Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

They don't even pay road tax Joe. **Off topic thread**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,056 ✭✭✭buffalo

doozerie wrote: »
    I'm changing bike clubs at the moment and it'll probably be a while before I get kit from the club I'm moving to. My wife is already a member there though and offered that if I needed club kit I could borrow hers as it'll likely fit me. She pointed out that I'd then be able to tell people that I wear women's clothing when heading out with the lads at the weekend. I laughed. Until my mascara ran.

I think you'll find that's my wife, at least according to a certain boardsie I met yesterday.

I'll leave him nameless to hide his shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Beasty wrote: »
    OK, let me explain - there was so much consternation over the naming of this thread that some posters decided to establish a "rival" off-topic thread. I decided to change the names around a bit and no-one even noticed for two days ...

We've simply changed them back now.

That which we call The Party Bus by any other name would remain as euro-sexy.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,559 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

buffalo wrote: »
    I think you'll find that's my wife, at least according to a certain boardsie I met yesterday.

I'll leave him nameless to hide his shame.
    You met your wife yesterday - quick work there buffalo ...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Raam wrote: »
    That which we call The Party Bus by any other name would remain as euro-sexy.

As sexy as?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Someone stole my front light today and someone gave out to me tonight for not having one, of course he was right but why steal a light worth SFA?

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,319 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

A guy cycled past me on this the other day. I saw it again later, I just had to take a photo. What ze fcuk? :confused:

6lhu.jpg

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

A guy cycled past me on this the other day. I saw it again later, I just had to take a photo. What ze fcuk? :confused
    I have seen a few bikes with the bars turned like this, all guys going slowly, usually hipsters plus one or two more elderly gents, can't figure it out myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭Dermot Illogical

A guy cycled past me on this the other day. I saw it again later, I just had to take a photo. What ze fcuk? :confused:

It's a viking. With horns.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Believe it or not, that's a new trendy thing Dastardly. Seen quite a few people putting their bars sideways/upside down. Just trying to be different!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,319 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

I'm obviously out of touch with the current trends then :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

I'm obviously out of touch with the current trends then :pac:

I remember seeing that in the 80s. Also by hipsters and college students.
    </age shown = "true" >

• Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭rollingscone

6lhu.jpg

Time for a post images of horror thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,960 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Punctured on the way home from work tonight which is a rarity for me (hit a pothole hidden by flood water). I replaced the tube to discover the valve was too short for the rim depth. The second spare tube was the same.

I've been carrying around two useless tubes for the past year or so! Forced to make the call of shame. Stupid rookie mistake! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

6lhu.jpg

This man also owns a fixie

That is an abomination and I hate to say it but highly impractical

• Registered Users Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

Linking in with the thread title (kinda-ish) I'm doing my Form 11 (online) and oooops something's gone amiss, my liability is €1846........:eek:, back peddle, ah phew, I see my mistake now.........they actually own me money :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 663 ✭✭✭laraghrider

Idleater wrote: »
    I remember seeing that in the 80s. Also by hipsters and college students.
    </age shown = "true" >

I was just about to say that. Was a big thing in the 80's. Not seen it since.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 663 ✭✭✭laraghrider

Nice...

q94OI98.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

Originally posted in the question on cosmic carbone sl thread:
    MOD VOICE: Relax, it was a joke, you multiposted, no harm intended

Does anyone ever wonder what the mod voice should sound like? A deep, Barry White type voice, the terminator style, like you just inhaled helium from a balloon or maybe like Nidge?

Lusk_Doyle wrote: »
    Does anyone ever wonder what the mod voice should sound like? A deep, Barry White type voice, the terminator style, like you just inhaled helium from a balloon or maybe like Nidge?

Definitely the voice of Serge.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

They still are down my way.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,275 ✭✭✭dave_o_brien

Linking in with the thread title (kinda-ish) I'm doing my Form 11 (online) and oooops something's gone amiss, my liability is €1846........:eek:, back peddle, ah phew, I see my mistake now.........they actually own me money :cool:

This is an excellent typo.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭tacklemore

Lusk_Doyle wrote: »
    Originally posted in the question on cosmic carbone sl thread:

I think it's a deep booming voice that rattles the lungs out if your chest. God help you if they sneeze when they are talking to you!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭RockWerchter

Got my left index finger broken by a salmon in school kids clothing on Monday morning, only home from hospital now. Head on bicycle collisions are no fun. And to make everything worse my 20 minute cycle is now an hour bus.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,056 ✭✭✭buffalo

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Junior

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Junior wrote: »

I absolutely love this. You won't be disappointed!

For my money, the worst thing in the whole city is the contra-flow cycle lane on Victoria street. It leads absolutely nowhere, just kind of stops and then you have a choice to cycle into 4/5 lanes of traffic or go down a back alley that leads back to where you came.

Ormeau Road chicane is also terrible, but the problem is just as much that the footpath is too small for a major artery of the city. The footpath is around 6 feet wide, just about enough for 2 people side by side, while there's 4/5 lanes of motor traffic. It's an absolutely shocking city traffic-wise, worse than Dublin. If that's your thing, by all means come and enjoy!

I don't really think the Laganside path is that bad. It's a godsend considering the roads really, and even though it's not completely smooth it is better than the Dublin equivalents.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

3137_15d9_500.png

46e47f5e11bbbd6010f1bacc20f17bb6.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

Junior wrote: »

Sure, can I bring my fleggg?

704021500.jpg?1355863649

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,903 ✭✭✭furiousox

For Star Wars fans of a certain vintage...

http://imgur.com/user/mrdorkesq/favorites/zBbRq

CPL 593H

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement