Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone 5 Belfast

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭dave oc

fox007 wrote: »
    Just an update on the Nano sims lads I went to three and they gave me one no problem I just explained I stood in the cold for 6 hrs 😠once the have then in stock there should be no problem.love the feel of the iPhone 5 feels a lot more balanced typing with just one hand 😀

What store did you get it from?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

I agree with you there did u find it hard to cut the sim card ?

no tbh, easier than cutting the standard sim to micro sim when the 4 came out. I basically cut up tight to the contacts and rounded it off around the contact as much as i could and that was it, have to say i got 2 done on first attempt for mine and the GF's phones.

Really wasnt expecting to get it done but delighted none the less.
    Now to try figure out why iTunes isint showing Yahoo as a contact sync option anymore :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭cramp

Droped to local VF today and they have just recieved the nano sims in stock today, free sim swap for VF customers , and they are taking pre-orders next tuesday on iphone 5!!
    no stock details or prices.......
    gonna buy off apple.ie for an unlocked one
    @Kceire
    where did u hear about the 8.00 am preorder from apple.ie?

cramp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭speeding

cramp wrote: »
    Droped to local VF today and they have just recieved the nano sims in stock today, free sim swap for VF customers , and they are taking pre-orders next tuesday on iphone 5!!
    no stock details or prices.......
    gonna buy off apple.ie for an unlocked one
    @Kceire

cramp

Where is your local Vodafone

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭cramp

Donaghmede m8!

cramp

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭dave oc

3 store in swords has nano sims, just got one there.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭DAVE222

anybody know if belfast store have any iphone 5's left. thinkink of going up tomorrow.

cramp wrote: »
    @Kceire

cramp

I didnt hear anything about pre-orders.
    Apple say they are going on sale on the 28th so i just assumed it will be at 8am like everywhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

got an email from 3 saying they are taking pre-orders now

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭valdigre

Anyone driving to Belfast tomorrow to get the phone?

I must be crazy but I am seriously considering taking a train from Dublin just to buy the damn phone...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 Larry206

Did anyone get a 64gb. Are they available?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

Update for anyone thinking of heading up to Belfast in the morning. I was in Victoria Square at 6:30pm. Only one girl in the que in front of me. There was no black 16GB left and I received the second last white 16GB according to the guy in charge of handing out the tickets. He did mention that they do have loads in stock though, so presume he means the 32GB and 64GB.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭digitaldr

Just on hold for Belfast store 9 calls ahead of me for the last 5 minutes! At least the hold music is good! Thinking about driving up from Dublin for a black 32 gig knowing my luck they'll have them in stock but I'll be too late to get one!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 simply_beaut

digitaldr wrote: »
    Just on hold for Belfast store 9 calls ahead of me for the last 5 minutes! At least the hold music is good! Thinking about driving up from Dublin for a black 32 gig knowing my luck they'll have them in stock but I'll be too late to get one!
    Let us know,
    What they say stock wise, thinking myself too.

6 calls ahead of me - nice bit of bob marley on now!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭fox007

As said above if its not a 16 gig your looking for go for it!it's a grand spin if you nothing else to be doing.

Cost of the petrol though especially if it's a wasted journey! Still 6 calls ahead of me at 19mins. Fair play to Apple making individual store numbers available - unlike fecking pc world.

fox007 wrote: »

As said above if its not a 16 gig your looking for go for it!it's a grand spin if you nothing else to be doing.

How are people paying, do you have to have sterling or euro accepted? Or credit card etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,444 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

How are people paying, do you have to have sterling or euro accepted? Or credit card etc.

Surely paying with a card is best.

Depends what you have as a Visa Debit or Laser card with "Maestro" should be accepted.

Last thing I would do is travel with so much cash and then pay them in Euros as they would screw you on the rate.

Credit card here. Handy as when she swiped it they had all my details from last time. Sped up the process.

• Advertisement

4 calls 37 minutes

I used a visa debt card no problems as Kceire said all my details were on there from last year too. I was in and out under 5 mins.plus I used it in the car park too.I just payed at the hatch just in case the machine swallowed my card ðŸ˜႒

Just talked to them, they have very limited stock and expected to be gone in an hour, so if any one planning to go now, no point.
    For 32gb and 64gb both white and black.

Well after 48 minutes wait no black 32 gigs left :( limited stock of everything else so I'll be keeping a close eye on the Irish apple store - wondering will the Irish sim free pricing be same as the rest of the eurozone or will we be getting the usual rip off prices? 32 gig is €789 on French Apple webstore (vat is 19.6%). Has anyone checked what rate you got using a credit for your Belfast iPhone purchases yesterday?

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭DAVE222

got to belfast dtore at 7-30. one person in front of me. shop opened at 8.

Well after 48 minutes wait no black 32 gigs left :( limited stock of everything else so I'll be keeping a close eye on the Irish apple store - wondering will the Irish sim free pricing be same as the rest of the eurozone or will we be getting the usual rip off prices? 32 gig is €789 on French Apple webstore (vat is 19.6%). Has anyone checked what rate you got using a credit for your Belfast iPhone purchases yesterday?

£529 with vat for a 16 gig is what I payed so €662.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Larry206

Does anyone have black 64 gb for sale or can anyone get one will pay cash

That seems pretty good fox007 €679 on the French apple store and very close the ww.xe.com rate of €661.50. Did you use a Visa credit card?

That seems pretty good fox007 €679 on the French apple store and very close the ww.xe.com rate of €661.50. Did you use a Visa credit card?

Visa Debit from Tsb

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Darrencarey75

I have two iPhone 5's 64gb black and slate arriving to my home in Ballymena on Monday morning. I'm selling them both as my friend and I bought at the store on Friday. Email me if interested :)
    darrenarey75@hotmail.com

Advertisement