Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Try Setanta Sports Pack for the month of December for €1!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Beagslife

Hi,

I also called recently to check on when I'd need to call, to cancel my €9.99 three month extension. I was told before the end of February.

I then asked about the best deal, to extend it by two months. He offered me the same three month deal, starting it in March. In effect, I will get the extra two months at €9.99 per month. I will need to call before the end of April, to cut off the service at the end of May.

I hope this helps someone.

MC

• Registered Users Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭makeorbrake

muffler wrote: »
    They seen you coming ;)

I havent read of anyone paying this so maybe call back and say you want them to drop it again or you will cancel.
    A bit of humming and haaing, but eventually, they agreed to drop it - thanks for that :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭mac1961

Beagslife wrote: »
    Hi,

I also called recently to check on when I'd need to call, to cancel my €9.99 three month extension. I was told before the end of February.

I then asked about the best deal, to extend it by two months. He offered me the same three month deal, starting it in March. In effect, I will get the extra two months at €9.99 per month. I will need to call before the end of April, to cut off the service at the end of May.

I hope this helps someone.

MC

Rang today to cancel and was offered the same deal €9.99 for 3 months bring me up to end of June, I asked if I could have just the 2 months bring me up to end of May, she told me it was the same offer 3 months but because its not a contract I can give 30 days notice anytime with no penalties, so we will see.

p.s. got through very quick on 0818203040 about 2 mins couldn't believe it.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 mbrop

I just called to get the 9.99 offer extended until the end of May thanks for the info, got through very quickly also on the number provided

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

I'm on the 9.99 deal, my buddy then tells me he called to see how much if he prepaid for 12 months. Offered 9.99 but haggled and got 12 months for €100 prepaid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Didn't go so well for me. I was just offered a two month deal for 12.99 per month....she was adamant that there were no more offers going!

Well maybe I'm stupid, but I took it. That'll get me to the end of the rugby season and depending on how the European rugby sorts itself out, I may or may not go back to them next season.

It's starting to get busy on the phone line now - my call took 15 minutes.....at least I have plenty of minutes available on my bundle, so the call won't cost.

Good luck everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 60,369 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Same with me no give on the €12.99 which to be honest was fair enough still better than €19.99 so I took it and will cancel over the summer which I told her and she said that's pretty much what most people are doing. Once the Football Rugby seasons are over and there is only a couple UFC fights left in the coming months as well.

I tried to see if there would be new deals at the start of next season she wouldn't or couldn't that far ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭bizz213

i was offered 12.99 for 2 months, hymed and hawed and said na cancel it, heard they were still giving out 9.99 for 3 month deals and she went off and came back and said she could do it this once... sure :-D

bizz213 wrote: »
    i was offered 12.99 for 2 months, hymed and hawed and said na cancel it, heard they were still giving out 9.99 for 3 month deals and she went off and came back and said she could do it this once... sure :-D
    Well done ......you were right to hold your nerve. I even asked about deals for paying up front, but she offered nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

I did the month for €1 and then did the three months for €10 per month. Am I right in saying we need to cancel this week to avoid being charged for April? Think you need to give a months notice.

• Advertisement

Tusky wrote: »
    I did the month for €1 and then did the three months for €10 per month. Am I right in saying we need to cancel this week to avoid being charged for April? Think you need to give a months notice.

Yes, that's it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭GY A1

only 2 months of seaon left then, what deal will they do for that

• Registered Users Posts: 45,862 ✭✭✭✭muffler

I was on the €9.99/month for 3 month offer and I rang in earlier this morning to cancel only to be told that my billing date is the 13th of the month and the 31 days cancellation period kicks in after that. Prior to that I was told that they would give me a deal but not as good as the current one...obviously about to refer to the €12.99/month but thats when I questioned this billing date.

Where I stand now is that on the 13th March they will take a payment of €19.99 and 31 days after that I will be cut off. Its all in the T & C's I was told.

Sadly I have been down this road before with Setanta where they tried to take money under false pretenses. Thats factual as they had to reimburse me and apologise. They even give me 3 months free sub at the time and that was only a year ago. Things dont change with them it seems.

Anyhow when I was talking to them in late December and agreed to the €9.99/month offer I was told to ring back before the end of February in order to avoid being charged the full amount. Now that I have done this Im told I still have to pay €19.99 so either the person I spoke to in December told me a lie or the person I spoke to this morning told me a lie.

It aint over yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭xabi

I was on the December offer and then took the 3 months @ 9.99. I rang today to cancel and they offered 12.99 / month for April and May, they will take 9.99 on 3rd March and then 12.99 at the start of April and start of May - Reminder in my calendar to call them again towards the end of April, happy with the deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

They offered me €9.99 per month until the end of May.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Had the one euro Christmas deal and then the €10 a month till March deal.

Just rang there and asked if there was another €10 for 3 months deal and she said there wasn't really but she could do it for me so that's me sorted till the end of June.

Just ask for it and you will more than likely get it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 raspute

I emailed to cancel as I can't ring at the moment and they offered €12.99 a month for April and May. They said if I wanted this to email back, otherwise if they didn't hear from me they would cancel as I asked. I think I will just let it cancel at this stage, because I don't want to pay €12.99 while I know some people kept the €9.99 deal successfully. I don't really think that's fair. If it were €12.99 for everyone then I would pay it.

• Company Representative Posts: 47 Verified rep Setanta Sports: Niall

muffler wrote: »
    I was on the €9.99/month for 3 month offer and I rang in earlier this morning to cancel only to be told that my billing date is the 13th of the month and the 31 days cancellation period kicks in after that. Prior to that I was told that they would give me a deal but not as good as the current one...obviously about to refer to the €12.99/month but thats when I questioned this billing date.

Where I stand now is that on the 13th March they will take a payment of €19.99 and 31 days after that I will be cut off. Its all in the T & C's I was told.

Sadly I have been down this road before with Setanta where they tried to take money under false pretenses. Thats factual as they had to reimburse me and apologise. They even give me 3 months free sub at the time and that was only a year ago. Things dont change with them it seems.

Anyhow when I was talking to them in late December and agreed to the €9.99/month offer I was told to ring back before the end of February in order to avoid being charged the full amount. Now that I have done this Im told I still have to pay €19.99 so either the person I spoke to in December told me a lie or the person I spoke to this morning told me a lie.

It aint over yet!

Hi Muffler,

I'll drop you a PM on this.

Thanks,

Niall

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭GAMAN

I agree, I just called and asked for the deal other people here have received 9.99 and they just lied to me and said no one has been offered that deal the cheapest its 12.99, so I have cancelled. Very disappointing that Setanta would just lie like that.
    raspute wrote: »
    I emailed to cancel as I can't ring at the moment and they offered €12.99 a month for April and May. They said if I wanted this to email back, otherwise if they didn't hear from me they would cancel as I asked. I think I will just let it cancel at this stage, because I don't want to pay €12.99 while I know some people kept the €9.99 deal successfully. I don't really think that's fair. If it were €12.99 for everyone then I would pay it.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭raviravi

I rang at lunch time, got offered €12.99 per month for two months which was what I had previous to this month, due to go onto the 19.99 pm deal and I asked is that the best you can do and they then offered me €9.99 for three months, entry in diary to ring again in May! Happy footballing!

• Advertisement

GAMAN wrote: »
    I agree, I just called and asked for the deal other people here have received 9.99 and they just lied to me and said no one has been offered that deal the cheapest its 12.99, so I have cancelled. Very disappointing that Setanta would just lie like that.

Its only 6 Euro more!

€12.99 is a reasonable deal, it's just that why should he pay €6 more than someone else? Well it's the principle of the thing for me, anyway. From their point of view, €9.99 a month from me is better than €0.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭GAMAN

That’s not the point if everyone was paying 12.99 i would not have an issue, but when they lie and say i must be mistaken that is a different story.
    xabi wrote: »
    Its only 6 Euro more!

GAMAN wrote: »
    That’s not the point if everyone was paying 12.99 i would not have an issue, but when they lie and say i must be mistaken that is a different story.

Im paying 12.99 and think its a great deal, its sometimes the luck of the draw if you get offered a better deal or not, but if you really wanted it, you have cut off your nose to spite your face for the sake of a few quid.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Etnies

raspute wrote: »

What about the people paying 19.99? Is you getting it for 9.99 fair?

3 euro hardly gonna kill you but if you have to question if you want it or not should just get it cut off

I presume anyone paying the full price of 19.99 signed up for it at that price or if not were prepared to retain it at that price once the package went up. I don't think there's anything unfair in that as if they would not want to continue paying it they would have the same options I have, i.e. cancel or take a reduced deal if offered. If someone on 19.99 went to drop it and was offered 15.99 but knew well that many people were offered 12.99, I do think that person would have the right to be a bit disappointed.

I signed up for an offer and once the offer was over was given another offer and then when that was over went to drop and was given another offer but this offer was worse than other people were given, just due to the luck of the draw. I don't think that's entirely fair, no. As I said, if everyone had a chance at a similar offer then I wouldn't have a problem with it.
    3 euro hardly gonna kill you but if you have to question if you want it or not should just get it cut off

But it's not as if I'm saying some huge injustice has been done or anything, I am happy enough to drop it anyway. €9.99 was just too great of a deal to pass up.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭thegift06

looking to sign up for 3 months to see what the service is like but just wondering if im with UPC do I need to deal with UPC or can I just ring setanta and they will look after it? cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

Got €12.99 for 2 months myself.

Fine with that. €56.95 total since December 2013. Not too bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭mac1961

thegift06 wrote: »
    looking to sign up for 3 months to see what the service is like but just wondering if im with UPC do I need to deal with UPC or can I just ring setanta and they will look after it? cheers

Not sure but you could give setanta a ring. I know when going through the options they ask who your tv provider is, also make sure and take a note of the offers people got on here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭RIALTO1

thegift06 wrote: »

Hi there, as far as I know if your with UPC you need to order through them. I had the Setanta offer through Sky but switched to UPC when I moved house, and UPC told me I couldn't transfer the Setanta service. Rang Setanta to double check and they confirmed that I would need to re-order through UPC. Setanta said their offering was a satelite service if I remember correctly.

Advertisement