Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yamakasi Catleap monitor club.

Options
1757677787981»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭laneooo

T-b0n3 wrote: »
    I've had my Catleap about 4 years now and it's served me very well. I also have a 24" 144 Hz monitor for playing CSGO on.

Would love to upgrade to the 34" curved instead of having two monitors on the desk, very tempted.

Is this the one you got? Or where did you get it from.

Got mine from dream-seller yeah i think he still has it up for sale at 463...One dead pixel that i would never notice without looking for it. Hardly no bleed the picture quality is a big jump coming from old acer TN.
    Only bad thing is Freesync and AMD thing thats the only bad thing about it as BloodBath said.

Ive seen people rave about ultra wide so just said here may aswell get one went back to my old monitor last night just to see and had enough after 5 mins it really is that big of a difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,641 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

Moon54 wrote: »
    My Yamakasi Q270 was giving issues the last few weeks, flickering with artifacts when first turned on.

My CrossOver 2795QHD was acting up a bit a few months ago as well (screen blinking, occasional artefacts), but I'm suspecting it may be the power supply more than anything else. I unplugged it from the mains (something I rarely do) for a few seconds and it seemed fine after that. Also left it unplugged for a couple of weeks while I was on holiday and it's been behaving since then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭Moon54

Follow up from my post here

I ordered the PCB replacements from that eBay seller and they arrived yesterday.
    Very easy install, just replacing existing PCBs, and now my Yamakasi is back to life again! :)

I haven't tried any of the overclocking yet, I'm just happy to be back @1440p, but I'll probably try it out over Xmas.
    Definitely a worthwhile fix for any other Yamakasi's out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

laneooo wrote: »
    Got mine from dream-seller yeah i think he still has it up for sale at 463...One dead pixel that i would never notice without looking for it. Hardly no bleed the picture quality is a big jump coming from old acer TN.
    Only bad thing is Freesync and AMD thing thats the only bad thing about it as BloodBath said.

I just order a Crossover 34U100 from Dream Seller also. Got an email to say it was on sale, clicked in to see there was only one left so I pulled the trigger for $599.

Looking forward to getting it :)

For anyone that's interested I will also be selling my 27" 1440p Catleap when I get it. Has one stuck pixel that I never notice but still working great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,849 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

T-b0n3 wrote: »
    I just order a Crossover 34U100 from Dream Seller also. Got an email to say it was on sale, clicked in to see there was only one left so I pulled the trigger for $599.

Looking forward to getting it :)

For anyone that's interested I will also be selling my 27" 1440p Catleap when I get it. Has one stuck pixel that I never notice but still working great.

Let us know how you get on with the Crossover 34U100

Headshot wrote: »
    Let us know how you get on with the Crossover 34U100

It's finally landed in Dublin after doing a world tour, featuring stops in:
    Korea, Shanghai, Guangzhou, New Delhi, Dubai, France, Germany, England and now Dublin.

So it's due for delivery tomorrow. Looking forward to it :)

I'll be sure to update here once if had a proper change to set it up and put it through the paces.

It's taken me a while to make this post, but better late than never.

So I got my Crossover 34U100 from Dream Seller on Ebay for $599 on sale. I wasn't charged any customs which was a nice bonus.

The monitor is very solid and looks slick. It runs at 100hz at 3440x1440. When I play CSGO I alter it to 144hz at 2560x1080.

I'm very happy with it and it looks great on my desk, especially compared to my previous setup which was one 24" AOC 144hz monitor and one 27" Catleap 1440p IPS as it looked unbalanced. Both are for sale on Adverts and happy to do a deal for anyone on here.

I'm no expert, but if anyone has any questions about the Crossover 34U100 let me know.

fCqfd30.jpg
    effFBfd.jpg

U didnt pay customs...seems really rare these days ya got a very good deal then!

• Registered Users Posts: 36,164 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Necro.... With all the stay home and watch Prime/Netflix I think its time to step up from 2x 22". Any good resources for the current state of cheapo panels?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

What a great buy these were, I'm still using my QNIX 8 years later on 120hz. Be good to know about what is available now. Probably still can't get something as good for near the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Ah the memories.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,007 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

What a great buy these were, I'm still using my QNIX 8 years later on 120hz. Be good to know about what is available now. Probably still can't get something as good for near the price.

My Catleap (not 120hz) was relegated to my second monitor when I got my new PC last year. The biggest issue with is the dual-link DVI is not a thing standard graphics cards have anymore. A buddy of mine was able to give me one of those active display port to dual link DVI adaptors, but it isn't perfect, I wouldn't pay E100 for the adaptor. (for some reason starting netflix or amazon prime video causes it to go haywire)

My wife will be taking my old PC and I'll probably end up giving her the catleap and buying a different second monitor for myself

• Registered Users Posts: 18,697 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

ED E wrote: »
    Necro.... With all the stay home and watch Prime/Netflix I think its time to step up from 2x 22". Any good resources for the current state of cheapo panels?

You can get big 1440p 75Hz for ~€250: https://skinflint.co.uk/?cmp=1831967&cmp=2151484&cmp=2193258

But for guaranteed 120Hz+ you're looking at low-end IPS or mid-range VA panels for €350+

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

My Catleap (not 120hz) was relegated to my second monitor when I got my new PC last year. The biggest issue with is the dual-link DVI is not a thing standard graphics cards have anymore. A buddy of mine was able to give me one of those active display port to dual link DVI adaptors, but it isn't perfect, I wouldn't pay E100 for the adaptor. (for some reason starting netflix or amazon prime video causes it to go haywire)

My wife will be taking my old PC and I'll probably end up giving her the catleap and buying a different second monitor for myself

That sucks, never considered it. my latest upgrade was to a 1070 and that had the connector.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,164 ✭✭✭✭ED E

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    You can get big 1440p 75Hz for ~€250: https://skinflint.co.uk/?cmp=1831967&cmp=2151484&cmp=2193258

But for guaranteed 120Hz+ you're looking at low-end IPS or mid-range VA panels for €350+

Niice.

Not really bothered with 120Hz, its mostly media + AoE2DE at the moment.

Advertisement