Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone 5 Belfast

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

anybody going up for just one phone?
    Im buying 2 but my mam asked if i could get one for her for my dad as a surprise. Got some good test results today from the hospital :D

think they will only allow 2 per person?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12 386dx_009

kceire wrote: »
    Not this sh1t again, grow up for gods sake.

ok, but just sayin like.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭adamtj09

anybody going up for just one phone?
    Im buying 2 but my mam asked if i could get one for her for my dad as a surprise. Got some good test results today from the hospital :D

think they will only allow 2 per person?

It's always 2 per person. I'm here for just the 1 yeah.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Already 8 or so people queuing.. i'll head down at 4-5ish

adamtj09 wrote: »

When they ask you what you want in the que, seemly they give you tickets, will you ask for an extra 16gb in white please. They dont hold you to the sale, and if you dont buy, they just pass it on to the next person so theres no pressure on you.

If you dont mind of course ;)
    miralize wrote: »

No way :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Scorpion venom

So is there really any point in going up in the morning ? If cant get a sim

• Registered Users Posts: 6 sean2010

adamtj09 wrote: »

When they ask you what you want in the que, seemly they give you tickets, will you ask for an extra 16gb in white please. They dont hold you to the sale, and if you dont buy, they just pass it on to the next person so theres no pressure on you.

If you dont mind of course ;)
    miralize wrote: »

No way :eek:

Dont panic thats normal lol... There are always the hard liners. Most will get there for 5 ish . You will still get your phone sans all night craic and a few hours more sleep.

sean2010 wrote: »
    Dont panic thats normal lol... There are always the hard liners. Most will get there for 5 ish . You will still get your phone sans all night craic and a few hours more sleep.

But sure if u can't get a sim as we're in the south what's the point ? And if I left house at 5:30 am would I get one coming from Dublin

So is there really any point in going up in the morning ? If cant get a sim

Its possible to trim down a micro sim, i have a few here to practice on.
    Also, its not only about getting it straight away, the networks will be limited in what they can sell, some shops will only get 5 phones, i remember when the 4S was released one shop had 2x32gb, 2x16gb in black and white and thats it.

if i had somewhere to park, id have no problem heading up now and hanging around for the laugh, but no way am i paying mega hours of parking!

Also, its not only about getting it straight away, the networks will be limited in what they can sell, some shops will only get 5 phones, i remember when the 4 was released one shop had 2x32gb, 2x16gb in black and white and thats it.

if i had somewhere to park, id have no problem heading up now and hanging around for the laugh, but no way am i paying mega hours of parking!

Its a tough one alright parking is not cheap :( but what's the odds on getting one if I arrived there at 7:30 am

• Advertisement

Its a tough one alright parking is not cheap :( but what's the odds on getting one if I arrived there at 7:30 am

i heard from people that qued before, that you would get one, just that you will be queing longer if that makes sense?

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Qwerty Dub

Also, its not only about getting it straight away, the networks will be limited in what they can sell, some shops will only get 5 phones, i remember when the 4 was released one shop had 2x32gb, 2x16gb in black and white and thats it.

Surely there is on-street parking for free during the night, or a cheaper alternative?

God I wish I was getting one tomorrow.

Have it on good authority that 3 were finalizing their pricing this evening. Didn't quite get it done before COB but will be announced tomorrow and there will be some sort of a pre-order system. Keep an eye on Facebook & Twitter I was told. Reps will announce here too no doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭ucd.1985

This can't be correct as the white wasn't even out then.

Qwerty Dub wrote: »
    Surely there is on-street parking for free during the night, or a cheaper alternative?

Most free spaces on street will expire at rush hour in the morning so while your in the que, you would have to leave to get the car into the underground, and maybe lose your place in the que so not worth it.

ucd.1985 wrote: »
    This can't be correct as the white wasn't even out then.

4S release sorry. Keep forgetting i went to Belfast too for my 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭ucd.1985

Safe travels to all those hitting the road in the early hours of tomorrow morning.

Very jealous. I headed up for the launch of the iP4 and while there was a delay with processing people I was lucky to be standing with a great group of lads and we had the chats for a good 4 hours.

Unfortunately I have to wait till next Friday to try and get mine due to the nature of the special work tariff I am on.

Enjoy your iP5.

I don't mind getting there for 7:30 if I get one but would be sick if I travelled up and didn't get one :(

I don't mind getting there for 7:30 if I get one but would be sick if I travelled up and didn't get one :(

If I didn't have to wait for my free (I hope) upgrade from 3 next week I would be heading up the M1 now :-)

I don't know what to do go up or not as sim card thing has me in 2 minds

• Registered Users Posts: 6 sean2010

If you get there for 7:30 you will get one for sure and most major Irish networks will have Nano SIMs this weekend in larger stores.

• Advertisement

If I wasn't waiting on upgrade I would see past the sim issue and be happy to use it on wifi and have it set up as I want it ready to go when a sim is available. How pee'd off will you be if you DONT go and the sims are available then and there is no stock left?

Be nice to be able to post a picture of your new phone next to your Corn Flakes tomorrow morning.

#DoIt

Qwerty Dub wrote: »
    If I wasn't waiting on upgrade I would see past the sim issue and be happy to use it on wifi and have it set up as I want it ready to go when a sim is available. How pee'd off will you be if you DONT go and the sims are available then and there is no stock left?

Be nice to be able to post a picture of your new phone next to your Corn Flakes tomorrow morning.

#DoIt

Haha true fair point alright ;)

Feck it I'm gonna head up I'll get up at 5am and leave a friend is coming up so not to bad

OK guys, if anybody wants to head up early and park at http://www.castlestreetcarpark.com/ They will do it for £6 stg all in.

John is the guys name and you can pay by VISA at the cash office, its a special rate for staying in local hotels, but he will honour it he says.

Might do this myself as it takes a bit of the unknown out of the parking costs, plus i have to go to the Liverpool shop for my suster afterwards and its near there.

OK guys, if anybody wants to head up early and park at http://www.castlestreetcarpark.com/ They will do it for £6 stg all in.

John is the guys name and you can pay by VISA at the cash office, its a special rate for staying in local hotels, but he will honour it he says.

Might do this myself as it takes a bit of the unknown out of the parking costs, plus i have to go to the Liverpool shop for my suster afterwards and its near there.

Happy days :) will he accept cash ?

Happy days :) will he accept cash ?

yep, but make sure to go to the cash office as the machine will try bill you the standard 20 quid or there abouts.

yep, but make sure to go to the cash office as the machine will try bill you the standard 20 quid or there abouts.

I will indeed :) thanks for that info pal

Safe driving gents and hopefully all Boardsies get looked after with whatever they head up for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,239 ✭✭✭Elessar

I've decided to sit this one out gents. Couldn't justify it this time. Might get a 5 in a few weeks. Hope you all get one!

Advertisement