Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread MkII

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭ali85

ShindyB wrote: »
    I cannot wait to see the 10st bracket again!! It's been too long!

Ah stop! I can't wait... I have just barely seen them once in the past 7 years!!! (10st 13.5st :P )

WI tonight... hope something moves this evening. I have been really good. Exercised 5 out of the last 6 days (mostly 30 mins walking briskly, some Wii Fit, some Zumba) earned 22 activity pp, only used 10 weeklies... and stuck within my pp each day... down 1lb would be brilliant.. it would have me on track for my pound a week until my friends hen....

The typical WI day nerves are at me... feeling yucky and bloated.... jeepers I hate when my body plays tricks on me!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

ShindyB wrote: »
    I cannot wait to see the 10st bracket again!! It's been too long!

That is like my dream - gonna be a long way to go, im looking forward to seeing the 12 stone bracket at the moment!

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭RachaelFergie

It angers me that 1 slice of brown bread is 2pp but 2 is 5!! Feels like I'm being robbed of a point!!!

Rant over!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭BaileyPants

ali85 wrote: »
    Ah stop! I can't wait... I have just barely seen them once in the past 7 years!!! (10st 13.5st :P )

WI tonight... hope something moves this evening. I have been really good. Exercised 5 out of the last 6 days (mostly 30 mins walking briskly, some Wii Fit, some Zumba) earned 22 activity pp, only used 10 weeklies... and stuck within my pp each day... down 1lb would be brilliant.. it would have me on track for my pound a week until my friends hen....

The typical WI day nerves are at me... feeling yucky and bloated.... jeepers I hate when my body plays tricks on me!!!!

Good Luck !! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭lisa_celtic

Last night we had a lovely treat for 17pp

For Dinner I had "The City Kitchen" - Chicken Curry and Rice 12pp

http://www.tesco.com/groceries/Product/Details/?id=271752081

and a valentines desert treat of

Weight Watchers Caramel Crunch 5pp Frickin NOM!!

http://www.heinz.co.uk/ourfood/weightwatchers/desserts/caramel-crunch-desserts

Great Value considering the damage that would of been done if we had of got takeaway as planned!!

Just had a look at the calender, I'm on Weight Watchers 25weeks today and have still lost 26lb so chin up after yesterdays gain!

I'd say I would be well in the 14st hitting 15st if I had not joined instead of 12s hittin 11s!! :)

• Advertisement

Last night we had a lovely treat for 17pp

For Dinner I had "The City Kitchen" - Chicken Curry and Rice 12pp

http://www.tesco.com/groceries/Product/Details/?id=271752081

and a valentines desert treat of

Weight Watchers Caramel Crunch 5pp Frickin NOM!!

http://www.heinz.co.uk/ourfood/weightwatchers/desserts/caramel-crunch-desserts

Great Value considering the damage that would of been done if we had of got takeaway as planned!!

Just had a look at the calender, I'm on Weight Watchers 25weeks today and have still lost 26lb so chin up after yesterdays gain!

I'd say I would be well in the 14st hitting 15st if I had not joined instead of 12s hittin 11s!! :)

Those 'The City Kitchen' Ready meals are great value - the Red Thai curry is only 12 too. So much tastier than the WW meals and it feels like a treat!

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭intouch44

Hey All

A friend was aking me if it is possible to find the PP info for TGI Fridays online, though ye clever folk might be able to point me in the right direction (if such a thing exists!!)

Thanks in advance :)

intouch44 wrote: »
    Hey All

A friend was aking me if it is possible to find the PP info for TGI Fridays online, though ye clever folk might be able to point me in the right direction (if such a thing exists!!)

Thanks in advance :)

TGI is in the eating out book, I have it at home so could tell you the points in any of the stuff you need later on. It is ridiculously high though - some of the dishes have over 40pp in them. I think the lowest is a veggie pasta at 16pp

Good Luck !! :D

thanks.... i have been really good... just hope it shows... :D

How did you get on this week??? I know you have your weigh in tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭intouch44

TGI is in the eating out book, I have it at home so could tell you the points in any of the stuff you need later on. It is ridiculously high though - some of the dishes have over 40pp in them. I think the lowest is a veggie pasta at 16pp

Was afraid it would be massive alright :(
    If you could look up chicken fajitas, chicken sandwich and the chips I'd be so grateful, no rush at all, heading to Dublin next weekend had considered treating myself but may have to avoid it at all cost, love that place though!!

• Advertisement

My god I have to worst heartburn in the world after my takeaway splurge last night. I used to get really bad heartburn but its been really good since I started on ww this year, hardly get it at all and when i do its mild. I used to devour packets of rennie but havent bought a pack since xmas! Today is kind of putting me off getting a takeaway again!!

If you could look up chicken fajitas, chicken sandwich and the chips I'd be so grateful, no rush at all, heading to Dublin next weekend had considered treating myself but may have to avoid it at all cost, love that place though!!

I think the fajitas are among the lower options but will post all of that when I get home for you later!

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭the west wing

I didn't come on yesterday cause I was up 1lb bringing me back into the twelves agh!!! Need to work my ass off this week were staying in at the weekend so that should help
    Well I was up 1lb last week but was down 4 1/2lbs this week so I wouldn't worry too much!

Chicken Fajita - 29pp
    Grilled Chicken Sandwich - 30pp (that's with fries)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

anybody got pro-points for chicken royal sandwish no cheese ???

no fries or drink just the sandwich

anybody got pro-points for chicken royal sandwish no cheese ???

no fries or drink just the sandwich
    Do you mean from Burger King? A Chicken Royale is 16pp.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

Do you mean from Burger King? A Chicken Royale is 16pp.

yep , ahh bugger didnt expect it to be that high :(

ok cheers , least i know were i am points wise today and cut back on something else

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

My god I have to worst heartburn in the world after my takeaway splurge last night. I used to get really bad heartburn but its been really good since I started on ww this year, hardly get it at all and when i do its mild. I used to devour packets of rennie but havent bought a pack since xmas! Today is kind of putting me off getting a takeaway again!!

I used to suffer really badly with heartburn before I started WW aswell. Always a huge pack of Rennie with me wherever I went. Since starting (over a year ago), I can count on one hand how many times I have got it and it was usually due to wine or another type of sweet alcohol :)

Anyone know the pp for sirloin steak cooked?

Anyone know the pp for sirloin steak cooked?
    Beef sirloin steak, lean, raw, 1 medium steak, 225g - 7pp

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Cliodhna26

First silver seven =)

Abs delighted!!

Really spurred me on and i'm full of motivation for the coming week!
    Now to work towards 5%, another 3 pounds to go.. Might not be too bad!!
    :confused:

Best of luck to everyone else for the coming week =)

Cliodhna26 wrote: »
    First silver seven =)

Abs delighted!!

Really spurred me on and i'm full of motivation for the coming week!
    Now to work towards 5%, another 3 pounds to go.. Might not be too bad!!
    :confused:

Best of luck to everyone else for the coming week =)
    Yay! That's great. Well done you!

• Advertisement

Just back from WI.... soooo disappointed ... STS... :( really gave it socks this week...

Had a good chat to my leader and she said to use more weeklies and see how it goes this week....

She said the fact I earned 22 activity pp and only used 12 weeklies could be why... so she ordered me to eat more .. try and tally the amount of activity pp I earn with more weeklies...

Really disappointed but feck it... next week will be a good week.... (it bloody better be! :P )

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

2lb down again. Whoop!

I also got my 2.5 stone silver 7 (really 1.5 but 2.5 since my heaviest) and my 10% sticker.

Das Kitty wrote: »
    2lb down again. Whoop!

I also got my 2.5 stone silver 7 (really 1.5 but 2.5 since my heaviest) and my 10% sticker.

Well done!! That's brilliant :)

Just back from WI.... soooo disappointed ... STS... :( really gave it socks this week...

Had a good chat to my leader and she said to use more weeklies and see how it goes this week....

She said the fact I earned 22 activity pp and only used 12 weeklies could be why... so she ordered me to eat more .. try and tally the amount of activity pp I earn with more weeklies...

Really disappointed but feck it... next week will be a good week.... (it bloody better be! :P )

I often hear people at my meeting saying they have a better weight loss when they use all of their points. I wouldn't be too worried about it. It may take another week for your efforts to show.
    Das Kitty wrote: »
    2lb down again. Whoop!

Congrats! That's brilliant!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Baby75

You know I think she is right, I exercised like a mad woman possessed, the first week back when we got out 26pp book and did not touch my weeklies just ate the 26 a day and I put up 1.5 my exercise pp would have been close to the 30 or more mark!

Now I have made sure I have eaten at least half of my weeklies and if I do a huge amount of exercise eat half of them or near enough to it! so far (FX for tomorrow ) I have lost 1 pound each week! happy with that feck it happy with 0.5 just as long as its in the right direction! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Danii86

Well done 2all with the losses!
    Im fully back on track today, yesterday was my 1st valentines being single in 7years so had a lil feeling sorry for myself being on my lonesome date with a galaxy bar and a caramel egg :(

Have been uber good today tho and went spinning aswel, giving it so much welly evn my wrists were sweating!!!
    Its my parents wedding anniversary 2day so i sent them out 4 dinner so had the pleasure of cooking just for me!!! Made an absolutly gourgeous lentil and BNS combo...used 50g of lentils (4pp), cooked them off and mixed them with half a roasted BNS and a roasted courgette( roasted them 2gether in a season n shake type oven bag with just some garlic). I added in some passata (lidl now do like a milk carton size carton of passata with a proper screw on lid, uber handy me thinks) and some seasoning....omg there was such a pile on my plate and it was sooo tasty and crazy filling!! All for only 4 pp!! Had it with an aldi lightly dusted fish fillet, such a filling dinner for 8pp and now iv 4 left for the evening thinkong of having a hot cross bun, there like 6pp, but i love them sooo much,esp toasted :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Cheeky_gal

Why would you be disappointed? Your weight has probably stayed the same because you've put on muscle with all the exercise :)

Have you noticed a difference in your clothes?

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭MaggieMay2

Okay so my leader and methinks I need to mix all my foods up this week give my body a shock as I've been the same for a while. Anyone any suggestions on 'mixing things up' have they done stuff that works etc. All suggestion very welcome.

Oh STS this week, hence the needing to shake things up, at a bit of a standstill even though I've been busting a gut :( But better than being up...:)

MaggieMay2 wrote: »
    Okay so my leader and methinks I need to mix all my foods up this week give my body a shock as I've been the same for a while. Anyone any suggestions on 'mixing things up' have they done stuff that works etc. All suggestion very welcome.

Oh STS this week, hence the needing to shake things up, at a bit of a standstill even though I've been busting a gut :( But better than being up...:)
    Have you tried doing a Filling and Healthy week? I found that really good and lost 5lb on it. Though I am a new member so that could be why I had such a good loss. However I still think by doing the F&H week, you are cutting out a lot of processed goods, so that might help you!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭twirlagig

Zip-a-dee-doo-dah, zip-a-dee-ay! I'm down 5 lbs today :D Flipping delighted!

That's 1st and 5 lbs I'm glad to see the back of! :p Was extra good this week with the eating and the walking and, I have to say, delighted the Rugby was called off because it saved me going on a serious lash of Pints and the obligatory trip to the chipper after! :p

Well done on yer losses this week guys! :) This thread is a godsend! x

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement