Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

They don't even pay road tax Joe. **Off topic thread**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

Blast from the past..

276425.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭jimm

AstraMonti wrote: »
    Blast from the past..

276425.jpg

"Feck off with that camera, we need to pee"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭Ole Rodrigo

Jaysus, a lot of saddlebags on display.

Must have been before the rules were invented. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭rollingscone

bcmf wrote: »
    parcel motel will give you the English addy

So what's the point of a group order then?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

AstraMonti wrote: »
    Blast from the past..
    LOL, I work(ed) with one of the guys in that photo(he is now in Canada with the same company), when I first joined the company he told me about boards and that is where you look if you want to go for a nice spin on a saturday morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭le petit braquet

Except they're €40 plus mega postage...if I read the thread right the last group buy only made a saving on postage.

If you really, really want one, I have a red one which I have yet to list in my other sale threads, but would be prepared to let go for say 30 yoyos to satisfy your lust for Raphaness. For added Raphaness I also have a red XL LS Jersey with full zip which I purchased from ROK_ON if that would fit.

If you really, really want one, I have a red one which I have yet to list in my other sale threads, but would be prepared to let go for say 30 yoyos to satisfy your lust for Raphaness. For added Raphaness I also have a red XL LS Jersey with full zip which I purchased from ROK_ON if that would fit.

Hi LPB,

I wasn't set on Rapha although it does look like a great bit of kit and that's my budget alright.

Hi LPB,

I wasn't set on Rapha although it does look like a great bit of kit and that's my budget alright.

Well I'm not sure that I should let it go to someone who isn't "set on Rapha", but I'll put up a photo tomorrow and you can decide if it's "you":D and if so it's yours.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭BofaDeezNuhtz

Behold the 'Praying Mantis' bike....like srsly wtf :eek:

http://www.adverts.ie/road-bikes/21-road-bike/3950891

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭Zyzz

I have a 50/34 at the moment, can I just upgrade to a 53 or do I need to go to a 36+ aswel for it to work?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

I will buy that jersey back off of you if you want to put it up for sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

Zyzz wrote: »
    I have a 50/34 at the moment, can I just upgrade to a 53 or do I need to go to a 36+ aswel for it to work?

Knock yourself out, it'll be a big drop to the 34 so you might consider a chain catcher. The rear derailleur will need to accommodate the gap too, but it should work

ROK ON wrote: »
    I will buy that jersey back off of you if you want to put it up for sale.

No problem, but will it still fit you? I assume post Raid etc that you would no longer be an XL, though its a small XL. Anyway would 35 euro be okay if you are interested and its still in excellent condition.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

Pm me where I could collect.
    I have no idea where Glenageary is.
    You said your wife can meet close to town - let me know if that's a runner.
    50 is a fair price - I will put it up on your site.

I can arrange that it will fit :-)
    Very best of luck.

ROK ON wrote: »
    Pm me where I could collect.
    I have no idea where Glenageary is.
    You said your wife can meet close to town - let me know if that's a runner.
    50 is a fair price - I will put it up on your site.

I can arrange that it will fit :-)
    Very best of luck.

If I'm heading out to collect the hat I'll happily lead you there from the city centre.

You can fly out along the N11 as far as Foxrock church then it's only about 15 minutes to Glenageary village.

Thanks for that ROK_ON and your selflessness in being prepared to make the XL jersey fit:D and more seriously for upping the offer. I'll PM you both with collection options.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Behold the 'Praying Mantis' bike....like srsly wtf :eek:

http://www.adverts.ie/road-bikes/21-road-bike/3950891

Gah. Adverts are doing that sh!te app redirect now on mobile. Stick it up your bum adverts!

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Super Freak

On a completely different note.
    Parkinsons sufferer arrested during olympic road race because he did not smile.

I heard this guy being interviewed during the week. An understandable mistake I suppose but a very heavy handed approach but the police involved. Poor guy told the arresting officer about his disease immediately but it fell on deaf ears.

What a terrible disease :(

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,535 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Clontarf cycle track speed limit posts moved here

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Crow92

Brought the bike with me to New Zealand for the year. Unpacked and took it out for a short spin. The journey home from the city center has this 1.5km segment which will cause me great pain for the next few weeks, Especially since the touring bike weighs close to 13kg!

276698.JPG

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭marko93

Lads, bit concerned about taking my Trek 1.1 to college. Is there a cheap, say 250-300 quid bike that would be worth getting? Don't mind if it's a fixie. Anything bar Dual Suspension would be grand enough for me.

Trying to find an interesting route in D15 is proving difficult I must say, but cycling is still great.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

marko93 wrote: »
    Lads, bit concerned about taking my Trek 1.1 to college. Is there a cheap, say 250-300 quid bike that would be worth getting? Don't mind if it's a fixie. Anything bar Dual Suspension would be grand enough for me.

Trying to find an interesting route in D15 is proving difficult I must say, but cycling is still great.

Btwin Triban 5!

Btwin Triban 5!

Quite a bit out of the price I can afford :P

Was honestly thinking something like this,

http://www.adverts.ie/fixies-singlespeed-bikes/new-fixie-gear-urban-bicycle-fixed-bike/3590869

Don't ban me :o

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Peter T

Id stick with something with gears. I use a giant peloton 7000 in and out of college, bought it cheap. Maybe try have a chat with the college about bikes that get left behind every year

Thanks for the advice!

Was looking into throwing an offer on this maybe, but sadly, I really have no idea what I'm looking at specs wise:
    http://www.adverts.ie/road-bikes/road-bike-viking-vision-reynolds-1990-s/3987160

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭bobcranfret

This is an interesting vintage bike but, based on your post, you might be better going for something more recent.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭hueylewis

Well, I'm an idiot. Balanced my bike at lights in a queue of traffic instead of putting my foot down like a sensible person, then didn't consider toe overlap when I went to pedal forward. Hit the front wheel with my toe and got stuck, panicked and fell over like an eejit with dozens of onlookers. No physical damage, but oh god the shame of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭Zyzz

Just saw this absolute eejit try and balance his bike in a queue of traffic but when he went to pedal, his toe hit the front wheel and he fell over. Loads of people saw it happen and laughed :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭Dermot Illogical

Zyzz wrote: »
    Just saw this absolute eejit try and balance his bike in a queue of traffic but when he went to pedal, his toe hit the front wheel and he fell over. Loads of people saw it happen and laughed :pac:

You've heard of karma, right?
    :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Passed the same guy 3 times today, climbing three different hills.

First time I went by, said good morning and about half a km down the road took a wrong turn and doubled back.
    Met the guy again about five minutes later, went by, same deal again, wrong turn, doubled back.
    Met him for a 3rd time in 15 minutes and passed him again.

He wasn't going slow at all but I was absolutely stomping on the pedals so passing him at a fair clip each time, uphill. He must have thought I was deliberately taking the piss.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement