Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New "anti-gay" commercial

Options
  • 30-12-2012 2:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭

It's almost 2013, better continue making this country as backwards as possible.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

David et Al and their broad strokes

Brenda shrieks:-
    "Won't somebody please think of the children"

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭CommanderC

oh....I feel sick.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

my god that's retarded.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Created by the Iona Institute.
    There is a special circle of hell set aside for these cavemen............ If there is a hell.

Here is their recent begging email.......... http://www.broadsheet.ie/2011/12/09/spare-a-thought-this-christmas/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Benny_Cake

They would have saved time and effort by simply having David Quinn say "I believe in Adam & Eve, not Adam & Steve", because that's basically the message of the video.At least the helpful diagram resolved the question of where babies come from.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭GalwayGuy2

Guerrilla Bigotry:S

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

What the fuck is this shit?!

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭unseenfootage

It's almost 2013, better continue making this country as backwards as possible.

Nothing backward about expressing your views.

What is backward is to consider such views to be backward.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

The iona institute can take its bull****, discriminatory ad and shove it up the highest point of its unevolved, primitive hole.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

Warning thread may contain views which differ to your own view.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,652 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Don't think there were any lies told in the advert at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,109 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

This is going to go well i can tell ha. I'm getting in and out of this one early i have a past in these kinda threads when i see the you know whats come out in force........

Think i would laugh if i seen it on telly though ad break during Fair City tonight go down great :pac:

Best taken care of by a father and a mother- not factually true

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

I know they got paid for it but the actors must feel repugnant being recorded saying that shizz.

Hands up, who else groaned when they saw the logo at the end to show who produced this masterpiece?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

I couldn't care less if a gay or a lesbian couple want to get married. It's none of my business. I don't understand people who want to make it theirs

• Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭deisedude

Those voiceover artists should be ashamed of themselves. Anything for a quick buck

• Registered Users Posts: 51,652 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

efb wrote: »
    Best taken care of by a father and a mother- not factually true

Maybe, maybe not. That would be a hard one to prove alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

That is why it is so fuccked up. Idiots will think they actually make a good point, and agree with them.

This is shiit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

deisedude wrote: »
    Those voiceover artists should be ashamed of themselves. Anything for a quick buck

It's all done by ventriloquists.

You could look at the accredited studies on it by credible institutions

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭c_man

Uploaded to Youtube by "OnKneesforJesus4"

:pac: LOL

c_man wrote: »
    Uploaded to Youtube by "OnKneesforJesus4"

:pac: LOL
    Really lol :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Quote for advert: Every child ever born had a mother and a father.

Where does that leave the baby jesus?

By the way folks, here are the iona institute patrons as listed on their website....

Professor Patricia Casey: Patricia Casey is a senior consultant psychiatrist at the Mater Hospital in Dublin, as well as a lecturer at University College, Dublin.

Breda O'Brien: Breda O'Brien is a teacher and a columnist with The Irish Times. She is best known for her commentary on religious and social affairs.

Fergus O'Donoghue SJ: Fr O'Donoghue is a Jesuit. He is the Editor of Studies, a quarterly journals dealing with matters of religion and culture. Prior to becoming Editor of Studies, he was a lecturer in Church history at Milltown Institute.

Dr James Sheehan: James Sheehan is founder of the Blackrock, Galway Clinics and Hermitage Clinics, private medical facilities which operate according to a Catholic ethos.

Vincent Twomey: Fr Twomey is a member of the Divine Word Missionaries. He was professor of moral theology at St Patrick's College, Maynooth, until 2006. He is one of Ireland's foremost experts in Catholic moral theology.

I suggest you do your research on these patrons.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Yeah, it's already been proven.

Also, inb4 Philogos.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭Froyo

That is why it is so fuccked up. Idiots will think they actually make a good point, and agree with them.

This is shiit.

They are making A point, which they are fully entitled to do.

Getting a bit tired of 'it's OK to express your view as long add it's to a similar belief system as mine'. Usually trotted out by people telling others they should just accept everything.

Now, maybe they should in some instances, but attacking them is not always the way to go about it.

I couldn't care less about marriage of any kind personally.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Who cares about something like this video either way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

But the views that one can hold, can very easily be backwards. To criticise backward views as being backward is actually more of a sign of progression. For example, I can safely say that the KKK hold backward views, can I not?

Not every view holds the same amount of weight and the IONA institute's views tend to hold no weight whatsoever, the IONA institute's view in this regard is bigoted, they merely attempt to come across as balanced but they are most definitely not.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

"There's nothing different about different rules for different circumstances"

Okay so let's make black people, just because of a difference in skin colour, sit at the back of the bus I mean it's okay because they are in a different circumstance of skin than white people right?

Get out of here mate if you don't think this video is backward, opinion is there own but our opinion is it's BACKWARD.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

R0ot wrote: »
    our opinion is it's BACKWARD.

our opinion?

Do you speak for us all? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

mikemac1 wrote: »
    our opinion?

Do you speak for us all? :confused:

You're being slightly pedantic....

This discussion has been closed.