Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

They don't even pay road tax Joe. **Off topic thread**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

After my recent encounter with a car I was tempted to buy hi viz neoprene overshoes but.just.couldnt.do.it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

bcmf wrote: »
    After my recent encounter with a car I was tempted to buy hi viz neoprene overshoes but.just.couldnt.do.it.

We are all proud of you /hug.

Note the way I posted here in the tax thread rather then the Party bus thread where I would have been ex-communicated for use of the H and V words.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Note the way I posted here in the tax thread rather then the Party bus thread where I would have been ex-communicated for use of the H and V words.

It doesn't matter where you say it.

Raam wrote: »
    It doesn't matter where you say it.

Damn....I shall close my account and forever hang my head in shame.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Well I've the first spin class of the winter booked, going straight into the hardest class and seeing how I get on. Think it's almost entirely female but not sure.

Definitely going in full bib shorts and jersey, don't care if i'm the only one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭rollingscone

Well done.
    You have just chosen yourself to be the new organiser for a new Rapha winter hat group buy.
    Yes count me in.
    Thanks

But I don't even know if I want a Rapha hat? :p

This isnt about you. Its about the collective.

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭G rock

You don't know if you want a rapha hat?

how are you gonna look like you're suffering In an epic and cool manner without a strip of the rapha pink to adorn your furrowed brow??

(I'll have a knitted one too please)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭NamelessPhil

My 4 year old daughter was having a tantrum on the way home today over something inconsequential. She was also riding her balance bike at the same time. When she discovered that she couldn't wail and push the bike at the same time, she hopped off the bike, glared at me and picked the bike up and tossed it into the grass. It was reminiscent of this ...

Tantrum over and having nothing left to throw, she picked up the bike and stomped past my amused face and we went home.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

I have two sets of chartreuse oversocks by Rapha. Pure class.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,605 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

My 4 year old daughter was having a tantrum on the way home today over something inconsequential. She was also riding her balance bike at the same time. When she discovered that she couldn't wail and push the bike at the same time, she hopped off the bike, glared at me and picked the bike up and tossed it into the grass. It was reminiscent of this ...

Tantrum over and having nothing left to throw, she picked up the bike and stomped past my amused face and we went home.

I would've been gone like a bullet with the bike over my shoulder after he threw it over the rail, if I was the lads standing there! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,830 ✭✭✭doozerie

As my daughter seems to have suddenly taken to her balance bike like a duck to water, and her speed on it has consequently soared, I had to fit a brake to it recently. I asked her which side she wanted the (front) brake lever on. This was a crucial question, which side of the left-hand-front-brake/right-hand-front-brake chasm was she going to fall down on? She chose left hand. I rejoiced internally, it was a very proud moment. She is now officially continental cycling ready.

That combined with her recent antics suggest that she may have a notable cycling career ahead of her. (Howya Miller. Howya Wiggins. Feck off Riis, less of you!)

Zyzz wrote: »
    I ride a 175mm crank now, will there be much power difference if I go larger/smaller?!

It depends who you talk to. Some people firmly believe it makes no difference. Tell that to Lennard Zinn though and he'll beat you senseless with his 202.3mm cranks.

doozerie wrote: »
    It depends who you talk to. Some people firmly believe it makes no difference. Tell that to Lennard Zinn though and he'll beat you senseless with his 202.3mm cranks.

Wonder if he pedals through corners.

Wonder if he pedals through corners.

I vaguely recall reading that he raised the bottom bracket on some of his bikes, one of the joys of being your own frame maker.

He is freakishly tall of course, so he is not representative, but he does seem to have *very* strong opinions on crank length from his own experiences.

I vaguely recall reading that he raised the bottom bracket on some of his bikes, one of the joys of being your own frame maker.

He is freakishly tall of course, so he is not representative, but he does seem to have *very* strong opinions on crank length from his own experiences.

What does he say about them?

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭detones

Anybody ever done the cycling part of a relay triathlon? A couple of work mates are talking about forming a team for the tryathy next year. The cycle is 80k for the double Olympic distance. Would I look totally out of place with my non aero bog standard roadbikes and normal cycling gear. Also will my family and friends think less of me for mingling with Triathletes ;-)

ROK ON wrote: »
    I have two sets of chartreuse oversocks by Rapha. Pure class.

And how did you deal the derision , the finger pointing and general sneers. Obviously as it was Rapha it was somewhat negated.

detones wrote: »
    Also will my family and friends think less of me for mingling with Triathletes ;-)
    You would be dead to them.
    Now get some sleep you are obviously sleep deprived and spouting nonsense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭detones

You would be dead to them.
    Now get some sleep you are obviously sleep deprived and spouting nonsense.

Sounds to me like someone has a major chip on their Shoulder. Boom boom I'm here all week.

What does he say about them?

He believes the length of the cranks should be 21% of your inseam. While so many other people talk about ranges of suitable length, or shy away from recommending any length in particular, he has been very specific in any stuff I've read by him on the topic. He seems to get a lot of flak from fellow bike nerds for that (amongst other things), it seems almost as contentious a topic as "correct" spoke tension, or proper sock length.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

He believes the length of the cranks should be 21% of your inseam. While so many other people talk about ranges of suitable length, or shy away from recommending any length in particular, he has been very specific in any stuff I've read by him on the topic. He seems to get a lot of flak from fellow bike nerds for that (amongst other things), it seems almost as contentious a topic as "correct" spoke tension, or proper sock length height.

Fixed that for you. :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

detones wrote: »
    Anybody ever done the cycling part of a relay triathlon? A couple of work mates are talking about forming a team for the tryathy next year. The cycle is 80k for the double Olympic distance. Would I look totally out of place with my non aero bog standard roadbikes and normal cycling gear. Also will my family and friends think less of me for mingling with Triathletes ;-)

I did one before, quite enjoyed it. Think I may have actually set the fastest or second fastest bike time too. Probably would look a little strange for triathlon to have normal roadie gear, but whatever, their opinions are irrelevant. ;)

Lusk_Doyle wrote: »
    Fixed that for you. :pac:

And so it begins. You may be ahead for now in the grammar war, but just watch your stray apostrophes. That's all I'm sayin'. I'm watching, I'm waiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

And so it begins. You may be ahead for now in the grammar war, but just watch your stray apostrophes. That's all I'm sayin'. I'm watching, I'm waiting.

Never start a sentence with "and".

2 - 0

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭MediaMan

You want one. I have one and they are great. You can even wear them with the peak facing backwards to look ultra-cool. And you don't need to wear a helmet, as no-one would knock you down when you look that cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭rollingscone

Except they're €40 plus mega postage...if I read the thread right the last group buy only made a saving on postage.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Keep_Her_Lit

I knew if I waited long enough I'd find a use for all those old bicycle tubes lying in my shed.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=a33_1381810163

• Advertisement

Except they're €40 plus mega postage...if I read the thread right the last group buy only made a saving on postage.

parcel motel will give you the English addy

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement