Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yamakasi Catleap monitor club.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Adam Walsh

Really?? I heard his support is dreadful!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rob2D

Danger781 wrote: »
    Would you recommend getting a display port cable?

Yes, very much.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

Just beware of the difference between dp and mini-dp. Some graphics cards have mini ports, others have full size. So you may need some convertors, or a dp<->minidp cable.

From my limited experience: amd cards have mini-dp outputs; nvidia seem to have full-size. Just an observation, not a rule...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭Danger781

Adam Walsh wrote: »
    Guys from all your experiences combined which seller do you believe I should go with?? AC is given a good and bad rep here so I dunno which to pick .. :|

My plan for next time

1. Pick the monitor I want (XStar, QNIX, Crossover, Achieva, etc.)

2. Email each seller who is selling the monitor at a reasonable price

3. Find out which ones (if any) will cover postage if something goes wrong a few months down the line

4. Buy from them

accessorieswhole will not cover postage after the first 30 days, or at least that is what it says in his ads. By email he is telling me 3 months, which still doesn't help me.

The part that annoys me most is, I ordered a QNIX but received an XStar branded monitor. I emailed him and explained the situation, and he informed that XStar and QNIX are made in the same factory with the same components so there is essentially no difference. So, to save us the hassle, and to save him the unnecessary expense, I agreed to keep the XStar.

Now it's broken, and he expects me to pay the shipping fee, even though I agreed to keep it.

:mad:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Adam Walsh wrote: »
    Really?? I heard his support is dreadful!

The best place to read here as they have thousands of user experiences with these monitors and vendors

http://www.overclock.net/f/44/monitors-and-displays

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 Adam Walsh

My plan for next time

1. Pick the monitor I want (XStar, QNIX, Crossover, Achieva, etc.)

2. Email each seller who is selling the monitor at a reasonable price

3. Find out which ones (if any) will cover postage if something goes wrong a few months down the line

4. Buy from them

accessorieswhole will not cover postage after the first 30 days, or at least that is what it says in his ads. By email he is telling me 3 months, which still doesn't help me.

The part that annoys me most is, I ordered a QNIX but received an XStar branded monitor. I emailed him and explained the situation, and he informed that XStar and QNIX are made in the same factory with the same components so there is essentially no difference. So, to save us the hassle, and to save him the unnecessary expense, I agreed to keep the XStar.

Now it's broken, and he expects me to pay the shipping fee, even though I agreed to keep it.

:mad:

Thanks that helped a lot and AH is bull****ting qnix is a lot different from x-star in terms of build quality and performance I won't be going with him I'm looking into dream-seller and BCC

Also, I would like to remind you that I did agree to keep the monitor at your request. I was not overly happy with receiving an incorrectly branded one, but felt that it would be more beneficial for both of us if I kept it.

To save you the cost of postage I decided to keep the monitor, which is now no longer functioning. Despite the fact I extended this courtesy to you, you did not offer me the same level of respect.

I have to say I am very disappointed by this.

^ Part of the email I sent to accessorieswhole this morning

Frustration isn't the word :pac: I've been without my monitor since the 3rd of November..

Funnily enough I bought it on the 3rd of July.. Exactly 4 months later it decided to die

srsly78 wrote: »
    Just beware of the difference between dp and mini-dp. Some graphics cards have mini ports, others have full size. So you may need some convertors, or a dp<->minidp cable.

From my limited experience: amd cards have mini-dp outputs; nvidia seem to have full-size. Just an observation, not a rule...

Can confirm. My 7990 has 4 mini dp ports.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭AntDub

^ Part of the email I sent to accessorieswhole this morning

Frustration isn't the word :pac: I've been without my monitor since the 3rd of November..

Funnily enough I bought it on the 3rd of July.. Exactly 4 months later it decided to die

If I was you I'd tell him unless it's resolved to your satisfaction you'll repeatedly post links on every computer forum you can find over the next 12 months directing them to this post to show the problems you had with him and the way he handles returns.

I’d also list all of the websites you’ll be posting this issue to so he can see you’re serious, the loss to him of sorting this out is small in comparison to the amount of business he’ll lose all over the world.

If he thinks you’ll roll over and take it he’ll do nothing, time to show him you’re willing to hit him where it hurts and lose him a significantly amount of business.

Good luck with it all.

AntDub wrote: »
    If I was you I'd tell him unless it's resolved to your satisfaction you'll repeatedly post links on ever computer forum you can find over the next 12 months directing them this post to show the problems you had with him and the way he handles returns.

I’d also list all of the websites you’ll be posting this issue to so he can see you’re serious, the loss to him of sorting this out is small in comparison to the amount of business he’ll lose all over the world.

If he thinks you’ll roll over and take it he’ll do nothing, time to show him you’re willing to hit him where it hurts and lose him a significantly amount of business.

Good luck with it all.

I may end up doing that considering he literally just ignored that part of the email I quoted yesterday. He replied with 'Thanks for the email. Is this your address: "

The fact that he blatantly ignored it annoyed me more than anything. I have since sent eBay an email asking them if there is anything they can do to help, or how they recommend I should proceed. More than likely they can't but who knows.

• Advertisement

If the component is my only option then send it to me. However I want to make something very clear.. I am NOT happy with this resolution at all.

I'd prefer a refund on the monitor but I am definitely NOT paying postage. I still honestly can't believe you are insisting that postage is my problem. Despite the fact that I kept the wrong branded monitor rather than insisting on a replacement, as a courtesy to you. I should have insisted on a replacement at that time so I wouldn't be in this situation at all and would not have to deal with this. It's not much to ask you to extend the same level of respect to me.

This is unacceptable behavior from any eBay seller in my opinion. I am beginning to feel like you are leaving me with no option other than to contact eBay support. This will be my last resort if I do contact them.

The members of boards.ie will not be happy to see that this is how my problem was resolved. Boards is where I originally found your store. I have been informing them of each update so far, and people are eagerly awaiting my result. They will not be pleased this is how it ended and I, as well as many others, certainly won't be recommending you again, even though I personally have recommended you many many times in the past. It's a shame really.

Good luck.
    Hi

We apologize for all the inconvenience.
    I have reported your case to our manager.
    If the board can't solve the issue, we will pay for returning shipping fee.

We sent the board today.

Please let us know after you replace the board.
    Thank you.

This is hopefully the last time I'll be contacting accessorieswhole..

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭dark_jedi_ire

Your tone and Email is almost identical to mine when I had problems with Accsssorieswhole(Mentioned Boards.ie and Ebay suppport etc) and I got a full refund, So I think you will be fine and if the board dosnt work, you will get a refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,981 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Danger looking forward to opening the monitor and replacing the mobo?

Headshot wrote: »
    Danger looking forward to opening the monitor and replacing the mobo?

Nope :(

• Registered Users Posts: 35 rob_itb

If you going to gamble on a display, do it right

rob_itb wrote: »

Jesus.

Surely that's not legit. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 35 rob_itb

the site is 100% legit, not sure about the seller because apparently this is the equivelant of ebay.
    If it wasn't for the 20% discount finishing the day before pay day, i'd happily be the group guinea pig :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

These have been tempting me from day one, but I could never justify it as the two PC monitors I have are fine and no problems. However with the imminent arrival of a PS4, I've been looking into alternatives and options as to how best utilise the new generation display wise.

At present I have my Ps3 hooked into my monitor and if I'm honest, it looks poorer quality then my PC games, and also poorer then other PS3's I've seen via friends houses. Has anyone used these for multi purpose, along with their PC, using a console and the likes?

For the price I could maybe justify buying one to replace my main monitor, if also it will be good for my PS4.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭stylie

Buying from Aliexpress is safe, the money does not go to the seller until you have received the product and you are happy with it. I buy from them all the time.

stylie wrote: »
    Buying from Aliexpress is safe, the money does not go to the seller until you have received the product and you are happy with it. I buy from them all the time.

That... is tempting.. God damn I can't afford this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,981 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

rob_itb wrote: »

damn you and your temptation

Customs will come into play there. Id be worried what the end price will be. And not forgetting its bloody Chinese stuff

Jesus.

Surely that's not legit. :eek:

I don't know why it wouldn't be. Making high-res displays has become very easy and cheap lately. There are 4K 39" TVs in the US for $520, likely the same panel.
    http://www.amazon.com/Seiki-Digital-SE39UY04-39-Inch-Ultra/dp/B00DOPGO2G

They have poor PQ though. Terrible contrast, terrible ghosting, terrible backlight uniformity & bleed. Everybody is caught up with resolution when the actual PQ is what needs improving.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

4k is totally pointless anyway.

There is virtually zero 4k content and forget about running games at 4k unless you have 4k to spare on a pc :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭imitation

But but .. think of all the icons I could have on my desktop !

Y'know if I wasn't buying a PS4 next week I'd nearly buy this just to see what it looks like.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Rob2D wrote: »
    Y'know if I wasn't buying a PS4 next week I'd nearly buy this just to see what it looks like.

Toying with the idea of getting one to use with my Ps4, have a feeling my current PC monitor wont get the best visually, as it doesnt seem to even get the best from the PS3.

Shur 4K would look even worse. 1080 upscaled that much? Not a pretty sight I'd bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

All of those cheaper 4k screens can't do 60fps either afaik. It's 30hz. Any specs for that in english?

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Luck100

The first review on Amazon is miles long with lots of info. Seems like it does 120 Hz but only at 1080p. At 4K resolution you're stuck with 30 Hz.

• Advertisement

Luck100 wrote: »
    The first review on Amazon is miles long with lots of info. Seems like it does 120 Hz but only at 1080p. At 4K resolution you're stuck with 30 Hz.
    Yep, its a HDMI 1.4 bandwidth issue. If you were serious about getting a 4K TV you should wait for HDMI 2.0 equipped models.

Advertisement