Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yamakasi Catleap monitor club.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Was thinking this myself it might just be the prime thing^^
    You might just have used a seller that doesnt deliver to ireland, still a very good price for it

Gulp is right..... €263:(

If the solution to my monitor problem isn a fairly easy fix im gonna look to send it back.

In my case though it looks like a fault rather than blb/dead pixels so I reckon I can use the 1 year guarantee. Hopefully its just an easy fix though, as I am happy enough with the monitor.
    Also im glad I had still left no feedback for the seller, have that over them now hopefully
    Thanks for the info:)

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭dark_jedi_ire

That would make more Sense indeed (but Im not paying any yearly sub if thats what yeh Mean :-) possibly they are )

Wasnt aware of Prime sellers on amazon, have only been using it PC gear for only a month

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Dell-UltraSharp-U2713HM-Widescreen-DisplayPort/dp/B0038JEINA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1382540553&sr=8-1&keywords=dell+27%22+2560x1440

That would make more Sense indeed (but Im not paying any yearly sub if thats what yeh Mean :-) possibly they are )

Wasnt aware of Prime sellers on amazon, have only been using it PC gear for only a month

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Dell-UltraSharp-U2713HM-Widescreen-DisplayPort/dp/B0038JEINA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1382540553&sr=8-1&keywords=dell+27%22+2560x1440

Ye in that case Prime is written like that to show its eligeble for next day delivery if you use prime.

Did you pay £409 or £419? The £419 price is order filled by amazon and should come with free super saver delivery, leaving no need for parcel motel?

Not too familiar with all that myself either!! I tend to just order from amazon not 3rd party sellers and use super saver delivery

mine was £405 ish I think at the start of the Month when I ordered it, (looks like it has gone up)and it was free Shipping anywhere in UK only, due to its weight, it was not Allowed ship to Republic,, Which is stupid as I got it Delivered to Antrim,,, go figure

But I would go with the Prime 419 if you could get it cheaper, whatever company/companies that pay for this Prime label, have been excellent so far for me ...

I tend to just order from amazon not 3rd party sellers and use super saver delivery
    Likwise on Books and DVD`s etc, but first time (well this was fourth) using this system and its work out excellent,

Ha, its gone up to £429 from £419 in the last half hour!!

• Advertisement

0_0 Holy shiz, it has too,, WTF....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,437 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Lads anyone have any of these Catleap type monitors fail over time? I bought a Crossover Q27LED off a lad on boards who was heading to austrailia back in June but just in the last week or two I've noticed intermittent flicker in the top section of screen and then it rights itself, I reckon some board in it is about to fail, in the coming weeks! So my question is anyone have similar issues?

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭Bepolite

Lads anyone have any of these Catleap type monitors fail over time? I bought a Crossover Q27LED off a lad on boards who was heading to austrailia back in June but just in the last week or two I've noticed intermittent flicker in the top section of screen and then it rights itself, I reckon some board in it is about to fail, in the coming weeks! So my question is anyone have similar issues?

Thanks

When I first got mine I had the occasional 'interference'. After some jiggling about I've put it down to the supplied cable which is crap. It's doing the job now though to be fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Redisle

Hi folks,

Bit of a longshot here.. would anyone happen to have the original packaging for a Shiminan QH270 in Cork? I would be willing to collect and pay €10 for it! I stupidly threw out my box thinking I'd never need it again but have since moved to the UK and want to ship the monitor over!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭Danger781

My QNIX is refusing to power on this morning :-( The light on the power brick is green so that is receiving power, but the monitor isn't.. My computer won't even recognise that I have a second monitor plugged in... Feck sake.. :-(

What do?

• Advertisement

Anyone in Cork (I'm in Ballincollig) have one of these monitors, and would be so kind as to let me borrow their power brick for a little while? My power brick is receiving power since the green LED is lighting on it, but the monitor is not. If I could at least rule out the power brick it would help.

Any joy danger?
    I know they sell the power bricks for them on ebay.

If that fails you still under warranty?

EoinHef wrote: »
    Any joy danger?
    I know they sell the power bricks for them on ebay.

If that fails you still under warranty?

No, nothing so far. I haven't been able to rule out the power brick or the monitor. The only power brick I have in the house is the laptop, and it doesn't quite fit properly. It sticks out at the end a small bit.

Tried charging the laptop with the QNIX brick and no joy there, but that could be down to the size issues.

Yeah I only bought it during the summer so it's not even 6 months old yet..

Im in dublin so no use to you on the powerbrick front:(

Is the power light on the monitor coming on at all?

EoinHef wrote: »
    Im in dublin so no use to you on the powerbrick front:(

Is the power light on the monitor coming on at all?

No, no light whatsoever. The only light is on the power brick. I can't think of any way to test either the monitor or power brick. :/

It's just weird that it was working at 3:30 last night, but not at 11:30 this morning.. What could have happened over those 8 hours? :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

Danger781 wrote: »
    No, no light whatsoever. The only light is on the power brick. I can't think of any way to test either the monitor or power brick. :/

It's just weird that it was working at 3:30 last night, but not at 11:30 this morning.. What could have happened over those 8 hours? :(

Surge maybe?:confused:

Yeah unless its the internal board of the monitor. They dont seem to be installed that well. Could open it up and have a little look, but maybe should get in contact with the seller first and see what they say.
    With a bit of luck might just be the power brick though. Loads of reports of them going.

Overclockers.net have some good resources about these monitors.
    Maybe start a thread there aswell

Yeah I have contacted accessorieswhole. Just waiting on a reply, but realistically I don't expect one until middle of the week.

Might have a look at overclockers, thanks :)

Well I was wrong about accessorieswhole. They are insanely quick at replying!

I've been asked to test the power brick, but as I do not own any other devices that use a power brick that isn't really an option at the moment. This is where one you legendary boardsies could come in handy! ;) On the off chance that anyone living near me has one of these monitors I would much appreciate your assistance!

Otherwise I've been asked to record a video of me trying to turn on the monitor, and showing the status of the power brick.

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Aka Ishur

Where are ya in cork danger?

• Advertisement

Aka Ishur wrote: »
    Where are ya in cork danger?

Living in Ballincollig, and in college in UCC..

Tried charging the laptop with the QNIX brick and no joy there, but that could be down to the size issues.

Don't do that unless the voltage is identical, you will damage your laptop.

Never swap one power brick for another without checking the voltage and current rating. Voltage should be identical and current rating should be the same or higher.

Don't do that unless the voltage is identical, you will damage your laptop.

Never swap one power brick for another without checking the voltage and current rating. Voltage should be identical and current rating should be the same or higher.

I thought of that - To be honest I wouldn't have cared if it exploded there and then since it's never used :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭raymix

here's my 2c on that topic:
    local maplin store should have cheap €10 multimeters for testing purposes. Everyone should have one at home, such a good tool.
    Anyway, since the light comes up and stays, that rules out integrated fuse and possibly bridge rectifier.. what does that leave us with? Caps (and ton of resistors, which doesn't really blow that easily). If brick is using caps rated lower than 105C, this could easily be the problem, I am reading these power bricks tend to heat up quite a lot, also caps are cheap and easy to replace. Safety first ofcourse, discharge old caps or you can get shocked.
    I don't know prices, but any local electrician should be able to fix it for you in a matter of minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,437 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

It's never a good idea to open up and mess around with power bricks!

I have no intention of opening it up.. :-)

However I may ask around to see if I know any electricians who'd be willing to have a look at it. Seems like the easiest option for now. I am not near a Maplins and due to college won't be able to get out to one. I could send my Dad I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭imitation

I have no intention of opening it up.. :-)

However I may ask around to see if I know any electricians who'd be willing to have a look at it. Seems like the easiest option for now. I am not near a Maplins and due to college won't be able to get out to one. I could send my Dad I guess.

Drop it into the electronics dept and offer a pint, surely somebody would have a look with multimeter then !

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Adam Walsh

Hey so you guys know anyway to reduce or get rid of customs?? Thanks in advance :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

Sorry to go off topic here but I have read through this thread and was full set on getting one of these panels until I saw some of the problems people are having. I am torn between a Dell UltraSharp U2412M - or one of these panels. I know there is a considerable size difference but would anyone recommend one over the other, even with bleed would the I get a much better experience from a QNIX playing games like BF4 , I currently have a GTX 660 2048MB installed and only have a 21" cheapo HP so the 24" would be a massive step up.

I am a Hardware engineer so opening up the screen wouldn't be to daunting , just looking for some opinions.

Thanks

• Advertisement

I had a post a few pages back with an issue with my screen, but to be honest im not sure if it was because of an unstable overclock or a fault with the panel. Thats why I was asking for help.

Have not had any issues since, so im putting it down to a crash due to an unstable overclock.

I would say that depending on what games you play you may have to upgrade your gpu or go sli if you got the qnix.
    1440p is quite demanding on the graphics front.

Games like Arma, Far Cry 3, Crysis 3, BF 4 I was only able to run at medium with no AA with one card to get 60fps,I had a 7950 with a decent overclock on it.
    Added a second card and now with a mix of high-ultra settings and low AA I can get 60fps.

I do have both cards overclocked for that aswell though, just something to think about if you do go 1440p.

Currently im looking to sell my Qnix though to get a Dell. Id love to keep both but cant afford or justify doing that. The lack of no other connections other that dvi is annoying me, didnt think it would!! Ill be getting a PS4 and want to use the screen for that aswell.
    You can get qnix models with more connections though.
    If your strictly PC this wouldnt matter to you.

I cant say what the Dell is like in comparison as I have to sell Qnix before I can get it

Advertisement