Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yamakasi Catleap monitor club.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

Ive a Korean monitor (Crossover 27Q) over 24 hours now at the import clearance stage...how long does it normally take, FedEx estimated delivery was yesterday.
    Clearance delay - Import
    DUBLIN IE
    In clearance process.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

It took a whole day for me and the FedEx estimated delivery was off by 2 days.

Cheers pal, not too bad so :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭dwighet

AstraMonti wrote: »
    Just received my QNIX QX2710 LED Evolution ll, great colors and resolution, no bleeding or dead pixels as far as I can see. Unfortunately I don't seem to be able to get anything more than 60hz with CRU, unless I am doing something wrong.

Did you go on you tube and follow the tutorial on there???

Just type in overclock qnix and you should find it

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

raymix wrote: »
    Quick question - why do you deliberately want 120Hz, is there an actual visual difference between 75-90-100-110-120-144 Hz ranges?
    So far I am under impression that anything is better than 60Hz, but it could be my bad monitor ghosting and tearing like crazy, vsync or not.

Yeah it does look clearer to me moving around, smoother.

• Advertisement

dwighet wrote: »
    Did you go on you tube and follow the tutorial on there???

Just type in overclock qnix and you should find it

Do you mean these ones?

Yeap, didn't even work at 75hz. I ll try it again because I didn't spend much time yesterday. The bad thing is that after a while it developed some bleeding on the down right corner, but I 've seen what I have to do to fix that.

Do you mean these ones?

Yeap, didn't even work at 75hz. I ll try it again because I didn't spend much time yesterday. The bad thing is that after a while it developed some bleeding on the down right corner, but I 've seen what I have to do to fix that.

I followed the second one and worked a treat..

Unfortunately after a bit of reading it seems that monitors with display port + hdmi do not overclock. And that's what I bought. I am waiting for a display port cable just in case it makes any difference (I doubt) and if it doesn't I 'll probably be hitting adverts.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭glennb

What would anyone recommend between a Dell Ultrasharp u2713hm, Asus PB278Q or one of these Korean monitors. I am considering one of the Korean ones so that I could put the difference in price to another gpu.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

It depends. If you're willing to take the risk or not. Getting a Korean monitor is half the price but a pain in the arse if you have to send it back.

There has been some issues here but overall I think most were happy with the korean purchase.

• Advertisement

My monitor still being held by customs, they contacted FedEx to contact me and ask for proof of purchase, Tuesday night, which i supplied instantly, FedEx have come back saying my proof has been accepted, they just waiting for customs to clear....

Customs do they realise it Christmas...hurry the fooook on, release my monitor :-p

Date/Time Activity Location
    - 16/12/2013 - Monday
    07:05
    Clearance delay - Import
    DUBLIN IE
    In clearance process.

Arrived today....stunning screen, and much slimmer then my old Yamakasi :)

happy days

• Site Banned Posts: 91 ✭✭batman88

Same thing happened me today, had to send them the PayPal receipt. How did you pay the custom charge?the person who sent it from Korea said it was valued at 200 dollars on their receipt yoke in the parcel. Is it just 23% vat you pay.

batman88 wrote: »
    Same thing happened me today, had to send them the PayPal receipt. How did you pay the custom charge?the person who sent it from Korea said it was valued at 200 dollars on their receipt yoke in the parcel. Is it just 23% vat you pay.

I assume a bill will come in the post one of the days, the driver didn't say anything about any charges.

Stuxnet wrote: »
    I assume a bill will come in the post one of the days, the driver didn't say anything about any charges.

Cool tks, wanted it for Christmas, feckers:)

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭The Red

Hey guys, Ive been on here in the past chatting about these Korean beauties, I got a Qnix a while back and its one of the best purchases I ever made (even considering 2 more for multi screen at some point down the line whoooo) but I wanted to ask if any of you have tried mixing monitors with these? For example, I have one of the Qnix 27" and a LG Flatron 21" at 1080p and I want to set up eyefinity somehow. If I were to pick up another 21" 1080 and set them up with the Qnix would there be a good way to achieve a reasonable eyefinity setup?

I know the basics of setting up Eyefinity as I did it before with the LG and two older flat Dell CRTs. (it was ok but low res and flawed) but I gotta say I was so impressed with the peripheral vision I got in BF3 back then...
    and I know I will have to revert back to 60hz but Im wondering if I set up the two 21" 1080s in portrait, Would I get a higher resolution or some kind of strange stretching or what?

Also, will my MSI 7970 Twin Frzr be able to handle them all?

Anyone any ideas? Forgive me if something like this has been brought up in this thread earlier..

Thanks,

Red.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭raymix

You might end up with an extra GPU(s) because it will require 3x DVI-DL ports and more juice for games.

Unfortunately after a bit of reading it seems that monitors with display port + hdmi do not overclock. And that's what I bought. I am waiting for a display port cable just in case it makes any difference (I doubt) and if it doesn't I 'll probably be hitting adverts.

An update on this. I got the display port cable and I can get up to 89hz with it. I think it can go all the way up to 120hz but for some reason anything above 89hz doesn't even come up on the available resolutions. Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Lads, was there a way to overclock by changing PCB in these?

My buddy got Yakamasi q270 or q271, he would like to get it overclocked a bit, but I dont really think he can do on that model. Though I did heard you can do some "engineering" and it was not too complicated?

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭Gotham

Lads, was there a way to overclock by changing PCB in these?

My buddy got Yakamasi q270 or q271, he would like to get it overclocked a bit, but I dont really think he can do on that model. Though I did heard you can do some "engineering" and it was not too complicated?

You can yes, but you need to get a hold of the correct PCB of course.
    go to www.120hz.net for info, these guys have done it and posted about it.

Edit:
    Afaik, if he has Q270, all he needs is drivers, see that website for details.
    It's highly unlikely he has a Q270 unless he bought it second hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Gotham wrote: »
    You can yes, but you need to get a hold of the correct PCB of course.
    go to www.120hz.net for info, these guys have done it and posted about it.

Edit:
    Afaik, if he has Q270, all he needs is drivers, see that website for details.
    It's highly unlikely he has a Q270 unless he bought it second hand.

I have directed him there. He will have some read on now.

I can see from thread that you can get some newer ones ( evoliution 2 ), which overclock a bit out of the box?

• Advertisement

How long does it take Qnix to clear customs? It got stuck in customs on the 20th Decemeber. I got a call from fed ex to send on the paypal receipt which I did on the 20th and stil no sign of it and got no confirmation email from them. I rang up fed ex yesterday and they gave me a number to call which was always engaged. Pain in the hole.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭EoinHef

I have directed him there. He will have some read on now.

I can see from thread that you can get some newer ones ( evoliution 2 ), which overclock a bit out of the box?

Id say thats the qnix evolution 2, the model with only a dvi d connection overclocks

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭michaelotoole

There are basically three parts to the displays...

1: The actual LCD (not including any pcb's)
    2: The Main Board (the pcb that connects from your video card to the monitor and the power block)
    3: The T-Board (connects the main board to the LCD)...

The Yamakasi and QNIX (and others) use the same LG LCD panel (again not including the main board or the t-board)...

The difference appears to be in the version/revision of T Board and Main Board you have...
    The over clocked versions have two cables between the Main Board and the T-Board, the normal 60Hz has only one of these cables (not including a small additional cable of some five or six individual strands)...

You can buy the over-clocked boards (T-Board and Main Board) from at least one site, they are very expensive costing as much as the display itself... (there may be a cheaper alternative I don't know about)... I've seen prices of €400 quoted...

In the manufacturing the over-clocked version were phased out but brought back due to demands, this explains why we now have different types but all marketed as one (allowing for different brand names)...

Different Main boards are available from different sources, some may include VGA, Game port etc... Where additional connectivity is present, be prepared for some lag (logical dictates conversion of signals will impose delays)...

I may have it wrong, perhaps there are Main Boards with one cable that provide better than 60Hz but in all my searching I haven't found one yet... I hope I'm wrong ... mine only has one cable ;(

I have the model with DVI-D, HDMI and Dport. With DVI-D/HDMI I can not go over 60HZ. With display port I am working at 89hz, the maximum I can see when I set it up.

People make all kinds of claims when it comes to refresh rate so it's hard to get to the truth...

The facts are you can't do anything about your monitors internal electronics but you can make sure you have the best cables for the job... Borrow a really good quality DVI-D cable from someone and see if it gets you more Hz's... If it does, you know what to do, if it doesn't, then the Main Board (interface board) limits inside you monitor have been reached...

You might also change the other cables and test... who knows, you might just get a bit more speed...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 970 ✭✭✭yawhat!

People make all kinds of claims when it comes to refresh rate so it's hard to get to the truth...

The facts are you can't do anything about your monitors internal electronics but you can make sure you have the best cables for the job... Borrow a really good quality DVI-D cable from someone and see if it gets you more Hz's... If it does, you know what to do, if it doesn't, then the Main Board (interface board) limits inside you monitor have been reached...

You might also change the other cables and test... who knows, you might just get a bit more speed...

While browsing through the Amazon I came across some really crappy DVI cables. I mean, $100 for an DVI cable? What a ripoff. You're not going to get any picture quality out of that. If you want a decent DVI cable, it's got to be over $1000. I stole a little jewelry from the local jewelry store (only 5 police cars came this time!), sold it on the black market, and bought a 5,000 dollar gem.I wanted this particular cable because it says 5M at the end. I'm not entirely sure what that means but 3M makes really good sticky stuff so, I figured 5M was even better. Boy, was I right. I took out my old crappy $500 HDMI cable and put this one in and turned on Cops, my favorite TV show. Because of the amazing sound and picture quality of this cable, I was extremely immersed in the TV show. I could swear that there were actually cops at my door breaking in. I could practically feel a policeman tackle me and put handcuffs on me. Anyway, on this particular episode they showed the guy actually going into jail, getting his mugshot, and being put in a jail cell. Kind of boring usually, but with this awesome DVI cable, I felt like I was actually there. Anyway, it's been at the part where the guy is in the jail cell for over 3 hours and I still feel like I'm actually in a jail cell. I can't see a power button anywhere and can't even see a TV. Help?

Cheap cables do not have any shielding and are only good for low frequency over short distances..
    Intermediate cables shield may shield the entire cable or the RGB pairs but rarely both...
    Expensive cable tend to shield the RGB pairs, other signals pairs and then the entire cable...

When you increase the refresh rate, you increase the speed at which data is sent...

Digital signals (in this instance), will vary from 0 to 5 volts and at hight speed, the time taken for a signal to fall below 1/3 supply (digitally low) or raise to 2/3 supply (digitally high) is largely determined by the capacitive and inductive affects in the transmission medium... A rapidly changing signal in one wire (be it analogue or digital), will induce a signal in another, adversely affecting its data carrying properties with the emphasis generally being on speed of transmission the cable is capable of...

When current flows in a cable it will induce current in any cable close to it... In a DVD-D cable for example, the RGB signals are transmitted in three separate wires... if these are not shielded, data transmission in one, can and will have an effect the others (and all other cables close to it)...

The best way to minimise this interference is to shield individual data pairs, the cable itself, and also use higher quality copper with very low resistive properties... The more you do the more it costs, it depends on the materials used... Unless the cables are 100% gold, it should cost no more that €30 for the highest spec, any more and I would feel I'm being ripped off...

This is a somewhat simplified explanation, if you want more detail use google ;)

It's all about data, resolution and refresh rate, at 1080 and 60Hz almost any cable will do, but once you go to the next stage, (increase the resolution and refresh rate) the cable starts to matter... try pushing 4k on a $2.99 cable and see how far you get...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 970 ✭✭✭yawhat!

How does Battlefield 4 run for ye at 1440P. Have a single R9 290 and when I max out everything including resolution scale I get 20-30FPS. At 150 resolution scale I get around 40-45 FPS. I notice a huge huge difference graphics wise between 150% and 200% resolution scale and its really bugging me, looks amazing at 200%. Probably better off getting another 290? I need more power :(

yawhat! wrote: »
    How does Battlefield 4 run for ye at 1440P. Have a single R9 290 and when I max out everything including resolution scale I get 20-30FPS. At 150 resolution scale I get around 40-45 FPS. I notice a huge huge difference graphics wise between 150% and 200% resolution scale and its really bugging me, looks amazing at 200%. Probably better off getting another 290? I need more power :(

I`d suggest you add another card...
    Im running 2x 7970`s for my 1440 and Bf4 never drops below 60fps on ultra settings..

• Advertisement

Just FYI a month later after I received the monitor I got an invoice from Fedex to pay 47 euro to customs. Strange that didn't notify me before I get it.

Advertisement