of June for 9.99 a month, rang at lunchtime today, happy enough with that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

They should try and offer pay per match view. Would get a lot of impulse purchases surely?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

buyer95 wrote: »
    Been on hold for ages...

Eventually got through after a 15 wait. Said I wished to cancel and was offered 2 months 16.99 for 2 months and I told your man(John I think) not a hope. I was then offered 12.99 for 3 months. I told him it was still too much but said that I would take 12.99 if he added the package onto my other sky box. After a bit of back and forth I eventually got him to agree to this. Funnily enough he also asked me who I support, I presume it was a data gathering exercise. Anyway I'm happy with the deal I got.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,458 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

buyer95 wrote: »
    . Funnily enough he also asked me who I support, I presume it was a data gathering exercise. Anyway I'm happy with the deal I got.

That will be but on you're account so next season when you ring to cancel they can tell you how many games you will miss with you're team playing and use that as a selling point to get you to stay on.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭kellsred

raspute wrote: »
    I emailed to cancel as I can't ring at the moment and they offered €12.99 a month for April and May. They said if I wanted this to email back, otherwise if they didn't hear from me they would cancel as I asked. I think I will just let it cancel at this stage, because I don't want to pay €12.99 while I know some people kept the €9.99 deal successfully. I don't really think that's fair. If it were €12.99 for everyone then I would pay it.

What is the email address? Can't find it in the thread, search is finicky on iPad

• Registered Users Posts: 45,921 ✭✭✭✭muffler

kellsred wrote: »
    What is the email address? Can't find it in the thread, search is finicky on iPad
    Try customerservicesire@setanta.com

• Registered Users Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭martinr5232

What details do you need to give in the email ??

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭walshki

I got through to cancel today initially I got treated to a 5 minute pitch of why it was wort 20 a month. Then she offered the 12.99 deal to which I said I'd only keep it for the 9.99 deal. She put me om hold to 'consult' and was back on with the 9.99 offer for 3 months within 30 seconda so I took it. Hapoy days.

What details do you need to give in the email ??

I quoted my name and viewing card number, and also had a reference number that they gave me when I last called them. Just say you wish to give your notice to cancel and want an acknowledgment email

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭thegift06

UPC are mugs, got quoted €16 p/m for setanta pack and that the best the chap can do. What a joke.

Advertisement