Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread MkII

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

Down 4 1/2 lbs today! Absolutely delighted! Makes up for putting on a pound last week.

That's brilliant! Congrats :)

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭ali85

Down 4 1/2 lbs today! Absolutely delighted! Makes up for putting on a pound last week.

Thats brilliant Westwing!!! fair play!!!Just shows you... one bad week doesn't mess everything up.... Just takes some time for all your good work to show...

That is just amazing!!! You should be sooooooo proud!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭RachaelFergie

Congrats that is brill!! Jealous much

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Baby75

ali85 wrote: »
    I am really making a concious effort to get active this time around... my aul peg leg is really starting to build up which is great considering this time last year i couldn't walk on it at all.(last valentines day I was still on the crutches and almost killed myself walking around the corner from the house to Lidl... I will never forget it as long as I live!) .. I started slowly with the walking and the step aerobics but like you say you kinda need an aul push to get those few lbs down... Hoping for some kind of movement on the scales tomorrow... Had a sneaky look at the scales this morning and it looks like I am the same... but what can ya do... I know I am making changes for the better...

Ouch! fair play getting back on your feet! when wi sts could stay or be down so dont count them eggs yet :)
    Down 4 1/2 lbs today! Absolutely delighted! Makes up for putting on a pound last week.[/QUOTE

That is brilliant well done! wouldnt mind one of them my self!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Boop22

Hi all,

Has anybody got the receipe for the bran or banana muffins that were on here a while ago? Or a receipe for any sort of low fat muffins/cupcakes??

• Advertisement

Boop22 wrote: »
    Hi all,

Has anybody got the receipe for the bran or banana muffins that were on here a while ago? Or a receipe for any sort of low fat muffins/cupcakes??

I have some will post link for you in process of typing them up!

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭BaileyPants

Oh my goodness WW! Sure that's only fab! Congratulations! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

ShindyB wrote: »
    Right - Lets give this another go then. Gonna do my weigh ins at home on a Monday morning and follow the programme myself with the OH keeping tabs on me. Starting weight - 11st 10 and 3/4 pounds.

I'm glad you have decided to give it another go :) I really hope it works out for you.

I have my WI tomorrow but not really sure what to expect. I have stopped myself from stepping on the scales during the week. I feel good but I didn't do as much exercise as I should have :mad:

Well done west wing on such a great loss :)

WI in a matter of hours and am getting the usual nervous sick/stone in stomach feeling! Though after my big loss last week will not be disappointed with anything this week (well except putting back on what i lost last week obviously)

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭the west wing

Girls I need help! I'm currently out drinking. How many pp is Malibu? I think 3pp but I could be way out.

• Advertisement

Girls I need help! I'm currently out drinking. How many pp is Malibu? I think 3pp but I could be way out.

Yep 3pp :-)

hi girls... hope you are having a nice night...

can anyone tell me, and im sure I have asked this before, but how many of your weeklies do you all usually use...

I have used 12 weeklies, but aside from that I have stayed within my dailies all week.... even made a point of using each spare pp.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭JudyD

Hey girlies, Happy Valentines Day!

I was a bit disappointed to be up .5lb today after sticking to my points all week.. Just wondering if its caused I used half my weeklies when last week I only used 4 or 5?

Hurt my back horse-riding sunday as well. Such a shame as it was my 1st time in on a horse in about 10 years and DH was thoughtful enough to organise it as a valentines present. Anyway that meant no gym yesterday so maybe that made an impact?

Ah well - will stick at it and hopefully will be well shot of it by next week. Going to treat myself and DH with a nice carbonara and lovely glass of vino (which I have been dying for all day!) and watch Friends with Benefits - can't wait!

Hope you all have a great eve whatever you're up to.

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭intouch44

up a pound and a half, not surprised, relieved it wasn't more to be honest!

gonna give myself a good run at it this week, have a quiet weekend ahead of me and am hopin the gain is the kick up the ass i need!

Happy valentines day everyone :)

can anyone tell me, and im sure I have asked this before, but how many of your weeklies do you all usually use...

I have used 12 weeklies, but aside from that I have stayed within my dailies all week.... even made a point of using each spare pp.

I wish I had your problem! How do you stay within your points so easily? I have to really work at it, and I go over into my weeklies most days. I don't go over my overall points, but I don't think I could manage on 27 only every day..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

I use 95% if not all of my weeklies every week. I find it hard not to. I like a few drinks at home with the OH on the weekend and a packet or 2 of snack-a-jacks so that uses up a fair few. I tried to only use half last weekend but because we were celebrating Valentines on Saturday, I ended up using all of them.

Ugh, feeling really crap. Have a throat infection and blocked sinuses and my plan was to walk on Saturday (which I did) and Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday (WI on Thursday) but since yesterday, have been feeling so miserable that I haven't done a tap and won't feel like it tomorrow either. I went over my PP by 10PP yesterday because I was just picking at mccambridge bread and real butter etc and I stepped on my scales this evening (I know I shouldn't but i'm a scales addict) and it says I am up 1lb. I don't understand at all. 10PP is about 400 calories. You have to consume an extra 3,500 calories in a week to gain a pound... so annoyed. It is so easy for me to put on weight, but super super hard to lose it and I just don't understand!! :(

I wish I had your problem! How do you stay within your points so easily? I have to really work at it, and I go over into my weeklies most days. I don't go over my overall points, but I don't think I could manage on 27 only every day..

I fill up on fruit and veggies all the time... bring my lunch/breakfast with me to work so i have the likes of cracottes with low low cheese or cereal for breakfast with 2 mandarins, grapes, apple etc... then for lunch i have like a wrap (I use the tesco light choices ones for 4pp each) with ham and low low cheese (can you sense a theme here? :P ) with a yogurt or fruit (today i had mandarins, grapes and carrot sticks to pick at) that leaves me with well over 14/15pp for my dinner... i usually fill up on veggies alongside chicken/beef or fish...

tonight I had 14pp left so i had a portion of WW chips (5pp) and one of the lightly dusted fish fillets that were recommended i think by tiny penguin... they are 4pp... and i had loadsa veggies so i still have 5pp left... going to have one of the ww eclairs in a bit... might even have two.... ;)

just try to mix up my veggies a bit that way i don't just get mushy veg every day... it would drive me bananas... ha!

i tend to use my weeklies on a wednesday night with a take away or something really naughty then be good for the rest of the week....

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭RachaelFergie

Monife wrote: »
    I use 95% if not all of my weeklies every week. I find it hard not to. I like a few drinks at home with the OH on the weekend and a packet or 2 of snack-a-jacks so that uses up a fair few. I tried to only use half last weekend but because we were celebrating Valentines on Saturday, I ended up using all of them.

Ugh, feeling really crap. Have a throat infection and blocked sinuses and my plan was to walk on Saturday (which I did) and Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday (WI on Thursday) but since yesterday, have been feeling so miserable that I haven't done a tap and won't feel like it tomorrow either. I went over my PP by 10PP yesterday because I was just picking at mccambridge bread and real butter etc and I stepped on my scales this evening (I know I shouldn't but i'm a scales addict) and it says I am up 1lb. I don't understand at all. 10PP is about 400 calories. You have to consume an extra 3,500 calories in a week to gain a pound... so annoyed. It is so easy for me to put on weight, but super super hard to lose it and I just don't understand!! :(

Monife, I'm the very same as u!! If I go over my points at all that's it I'm up!! My friend could eat a whole pizza and not gain a pound!! If I look àt the pizza poof I'm up 4lb!!

Try to just put it passed u! I'm an awful picker (ESP between 5 & 6) so I have bought chubba Chubb lollies and I'm making it last me an hour!! It's kept me away from the cheese for the last few days!! (which isn't easy)

Now come on build a bridge over yesterday and today and start again tomorrow! U know u can do it!!! :D

I feel for you, if you feel half as bad as I did with blocked sinus! I thought migraine pain was bad! your better off taking a small break from exercise if your not feeling well, I did last week as well. you know there is a difference of about a pound or two through out the day you normally weigh more at night than in the morning, I say it will be gone by Thursday WI, just rest and eat well for the rest of the week! I know for a fact if I stepped on the scales it show me up now! its a pain how easy it can go on and takes an age to come back off. don't beat your self up about it now esp when your not feeling so well.

Mine goes on in a flash! yet I'm still here trying to get back to were I was before Christmas! crawls off at snails pace! just as long as it keeps that up and I will be happy!

Nearly for got to post this, cupcake recipe!http://niamhweightlossjourney.blogspot.com/

Oh I made the Smoked Haddock and potato parcels for dinner to night OMG yummy was not the words! every one loved it even the kids! I'm not a great fish eater but I loved it and will be having it again. my first time eating asparagus as well and loved it:D

If any one wants the recipe let me know and I will post it! although its on youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80M3RkWq95A so here you are enjoy if you like fish!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

I fill up on fruit and veggies all the time... bring my lunch/breakfast with me to work so i have the likes of cracottes with low low cheese or cereal for breakfast with 2 mandarins, grapes, apple etc... then for lunch i have like a wrap (I use the tesco light choices ones for 4pp each) with ham and low low cheese (can you sense a theme here? :P ) with a yogurt or fruit (today i had mandarins, grapes and carrot sticks to pick at) that leaves me with well over 14/15pp for my dinner... i usually fill up on veggies alongside chicken/beef or fish...

tonight I had 14pp left so i had a portion of WW chips (5pp) and one of the lightly dusted fish fillets that were recommended i think by tiny penguin... they are 4pp... and i had loadsa veggies so i still have 5pp left... going to have one of the ww eclairs in a bit... might even have two.... ;)

just try to mix up my veggies a bit that way i don't just get mushy veg every day... it would drive me bananas... ha!

i tend to use my weeklies on a wednesday night with a take away or something really naughty then be good for the rest of the week....

Where do you get the WW chips? I have never seen them. And how many grams do you get for 5PP because there are some "normal" oven chips (I think one of the green isle ones, correct me if I am wrong) are 5PP for 150g.

Where do you get the WW chips? I have never seen them. And how many grams do you get for 5PP because there are some "normal" oven chips (I think one of the green isle ones, correct me if I am wrong) are 5PP for 150g.

i got them in iceland this evening... went down to get the mash potato and saw them in the fridge i just picked up a bag...

If i had have known the green isle ones were better pp wise i would have got them....

iceland is great for the WW stuff.... €1.75 for the ready meals and €2 for the mash and the chips... the pizzas were the same, but they had none tonight....

Picked up some of the broccoli & mushroom wedge melts and the ravioli... love them both and they are handy at the weekends for a lightish lunch...

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭username2010

Baby75 wrote: »
    Nearly for got to post this, cupcake recipe!http://niamhweightlossjourney.blogspot.com/

Oh I made the Smoked Haddock and potato parcels for dinner to night OMG yummy was not the words! every one loved it even the kids! I'm not a great fish eater but I loved it and will be having it again. my first time eating asparagus as well and loved it:D

If any one wants the recipe let me know and I will post it! although its on youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80M3RkWq95A so here you are enjoy if you like fish!

Thanks for the recipes!!...Feeling hungry already!....

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭zookey

hi how is everyone finding weight watchers?... i have recently joined & would appreciate any advice or tips ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

Was relatively good this week, apart from going bit mad at the weekend but did stay within my pp and was up half a pound... So disappointed. I really need to cop on and stop faffing about, it's getting ridiculous really.
    I've to just stop the treats full stop I think. Ugh so annoyed at myself!

Had my WI and down half a pound! No major loss but am happy as long as I am still seeing minus on the scales :-)

Then got home and was spoilt rotton by my OH - I told him I'm not big into valentines so we would just do cards and a takeaway - but he showed up with flowers and a photo frame with a picture of us in it! Was so glad I decided to buy valentines cupcakes for after the takeaway! Was totally naughty and pigged out to no end tonight, thai takeaway with starters and a cupcake for dessert. Back on the wagon tomorrow though and gonna hit the gym big time. Also no major nights or events planned for this week so gonna use as few of the 49 as possible!!

Best of luck everyone with their WI's this week!

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭lisa_celtic

I didn't come on yesterday cause I was up 1lb bringing me back into the twelves agh!!! Need to work my ass off this week were staying in at the weekend so that should help

I didn't come on yesterday cause I was up 1lb bringing me back into the twelves agh!!! Need to work my ass off this week were staying in at the weekend so that should help

Ah don't fret Lisa, it's only one week and there are many weeks to go ie. a lifetime ;) So don't worry about it. As this is a life change and not a diet, there will of course be weeks where we are up and sts, sure if we just kept losing for the rest of our lives there'd be nothing left of us :p There'll even be weeks where we should definitely have lost but our bodies are not having it, and that's just the way it is, but those weeks will be few and far between hopefully. Sure I had a personal pizza from pizza hut and some nachos last nght, I think I'm over my weeklies by about 10 pp, but couldn't be sure. But if I'm up or sts this week I won't mind, because I'm never going to be perfect every week, you have to splash out and celebrate sometimes, but once you get back on track afterwards you'll be fine in the long run.

Don't beat yourself up hun x

do you notice that when you get to a new stone bracket its like a tug of war for a week to two before the body sorts it self and stays in the new stone bracket! Im hoping this week I finally get back in to the 11 and stay there then onwards to the tens!

you will be back in the 11 bracket before you know it! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭ShindyB

I cannot wait to see the 10st bracket again!! It's been too long!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement