Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Squats the Story MkII- Off topic thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭amazingemmet

Anyone read about this 17 year year old russian girl Yulia Vins.

I'm not sure which of the F words I'd do with her, F*ck or Flee.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

She's just 17 ! Flee

haha

In mother russia 17 year olds do you!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,585 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Personally its the fear of getting pinned that helps drive my bench up.
    I tweaked the mindset a little on the bench this afternoon and thought it worked well. Granted, I was only going for reps to nail form at about 85% of my 1RM but still good to try it out

The former then the latter. Both at speed.

• Advertisement

@Alf Yeah for me I need 100% confidence in what I'm doing if I have a doubt then I won't attempt something comes from the acrobat days. If you have any doubts you'll hesitate or think instead of letting your body do its thing and if you hesitate you'll end up Lips to the floor. I think there's alot to be said for striving for 0 failure in training, not talking about muscular failure, and saving testing yourself for when you're ready to go big.

@Alf Yeah for me I need 100% confidence in what I'm doing if I have a doubt then I won't attempt something comes from the acrobat days. If you have any doubts you'll hesitate or think instead of letting your body do its thing and if you hesitate you'll end up Lips to the floor. I think there's alot to be said for striving for 0 failure in training, not talking about muscular failure, and saving testing yourself for when you're ready to go big.

I've usually gone into a solo bench session thinking i'd better not push too far or end up needing a hand getting the bar off me. Once you think that, you're already taking a few kg off what you'll lift. I reckon i could have gone heavier but that wasn't the plan. But it was good to go in with a different way of looking at it. Such a simple tweak but very effective, I found.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭21 Schump Street

Hanley wrote: »
    D8 fitness for the band

Yes to the first ball Q

Three to the second ball Q - a single and a doublr
    johnybean wrote: »
    You can get the bands here
    You only need the small (Red) one and the agility (Green) bands to start off with. I see they also have lacrosse balls in stock for a fiver but I dont know what they are like. I would also recommend getting a foam roller but not any of the budget ones. The grid has been recommended on this thread.
    I got a hockey ball from elverys and I find it really good for smashing the aul glutes

Or

Just what Hanley said

cheers lads

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭discus

Anyone read about this 17 year year old russian girl Yulia Vins. [/IMG]

SMASH

J/k, does she come from a family of bodybuilders?!

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭21 Schump Street

cheers lads

another question, is the green band necessary? 40 notes is a bit steep

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

discus wrote: »
    SMASH

J/k, does she come from a family of bodybuilders?!
    According to an interview she held, she never even intended to become a professional powerlifter when she first began working out – she was simply looking for strength and self-confidence. After seeking the help of a powerlifting trainer, she excelled at the sport and is now preparing for her first competition in September. Julia has attracted both admiration and criticism, but this hasn’t fazed her.

“There will always be people who respect my choice, or simply adequately explain why they don’t agree with it, but there is nothing to be gained by trying to defame someone who is following their dream,”

photo

MAYBE NSFW Lat spread- its from behind,

I'm feeling like I should stop googling now :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭discus

randy_marsh_ectoplasm.jpg
    I'm feeling like I should stop googling now

Too late for you, googled eyes!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,196 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Why would you put 'athletic' in a list of choices where the other three are descriptions for size / weight out of interest?
    That's the way I've seen it listed before. As a description of body shape/build, rather than weight alone. Can't think of an easier way to group people who aren't covered by under/over/average. Basically the people in good condition.

As I said how athletic was used wasn't important, it's subjective at best. It was the jump to 75% of people think they have a BW bench.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,261 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Mellor wrote: »
    That's the way I've seen it listed before. As a description of body shape/build, rather than weight alone. Can't think of an easier way to group people who aren't covered by under/over/average. Basically the people in good condition.

As I said how athletic was used wasn't important, it's subjective at best. It was the jump to 75% of people think they have a BW bench.
    I think it's silly in that context. A high class marathon runner is athletic, a rugby prop is athletic, a world class shot putter, or flyweight boxer, etc. I think the idea of a generic weight or build that conforms to the term "athletic" is ridiculous.

Though I accept it isn't a big deal and wasn't your idea to use it in that way! :pac:

A Darts player now there's a f*cking world class athelte

• Registered Users Posts: 36,261 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

A Darts player now there's a f*cking world class athelte

Don't consider darts / snooker / poker players athletes tbh.

I suppose Tiger Woods is 'athletic' by accepted definition though!!

Snooker players wears a suit; not an athlete

Poker players wears cowboy hats and sunglasses; Not an athlete

Darts players wears runners and a tracksuit clearly and athlete

• Registered Users Posts: 39,196 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    I think it's silly in that context. A high class marathon runner is athletic, a rugby prop is athletic, a world class shot putter, or flyweight boxer, etc. I think the idea of a generic weight or build that conforms to the term "athletic" is ridiculous.
    Yeah I'd consider them athletic, definitely. I don't think athleticism is defined by a body type at all.
    I imagine it was just a case that under/normal/over BMI scale didn't cut it.

I'm not sure that

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Don't feel like starting a new thread for a stupid question so I thought I'd throw it in here :pac: I'm fat as **** and this is the time I'm gonna do something properly about it! :P Earlier in the year I dropped nearly 3 stone but when college stress and everything else hit it went straight back on. I'm just wondering if there's any problem in eating very few calories when not working out and feeling fine. Last 3 days eating:

Tuesday
    Dinner: ~125g steak, some broccoli.
    Evening: Tin of sardines, some onions.

Wednesday
    Dinner: Chicken salad wrap - Chicken, tuna/sweetcorn, onions, lettuce, peppers, coleslaw and half the bread, couldn't resist :pac:
    Evening: 3 eggs scrambled, some onions. 100ml orange juice, 150ml smoothie from a carton.

Thursday
    Dinner: Chicken curry (~100g of chicken, onions, peppers, mushrooms) and 62.5g bag of rice.
    Evening: 2 boiled eggs, lettuce, onions, 2 dollops of mayonnaise, ~100g red cheddar.
    Late night snack: ~50g salted peanuts.

Having 2-3 cans of diet coke and 3-4 litres of water per day on top of that. Energy levels feel fine and I'm not hungry at any stage. Should I be eating more or just stick to it if I'm feeling alright?

Best off starting your own thread ;)

Here's some photo's showing that even if you take gear, you've still got to put some effort in

http://m.imgur.com/a/oIKsO

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭MrPain

Here's some photo's showing that even if you take gear, you've still got to put some effort in

http://m.imgur.com/a/oIKsO

Too be fair 200mgs is about as low as you can go dose wise with test c/e. As far as Im aware 200mgs every 2nd week is used in HRT to mimic normal physiological levels. Anavar is notoriously underdosed/fake due to its cost.
    So that combined with probably having a poor diet and work ethic = looking like mr blobby after doing some pushups.

MrPain wrote: »
    Too be fair 200mgs is about as low as you can go dose wise with test c/e. As far as Im aware 200mgs every 2nd week is used in HRT to mimic normal physiological levels. Anavar is notoriously underdosed/fake due to its cost.
    So that combined with probably having a poor diet and work ethic = looking like mr blobby after doing some pushups.

He bumps it up to 400mg weekly after a few weeks at 200mg.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,120 ✭✭✭COH

Update again when hes banging in 6grams of test a week

Update: ain't liver failure a b!tch

shrek_l.jpg

Dear women of RAW (and other gyms),

Are you aware that the leggings and short shorts you wear go see through when you bend over?

This came to mind yesterday as RDLs were performed in front of me...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭ronanc15

@amazingemmet.....that you on Discount Supplements page today dude?

discount supplements?

Edit: found them not me, I'm much better looking then that guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭ronanc15

Modest too right? :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭SRFC

Serious hate of mine lads in the gym swinging weights around struggling with weights they cant lift with good form,pathetic form by a lot of people in my gym doing bi cep curls what is wrong with these people :confused::confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

SRFC wrote: »
    Serious hate of mine lads in the gym swinging weights around struggling with weights they cant lift with good form,pathetic form by a lot of people in my gym doing bi cep curls what is wrong with these people :confused::confused:

One word: ego.

Look no further.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement