Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Squats the Story MkII- Off topic thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,585 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Some boffins from MIT conducted a study and found that people who went to the gym and concentrated on what they were doing themselves were 97% less bothered about what others were doing. YEAH SCIENCE!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭SRFC

Its hard not to notice when you're waiting to use the squat rack and some hardman in a tank top that thinks he huge is doing bi ceps or at least attempting to :rolleyes: really grinds my gears and adds time onto my workout,such is to be expected in commercial gyms I suppose though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭amazingemmet

There was some bro in RAW today who nearly fell over at one point doing power curls. I lol-ed then I realised his arms were bigger then mine so I stopped na dwent back to what I was doing. There's a lesson in there

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭SRFC

There was some bro in RAW today who nearly fell over at one point doing power curls. I lol-ed then I realised his arms were bigger then mine so I stopped na dwent back to what I was doing. There's a lesson in there

Wait till his back is out and hes out injured plenty of time for you to catch up with proper form :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭DylanJM

Every time I hear power curls mentioned I think of Rick Bruch. Anyone seen the documentary on him? Quality watching IMO.

• Advertisement

SRFC wrote: »
    Its hard not to notice when you're waiting to use the squat rack and some hardman in a tank top that thinks he huge is doing bi ceps or at least attempting to :rolleyes: really grinds my gears and adds time onto my workout,such is to be expected in commercial gyms I suppose though.

Curling in the squat rack? Ask him to move, in that case. But in future just pick someone out with good form and watch them ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Thud

SRFC wrote: »
    Serious hate of mine lads in the gym swinging weights around struggling with weights they cant lift with good form,pathetic form by a lot of people in my gym doing bi cep curls what is wrong with these people :confused::confused:

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

Your Fitness in Harold's Cross, whats it like? Still have my raw membership but its literally across the road so would be handy for those dirty winter mornings

Paul Chek cracks me up some times

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

Paul Chek cracks me up some times

Woah.

• Advertisement

Not bad shape for a 50+ year old.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

Not bad shape for a 50+ year old.

I want some of whatever he's taking.

...the psychedelics like. They seem like great Craic

If you're adding anything to your library which I know you are get his medicine ball dvd and back training, pure gold

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Is there any book that anyone would suggest on nutrition that kind of simplifies it to a certain extent? It's something I am understanding more and more but also want to know more :).

I reccommend the lyle mcdonald books, they're quite good.

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭DL Saint

I want to make protein bars. In the press I have desiccated coconut, cashew nut butter, myprotein choc nut whey, oats...any suggestion on how to go about this?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,196 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

DL Saint wrote: »
    I want to make protein bars. In the press I have desiccated coconut, cashew nut butter, myprotein choc nut whey, oats...any suggestion on how to go about this?

150g whey,
    80g oats
    30-50g coconut
    50g nut butter
    20g of honey/maple syrup
    30g almond meal or chopped nuts

If you don;t have the last two dont worry about it.

Mix the dry ingredients. Heat the nut butter a little, add the syrup and pout into the mix. Add 100ml of water.
    Mix well. It get pretty hard to mix, add more water if you need it, but try and use as little as possible to get it fully combined.

Spoon into a large ziplock bag, or two smaller ones. Squeeze the air out and put into the freezer.
    After 30 mins, they should be set enough to slice into bar. Do it now before they freeze.

I keep them in the freezer and take a few out at a time and store im the fridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

Anyone know why Will H left?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,077 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Anyone know why Will H left?

Yes.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Finished my 5/3/1 this morning. It was great. Made some real progress. Taking the weekend off and then it's GVT for 12 weeks. Maybe 16. Who knows.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Loads of recipes in this thread.

My cat showed her distain at lifting straps last night by coughing a fur ball all over my set. Bad Kitty!

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Vet Thrower

My cat showed her distain at lifting straps last night by coughing a fur ball all over my set. Bad Kitty!

I know a guy who knows a guy...who knows the young lad from Love/Hate... Jus' sayin'.

conzy wrote: »
    Your Fitness in Harold's Cross, whats it like? Still have my raw membership but its literally across the road so would be handy for those dirty winter mornings

I'm a member there and I like it. Not a bad selection of weights and machines.

My grid roller arrived today. My IT bands now have a contract out on my life. I'm not sure if they're tears of fear or tears of pain...

Time to experiment: a pound of turkey mince in burger form and 8 jumbo sausages that are 87% pork... First time I've eaten like this since I got out of hospital 4 wks ago. I'm assuming i'll do something Popeye-esque.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Sometimes I do wonder why some people bother going the gym, some woman in the gym today walking at a very casual pace on the treadmill having a very loud and casual conversation while she was at it for about half an hour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

I enjoyed reading through this website.

Authority Nutrition

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

Brian? wrote: »
    Yes.

Hilarious as usual.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement