Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread MkII

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭the west wing

twirlagig wrote: »
    Zip-a-dee-doo-dah, zip-a-dee-ay! I'm down 5 lbs today :D Flipping delighted!

That's 1st and 5 lbs I'm glad to see the back of! :p Was extra good this week with the eating and the walking and, I have to say, delighted the Rugby was called off because it saved me going on a serious lash of Pints and the obligatory trip to the chipper after! :p

Well done on yer losses this week guys! :) This thread is a godsend! x
    Wow! That's fantastic!! I think you've got to be the biggest loser this week!! Congrats

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭MaggieMay2

Have you tried doing a Filling and Healthy week? I found that really good and lost 5lb on it. Though I am a new member so that could be why I had such a good loss. However I still think by doing the F&H week, you are cutting out a lot of processed goods, so that might help you!

Thanks west wing. Yea I need to pp every day as I'm not one of those people who could do the eating until satisfied. I'm not good at judging that. I prefer to know amounts etc. On saying that, I tend to make all my meals from scratch with non processed food. I have processed ham maybe a couple of times a week and a frozen dinner once in a blue moon :confused: I could cut back salt for a start, I'm heavy handed in making my wholesome non processed meals...ahem :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭twirlagig

Wow! That's fantastic!! I think you've got to be the biggest loser this week!! Congrats

Thanks a mill west wing! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 kaireland

Weight Watchers is great for portion control. It's a flexible system as you can eat everything you like. You could probably become a bit obsessed counting points, but if you're used to eating a lot - or big portions- there has to be some way of controlling your intake so the points system works fine. I would advise you to choose as many healthy foods as possible, say 90-95% healthy food, 5-10% treats. I've heard about people using their points in alcohol, chocolate and junk food. If you stick to your points you probably lose weight anyway, but you might not be providing important nutrients that your body needs. Just make sure to do wise and healthy choices. The leaders are not nutrition professionals so sometimes their advise may not be adequate, but they have lost a lot of weight with the system and can give you lots of advice and motivation. Also, it's not expensive. You are not obliged to buy their products or food. It's up to you. You can follow the program without buying their branded food at all so you just pay for the weekly meetings which is €10 - considering you probably spend more on biscuits, chocolates or other treats-. It's a sensible investment for your health :D There are other weight loss programs or products which are very expensive and not worth it to be honest. For example, Motivation Clinics costs circa €600 for 20 weeks plus lots of products you have to buy from them (at least €30 per week or more). They really push their products and their "practitioners" are salespeople only worried only about commission and selling and not your health at all. They're not nutritional professionals either, but at least Weight Watchers leaders decide to run meetings in order to genuinely help and motivate others, not just to gain €€€. Good luck with Weight Watchers if you decide to join! I know lots of people who have successfully lost weight with the system.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Baby75

twirlagig wrote: »
    Thanks a mill west wing! :)

Well done :) that's brilliant! man I love a loss like that LOL

• Advertisement

Baby75 wrote: »
    Well done :) that's brilliant! man I love a loss like that LOL

Thanks baby! Haven't had one like that since week 1 or so, so was over the moon :)

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭ali85

Cheeky_gal wrote: »
    Why would you be disappointed? Your weight has probably stayed the same because you've put on muscle with all the exercise :)

Have you noticed a difference in your clothes?

ah yea i am. I was always an inbetween size as i have a small waist and a big belly so was always a size 15 or 17 rather than 14, 16 or 18 ;) ... im in between the 12-14 now. have lost 4.5 inches off my jelly belly and have lost 11lb in 6 weeks so i know i am doing well... was just disappointed that my hard work this week didnt show... hopefully next week it will.

am going to try and eat more of my weeklies this week. even if i use around the 20 mark just to see if it makes a difference. i earned 22 activity pp and only used 12 weeklies so i'll follow the advice and push on this week...

its just a blip! and at least its not a gain.... have to think positively!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭lisa_celtic

Operation transformation is coming to an end next week :( very good show this week. Had the biggest loser recorded the girls looked fab after the make over! If anyone here fancys it we should het together for a make over and shopping!

Operation transformation is coming to an end next week :( very good show this week. Had the biggest loser recorded the girls looked fab after the make over! If anyone here fancys it we should het together for a make over and shopping!
    We should definitely do that! It's my friend's birthday this week so as a present I'm bringing her to the Bare Minerals counter in Debenhams and we're getting makeovers done on Friday. We're heading out that night and I'll be wearing my new blue dress plus I am getting my hair done. You'd swear it was my birthday! But I vowed in January that instead of going out every week and going over my points and then feeling miserable as I wasn't losing any weight, I would instead go out for occasions and make a big deal of it. That way going out really in a treat and it becomes more memorable.

Definitely getting a new dress and makeover has made me way more motivated in the last week or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 figgy883

Seriously could do with some help, have a hen party this weekend and i am dreading how to manage it. All tips would be very grateful. I was down 3.5 this week and into a new stone really don't want to go back up. Well done on all the losses :)

• Advertisement

We should definitely do that! It's my friend's birthday this week so as a present I'm bringing her to the Bare Minerals counter in Debenhams and we're getting makeovers done on Friday. We're heading out that night and I'll be wearing my new blue dress plus I am getting my hair done. You'd swear it was my birthday! But I vowed in January that instead of going out every week and going over my points and then feeling miserable as I wasn't losing any weight, I would instead go out for occasions and make a big deal of it. That way going out really in a treat and it becomes more memorable.

Definitely getting a new dress and makeover has made me way more motivated in the last week or so.

That sounds brill! Good for you! :)

figgy883 wrote: »
    Seriously could do with some help, have a hen party this weekend and i am dreading how to manage it. All tips would be very grateful. I was down 3.5 this week and into a new stone really don't want to go back up. Well done on all the losses :)
    My only advice is to try and limit the damage during the rest of the week. Make lots of no-points soup, eat lots of fruit and bulk up meals with a lot of veg. I'd cut down on carbs as you'll be bloated from the alcohol and try to drink as much water as you can both at the weekend and after.

I've a big party that I'm going to on Friday and plan on drinking a lot. One thing I am going to do is to count how many drinks I actually have so that I know what the damage is. That way I won't be over or under estimating. It's easy to keep track by putting a note on your phone every time you have a drink (also it's subtle and won't draw attention).

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭foundry

Hi all,

I lost 2lbs tonight! Thrilled as I feel the weight loss is very slow this time round.

Yesterday I tried on the dress I wore NYE, it didn't fit me right but it was the best out of a bad bunch lets say. I went out that night feeling just rotten. Dress was so tight on my stomach, I had a cushion/handbag on my belly all night. Felt like crap, it was a real final straw moment.

Yesterday I sat down with comfort in the same dress! And not a cushion it sight!

Really opened my eyes to not dwell so much on numbers.
    I have a long way to go but I got a glimpse of the light at the end of the tunnel and I loved it! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2 figgy883

My only advice is to try and limit the damage during the rest of the week. Make lots of no-points soup, eat lots of fruit and bulk up meals with a lot of veg. I'd cut down on carbs as you'll be bloated from the alcohol and try to drink as much water as you can both at the weekend and after.

I've a big party that I'm going to on Friday and plan on drinking a lot. One thing I am going to do is to count how many drinks I actually have so that I know what the damage is. That way I won't be over or under estimating. It's easy to keep track by putting a note on your phone every time you have a drink (also it's subtle and won't draw attention).
    Thanks so much for the help, weekends like this have to be done. Losing weight can't take over my life! However I must admit I am scared.com

foundry wrote: »
    Hi all,

I lost 2lbs tonight! Thrilled as I feel the weight loss is very slow this time round.

Yesterday I tried on the dress I wore NYE, it didn't fit me right but it was the best out of a bad bunch lets say. I went out that night feeling just rotten. Dress was so tight on my stomach, I had a cushion/handbag on my belly all night. Felt like crap, it was a real final straw moment.

Yesterday I sat down with comfort in the same dress! And not a cushion it sight!

I have a long way to go but I got a glimpse of the light at the end of the tunnel and I loved it! :D

Well done you! :D
    I had jeans on in my home house over Xmas - they ruined my day! :mad: Felt so tight and uncomfortable I couldn't settle all day - ended up in my pj's at half 5! :( That was my kickstart moment for me ;) The same jeans are loose on me now, great buzz! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Nesie

Help!!!

So I have a date tomorrow night .... and it's dinner...and it's the day before my weigh in. He said I can pick the restaurant...anyone got any suggestions for Dublin city centre?

Nesie wrote: »
    Help!!!

So I have a date tomorrow night .... and it's dinner...and it's the day before my weigh in. He said I can pick the restaurant...anyone got any suggestions for Dublin city centre?
    How many points are you allowed per day?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

MaggieMay2 wrote: »
    Okay so my leader and methinks I need to mix all my foods up this week give my body a shock as I've been the same for a while. Anyone any suggestions on 'mixing things up' have they done stuff that works etc. All suggestion very welcome.

Oh STS this week, hence the needing to shake things up, at a bit of a standstill even though I've been busting a gut :( But better than being up...:)

About 10 months ago, when my weight started to stall for no reason, I changed up my foods. I had fruit salad and yoghurt for breakfast (instead of cereal) and had protein packed salad (instead of wrap/pitta) and then meat and rice (instead of potatoe) for dinner. So it was kind of like a low carb week as I only had carbs with my dinner and my treat. I did it for the weekdays and I was down 4lb the following week. You could also try changing your exercise for at least 2 of the days. Perhaps (if you don't have a gym membership), find a pay as you go swimming pool and go swimming twice in the week (if that's something you don't regularly do, or vice versa).

I have also heard spicy food kick starts your metabolism but I don't know how reliable it is.

Nesie wrote: »
    Help!!!

Ok so here are a few ideas:
    Nando’s
    Chicken Breast Fillet Burger – 10pp
    Chicken Breast Fillet Pitta – 11pp
    Veggie Burger or Pitta – 10pp
    Caesar Salad – 6pp
    Couscous Salad – 6
    Mediterranean Salad – 5pp
    Chips (Regular) – 9pp
    Mixed Leaf Salad – 1pp

Milanos
    Classic Pizza pp/ Romana Pizza pp
    Four Seasons – 18pp/20pp
    Margherita – 18pp/20pp
    Quattro Formaggi – 20pp/24pp
    Pollo ad Astra – 18pp/23pp
    Gustosa – 14pp
    Lasagne – 19pp

Chinese
    Chicken and Cashew nuts - 9pp
    Chicken with mushroom - 8pp
    Mushroom Chow Mein - 6pp
    Sweet and Sour Prawns - 10pp
    Plain boiled rice - 12pp

Indian
    Chicken Balti - 18pp
    Chicken Korma - 24pp
    Lamb Rogan Josh - 29pp
    Chicken Vindaloo - 23pp
    Prawn Dopiaza - 17pp
    Vegtable Curry - 15pp
    Plain Naan - 12pp
    Poppadom - 4pp

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

ali85 wrote: »
    ah yea i am. I was always an inbetween size as i have a small waist and a big belly so was always a size 15 or 17 rather than 14, 16 or 18 ;) ... im in between the 12-14 now. have lost 4.5 inches off my jelly belly and have lost 11lb in 6 weeks so i know i am doing well... was just disappointed that my hard work this week didnt show... hopefully next week it will.

am going to try and eat more of my weeklies this week. even if i use around the 20 mark just to see if it makes a difference. i earned 22 activity pp and only used 12 weeklies so i'll follow the advice and push on this week...

its just a blip! and at least its not a gain.... have to think positively!!! :D

Just remember 11lbs in 6 weeks is almost 2lbs a week on average! Good steady weight loss that stays off is better than speedy loss that goes back on! Sometimes your body just needs a week to adjust! Try using more weeklies (thats what they are there for)!!

I'd say save all your weeklies for it, on the day fill up all day on fruit,veg and 0pp soup and use a few dailies as you can. If you are eating out for it, go for a protein heavy meal rather than a carb heavy - like a steak with lots of veg/salad or a piece of fish. And if you are into spirits then just go with your diet mixers and have a glass of water with or between each one to slow down your drinking (obv not including the obligatory shots for a hen which have to be done)
    foundry wrote: »
    Hi all,

I love that feeling, I squeezed myself into a pair of jeans on New Years and I was so uncomfortable all night - same as you bag or cushion in front of my belly, and each time I went to the loo it was harder to close the button til i eventually gave up and left it open (under a very loose top). Now the jeans fit comfortably and it feels amazing :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Nesie

How many points are you allowed per day?

on 30 per day and have built up a few (10) exercise points during the week. i really hate using them though! I do have about 15 weeklies left. Between breakfast and lunch i would use about 10 (minimum).

so that leaves me with 35-45... seems ok based on the suggestions above (which are so so so so much appreciated!)

thanks!!!

Ok so here are a few ideas:
    Nando’s
    Chicken Breast Fillet Burger – 10pp
    Chicken Breast Fillet Pitta – 11pp
    Veggie Burger or Pitta – 10pp
    Caesar Salad – 6pp
    Couscous Salad – 6
    Mediterranean Salad – 5pp
    Chips (Regular) – 9pp
    Mixed Leaf Salad – 1pp

Milanos
    Classic Pizza pp/ Romana Pizza pp
    Four Seasons – 18pp/20pp
    Margherita – 18pp/20pp
    Quattro Formaggi – 20pp/24pp
    Pollo ad Astra – 18pp/23pp
    Gustosa – 14pp
    Lasagne – 19pp

The Legara Range in Milanos is also brilliant! Very low and tasty too!

The Legara Range in Milanos is also brilliant! Very low and tasty too!
    I was going to put up a few of the Legara range, but when I compared the menu with the Eating Out guide, only the Gustosa pizza was the same, all the rest weren't in the guide, which is a shame. (though I don't have the most recent guide)

I was going to put up a few of the Legara range, but when I compared the menu with the Eating Out guide, only the Gustosa pizza was the same, all the rest weren't in the guide, which is a shame. (though I don't have the most recent guide)

Legaro menu is as follows

Starter:
    Crostini al pomodoro 5pp

Pizzas:
    Margherita 13pp
    Gustosa 14pp
    Mare e Monti 14pp
    Verdure 16pp

Dessert:
    Sotto Zero 6pp

So for 35pp you could have 3 courses and have some wine on top!

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭hollee

Just catching up with the last couple of days posts and there have been some really great losses, its really motivating, congrats to all!

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭username2010

hollee wrote: »
    Just catching up with the last couple of days posts and there have been some really great losses, its really motivating, congrats to all!

Hey!
    I have to second that - some great losses....

And I completely agree with those talking about clothes starting to fit better.
    I've been squeezing myself into my work clothes for months. I kept telling myself I wouldn't buy bigger clothes as I wasn't going to stay the bigger weight. Eventually I had to upsize and get some bits...Well now the bigger clothes are getting loose and the smaller clothes are nearly fitting me again.
    Definitely feels great!

I've been out for a meal twice this week (tough life I know)...I did ok the first time (Tuna steak and salad in Rustic stone) but I think I might have broken the points bank yesterday...
    Still - it's off to the gym for me tonight and determined to be good for the next few days...

Have a good day all!

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭ShindyB

Well done on all the losses! can't believe it's thursday already! Week is flying by! Have been soooooo good this week, went running everyday. Did 6km yesterday which is the most I've ever done,trying to build up slowly! Had chicken chow mein stirfry for dinner yesterday. Yellowfin Sole with green beans, brocolli and carrots on the menu for today! No nights out planned for the weekend either TG! Doing the Operation Transformation run in the Phoenix Park on Saturday and cooking a WW lasagne when I get home from it! Can't wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭ShindyB

Just came across a really good quote that is going to become my weight loss mantra:

"Eat to meet long term goals, not short term satisfaction"

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭BaileyPants

ali85 wrote: »
    thanks.... i have been really good... just hope it shows... :D

How did you get on this week??? I know you have your weigh in tomorrow

Hiya! I put on my blog roughly how I got on this week! Walking every day, so I hope I do okay ;)

http://tonesqueeze.blogspot.com/2012/02/valentines-day-vs-tomorrows-wi.html

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement