Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

They don't even pay road tax Joe. **Off topic thread**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Buzwaldo

Was out for a quiet spin this morning when this guy shot past me on a climb. Ok so I'm not the best climber, but on the next rise, same guy passes me again.
    When he passed me on the third climb, without me remembering passing him out, I thought what a tosser! Is he taking the piss or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭Dermot Illogical

Buzwaldo wrote: »
    Was out for a quiet spin this morning when this guy shot past me on a climb. Ok so I'm not the best climber, but on the next rise, same guy passes me again.
    When he passed me on the third climb, without me remembering passing him out, I thought what a tosser! Is he taking the piss or what?

Well. That was unexpected...

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Buzwaldo

Well. That was unexpected...

Sorry. Couldn't resist. Must grow up.

Sorry. Couldn't resist. Must grow up.

Jesus no! There's far too much grown up around here as it is!
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

I feel as though I've really achieved something today. I figured out that the bottle sterilization thingy for the baby takes 3 x 750ml and 1 x 500ml sized of my drinks bottles for the bike. Bye bye to that scummy stuff at the bottom and in the lids! :D

• Advertisement

Lusk_Doyle wrote: »
    I feel as though I've really achieved something today. I figured out that the bottle sterilization thingy for the baby takes 3 x 750ml and 1 x 500ml sized of my drinks bottles for the bike. Bye bye to that scummy stuff at the bottom and in the lids! :D

Yeah but does it make your High 5 taste like gripewater?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 282 ✭✭dedocdude

Lads ye were probably all out for a spin but did any one hear the chap on with Marian Finucane on rte 1 radio this morning - i didnt catch his name or the full interview, but i think he is involved with Kilkenny hurling - (i think) he was arguing along the lines that GAA players should not be subject to dope testing as they are amateur and should their sample return a non-negative finding their job/careers could be needlessly affected by this. Football manager Roddy Collins was also on and mentioned that one of his players at a pervious club had failed a test due to an energy/recovery product that had a trace of something banned on it - didn't hear enough of Roddy to tell if he was in agreement with the other chap or not. There was another girl on - again i am not sure who she is, but she made a good point that for some jobs you might be tested as part of your medical to get the job - this point would go against the guys argument in my opinion.

But It was an interesting POV especially for cycling and more so Irish cycling where amateurism and professionalism regularly meet in competition domestically -

I think the rte player will post a pod cast of the show but cant seem to find it yet to hear the full jist of what the guy had to say

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

Yeah but does it make your High 5 taste like gripewater?

I'll let you know!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭Zyzz

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057065383

Lol'd at the thread title, the OP and the username of the 2nd poster..

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

dedocdude wrote: »
    There was another girl on - again i am not sure who she is, but she made a good point that for some jobs you might be tested as part of your medical to get the job - this point would go against the guys argument in my opinion.

No it wouldn't as a job is professional.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭BofaDeezNuhtz

marko93 wrote: »
    Lads, bit concerned about taking my Trek 1.1 to college. Is there a cheap, say 250-300 quid bike that would be worth getting? Don't mind if it's a fixie. Anything bar Dual Suspension would be grand enough for me.

Here's a list of 80 of them, knock yerself out.
    http://www.adverts.ie/for-sale/sports-fitness/bikes/road-bikes/830/price_200-350/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

Troll award of the day goes to Rok On hehe.gif

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Lusk_Doyle wrote: »

Been there, got the t shirt..

(Ps it shrinks the bottles :o )

Irish woman in The Walking Dead..jesus why is every Irish person portrayed as being from Kerry or Cork :pac:

Zyzz wrote: »
    Irish woman in The Walking Dead..jesus why is every Irish person portrayed as being from Kerry or Cork :pac:

It's just lazy casting. They should have gone to Amiens St for realism.

Finished watching it..she's actually a bit of a Kerry/northsider.. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 24,964 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

dedocdude wrote: »
    Lads ye were probably all out for a spin but did any one hear the chap on with Marian Finucane on rte 1 radio this morning - i didnt catch his name or the full interview, but i think he is involved with Kilkenny hurling ....
    Tadhg Crowley - Kilkenny Team Doctor. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,610 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Zyzz wrote: »
    Finished watching it..she's actually a bit of a Kerry/northsider.. :pac:

There just is no such thing, that's like saying someone's a cool triathlete :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭marko93

Got a bottle cage earlier, now I've no excuse not to go on long cycles

• Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭rollingscone

marko93 wrote: »
    Got a bottle cage earlier, now I've no excuse not to go on long cycles

I've got five or six bottle cages...still find excuses.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 282 ✭✭dedocdude

Tadhg Crowley - Kilkenny Team Doctor. ;)

Yes correct - here it is:
    http://www.rte.ie/radio/utils/radioplayer/rteradioweb.html#!rii=9%3A10208268%3A70%3A20%2D10%2D2013%3A

forward to 44:24

I think he is a bit washy on his reasons for this opinion but overall seems to be coming down on the side of a player taking something recreational rather than PE and how it will affect his life as well as his paying career

Some interesting quotes form it include:

"Why are we doing it (testing) at all? There have been no positive tests..."

and

"Our athletes are over tested"

• Registered Users Posts: 8,059 ✭✭✭buffalo

• Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭rollingscone

buffalo wrote: »

Speaking as a complete cycling Naif and only knowing the guys name from the generally affectionate mentions of him around here (Not party bus affectionate...) it seems like a nice piece.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

Speaking as a complete cycling Naif and only knowing the guys name from the generally affectionate mentions of him around here (Not party bus affectionate...) it seems like a nice piece.

I met him after a flight back from Donegal once and he is most definitely an extremely nice guy... then again, everyone from Donegal is.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

Sempe1962-2-940x700.jpg

Sempe1962-3-940x708.jpg

Sempe1962-4-940x719.jpg

Sempe1962-5-940x741.jpg

Sempe1962-6-940x771.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭route66

When did Joe become 'Jan', or did I miss something??

It's back to Joe again.

Must be an "in-joke" or something - that I don't get :confused:

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,714 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

route66 wrote: »
    It's back to Joe again.

Must be an "in-joke" or something - that I don't get :confused:
    OK, let me explain - there was so much consternation over the naming of this thread that some posters decided to establish a "rival" off-topic thread. I decided to change the names around a bit and no-one even noticed for two days ...

We've simply changed them back now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,830 ✭✭✭doozerie

I'm changing bike clubs at the moment and it'll probably be a while before I get kit from the club I'm moving to. My wife is already a member there though and offered that if I needed club kit I could borrow hers as it'll likely fit me. She pointed out that I'd then be able to tell people that I wear women's clothing when heading out with the lads at the weekend. I laughed. Until my mascara ran.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭route66

Beasty wrote: »
    OK, let me explain - there was so much consternation over the naming of this thread that some posters decided to establish a "rival" off-topic thread. I decided to change the names around a bit and no-one even noticed for two days ...

Gotcha!

Let the consternation cease - I like Joe ;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Beasty wrote: »

Troll ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement