Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Try Setanta Sports Pack for the month of December for €1!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

smokey20 wrote: »
    I must give them a bell tomorrow to cancel so... The phone line is closed now.

They will not be getting money for January.

You're absolutely dead right! I mean this is entirely Setantas fault and you shouldn't pay due to you not cancelling or contacting them in any way.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭smokey20

You're absolutely dead right! I mean this is entirely Setantas fault and you shouldn't pay due to you not cancelling or contacting them in any way.

Apologies EuskalHerria, my previous post of I will cancel tomorrow as had not been able to get thru to them before hand seems to have upset you and you feel the need to be sarcastic..

Get yourself a life for 2014.

Cheers

Apologies EuskalHerria, my previous post of I will cancel tomorrow as had not been able to get thru to them before hand seems to have upset you and you feel the need to be sarcastic..

Get yourself a life for 2014.

Cheers

I can assure you I am not upset. Thank you for the concern however.

I think it's more your "They are not getting money for January" comment that I commented towards. As in they are not being financially re-reimbursed, as per your agreement with Setanta, due to you not cancelling your contract on time.

I can assure you I am not upset. Thank you for the concern however.

I think it's more your "They are not getting money for January" comment that I commented towards. As in they are not being financially re-reimbursed, as per your agreement with Setanta, due to you not cancelling your contract on time.

Thanks for clearing that up.

All the best to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

Some people��

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

I must give them a bell tomorrow to cancel so... The phone line is closed now.

They will not be getting money for January.

If you think that, I think you are misguided. Just because the card has been cancelled does not mean the account of that particular card has been cancelled by the provider.

If you think that, I think you are misguided. Just because the card has been cancelled does not mean the account of that particular card has been cancelled by the provider.

Card number given to Setanta has been cancelled (not to avoid paying Setanta, but for another reason).... They have no other access to get money from my account.

I will ring them tomorrow and advise I no longer wish to subscribe.. My statement (which has upset some) that they will not be getting paid for the 3 days of January still stands true.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,822 ✭✭✭✭muffler

You need to brush up on your sarcasm a bit mate :rolleyes:

muffler wrote: »
    You need to brush up on your sarcasm a bit mate :rolleyes:
    For a moderator that seems like and odd "contribution" to the thread? If you have any suggestions, please in future don't be so vague about them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Isn't Boards the business :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Limestone1

If you already pay half for your sky sports subscription why not just pay for setanta, I pay full whack for my sky sports and setanta subscriptions and it's worth every penny
    Some think they have an entitlement to discounts on everything

Full whack for both ?? I think you may have stumbled into the wrong forum - this is Bargain Alerts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

Dr. Nick wrote: »
    Same here. Still have the stations. I did ask in the email about the 9.99 offer but got no response.

Got email yesterday and stations disappeared (had them on 01.01.14). Rang them just now and asked about the 9.99 deal, the guy asked if I was the €1 deal and said thst he shouldn't really but gave me the new deal without any fuss really. Also said to ring last week in feb as there may be another deal.....

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭zac8

Just phoned up there and got the 9.99 deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭An Riabhach

I've just rang them now and had the channels re-installed for the 3 months,a very helpful Scottish lady took my call and once she knew my viewing card number she knew I'd signed up for the €1 deal and cancelled.She also knew my payment details coz she never asked.She said that in order to cancel that I have to ring by the end of February.

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Sephiral

If I ring up to cancel and don't get the deal, I can just re-order again online and have my card activated the next time I want to watch something?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,753 ✭✭✭corny

Apparently they never got my cancellation email on the 30th and went ahead and billed me for January. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭green123

Sephiral wrote: »
    If I ring up to cancel and don't get the deal, I can just re-order again online and have my card activated the next time I want to watch something?

yes, of course you can, but you might have to pay full price

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭BRYAN Is Ainm Dom

I followed back up with an email asking if I could avail of the €9.99 offer when cancelling and got an email today confirming they had added it and the channels are back, happy days :)

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭largepants

I still have channels after cancelling. Strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

corny wrote: »
    Apparently they never got my cancellation email on the 30th and went ahead and billed me for January. :mad:

Forward the email to them again and ask them nicely would the reconsider their decision to bill you the full amount for January as you wanted to avail of the 3-month offer. If they are not nice back to you, then do a charge back on your card. They can then sing for their money;).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭An Riabhach

Sephiral wrote: »

You won't get the €9.99 deal online,though.....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,753 ✭✭✭corny

Forward the email to them again and ask them nicely would the reconsider their decision to bill you the full amount for January as you wanted to avail of the 3-month offer. If they are not nice back to you, then do a charge back on your card. They can then sing for their money;).

Great minds.... Thats the tactic.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭Irish Kev

corny wrote: »

same here

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Well I rang and agreed to the 3 months at 10 euros each and now my channels are turned off, grrr.

Angry phone call coming up.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Billed 9.99 yesterday, and for yesterday alone it was worth it!
    Football overload!

• Registered Users Posts: 44 santry

I cancelled my subscription on Dec 30, and despite being offered the 9.99 deal, said no. I got a phone call this evening offering me the 9.99 deal again so I took it and got connected immediately. Its cheaper than going to the pub !!! Was also told to make sure and call at beg of March to cancel but that I would probably be offered a deal again to the end of the season :P

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭badker

is setanta/bt sport available on sky go? or how can I watch it. anyone a link to something that would help.thanks I'm signed up to the 9.99 deal

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

badker wrote: »
    is setanta/bt sport available on sky go? or how can I watch it. anyone a link to something that would help.thanks I'm signed up to the 9.99 deal

Afraid not.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,341 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Thank you for contacting Setanta Sports.

Apologies for the delay in responding we have been exceptionally busy.

As a valued customer we have reactivated your subscription with Setanta Sports at a reduced price offer of €9.99 per month for the next 3 months . After this period your service will revert to the original price unless you call or email at which point we would be more than happy to discuss your account again.

If we can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Service team on 0818 20 30 40 and one of my colleagues will be happy to help.

We are open from 9:30am to 6pm, Monday to Saturday.

Regards

Customer Services Department
    Setanta Sports

carlton-dance.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭2moreMinutes

^^^ Got the same email earlier today. I emailed the cancellations address last week after I had phoned to cancel on 30th Dec but wasn't offered the deal and I knew nothing about it until I logged in here afterwards. Even though I've the savings already spent in the pub over the weekend watching the FA Cup matches, I'm still happy to have it.:D

Advertisement