Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yamakasi Catleap monitor club.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 970 ✭✭✭yawhat!

I got a bill of 85 euro wtf? monitor was 250

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭dwighet

yawhat! wrote: »
    I got a bill of 85 euro wtf? monitor was 250

Burnt....Mine was half that

dwighet wrote: »
    Burnt....Mine was half that

I'll give them a ring sure thats way more than 23%. Was yours 250?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Its based on the price marked on the box, you'll probably find that the people who got charged 50 or so theres were most likely marked as €200 even though total cost was €250.

I reckon its 200 for the monitors and 50 for delivery and they just say 250 with free delivery because it looks better

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭..Brian..

There's a few different qnix monitors on ebay at the moment ranging from €250 - €300, which one's are people buying?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭The Red

..Brian.. wrote: »
    There's a few different qnix monitors on ebay at the moment ranging from €250 - €300, which one's are people buying?

I got the one that has a single dual dvi input. It can be oc'd to 110hz. At least thats as far as I could get mine to.

A few things you should think about when your looking at the qnix to narrow down which one is for you are:

1. Connectivity
    Some models have just a Dual Link DVI connection(Essential you have a graphics card with this port for this type of monitor),these are the ones that can be overclocked with varying degrees of sucess. Some people struggling to get them to 90Hz and others getting to 120Hz no problem so a bit of a lottery in that sense. Second choice is the D-Port model which has HDMI,Displsyport,VGA and Dvi connections but is 60Hz only. Expect to pay a little more for this one,it will most likely be listed as the D-Port model

2.Screen Type
    Matte,Glossy or Tempered Glass

3. Perfect Pixel
    Some sellers offer a perfect pixel service,they say monitor is checked before shipping for dead pixels. Be careful though as some sellers consider a monitor with up to 3 dead pixels as pixel perfect. This is something you would have to check each seller for if you opted for it. For a monitor that has the perfect pixel option be prepared to pay more for it,around €40-50 extra from what ive seen

Once you have selected what you want from the above options the list to choose from should become smaller.

At that point i would look at price and do a bit of research into each seller. Specifically look at the returns section if they have one,as most state if the monitor develops an issue you have to cover the shipping back to korea,which needless to say is pricey:(

I would pay more to a point for a seller who covers return delivery(Thats if theres any that do,haven looked in a while).

A word on backlight bleed,these monitors are going to have some!! It varies from monitor to monitor and normally wouldnt be an issue during gaming(unless the game is constantly dark),i cant see it at all during gaming,web browsing,youtube vids etc etc
    Where you would notice it is if you have a widescreen movie or something that has a black border at the bottom of the screen so keep that in mind. Depends on the type of person you are imo,if everything has to be perfect it may annoy you

I personally got a matte non perfect pixel with just the DVI connection from acessorieswhole and im very happy with it(Although sometimes i do wish i could hook up a console etc to it:(). I was lucky in the sense that i got a good example with no dead pixels(that i can see anyway:)) and minimal backlight bleed. Acessorieswhole have been known to be a bit of a pain in the A@#$ for returns though so not sure i would reccomend them.

A lot of people have got theres from different sellers,i went for the one i did because it was the cheapest and seller seemed to have similar policies to the rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭AntDub

EoinHef wrote: »
    I personally got a matte non perfect pixel with just the DVI connection from acessorieswhole and im very happy with it(Although sometimes i do wish i could hook up a console etc to it:(). I was lucky in the sense that i got a good example with no dead pixels(that i can see anyway:)) and minimal backlight bleed. Acessorieswhole have been known to be a bit of a pain in the A@#$ for returns though so not sure i would reccomend them.

A lot of people have got theres from different sellers,i went for the one i did because it was the cheapest and seller seemed to have similar policies to the rest.

Similar to above, I got matte,perfect pixel with just the DVI connection from acessorieswhole and all was good, no dead pixels with minimal backlight bleed.
    I would suggest to mail them and get them to confirm in writting that they'll cover ALL costs ie returning the monitor back and sending out a new one to you if there's something wrong with it.
    Also ask them before you buy it if what's the lowest they would declare it on the invoice(this will keep your vat charge down), they marked mine as $200 which I think was the lowest they said they'd mark it at, I paid the below.
    Vat = €34.31 Admin Fee = €10.50 Total = €44.81.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

Second choice is the D-Port model which has HDMI,Displsyport,VGA and Dvi connections but is 60Hz only. Expect to pay a little more for this one,it will most likely be listed as the D-Port model

Just a note here, my dport model and a couple other reports I ve read can overclock to 89hz when using a display port cable.

So I ordered this Qnix perfect pixel 1440p monitor around 10pm Tuesday (21/01/14) night and reveiced a text from DPD this morning to arrange customs and delivery. Monitor incl shipping cost €266, customs cost ....... €17! Woohoo! Delivered from South Korea to Waterford in 2 and a bit days and only €17 customs, win so far!

Won't have the GPUs to power it for a few weeks though! I had thought they would arrive the same time as the monitor seller said up to 21 days for delivery. Ah well.

• Advertisement

Niiice, yeah mine was in in just 3 days! They seem to have that delivery thing down. Still waiting for weeks for my Razer Deathadder from China.. :(

My MSI 7970 twin frzr runs BF4 on high - Max settings at 1440 (AA off, SBAO) just above 60fps on the QNIX.

It. is. beautiful....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭M00lers

So I ordered this Qnix perfect pixel 1440p monitor around 10pm Tuesday (21/01/14) night and reveiced a text from DPD this morning to arrange customs and delivery. Monitor incl shipping cost €266, customs cost ....... €17! Woohoo! Delivered from South Korea to Waterford in 2 and a bit days and only €17 customs, win so far!

Won't have the GPUs to power it for a few weeks though! I had thought they would arrive the same time as the monitor seller said up to 21 days for delivery. Ah well.

Nicely done, sweet deal. Might have to give one of these a punt.

Sweet lord it's beautiful! Absolutely perfect panel, zero dead pixels and no back light bleed! I couldn't be happier with it. Have to try do some gaming on 7850 crossfired now.!

Sweet lord it's beautiful! Absolutely perfect panel, zero dead pixels and no back light bleed! I couldn't be happier with it. Have to try do some gaming on 7850 crossfired now.!

Id say you will be surprised, most games will run fine on them 7850's.

Just the killers likes of BF4, Far Cry 3,Crysis and the odd other game thats really demanding.

Anyway man best of luck with it, good to hear you got a god one:)

Nice one buddy welcome to the club. Its hard to go back to a normal 1080 now that youve experienced them. Which one did u get?

The Red wrote: »
    Nice one buddy welcome to the club. Its hard to go back to a normal 1080 now that youve experienced them. Which one did u get?

I got this Qnix Evolution 2 for €266. Delivered in 3 days and only €17 customs tax! Couldn't be happier!

Id say you will be surprised, most games will run fine on them 7850's.

Just the killers likes of BF4, Far Cry 3,Crysis and the odd other game thats really demanding.

Anyway man best of luck with it, good to hear you got a god one:)

Yea surprising results so far. Am benching over 60fps in the Tomb Raider benchmark by lower AA to FXAA and turning off tressfx hair! Downloading BF3 now to see what fps I get out of it.

I have a pair of r9 290's on the way in a couple of weeks but had thought I wouldn't be able to game at 1440p until I had them installed so another nice surprise!

I got this Qnix Evolution 2 for €266. Delivered in 3 days and only €17 customs tax! Couldn't be happier!

Yea surprising results so far. Am benching over 60fps in the Tomb Raider benchmark by lower AA to FXAA and turning off tressfx hair! Downloading BF3 now to see what fps I get out of it.

I have a pair of r9 290's on the way in a couple of weeks but had thought I wouldn't be able to game at 1440p until I had them installed so another nice surprise!

2x r9 290s? Niiice. Would love to get another 7970 and 2 more qnix for eyefinity... mmm

The Red wrote: »
    2x r9 290s? Niiice. Would love to get another 7970 and 2 more qnix for eyefinity... mmm

Yea I had a bit if a win with tax back so I'm splashing out a bit, this should see me future proofed for a few years at least!

Heaven and Valley are killing me at tho mo though. Heaven 4.0 benching approx 26fps, Valley benching approx 36fps with everything turned up full tilt. Couldn obviously lower settings to increase FPS but it's just so beautiful I can't bear to!

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Maragenie

Well lads I've read through a nice bit of this thread in general but is there any stand out model that you'd recommend and a particular seller that's easy to deal with?

I'm budgeting about €350 all in, that's covering the customs if I do get stung. Also am I reading correct when you're saying it's taking 3-4 days to deliver from Korea?

Thanks, great thread.

Edit: I'm running an i7 4770k and a GTX 670 with it atm, would I need to go SLI or maybe go with a GTX 780?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

i have an i7 920 and a gtx 670, haven't had any issues with a game yet except for the witcher 2 (even then it was still 30fps min) and modded skyrim. modded skyrim kicked its ass.

problem is, that will likely change in the next 2-3 years. we'lll probably have to sli by then

• Advertisement

The thing is that I had it in an SLI configuration only up to last week and then sold on another PC with one of the cards. Now I might either try pick one up for about €200 or sell mine and just shell out for a 780.

:confused:

ah it wont be an issue for a while yet, youll play everything at high-best quality for the forseeable future

Nice one mate, noted!

On another note, what's this I'm hearing about OC the monitors? I just want to make sure I get the right before pulling the trigger but don't fully understand the benefits.

no idea, some people seem to think their lives are massively improved by having 120hz monitors. you'd probably need an sli if you did that though :)

my potalion can't be overclocked anyway so not an issue for me

Thanks for the advice, I'll just take my time over it and see if I can get a bit more info and do a lot more research in the meantime.

:)

The qnix that I got has only dual dvi connection but can be overclocked (very easily done). I got mine to 110hz.

Maragenie wrote: »
    Well lads I've read through a nice bit of this thread in general but is there any stand out model that you'd recommend and a particular seller that's easy to deal with?

I'm budgeting about €350 all in, that's covering the customs if I do get stung. Also am I reading correct when you're saying it's taking 3-4 days to deliver from Korea?

Thanks, great thread.

Not much to add to that really. Zero dead pixels, no back light bleed. I ordered it around 10pm last Tuesday night and had a text from DPD Friday morning to arrange customs and delivery, so yea 3 days delivery from South Korea!

€266 for the monitor and €17 customs, €283 in total!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭Danger781

Maragenie wrote: »

Thanks, great thread.

Edit: I'm running an i7 4770k and a GTX 670 with it atm, would I need to go SLI or maybe go with a GTX 780?

While I can't really recommend a model type as I only have seen a QNX QX2710 in person, I can give you my experience with the seller accessorieswhole.

I had my monitor for less than a half a year before getting up one morning to find that the monitor wouldn't turn on. No power whatsoever. This was frustrating as you can imagine. So I contacted the seller and after two full week of emails back and forth and getting even further frustrated by the entire situation the seller eventually sent me a replacement board for the monitor which he expected me install myself. I was not happy with the result at all, but.. Looking back now at the situation it was relatively flawless despite all my complaining :o
    • When I informed the seller than my monitor was no longer powering on, he gave me two options. He could either send me a replacement board free of charge and I would have to install it myself, or I could pay the shipping back to Korea. A quick quote on FedEx gave me an estimate of well over €100 so I agreed on the replacement component. This seems to be the way with all sellers though unfortunately. They will cover parts but not return shipping after the first month or so.
    • The seller only responds to emails on Monday to Friday and due to time zone restrictions it was usualy one email per day. This is partly the reason why it took so long to resolve my problem.
    • Replacing the board wasn't difficult, but it was frustrating at certain points and most definitely needs another pair of hands.
    • After replacing the board he expected me to return the broken one to him, and to be fair he covered the cost of registered postage.

Danger781 wrote: »
    • After replacing the board he expected me to return the broken one to him, and to be fair he covered the cost of registered postage.

Thats a weird one,maybe they want to have a look and make revisions of the hardware to stop it happening,would make sense if they have to keep covering return costs for this issue

• Advertisement

Anyone have a decent guide on overclocking the Qnix?

Advertisement