Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yamakasi Catleap monitor club.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭Gotham

bennyc wrote: »
    I am torn between a Dell UltraSharp U2412M

A guy I work with bought one of those DELLs. He returned it due to coil whine and a bit of discolouration. They replaced it with another screen that had more discolouration and less coil whine. He went DELL because he didn't trust the Korean models. I guess overall its just luck of the draw.

EDIT:
    After seeing EoinHef's post below, I can confirm that I was talking about the 1440p monitor (2713HM).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭EoinHef

That dell is not 1440p(U2412M),I woupd not go back to 1080p for gaming on pc now after having 1440p even for a widescreen model

The dell I was reffering to getting is the 2713HM which is 1440p.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭dark_jedi_ire

Am using the Dell 2713HM and its awesome,, (expensive but awesome) :-)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,684 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

EoinHef wrote: »
    That dell is not 1440p(U2412M),I woupd not go back to 1080p for gaming on pc now after having 1440p even for a widescreen model

The dell I was reffering to getting is the 2713HM which is 1440p.

U2412M is not 1080 its 1920X1200

Sorry to go off topic here but I have read through this thread and was full set on getting one of these panels until I saw some of the problems people are having. I am torn between a Dell UltraSharp U2412M - or one of these panels. I know there is a considerable size difference but would anyone recommend one over the other, even with bleed would the I get a much better experience from a QNIX playing games like BF4 , I currently have a GTX 660 2048MB installed and only have a 21" cheapo HP so the 24" would be a massive step up.

I am a Hardware engineer so opening up the screen wouldn't be to daunting , just looking for some opinions.

Thanks

I had both side by side and trust me the Dell U2412M looks far better in every way.
    Thought it was just me so had a number of people to take a look and all agreed, plus input lag was noticeable on the Catleap but not on the Dell.

Yeah thats why I said a widescreen model aswell, my point was more about it not being 1440p

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

bennyc wrote: »
    Sorry to go off topic here but I have read through this thread and was full set on getting one of these panels until I saw some of the problems people are having. I am torn between a Dell UltraSharp U2412M - or one of these panels. I know there is a considerable size difference but would anyone recommend one over the other, even with bleed would the I get a much better experience from a QNIX playing games like BF4 , I currently have a GTX 660 2048MB installed and only have a 21" cheapo HP so the 24" would be a massive step up.

I am a Hardware engineer so opening up the screen wouldn't be to daunting , just looking for some opinions.

Thanks
    You only really hear from people with complaints. 99% of people have a great experience. Mine is literally perfect, and better than my official LG monitor and equal/better than any of the dell monitors in work imo u23/24. Not seen a u27. I could buy 2 of them for the same price as the u27. As for size, there is no way I'd go back to a smaller screen 23/24 inches and certainly wouldn't want a lower resolution.

I have a 27" 1440p 120hz screen with fantastic colours and finish for 270 euro, that's amazing. Don't notice any input lag and I am a gamer with a gaming monitor that has 0 input lag.

Ye I have zero complaints about the qnix either bar the terrible stand, its just the extra connectivity I want with the dell.

Also if the stand was an issue im think achieva shimians have a better stand and dont cost much more

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

You can get versions with more connectors, depending on what you want, as far as I know? As for the stand I hate all stands, when you can just get a desk arm for cheap :) I still haven't bothered yet, I hate that most stands are so low. I was going to get an achieva shimian before I spotted this monitor, main swaying point is better contrast, more colour vibrancy, better matte coating, PLS vs IPS, and overclocking. Stock stand would be better on all of these, like the crossover one.

I'd like something like
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/VonHaus-Monitor-Bracket-Rotation-Pull-Out/dp/B00DW8MGVI/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1383841830&sr=8-2&keywords=monitor++desk
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/MDM11S-Single-Monitor-Bracket-Pull-Out/dp/B001BSDVW4/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1383841924&sr=8-3&keywords=monitor+desk+mount
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B001H2TODY/ref=noref?ie=UTF8&psc=1&s=computers

You can get the qnix with more connections but they dont overclock.

I was considering one but the no overclock kinda ruins one of the best things about these monitors for me.

If I do keep the qnix (not much movement on my adverts ad, and im not gonna take feck all for it)ill definitely be purchasing a mount. The thing that annoys me most about the stand is the lack of forward and back tilt,I can deal with the wonkiness other than that

Oh if it doesnt OC that's pretty lame, great feature.
    My one tilts forward and back, are you sure yours doesn't? it was very tight at first.

• Advertisement

Ill have to check that when I get home,I didnt want to apply to much pressure to an already weak stand, if it does ill be disgusted with myself :red face:

Ye I think its to do with the scaler on the dport models that stops the overclocking ability on them models:(

It was quite difficult at first but on product pages you can see "tilt-stand". I didnt know about ti and gf went to town assumingit could tilt, it did tilt thank god :D
    It really improves things.

Ah jasus im a banger:( It annoys me because the main light in the room its in shines directly on it when viewed from a bit back, up close I cant see it but can when I sit back to watch a video or something.

279263.jpg

You can see it in the middle at the top, goes more to the centre of the screen further back you go

jaysus that looks annoying, i'd tilt it if I were you :pac:

jaysus that looks annoying, i'd tilt it if I were you :pac:

Home now, monitor tilted:)

Great, unfortunate to put up with that for so long haha.

Great, unfortunate to put up with that for so long haha.

Ha I know,I have it 2 months!! Was so stiff though. Get a chance to try it later:)
    Cheers for the heads up

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Adam Walsh

anybody who got a korean monitor shipped to ireland which seller did you use and did he under value?? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭Danger781

Adam Walsh wrote: »
    anybody who got a korean monitor shipped to ireland which seller did you use and did he under value?? :)

accessorieswhole and he valued it at €200

I went with him because he had the best dead pixel policy at the time. Dealing with him now due to an issue with my monitor and he seems really helpful, and is very fast to respond.

Would recommend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭imitation

After seeing Dark Jedi got a full refund - I would be more inclined to go again with the QNIX or catleap, I was actually prepared to take the risk I would get nothing if I had a dodgy screen when I got mine. Of course there is still the annoyance of having to return it, but considering that 5% of many electronics fail anyway, its probaby worth it.

• Advertisement

Danger781 wrote: »
    My QNIX is refusing to power on this morning :-( The light on the power brick is green so that is receiving power, but the monitor isn't.. My computer won't even recognise that I have a second monitor plugged in... Feck sake.. :-(

What do?

Slight update to this:

1. accessorieswhole has been very quick to respond to all my messages so far. First he requested that I test another power adaptor with the monitor, but after informing him that I did not own another adaptor, he requested that I create a video showing the state of the monitor LED, and the adapter LED. After sending this video to him, he sent the exact same email as the first one where he requested I check another adapter. Once again, informed him that I do not own another adapter, and do not intend on buying one. Waiting on a response.

2. I've had my power block tested by a friend with a voltmeter and it is indeed outputting the required 12 volts. However I was unable to have the current tested as it would have required special tools that he did not have access to. Still, doesn't look good for the monitor.

3. My cousin is an electrician and I've sent him a facebook message explaining what happened so I'm waiting to see what he says

Once again, if anyone living near Ballincollig / Cork City has a power adapter I could borrow just to test with my monitor, it would be much appreciated. I can guarantee to have it back to you ASAP. It would also be super awesome if you could take my adapter and test it with your monitor. Just to be sure it doesn't power yours.

Is it not just a kettle lead?

Mine is like a laptop power lead. Kettle lead-power brick-lead into back of monitor.
    Like the pic below

That must be the smallest pic ever, sorry on phone:(

Yeah, exactly what EoinHef said.

It's like a laptop charger at the end, but the connection is shorter than any laptop one I've come across.

Ah I see, couldn't see it way under the desk :D

So, apprently accessorieswhole doesn't work weekends.. Haven't heard anything from him since yesterday morning :(

Danger781 wrote: »
    So, apprently accessorieswhole doesn't work weekends.. Haven't heard anything from him since yesterday morning :(

Any word from them man?

Also does anybody know if the dell 2713hm come with the relevant dvi cable for 1440?

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭dark_jedi_ire

Mine did, so Yes for 1440

Comes with Power, DL DVI, VGA and a USB cable for the side and back of the monitor USB ports.

Hello again,

Just an update, I had the power brick tested with a volt meter and it is indeed outputting the required 12 volts.

Regards,

Luke
    Hi

Sorry for the late response due to the weekend.
    We will contact Qnix engineer to check the issue and reply to you.

We will contact you again.
    Thank you.
    Hello,

Can you please mark this as urgent? I am now 8 days without my monitor and am getting frustrated. I want to be as cooperative as possible but I am beginning to lose patience.

Regards.
    Hi

Thank you.
    We will solve this issue as soon as possible for you.

I'm growing tired of this..

• Advertisement

It does sound frustrating,most of the forums that ive read up on about these monitors highlight the issue with returning the monitors being overly contracted. From what i read though most people with issues like yourself,rather than BLB or dead pixels,end up getting a full refund.

So will hopefully end up with a happy resolution for you,hang in there!!

Do you have any monitors to use in the mean time?

Advertisement