Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone 5 Belfast

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Guys, reserve one before going up

https://reserve.apple.com/GB/en_GB/reserve/iPhone

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 5,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭culabula

I have two iPhone 5's 64gb black and slate arriving to my home in Ballymena on Monday morning. I'm selling them both as my friend and I bought at the store on Friday. Email me if interested :)
    darrenarey75@hotmail.com

Adverts.ie is for this sort of thing; do not advertise items for sale here again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Darrencarey75

culabula wrote: »
    I have two iPhone 5's 64gb black and slate arriving to my home in Ballymena on Monday morning. I'm selling them both as my friend and I bought at the store on Friday. Email me if interested :)
    darrenarey75@hotmail.com

Adverts.ie is for this sort of thing; do not advertise items for sale here again.

Sure be polite about it you arrogant little ****! Kiss my arse!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭McGrath5

Great way to go about selling your iPhones :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Uh oh.

tCp90.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Darrencarey75

Great way to go about selling your iPhones :rolleyes:

What's it to you? Perfect bellend

Read the rules.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,422 ✭✭✭JoeA3

LOL, someone needs to work on their sales technique.

Banned for six months.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭digitaldr

kceire wrote: »
    Guys, reserve one before going up

https://reserve.apple.com/GB/en_GB/reserve/iPhone

Thanks for the tip - I filled in the form this afternoon - didn't hold out much hope as when I phoned them they said they didn't have any black 32 gigs left but just got this email (my name was at the top but cropped it off for privacy reasons). According to the reservations web page
    Reserve yours now and pick it up in store. Limited quantities are also available for walk-in purchase on a first-come, first-served basis.

so I guess they hold some stock back for reservations.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

culabula wrote: »
    Banned for six months.

must be the quickest ban ever...3 posts..hehehe

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭finno

digitaldr wrote: »
    Thanks for the tip - I filled in the form this afternoon - didn't hold out much hope as when I phoned them they said they didn't have any black 32 gigs left but just got this email (my name was at the top but cropped it off for privacy reasons). According to the reservations web page

I got the same email

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️

Y.N.W.A

I wonder what are the chances of the google map app being approved by the time I pick up my iPhone tomorrow? Are the Apple maps really as bad as everyone is saying? Reckon I'll leave ios5 on my iPhone 4- should make it more saleable!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,120 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

The maps got me to my destination any where i've asked it to take me. There not a patch on google android maps or the dedicated tom tom app but do work, for free there fine.
    I'd leave the 4 as it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Qwerty Dub

I have the TomTom App (€60) and its very good. I used to use Streetview to check out an area in advance, but never for actual directions. Miss it a bit though, but TomTom brings you to the door. Very accurate and dont need 3G to use it.

Actually I have the tomtom app but still use google maps from time to time especially for the street view

• Registered Users Posts: 28,442 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

The maps got me to my destination any where i've asked it to take me. There not a patch on google android maps or the dedicated tom tom app but do work, for free there fine.
    I'd leave the 4 as it is.

I heard about their new maps.They're not great for getting you there.

I know I'll get criticism but your post was hard to read with 'there'!

murpho999 wrote: »
    I heard about their new maps.They're not great for getting you there.

I know I'll get criticism but your post was hard to read with 'there'!

I share your obsession! You are = you're - not a lot of people know that.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,442 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

I share your obsession! You are = you're - not a lot of people know that.

Your dead right their.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

Did you give your credit card details to reserve it?

• Advertisement

Nope

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Qwerty Dub

Happened to me before. Said they had no stock so i reserved an iPad thinking it would be a week or two. Got an email an hour later to pick it up. Went up and it was there.

Email said to pick up between 4 and 5 but reckon I'll head up earlier on the off chance. Probably take the bus (€25 return) as car is a real gas guzzler.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,239 ✭✭✭Elessar

So tempted to head up today, but €660 is a lot of dosh...

My galaxy s2 does the job quite well! Then again I would like the integration with iCloud on my mac....

Decisions!

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Scorpion venom

Elessar wrote: »
    So tempted to head up today, but €660 is a lot of dosh...

My galaxy s2 does the job quite well! Then again I would like the integration with iCloud on my mac....

Decisions!

It works out more that €660 I changed €700 worked out at £525 so I had to change more lol

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Tifosi

It works out more that €660 I changed €700 worked out at £525 so I had to change more lol

Not that we know the Irish prices as yet, however based on the iPhone 4S prices by the time you convert Sterling to Euro you could find yourself paying between €40-60 extra for the iPhone 5 if buying from the UK

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Scorpion venom

Tifosi wrote: »

Not that we know the Irish prices as yet, however based on the iPhone 4S prices by the time you convert Sterling to Euro you could find yourself paying between €40-60 extra for the iPhone 5 if buying from the UK

I was speaking about changing my money and then I bought iPhone 5 in Belfast it works out more

• Registered Users Posts: 5,239 ✭✭✭Elessar

I was speaking about changing my money and then I bought iPhone 5 in Belfast it works out more

Did you use a credit card? I think some cards add a percentage onto a transaction if purchased in a different currency. Actually mine might do that...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Elessar wrote: »
    Did you use a credit card? I think some cards add a percentage onto a transaction if purchased in a different currency. Actually mine might do that...

Just add on 25% to the stg price.
    Any extra or less will only be a few euros, worth it to get a guaranteed one. I have a feeling that Irish stocks will be low and will nowhere meet demand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

I tried to reserve a 16gb black one on the website.
    If they email me that I can get one i might head up tomorrow.

Is there any point if i cant get a nano sim for Vodafone network?
    I dont want to cut one myself

Advertisement