Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yamakasi Catleap monitor club.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭Danger781

EoinHef wrote: »
    It does sound frustrating,most of the forums that ive read up on about these monitors highlight the issue with returning the monitors being overly contracted. From what i read though most people with issues like yourself,rather than BLB or dead pixels,end up getting a full refund.

So will hopefully end up with a happy resolution for you,hang in there!!

Do you have any monitors to use in the mean time?

Wireless keyboard, wireless mouse, and my couch with my 32" TV..

Absolutiely awful for any form of gaming, but for general browsing and college work it's grand..

It does sound frustrating,most of the forums that ive read up on about these monitors highlight the issue with returning the monitors being overly contracted. From what i read though most people with issues like yourself,rather than BLB or dead pixels,end up getting a full refund.

So will hopefully end up with a happy resolution for you,hang in there!!

Do you have any monitors to use in the mean time?

As for the people that availed of the refund, were they required to send back the monitor?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Danger781 wrote: »
    As for the people that availed of the refund, were they required to send back the monitor?

Not from what ive read, dark-jedi on this thread had an issue with his monitor and he didnt have to pay delivery back, it was picked up by fedex.

But, he may have not had the same seller as you, so this could vary. Also the one I saw on OC.net didnt have to ship it back, also picked up. Id say if you wanted to send it back for blb, dead pixels they would make you pay but your problem is not related to that. Although dark-jedis problem was blb, it was very very excessive though.

Not sure how the import duty works, that may be able to be claimed back if you got a refund

Hi

Sorry for the late response.
    We received response from Qnix today.
    Qnix engineer says the board inside the monitor is defective.
    If we send a new one to you, would you try to replace it?

We will wait for your response.
    Thank you.

I really do not want to open it up and fiddle with the components.

Time to request a replacement / refund me thinks..

• Registered Users Posts: 53,907 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

man if it was me id love to have a go at fixing it but thats just me

• Advertisement

Headshot wrote: »
    man if it was me id love to have a go at fixing it but thats just me

I understand where you're coming from Headshot, but my fear is that if something goes wrong while I'm doing the work, then my warranty may well become void.

I'd then be stuck with some components and a plastic case, rather than a monitor! Don't want to end up in that situation! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭dark_jedi_ire

Not so, Danger781, I was asked by accessorieswhole to attempt a fix by removing everything and trying the fix they supplied,, I informed them I wasnt happy with this and blah blah ham it up, but that I will Reluctently attempt there fix, ( kept saying to them that it was a manufacturing fault etc) after the Sh1t hit the Fan and the screen broke, and let them have it and they sent fedex to pick it up and returned it to south Korea for a loosk see themselves and I got a full Refund,

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

have a u27 to compare to the qnix now, just unwrapped.

have a u27 to compare to the qnix now, just unwrapped.

Sweet man,let us know how you get on. Make sure it has tilt:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭raymix

Danger781 wrote: »
    I understand where you're coming from Headshot, but my fear is that if something goes wrong while I'm doing the work, then my warranty may well become void.

I'd then be stuck with some components and a plastic case, rather than a monitor! Don't want to end up in that situation! ;)
    to be honest all you need for a job is a screwdriver, plus you can't void it if they are suggesting it, can you?
    Gonna give it a wild guess - since power brick is outside, there are no dangerous caps inside that could shock you, so makes it even easier.
    That'd leave us at one single tiny and easy to fix problem - static.

Right? Anyone?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Sweet man,let us know how you get on. Make sure it has tilt:pac:

The stand is unreal, great tiltage on it. Not used the screen itself much yet just the tilting :pac:

The stand is unreal, great tiltage on it. Not used the screen itself much yet just the tilting :pac:

You should take a few months to get used to the tiltage, possibly 2. You could face the screen at the ceiling in the mean time :D

It's getting tedious getting one email per day.

So the seller has now left me with 3 options..

1. He will send me the replacement component and I'll have to install it myself. Really don't feel comfortable doing this but he is sending me pictures of the process.

2. I can pay the shipping fees to send it back to Korea to receive a full refund on the monitor. After a quick calculation on fedex it will cost me approximately roughly €160 to send it back. Yeah, no.

3. A replacement monitor, if I can pay the shipping fees to send my monitor back, AND pay the shipping fees for him to send a new monitor to me.

Apparently he has a '3 month rule' where if you have the monitor longer than 3 months shipping is your responsibility. I certainly won't be recommending accessorieswhole again if this is the level of support you can expect. :(

Have you left them feedback on ebay yet?

The threat of negative feedback may spur them to be a bit more sympathetic

Have you left them feedback on ebay yet?

The threat of negative feedback may spur them to be a bit more sympathetic

I have not, but if I'm not mistaken you can only leave feedback within 60 days of purchase.

On a separate note, this monitor looks really really nice.. :eek:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/111099925819

2735AMG_01.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Ooh nice. Does it come in matte though? :)

Danger, out of interest, was it you that got the panel with the extra connectors - displayport etc?

Monotype wrote: »
    Ooh nice. Does it come in matte though? :)

Danger, out of interest, was it you that got the panel with the extra connectors - displayport etc?

Yep, that was me. Very much regret it to be honest, as the only connection I'm using is the DVI connection. I figured the extra ports may be handy for plugging in my PS3, or a media player, or something along those lines but I have no intention of doing that any time soon. On top of that, the lack of overclockability (is that a word?).

To add to my problems - I ordered a QNIX, but I got a XStar. The serial number corresponds to a QNIX QX2710, but everything else about it is completely XStar.

If I end up sending back the monitor, then between the extra cost of the monitor, the added VAT expenses, and the cost of sending it back, I'd be getting pretty damn close to the cost of a reputable brand.

Rough estimation:
    Monitor €290
    VAT €48
    ~€340

If I have to send it back, I am assuming it will be >€50 so we're suddenly starting to hit €400. If I want a replacement monitor I also pay shipping for that, so add another €50 on to that. Suddenly hitting €450, assuming no extra VAT charges.

A DELL would have been, what, €500?

why would you pay the shipping for a replacement?
    dell is 540e

my qnix was 270e delivered, way I worked it was if that didnt work and I returned it it would still cost less to return one by a good bit and with most working fine it would be unlucky to return at all. Also have the choice of a complete refund. which would jsut leave me out like 50e is it? or how much is the cheapest return? (also so somebody got a free return? Jedi?)

• Advertisement

why would you pay the shipping for a replacement?
    dell is 540e

my qnix was 270e delivered, way I worked it was if that didnt work and I returned it it would still cost less to return one by a good bit and with most working fine it would be unlucky to return at all. Also have the choice of a complete refund. which would jsut leave me out like 50e is it? or how much is the cheapest return? (also so somebody got a free return? Jedi?)

acessorieswhole told me I need to cover postage both ways.

thats the first time ive heard of that, something id definitely check in the future before buying now
    wouldnt deal with them now

Okay, he has sent me pictures of the process for opening the monitor. It's getting so tedious sending one email back and forth per day... :mad:

rcLlyt7.jpg

I'm assuming I unscrew that metal looking thing, unplug all connections from the board, pop in the new board, and rescrew down the metal thing. All the while holding the panel with my other hand? :confused:

As for accessorieswhole, I don't think I will be purchasing from them again. I will certainly not feel comfortable recommending them to anyone here again, that much is for sure. Just from browsing eBay the seller storewithstory seems very reasonable.

They seem to be one of the cheapest around. Up to 5 dead pixels. They pay all shipping fees, even for repairs. They check for serious light bleed before shipping.

Something else I noticed while looking. accessorieswhole does not highlight his returns policy in any of his ads, while most other sellers do. Wish I had spotted that first time round.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭raymix

Yup, that's the one. Be extra careful with cable that's connected to LCD panel, they are kinda fragile, no rush. You will probably need a helping hand unplugging few cables at the very start and when putting it all back, but the process will be pretty straight forward.
    Best of luck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭imitation

Sit down and watch all this dudes videos, they give an excellent description on how to open it. http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1g_I0oQEneO4fZDMnTTJiw/videos

Its not hard, but if you do things the wrong way you risk giving delicate cables a tug etc. His videos will give you the best guide to opening them.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rob2D

I bought the display port model and I must say I think its worth it.

I started off using DVI but I recently changed to display port and noticed an immediate jump in quality. Also had to plug my consoles into the monitor one day so the HDMI came in handy.

IMO overclocking the monitor is a waste of time. When are you ever going to get that kind of FPS in a game? I have a 4470k, 16GB ram and a 7990 all running a mild overclock and I'm only getting 45-70fps in Batman and BF4. Plus if its an older game that you're really destroying then you'll probably be getting more than 120fps anyway so you'll still have a problem.

60Hz should be just fine for everyone and the extra connectivity is way more useful. Just my two cents....

Would you recommend getting a display port cable?

Rob2D wrote: »
    I bought the display port model and I must say I think its worth it.

I started off using DVI but I recently changed to display port and noticed an immediate jump in quality. Also had to plug my consoles into the monitor one day so the HDMI came in handy.

IMO overclocking the monitor is a waste of time. When are you ever going to get that kind of FPS in a game? I have a 4470k, 16GB ram and a 7990 all running a mild overclock and I'm only getting 45-70fps in Batman and BF4. Plus if its an older game that you're really destroying then you'll probably be getting more than 120fps anyway so you'll still have a problem.

60Hz should be just fine for everyone and the extra connectivity is way more useful. Just my two cents....
    120hz is for fps gaming like csgo where it makes a difference competitively, it also just feels much smoother. Ye have to have a good pc all right.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Adam Walsh

Guys from all your experiences combined which seller do you believe I should go with?? AC is given a good and bad rep here so I dunno which to pick .. :|

• Advertisement

Green sum were perfect for me

Advertisement