Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New "anti-gay" commercial

Options
1454647484951»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Fishooks13

Sertus wrote: »

Call it what you want. They are not hypocrits, any rational person who supports equal marriage rights supports equality for all consenting adults, not just gay and hetro couples.

Ok, so seeing as you're so insistent that you spoke to this TD. I'm sure you wouldn't mind PM'ing me his name along with your own name so that I can check to see what his views on the subject are?

Now I presume you won't have any problem doing this seeing as you've already gone to such lengths to fight for same family sex

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

Again, see the poster's own link that he posted.
    its been reported enough pope beni's thoughts on us gays so please go vtroll somewhere else

• Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

You can panic and avoid the issue all you want, but Marriage equality, means equality.

Why should these equal rights not be extending to all consenting adults ?
    Grayson wrote: »
    I am so sick of these slippery slope arguments.

If We legalise gay marriage we'll have to legalise incest.......

If we legalise marijuana we'll have to make it legal for people to own a kilo of crystal meth........

Don't keep equating the two.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

I'm taking ten minutes off, Happy New Year.

Love ye all, kisses and hugs, back after the champers, :)

• Site Banned Posts: 180 ✭✭Sertus

Fishooks13 wrote: »
    Ok, so seeing as you're so insistent that you spoke to this TD. I'm sure you wouldn't mind PM'ing me his name along with your own name so that I can check to see what his views on the subject are?

Now I presume you won't have any problem doing this seeing as you've already gone to such lengths to fight for same family sex

I'm not falling for that, I'm not revealing my personal identity to anyone. In fact that sounds quite threatening and creepy to me. Why have you not asked other posters here to do this ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭eyeroad yearowl one

Grayson wrote: »
    The link that I posted above actually quotes this

And it quotes this
    Homosexual desires, however, are not in themselves sinful. People are subject to a wide variety of sinful desires over which they have little direct control, but these do not become sinful until a person acts upon them, either by acting out the desire or by encouraging the desire and deliberately engaging in fantasies about acting it out. People tempted by homosexual desires, like people tempted by improper heterosexual desires, are not sinning until they act upon those desires in some manner

If you are gay and have desires towards a person of the same sex, you are allowed in the Catholic Church. which is what I said above.

You don't get banished or excommunicated for being gay in itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Mod.

Alright, big circles, we are going in them.

We'll be wrapping this up soon I feel.

Happy new year and peace to all Man and Woman.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,879 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

You can panic and avoid the issue all you want, but Marriage equality, means equality.

Why should these equal rights not be extending to all consenting adults ?

Again, I didn't see you asking any other posters in agreement with only gay marriage the same questions, that looked like hypocrisy to me. As for support groups I have contacted a few other people and we are looking into it. Quite a lot of the local LGBT members I've spoken would like to incorporate this issue, as they have done in recent years with transgender rights, so we're working on that. Its early days, a bit like where homosexuality was 10-20 years ago, but we are getting there.

Call it what you want. They are not hypocrits, any rational person who supports equal marriage rights supports equality for all consenting adults, not just gay and hetro couples. Granted they are not from a traditional rural party.

Which lgbt group are you talking about?

I think you might be mixed up. The I in LGBTI stands for intersex not incest.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭dttq

I'm not disagreeing with what you are saying but it is off topic.

I'm just saying you can't go saying the orange order can't promote "britishness" up north because you think they might be anti-catholic or anti-Irish.

Similarly you can't say a religious organisation can't promote their own idea of the "ideal" because you think they are anti-gay

Ok enough, how much is D. Quinn paying you? In my infinite trust of mans compassion and his logical understandment and ability to affiliate with what is truly right toward his fellow creatures, I have trouble believing you are been genuine - rather than been a send-up, wind up merchant. Nobody could seriously be this deluded. Whatever he's paying you, I'll double it for you my wum mercenary friend.

I'm not falling for that, I'm not revealing my personal identity to anyone. In fact that sounds quite threatening and creepy to me. Why have you not asked other posters here to do this ?

Says the guy looking to legalize incest :D

I haven't asked other posters because you're the only one claiming to have held a discussion with two elected officials about legalizing incest. I believe you to be lying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

This is a funny site.

http://www.catholiceducation.org/articles/homosexuality/ho0075.html
    The societal implications of the unrestrained sexual activity described above are devastating. The ideal of sexual activity being limited to marriage, always defined as male-female, has been a fence erected in all civilizations around the globe.105 Throughout history, many people have climbed over the fence, engaging in premarital, extramarital and homosexual sex. Still, the fence stands; the limits are visible to all. Climbing over the fence, metaphorically, has always been recognized as a breach of those limits, even by the breachers themselves. No civilization can retain its vitality for multiple generations after removing the fence.106

But now social activists are saying that there should be no fence, and that to destroy the fence is an act of liberation.107 If the fence is torn down, there is no visible boundary to sexual expression. If gay sex is socially acceptable, what logical reason can there be to deny social acceptance of adultery, polygamy, or pedophilia? The polygamist movement already has support from some of the advocates for GLB rights.108 And some in the psychological profession are floating the idea that maybe pedophilia is not so damaging to children after all

Yep, they actually tried to equate paedophilia with being gay or at least put in a slippery slope argument.

Won't someone think of the children!!

I haven't asked other posters because you're the only one claiming to have held a discussion with two elected officials about legalizing incest. I believe you to be lying.

As I said all along. Trolling.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

dttq wrote: »
    Ok enough, how much is D. Quinn paying you? In my infinite trust of mans compassion and his logical understandment and ability to affiliate with what is truly right toward his fellow creatures, I have trouble believing you are been genuine - rather than been a send-up, wind up merchant. Nobody could seriously be this deluded. Whatever he's paying you, I'll double it for you my wum mercenary friend.

Haha.

I think this is what people refer to as "ad hominem". You obviously cannot refute my post and cannot twist whatever prejudiced views u have into coherent counterpoint

Is it not against the rules to directly abuse someone like this? Aren't there people on here who moderate the posts?

Mod.

Alright, big circles, we are going in them.

We'll be wrapping this up soon I feel.

Happy new year and peace to all Man and Woman.

Kill it.

Now.

Please.

Terry Pratchet

Kill it.

Now.

Please.

with fire

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭WatchWolf

My parents didn't love each other, never showed love to me, and I was more than likely a mistake.

Your move, IONA.

Bigots used to say the same thing about homosexuality

Given the comments here, I'm not revealing personal identities to anyone and especially not to you.

WatchWolf wrote: »
    My parents didn't love each other, never showed love to me, and I was more than likely a mistake.

Your move, IONA.

Have you spoken to a professional about that?

Sorry, I couldn't resist. Only taking the piss

Kill it.

Now.

Please.

Pretty please

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭WatchWolf

:p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

seriously like !

Your unreal

Bigots used to say the same thing about homosexuality

I've seen bestiality defended the same idiotic way as that.

Being gay is not the same as having sex with family members. One is dangerous, one is not.

I have to ask before the thread locks. Are you looking to be in some sort of relationship with a family member?

Kill it.

Now.

Please.

Yes, kill anything that dares mention equality for all and has no argument against it. How convenient and hypocritical.

I've seen bestiality defended the same idiotic way as that.

I have to ask before the thread locks. Are you looking to be in some sort of relationship with a family member?

Comparing a consenting loving relationship between adults to that ? I heard the same thing from anti-gay bigots. My personal life is none of your business. Have you asked the other people here are they looking to be in some sort of gay relationship ? No you have not.

gcgirl wrote: »
    seriously like !

Your unreal

Ah jaysus. It was only a joke. The poster I made it to saw the joke.

Lighten up. Lose some of that "poor me" attitude.

Btw. My what is unreal?

Being gay is not the same as having sex with family members. One is dangerous, one is not.

Which one is which :p

I guess it depends on your county!

Comparing a consenting loving relationship between adults to that ? I heard the same thing from anti-gay bigots. My personal life is none of your business. Have you asked the other people here are they looking to be in some sort of gay relationship ? No you have not.

Don't worry man. Soon those brave td's will stand up for the incest lovers of Ireland and you'll have free reign to love all the family members you like

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

/thread.

Co mods may read over this again.

Happy new years.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement