Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Squats the Story MkII- Off topic thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,585 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

gvn wrote: »
    I'm donating platelets tomorrow for the first time, and am wondering if anyone knows whether or not it'd be okay to exercise afterwards?

Better off taking the day off. You'll be goosed if you do too much

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

Dathai wrote: »
    Turns out Zack Morris does Crossfit. Possibly the most amazing tweet ever as well. See attachment.

Day. Made.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭amazingemmet

Ice Cream Fitness shutting down

• Registered Users Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

gvn wrote: »
    I'm donating platelets tomorrow for the first time, and am wondering if anyone knows whether or not it'd be okay to exercise afterwards?

As a fellow platelet donor, I'd recommend rest
    At the very most, do a 30 min. LIT session

• Registered Users Posts: 2,863 ✭✭✭kevpants

Aircon

Moved desks in work. Have an aircon fairly close to me. Its leaving me with a runny nose, sneezing and watery eyes...

Anyone else have this in an office? Anything that can be done?

Tell boss. If boss doesn't care tell hr. They WILL care.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

TV3 are showing some documentary tonight been all over the radio called Fat Sick and Nearly Dead to Fit Healthy and Happy could be decent could also well be terrible knowing TV3 but I'll b recording it either way as I'm in work tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭Thephantomsmask

It was on channel 5 a while back. A man loses weight by consuming nothing but vegetable juice for a few weeks, following the chrony/calorie restriction for longevity guidelines. It was an interesting documentary, medics showed that different health markers related to his autoimmune condition improved. It's a pretty extreme measure to take going on a VLCD, at least he had medical guidance throughout but he shows interviews with various other people that joined in his quest that didn't seem to have any medical support at all which wasn't a great impression to give I thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

Ice Cream Fitness shutting down

Serious pity, he was an honest dude. He's rightly fcuked everyone who's YouTube channel is someway big if his claims are true.

• Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭brownej

Serious pity, he was an honest dude. He's rightly fcuked everyone who's YouTube channel is someway big if his claims are true.

He seems to be learning the hard way that you can't just go around calling people drug cheats and get away with it.
    In Ireland as well as the UK (where he is being sued), people have the right to their good name and not be libelled or slandered.

What he's trying to point out is that basically it doesn't matter if he was right or wrong all it takes is someone with a bigger bank roll and then you can't afford to fight it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Brian? wrote: »
    How strict are you doing rows?

Are you doing this?:

pendlay-row.png

Was watching a few videos on this, doing the 5x5, any opinions on overhand grip v suppinated grip? Cheers.

Overhand is more upper back and you'll lift a little less weight because the biceps aren't worked as much as supinated. Supinated hits the lats a little more than upper back as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

What he's trying to point out is that basically it doesn't matter if he was right or wrong all it takes is someone with a bigger bank roll and then you can't afford to fight it.

Oh I know what he's trying to point out. He was always poking someone or something and he's luck ran out.

Why you should exercise and be healthy no 409

8qx3G5l.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭thegreatiam

8qx3G5l.png

So you can out run the one on the left and hold down the one on the right?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Dathai

From the thread that pic came from:

2b38zd.png

And now we play the waiting game.

• Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭brownej

Apparently the slow metabolism excuse is true.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-24610296

Although the last line of the article quoting Dr. Katarina Kos from Exeter university says alot.
    "But it does exist in obese and lean people so you still need the obesogenic environment."

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

is that the same girl or something

Yeah from r/progresspics on reddit.com

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

wow!

• Advertisement

Now imagine if we applied that to most the population over here. It would be a big fu*k you to our continental brethren on who's the hottest race in europe

Now imagine if we applied that to most the population over here. It would be a big fu*k you to our continental brethren on who's the hottest race in europe

Who sits atop the league table at the minute?

Who sits atop the league table at the minute?

Its a hard choice but of late Estonia has been doing it for me. Good mix of Russian and Nordic genetics. Fat shaming is a public sport over there too.

Ireland is circling bottom three just slightly ahead of England and Scotland.

Edit: A look at history would prove me right. The vikings came to Ireland from the land of hot Scandinavian women to rob our women. Says a lot now some people might say they took all the hot ones but personally I'm more in favour of the the introduction of the potato being the down fall of the Irish race. If we could move back to a diet of beef and butter like or celtic forebears then we'd see a return to our hot genetic roots [/imnotahistorian]

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,077 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Lads,

I hate to be a party pooper *, but can we lay off with the chat about relative sexiness of Irish women, the longing to hold certain ladies down, the lusting after Russian female powerlifters etc. . It really doesn't foster a welcoming environment.

There's already a perception that H&F is a male dominated arena, both on boards and out there in the real world. It would be great if we didn't reinforce that.

Thanks
    Brian

*I don't hate being a party pooper, I'm a mod.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

No problem but just so we're clear what I was saying applies to both sexes. You'll notice til the tongue in cheek viking comment there was no gender mentioned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Stop being anti-Viking, emmet.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,077 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

No problem but just so we're clear what I was saying applies to both sexes. You'll notice til the tongue in cheek viking comment there was no gender mentioned.

I see what you're saying. I'm not going to start handing out cards or anything right now, it's been highligthed a few times to me so I just wanted to see if we could see the end of it.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭thegreatiam

I meant hold down the one on the right in the same way you would hold down a job. As in: have a long term, fulfilling, life affirming relationship with her.

Some people just have sick minds and read what they please.

Stop being anti-Viking, emmet.

I'm not anti viking. I shared a room with one in Uni. If you see the sweden thread in AH you'll see the main thing being swedes are a bit dry sh!teish. I found the opposite to be true you just need to pour a heroic amount of captain morgan into them and they become great craic.

• Advertisement

I feel a bit guilty about all this furore. I just wanted to know who was top of the Premier League because I wanted to get my fantasy football team in order.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement