Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone 5 Belfast

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

somebody gets out of bed early , travels to belfast , stands for hours , all to make 40 profit

good luck somebody selling u one

i got 4 and have 3 to sell

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Do you have them on adverts yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

Graham wrote: »
    Do you have them on adverts yet?

obviously not if your here

im just waiting to hear back from friends , before i advertise them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭McGrath5

If the lucky few who managed to get a iPhone 5 could put a few unboxing pictures up it would be much appreciated. :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,748 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Yes for 16GB. I agree it not great but still 40 Euro profit..

No profit at all. Parking is 2.70 stag per hour plus fuel.
    pjjk90 wrote: »
    Hey I was wondering what was the queue like when you left? Also did anyone say what stock levels where like? Want to head up but don't want to waste a journey up there to find out the queue is still insanely long and there's none left.

Thanks

Tbh I think they will sell out quickly. Make a phone call first.

• Advertisement

There's only so much refreshing a trackpad can take. :D

You rucking daisy, my spare meteor micro sim fits perfect after being trimmed a bit. No sanding, no filing just a few slits with a scissors :D

Does it come out as easy :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 11 cash4clothes

Any unboxing pics?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Its really light. The camera has amazing clarity.

The screen is as stunning as the 4s, maybe a bit better with colour management.

1080p videos are just wow!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭fox007

Unboxing
    8E563BCE-8D59-47E6-9CBA-054439EBAECE-38679-000001E0B14B5486_zps78701a98.jpg
    F5D5CAF6-1047-4B47-BC62-A583B1D9B337-38679-000001E0BA444B63_zpsb149c5c4.jpg
    CB87E7A6-14A7-45A1-B690-00865D424126-38679-000001E0C057A634_zpsebd5a751.jpg
    B70AB661-E21B-4B4F-B8D6-50E371C001E9-38679-000001E0CA3F053F_zps1b31b521.jpg

Great craic I would do it again tomorrow I got there at 245 left apple just after 9 am parking was £6.70 £4 over night rate then 2.70 8-9happy with that.I stopped for something to eat on my way home love the iPhone 5 I also got a three uk sim but think I will cut my one now kc I say you were just behind me I was at the jewelers from 3ish to 6am then the we moved up

fox007 wrote: »
    kc I say you were just behind me I was at the jewelers from 3ish to 6am then the we moved up

I was on the bridge type thing with 2 northy lads and a couple from Tallaght.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭McGrath5

What did the majority of people go for? I am torn between getting the 16GB or 32GB.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

c_murph wrote: »
    I'd say anyone planning on trying to convert an existing SIM into a nano SIM should read this - http://www.theregister.co.uk/2012/09/18/nano_sim/

The contacts on the card are re-arranged, so it doesn't seem to be a simple case of cutting the card down to size. At least try with an old card or throwaway prepay card if you want to give it a go.

The register has it slightly wrong, there are two types of "full size" sims out there: older types with large contacts and newer ones with the same contacts (3FF) as the micro sim. both these types can be cut to micro sim (the larger contacts get cut slightly but work fine) but only sims with 3FF contacts can be cut to nano sim.

Im having terrible trouble with an old meteor micro sim must be the bigger contact I have. will check a spare o2 one before i butcher my 3 sim;)

What did the majority of people go for? I am torn between getting the 16GB or 32GB.

32gb for me
    16gb for her

Here is a nano sim on left to a micro sim
    9F4C745C-6E95-4A88-8968-F2C7EF2FD107-38679-000001EA2AF4C5CE_zps8edaaa7d.jpg
    This can not be cut I don't think

• Registered Users Posts: 33 nebo

I'd a great time up there, arrived at 1 and got my black 16GB iPhone 5 at 8.30. Made it back to dublin at 11.
    I filed my 3 micro sim down, it's working perfectly for me, loving the new phone!

can someone post a photo of there sim up for me please? I don't want to start filling my sim down untill i know its the right one

• Advertisement

Here is a nano sim on left to a micro sim
    9F4C745C-6E95-4A88-8968-F2C7EF2FD107-38679-000001EA2AF4C5CE_zps8edaaa7d.jpg
    This can not be cut I don't think

thats an old micro sim. get a newer one and the contacts are alot smaller.
    My micro sim contact was the same size as the contact on the nano sim i got in belfast this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Let us know if your black one is scuff free please.

@kceire cheers for that over to Omni I go so thanks again
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭pjjk90

Just thought I'd update just arrived in Belfast, 30 minute queue and all models are in stock

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭jamieh

Hi all,

I'm thinking of heading up to Belfast next Saturday to pick up an iPhone.

Do ye reckon I'd be able to pick one up then? I presume the inital hype will have died down a bit by next weekend. Was originally going to order online but realistically looking at 3-4 weeks wait.

jamieh wrote: »
    Hi all,

I'm thinking of heading up to Belfast next Saturday to pick up an iPhone.

Do ye reckon I'd be able to pick one up then? I presume the inital hype will have died down a bit by next weekend. Was originally going to order online but realistically looking at 3-4 weeks wait.

If you order at 8am on the Apple.ie site you will most likely have it within a week.
    If determined to go to Belfast, make a call to them first to confirm they have stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭jamieh

kceire wrote: »
    If you order at 8am on the Apple.ie site you will most likely have it within a week.
    If determined to go to Belfast, make a call to them first to confirm they have stock.

Cheers mate.

I'm actually around the Belfast area next Saturday anyway so I was thinking of collecting one from the store.

I presume you can cancel an order from the Apple store online, provided it hasn't shipped. (So I could pre-order on Friday morning and if I get one in the store on Saturday I could cancel the pre-order.). Or is that pure greed :)

Just an update on the Nano sims lads I went to three and they gave me one no problem I just explained I stood in the cold for 6 hrs 😠once the have then in stock there should be no problem.love the feel of the iPhone 5 feels a lot more balanced typing with just one hand 😀

Just an update on the Nano sims lads I went to three and they gave me one no problem I just explained I stood in the cold for 6 hrs 😠once the have then in stock there should be no problem.love the feel of the iPhone 5 feels a lot more balanced typing with just one hand 😀

now hopefully Meteor get the blank ones soon. I know mine is running fine on the cut down micro sim but i'd like to get a proper nano sim in there just incase.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Scorpion venom

kceire wrote: »
    now hopefully Meteor get the blank ones soon. I know mine is running fine on the cut down micro sim but i'd like to get a proper nano sim in there just incase.

I agree with you there did u find it hard to cut the sim card ?

Advertisement