Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yamakasi Catleap monitor club.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭Danger781

The replacement motherboard arrived today.

FedEx were way off on their estimate! The estimated delivery was Monday evening at 6pm.. It arrived this morning at 11:20..

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭raymix

Danger781 wrote: »
    The replacement motherboard arrived today.

FedEx were way off on their estimate! The estimated delivery was Monday evening at 6pm.. It arrived this morning at 11:20..

How did the "surgery" go? :)

raymix wrote: »
    How did the "surgery" go? :)

Haven't attempted it yet. More than likely won't get a chance until Sunday evening.

Gonna convince the girlfriend to give me a hand when she finishes work Sunday night :pac:

IiagKgIl.jpg

Curiosity got the better of me.

I expected it to be bigger!

EDIT: I'm always impressed at the speed and efficiency of FedEx.

Package was picked up from Bucheon-Si, South Korea at 8am on Wednesday morning, and it got to my door at 11am today. 51 hours total. Damn.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 rob_itb

Luck100 wrote: »
    The first review on Amazon is miles long with lots of info. Seems like it does 120 Hz but only at 1080p. At 4K resolution you're stuck with 30 Hz.

And, it overclocks.

comprehensive review: http://www.overclock.net/products/skyworth-39e780u-uhd-tv/reviews/6071

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

That's pretty damn good for the money. How does 1080p and 1440p content look on it though?

Surgery complete and monitor working again :-D

Good man, bet it wasn't as difficult as you thought it'll be :)

• Registered Users Posts: 53,916 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Danger781 wrote: »
    Surgery complete and monitor working again :-D

Fair play. Bet ya enjoyed it

raymix wrote: »
    Good man, bet it wasn't as difficult as you thought it'll be :)

Quite the opposite actually! Some of the connections were incredibly difficult to disconnect from the board. I ended up getting so frustrated at two of them..

c4eu.png

Yellow - No hassle. Came out pretty easy.

Blue - Caused me a bit of trouble at first, but after getting the first one off the other were a bit easier.

Red - Fecking things refused to budge. I reckon I probably spent close to 30 minutes trying to yank them off the board. Turns you really need to wiggle it back and forth. Took a lot more force than I felt would be necessary.

Getting the bezel off wasn't easy either :p
    Headshot wrote: »
    Fair play. Bet ya enjoyed it

It wasn't so bad overall. Had the girlfriend helping me so at least I could vent my frustration :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,476 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Good man any noticeable damage on the board you took out e.g.. burnt looking components?

Nope!

Nothing stands out to me anyway: http://i.imgur.com/kVyOEvf.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

Lads, who would you recommend getting one of these epic monitors from at this point? Which seller has the worse failure rate?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭dwighet

kyub wrote: »
    Lads, who would you recommend getting one of these epic monitors from at this point? Which seller has the worse failure rate?

I got mine from Greensum....
    Just the tiniest of bleed but its unnoticeable..Also no dead pixels..
    I am very happy with it..
    Delivery was only 4 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭vard

Also got mine from greensum. Over a year ago now. No defects and no dead pixels as far as I can see. Didn't get the perfect pixel model. Have had no issues!

green-sum appears to be selling both Yamakasi and Qnix monitors. Hmm, they're also selling Crossover and X-Star. Now I'm confused... Which one did you guys go for, and what are the differences??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭SterlingArcher

Rob2D wrote: »
    Y'know if I wasn't buying a PS4 next week I'd nearly buy this just to see what it looks like.

Pfffft forget that ps4 ,Xbox one is only 500 euro and out now. You can dump your gf/bf as this will look after you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭dwighet

green-sum appears to be selling both Yamakasi and Qnix monitors. Hmm, they're also selling Crossover and X-Star. Now I'm confused... Which one did you guys go for, and what are the differences??

Qnix....it can easily be overclocked to 120 hz.

dwighet wrote: »
    Qnix....it can easily be overclocked to 120 hz.

Cheers! Any idea why there's a price different even though these appear to be the same model?

★Free Express★ New QNIX QX2710 LED EvolutionⅡ 27" PLS Computer Monitor *Matte

New QNIX QX2710 LED Evolution Ⅱ 2 27" 2560x1440 WQHD Samsung PLS Monitor

*EDIT* Never mind, I think the 2nd one is a mistake. The 'Item Specifics' actually refer to it as a Crossover monitor.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

second one is a qnix, it's just a glossy one, which you dont want probably anyway

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 141 ✭✭BeerFear

How long does it take for Qnix to deliver? Ordered today. Any chance I'd have it by Friday?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Could do yeah, mine only took 2 days

• Site Banned Posts: 141 ✭✭BeerFear

Could do yeah, mine only took 2 days

Nice!! How much will customs charge? They must deliver by airmail

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Between €40-60 from what ive seen. Would depend what value the seller attaches to the parcel though.

Mine was marked €200 and I got a tax bill a few weeks later of €48

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭imitation

I tried a spot of overclocking on my QNIX, fortunately it works at the full 120hz without any frame skips, there are some slight annoying side effects though.

Its noticeably darker, you'll have to adjust your brightness and colours to match. I use flux to reduce eyestrain, it became too dark in many games. However its a case of a adjustment really to fix, its still perfectly usable, but is definety less vibrant.

The overclock seems to have some issues with a few games and applications (videos skipping at 96hz, some applications refusing to launch) in windows, these issues I never really had with a native 120hz screen.

I have dropped back to 60hz for the moment, as the only game I can run at full tilt 120fps at 1440 is WoW, but its nice to be able to put it back up for some eyeball butter.

Quick question - why do you deliberately want 120Hz, is there an actual visual difference between 75-90-100-110-120-144 Hz ranges?
    So far I am under impression that anything is better than 60Hz, but it could be my bad monitor ghosting and tearing like crazy, vsync or not.

Just plugged mine in, haven't used it in a while due to a move. Thing went up in smoke. Distinct smell of burning electricals... powers up, but no picture. Looks like I'll need to get it repaired. I bought over a year ago from Greensum. I can't imagine it would be worth the hassle of going through them for a repair? What's the chance of getting it done in Dublin - any pointers? Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭AntDub

vard wrote: »
    Just plugged mine in, haven't used it in a while due to a move. Thing went up in smoke. Distinct smell of burning electricals... powers up, but no picture. Looks like I'll need to get it repaired. I bought over a year ago from Greensum. I can't imagine it would be worth the hassle of going through them for a repair? What's the chance of getting it done in Dublin - any pointers? Thanks!

If you don't find anyone that can fix let me know, someone I know might be interested in it for parts, at least you'll get something for it.

Good luck finding someone though.

AntDub wrote: »
    If you don't find anyone that can fix let me know, someone I know might be interested in it for parts, at least you'll get something for it.

Good luck finding someone though.

Thanks for that. I was half thinking of going that route... I'll see if I can fix something up, if I don't manage I'll give you a shout!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

Just received my QNIX QX2710 LED Evolution ll, great colors and resolution, no bleeding or dead pixels as far as I can see. Unfortunately I don't seem to be able to get anything more than 60hz with CRU, unless I am doing something wrong.

Advertisement