Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone 5 Belfast

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33 nebo

Myself and 3 of the lads decided to take the plunge and head up this year. Never done it before.
    We're making a proper night of it, so we left Dublin about an hour ago, we're about 35mins out. The queue should be good craic. I can't wait for my shiny new iphone 5, sim or not!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭fox007

Morning all just out of the bed will head off my self in an hour or so happy hunting stay safe on the road!!

Just arrived in Victoria square if your parking in the centre it's self the gate is closed drive up to it and press the intercom for entry.Right now there is about 60 people or there abouts

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭moralproduction

Anyone in Belfast fancy picking me up one ;-)

Normally head up but have an important meeting today I couldn't miss, will throw a good few quid on top of the price of the phone to cover your travel

If anyone's interested pm me

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭pjjk90

Also wondering if anyone heading up this morning would be interested in picking up another iPhone. I had planned to head up as its only a short trip up the road but due to events in the morning I can't do the trip.

If anyone is up there/heading up PM me, I will cover travel costs, etc.

Thanks

• Advertisement

For anyone who knows the shopping centre the Que is going from the Apple store back towards Top shop over the little bridge and back down to mamas &papas, So a good crowd here everyone in good sprint even tho it's cold

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

fox007 wrote: »
    For anyone who knows the shopping centre the Que is going from the Apple store back towards Top shop over the little bridge and back down to mamas &papas, So a good crowd here everyone in good sprint even tho it's cold

How many in the queue?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Bigcheeze

Have they allocated tickets to those in lthe line? Sounds like a lot more people queuing this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,748 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Remember to use http://maps.google.co.uk/ not the native app for your journey home lads, don't want ye getting lost.

Bigcheeze wrote: »

Have they allocated tickets to those in lthe line? Sounds like a lot more people queuing this year?

I just got my Golden ticket now about 40 ahead of me easily 300 here now

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Bigcheeze

Wow some people going to be disappointed. I guess this is what happens when you have one apple store for 5 million people.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Sooooo, whose gotten their grubby little hands on one?

White or black?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Anyone still in the queue? What's it looking like for stock availability through the day?

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Scorpion venom

Wow some people going to be disappointed. I guess this is what happens when you have one apple store for 5 million people.

I got my golden ticket to so happy I came up hehe arrived at 7am around 15 ahead of me

Is anyone picking up a UK PAYG sim so they're able to test the phone prior to SIM-Surgery?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Got it. Now to sleep on the train back to Limerick

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Qwerty Dub

miralize wrote: »
    Got it. Now to sleep on the train back to Limerick

You went from Limerick? Fair play.

Id be playing with it all the way home.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 smithysmith

Anyone know what the queues like now?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭hawkwind23

if anyone's interested ill be in Belfast this week and can bring one to Dublin/Drogheda on Wednesday.

all i ask is the train fare.

PM me

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Home safe and sound with 2 new iPhone 5's :D

Left finglas at 2am. Got there and into the que about at about 3.40am.

Got into the shop at 9am.

Had to be about 65-70 in front of me at 3.45am.
    Met up with a bunch of people and had a bit of laugh and the time flew in!

Parking from 3.30 to 9.15 was 7.20stg.

Got a free O2 PAYG sim to p,at around with incase the cutting doesn't go to plan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Harcrid

Initial first impressions of how it feels, looks?

Let us know how you get on with the sim-surgery (or is that nano-surgery) .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

kceire wrote: »
    Home safe and sound with 2 new iPhone 5's :D

Left finglas at 2am. Got there and into the que about at about 3.40am.

Got into the shop at 9am.

Had to be about 65-70 in front of me at 3.45am.
    Met up with a bunch of people and had a bit of laugh and the time flew in!

Parking from 3.30 to 9.15 was 7.20stg.

Got a free O2 PAYG sim to p,at around with incase the cutting doesn't go to plan.

What colours?
    I've heard the black attracts fingerprints that are hard to remove. Which colour looks better in your opinion?

Celtxx wrote: »
    Initial first impressions of how it feels, looks?

The box looks well :D
    Haven't opened them yet, waiting for the go to get home and I'm having a sambo first, I'm starving. On my sisters iPad now, god there great!
    Graham wrote: »
    Let us know how you get on with the sim-surgery (or is that nano-surgery) .

Will do. Gonna attempt it later. Didn't sleep last night so will do it with a clear head.
    L5 wrote: »
    What colours?
    I've heard the black attracts fingerprints that are hard to remove. Which colour looks better in your opinion?

Both in white. Somebody in the que mentioned that the black attracts scuffs more but I didn't know wether to believe them or not?

PS-Anthony, you on here?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Many reports on macrumours that the black one is scuffed right out of the box :eek:

I think Ill have to go with the white one.

I will pay 700 Euro for Iphone 5. Please pm me if you have spare ones. I can take a few by cash in Dublin

16gb I assume? Hardly worth the hassle to sell for that considering fuel and parking costs.

Looks like ill be getting a white one so.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 cash4clothes

kceire wrote: »
    16gb I assume? Hardly worth the hassle to sell for that considering fuel and parking costs.

Yes for 16GB. I agree it not great but still 40 Euro profit..

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭pjjk90

Hey I was wondering what was the queue like when you left? Also did anyone say what stock levels where like? Want to head up but don't want to waste a journey up there to find out the queue is still insanely long and there's none left.

Thanks

• Advertisement

Yes for 16GB. I agree it not great but still 40 Euro profit..

40 euro profit for driving up and standing in a queue for roughly 5/6 hours .
    Riiiiiiiiight. Your inbox is overflowing with pm's from people wanting to taking up your kind offer I'd imagine.

Advertisement