Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Squats the Story MkII- Off topic thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Zombienosh wrote: »
    Sounds like an intolerance?

I don't think so, no. It reminds me of when I used to smoke and after the first one of the day I'd be dying to drop the kids off at the pool.
    Do you drink coffee as well?

Nope. Have some water, take my shake, go the gym, get to work, have another shake and then some porridge.

But in the gym the urge to let rip is incredible. Then after breakky it's toilet time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭amazingemmet

Tried eating some meat and other stuff?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Tried eating some meat and other stuff?
    Before the gym you mean? I never eat before the gym.. My first meal (minus shakes) is about 20 minutes after the gym.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

So what you're saying is there's a big market brewing for "Chefs own brand, pure food whey" ?

Yep, the cheapest place for glucose is usually home brew shops now, usually called "brewing sugar".

First 2 hits on google, €2 per kilo in a brew shop

http://www.abbeygardensupplies.ie/brewing_products/brewing_equiptment/brewing_sugar_1kg_P634.html

Vs €20 per kilo here! (its a 500g tub for €10, both shops are dextrose)

http://www.powersupplements.ie/index.php/dextrose-powder.html

Unsalted, unroasted nuts are also zero vat, moment you sprinkle on a suggestion of salt 23% more. Peanut butter is also zero, even if salted.

I mean just change what you eat in the morning and see if it still flies through you.

@rub so we need to start a whole new food/brewing company, brewers whey, brewers creatine etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭DL Saint

So with that 23% tax is it now going to be even better value to order off myprotein, bulkpowders etc... or will they be taxed too?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,140 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

DL Saint wrote: »
    So with that 23% tax is it now going to be even better value to order off myprotein, bulkpowders etc... or will they be taxed too?
    It's not a new tax, MyProtein having been charging it for some time. Not sure about bulkpowders, but they should be charging it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭colman1212

Bpak has started a series of free podcasts. Just search for Ben Pakulski in podcasts on your iphone. Really Really good stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭cletus van damme

rubadub wrote: »
    If they do over €35,000 worth of trade to here they have to pay Irish VAT, at least it goes to our government.

Victim of their own success, if the sales drop off dramatically I guess they drop below €35,000 and do not have to charge VAT anymore.

If I was a UK company I would consider limiting my business to €34,999 per year to here, you would have to work it out of course.

Or set up a side company selling it as a food stuff, so you get zero VAT. You could just overlabel the fella on the packet to have a whisk in his hand instead of a dumbbell, and a chefs hat -instant zero rate VAT. And some stupid disclaimer on the pack, not for ingestion for sporting reasons.

in fairness - 35000 is a ****ty amount , you'd hardly get a living wages off that.
    calling "success" is a bit of a misnomer.

Some Hollywood Hulk Hogan (triple H? ) based lols

aqwUfXF.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

in fairness - 35000 is a ****ty amount , you'd hardly get a living wages off that.

AFAIK 35k is the threshold for services. The sale of goods figure is over 2x that.

Plus for a UK company there's no real marginal cost to selling goods into Ireland.

Small shipping and admin charge, but A LOT of profit to be hand for very little effort.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,140 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

It's 35k (or perhaps 70k) worth in the Irish market, not the company whole. It's probably a fair assumption that its UK market is 10 times the Irish market. So 35k here is probably means a turnover of 3-4 million. For a web based company, with minimal overheads, and a ridiculously simply operation, I'd consider that pretty successful.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I was really just using the phrase "vicitim of their own success", saying there are downsides to getting anyway big.

http://www.revenue.ie/en/tax/vat/leaflets/distance-sales-eu.html
    Thresholds

Under the EU VAT arrangements, Member States were required to adopt a distance sales threshold of either €35,000 or €100,000. Ireland has opted for €35,000.

The value of distance sales of excisable goods should not be taken into account for the purposes of determining whether or not the threshold has been exceeded. If the threshold, excluding the value of excisable goods, is not exceeded the supplier may continue to account for VAT in the Member State from which supplies are made.

There is no threshold for excisable products. Any supplier who makes distance sales of excisable goods e.g. alcohol, tobacco and oil to another Member State must register and account for VAT in that Member State. The sale of excisable goods are always subject to VAT in the Member State of arrival.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

A bit long but I found this interesting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

Aircon

Moved desks in work. Have an aircon fairly close to me. Its leaving me with a runny nose, sneezing and watery eyes...

Anyone else have this in an office? Anything that can be done?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Turn it off.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

Aircon

Moved desks in work. Have an aircon fairly close to me. Its leaving me with a runny nose, sneezing and watery eyes...

Jam it full of paper.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

Aircon

Tube of Harden the fück up cream...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

The strength shop have a few decent items in the clearance area for those who train at home etc..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,111 ✭✭✭COH

Just met Lee Priest.... am feeling awfully small :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭Dave 101

Aircon

This is the biggest melt, tape a4 pages over the vent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

Dave 101 wrote: »
    This is the biggest melt, tape a4 pages over the vent

it ****ing is....its like having the flu without having the flu!!!

very hard to work at a computer when you cant see the monitor!!

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭Dave 101

it ****ing is....its like having the flu without having the flu!!!

very hard to work at a computer when you cant see the monitor!!

Some ac systems hav vents tat can be close wit shutters just inside the vent worth having a look

• Registered Users Posts: 12,154 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Haven't been to the gym in over a month. Not good.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

Nearly finished GVT. Last two legs sessions this week.

Going to eat my bodyweight in wings, ribs and thighs while washing it down with wellies of beer and gin this weekend.

Yeeeeeeeeeeeees!

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭CM24

http://www.leinsterrugby.ie/news/10205.php#.UmbDOPlKPJd Anyone going to this ''Elite Performance Conference'' in the RDS on Sat?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,575 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Aircon

It must be tough to deal with that and a dose of vaginitis! :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

CM24 wrote: »
    http://www.leinsterrugby.ie/news/10205.php#.UmbDOPlKPJd Anyone going to this ''Elite Performance Conference'' in the RDS on Sat?

Yeah, I'm going to it.
    Should be pretty good.

I'm donating platelets tomorrow for the first time, and am wondering if anyone knows whether or not it'd be okay to exercise afterwards?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Dathai

Turns out Zack Morris does Crossfit. Possibly the most amazing tweet ever as well. See attachment.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement