Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

They don't even pay road tax Joe. **Off topic thread**

Options
1328329330331332334»

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

9958!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

I think someone is afraid of "The numb cock".

pXuexzn.jpg

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Back to 9980 posts and 666 pages now

Methinks Beasty is playing games....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭gambeta_fc

Dear baby jesus that's just asking for scratches. A rag will catch and move grit around and damage the paint giving tiny swirls so best of giving a protective layer of something then a good rinse and then go over with a microfiber mitt... I need help, I know this

I also need help, let me know if you find a support group!

My current routine uses two microfibre mitts, start at the top with newer/cleaner one then migrate to a more used mitt for lower down nearer the drive chain and for the wheels. Top mitt eventually picks up some oil, passes its best, gets demoted and the cycle continues. I also go with the two bucket approach when rinsing mitts, can't be cross contaminating with dirty water. After the final hose down there's also a separate microfibre polishing cloth to avoid water marks. Only needed on the easily visible parts of the bike of course, no need to go completely crazy, need to leave some time of course for actually cycling.

Not the greatest idea for someone like me to go for a gloss black finish ... not sure I thought that through. It's impossible to completely avoid scratches if a clean bike is your thing, just need to find the fortitude to accept it. Be strong OP, it does get easier over time, possibly as you approach n+1 ... I'm sure there's an equation for that out there somewhere.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,318 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

RobFowl wrote: »
    Back to 9980 posts and 666 pages now

Methinks Beasty is playing games....
    :confused:

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,318 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

And we're done - new thread will be up and running shortly

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement