Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread MkII

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Boop22 wrote: »
    Hi All,

Down 2.5lbs at WI last nite, thats 7.5lbs in 2 weeks, so happy:D

I am very nervous about today though. Have to go out for lunhc with work today and am also meeting friends for dinner and drinks tonight. Don't know how I am going to stick within the 49 weeklies today and it's only day 1 of my week.

Where we're going for lunch is usually carvery - Beef or Chicken with Mash and Veg. Have no idea how to point this as I don't know what has been added to the mash etc.

I am going to a restaurant called café bliss tonight off George's street in Dublin. It's €10 for main course and its BYOB:) Great value money wise but again I don't know what my best option food wise would be:confused: Has anyone else been here before?? Also, how many points are in a bottle of ww wine?

Thanks

Had a look at the menu on menu pages and I would say your best choices for main course are:

Greek Salad
    Vegetarian Chilli
    Cajun Chicken Wrap
    Ratatouille Wrap
    Piri Piri (which I am guessing is spicy chicken)

WW Wine is 12PP per bottle (You can get it in JC's in Swords) but if you are planning on getting merry, I don't think that would help as it is only 8% per bottle (so double the strength of alcopops).

For the carvery, try to stick to meat without fat or breadcrumbs or anything deep fat fried. Go with mash potatoe (leave the roast ones - 4PP per roastie) and what I would do is try and guestimate how many grams of it are on your plate and then add a few PP for whatever is added. Don't forget to PP the stuffing and gravy too. I would say (from eating where you're going, just so the ladies don't think i'm talking through my ar*e lol) it is about 200g of mash (so 4PP) and then I would probably add 2 or 3PP for whatever has been added to it.

Most importantly, enjoy!! Life is for living and we can't all be perfect all the time, and if you do have a little slip, draw a line under it and start again tomorrow (no chicken fillet roll ha ha). :)

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Danii86

Anyone know the points for a small roll?? The little soup size 1s? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Danii86 wrote: »
    Anyone know the points for a small roll?? The little soup size 1s? Thanks

Not sure of the PP for that but I know a demi-baguette (the ones in the deli) are 8PP and I think a petit pain is 5PP so I would guestimate them to be 3PP.

Thanks monife, ended up going for the better option of brown soda bread instead :)

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Boop22

Monife wrote: »
    Most importantly, enjoy!! Life is for living and we can't all be perfect all the time, and if you do have a little slip, draw a line under it and start again tomorrow (no chicken fillet roll ha ha). :)

Thanks a mill. 8% is nothing, think I'll stick to the vodka - not sure how well the restuarant will take it though walking in with a naggin. ha ha ha it is bring your own drink by the way im not just sneaking it in :p

I'll try make the best choices I can and be extra good for the rest of the week then and up the exercise. Have a great weekend:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭ShindyB

Just enjoyed a lovely low fat sub from subway after finishing a presentation in college that I've been getting ready for for the past fortnight! My god it was lovely and all within my daily points! Even have 13 points left for dinner later! Happy days!

Anyone else doing the operation transformation fun run tomorrow?!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Baby75

Cliodhna26 wrote: »
    I have a recipe for cookies that requires polyunsaturated margerine..

Could anyone tell me what brand of margerine this is? I have googled and googled but I am none the wiser!

Thanks!

Flora may be! it will be hard to get a low fat one I think!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Baby75

I was down 1.5 this week back in to the 11's :) great to see it slowly heading in the right direction I will get there in the end!

This week is going to be a hard one! I have 4 birthdays, my MIL was last night but we made this cake for her http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=scH2BtXBupw&feature=g-user-f&context=G2cb9c1fUCGXQYbcTJ33Z8jBbYB32JDfYuVHIhsaHI6F4T_zl9ONE it's out of the complete kitchen book and was lovely really enjoyed it!
    tomorrow night I have a party to go to, I'm helping make the food so that will help I hope, then my sons 11th birthday on Monday and my Mothers birthday Sunday!
    I will be making all the cakes etc so it will help and I guess the key is track and plan them in! so next week I will let you all know if it is possible to lose weight and have so many cakes etc in the way :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

My computer died a sad little death last night (I am hoping it is just the charger or the battery, both of which i can replace pretty easily!) But yeh this means I wont be posting as much over the weekend! (Find posting on my phone a little annoying cos I hate the tiny keyboard)!

Have my parents coming over for dinner tomorrow night and my dad told me he is now trying to lose weight and so for once will not complain about my WW recipes. I still have no idea what to cook - has to be fish as my mum doesnt eat meat but wanna find something really nice! Gonna go through every WW recipe I have until I find the right dinner and dessert for as low pp as possible :-)

Hope everyone has a good weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭MarthaMyDear

Can anyone recommend a good choice pro points wise off this menu? My points reset today so I have all my weeklies but didn't have a good week so don't wanna be really bold! Will also be drinking too. If anyone could estimate any of the points i'd be very grateful! Don't like going out without a plan!

http://www.hartesbar.ie/index.php/menus/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭hollee

Ok, someone help me here and give me some idea how many propoints are in a starter portion of honey ribs from the chinese?

Im trying not to loose the run of myself this weekend, have baked lots of cupcakes for my nieces party tomorrow and have pointed everything, getting good at pointing stuff, but guessing the likes of chinese just drives me crazy! Im not very good at it. Help!

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭hollee

Oh this might come in handy next tuesday :-)

http://www.mwah.ie/2011/03/weight-watchers-propoints-pancake-recipe/

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭lisa_celtic

God I am board!! Keep me away from the Kitchen...

Have tomorrow all to myself as boyfriend is in Dublin working.. think its the first time in 12months i have a day all to me.. am thinking i will have

Breakfast of 2*egg 4pp, 2*bacon 1pp, tomato 0pp, toast 4pp total of 9pp

Lunch of Carrot and Apple Salad 0pp, Grilled Chicken 4pp, Sweet Chilli 1pp total of 5pp

Dinner of 2 Birdseye Cod Cakes 5pp, Chips 6pp, Curry 1pp, Cheese 2pp total 14pp

Fruit Clemintine, banana

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Steelpony

hollee wrote: »
    Ok, someone help me here and give me some idea how many propoints are in a starter portion of honey ribs from the chinese?

Im trying not to loose the run of myself this weekend, have baked lots of cupcakes for my nieces party tomorrow and have pointed everything, getting good at pointing stuff, but guessing the likes of chinese just drives me crazy! Im not very good at it. Help!

Hi 100 Gr portion has 9 pro points.

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭ali85

Had such a lovely dinner tonight..

Fish fingers, chips and egg.... sooooo nice and only 11pp.... :)

Had the Wii fit on, and the zumba... me and the little one hoppin round the sitting room like mad things... was great craic....

Great way to earn some activity points.... :)

Hopefully tomorrow is as good! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3 carneen

Thanks, Ali85, I think I might find the motivation I need here!.. hopefully anyway!also had a look at your blog, some nice recipes that I shall be testing! I'll let ye know how my monday night weigh in goes... hopefully this week i'll be down!

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭intouch44

Would love to know how people stay motivated/ on track?

I have no doubts that the ww system is effective and works but from previous posts its probably clear that my willpower isn't the best at times, do ye reward yourselves at every silver 7 or remind yourselves of yer goal?

I really really wanna get to goal and maintain this time but I'm really concerned that my eating habits haven't really changed- so I'm not gonna be successful! I can go great for 4/5 days and then I just binge- almost for the sake of it, really need to break this crappy habit!! :mad:

so iv changed my WI day yo a sat morn as iv decided to do F&H dasy @the weekend because im always terrible at tracking at the weekend even if im eating healthly, i kind of feel like i always want just that little bit more even if its just some more meat at dinner or an extra slice of toast in the morn.
    so WI this morn, was up 2lbs, not toatly unexpected, infact i think had i weighed in on wed morn like i used to it may have been higher but iv been geting back on track the last few days. so at this weight iv approx 30lbs to lose to get to my goal, sounds loads but i really wanan try do it by sept when i move to canada!! ekkk sent off my visa application so im on a total buzz at the moment!!!

went to my 1st kettle bell calss in ages last night, oh sweet mother of devine im in sooooo much pain @ the moment im thinking i might spend the whole day upstairs because the stairs are freckin AGONY to get up and down!!!lol its gona be soo worth it tho, really felt the burn and there're super good for toning up those bums and tums!!! im hoping (if i can get down the stairs!!Lol) to go for a walk in the afternoon to try ease out the muscles in my legs, its a lovely day down south in amoungst the showers!!

hope everyone has a great weekend, off to find some F&H soup recipes for lunch!!

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Boop22

ok so my hectic day of eatin out is over now thank god:) I tried to make good choices but slipped up by getting a slicce of carrot cake for dessert:o Went for carvery for lunch yesterday, got roast beef and veg and 1 scoop of mash, passed on the roasties:)
    went into town last nite and ordered salmon for dinner!!! that is so unusual for me, i would never order fish unless it is battered and served with chips. lol the salmon came with a tiny bit of cous cous and 2 baby potatoes so i figured it was the best choice on the menu points wise!! I then had a slice of carrot cake, half a bottle of wine and 6 vodkas:eek:
    I am going to say that i used all of my weeklies and try be extra good before WI on thurs. Really hoping I didn't mess up my chances of losing just cos of one night:( Have been good today so far - boiled egg and 2 mccambridge instead of my usual hangover cure of a chicken fillet roll with taco sauce:D

carneen wrote: »
    Thanks, Ali85, I think I might find the motivation I need here!.. hopefully anyway!also had a look at your blog, some nice recipes that I shall be testing! I'll let ye know how my monday night weigh in goes... hopefully this week i'll be down!

No problem Carneen...

Try the Tomato, Celery & Apple soup... It sounds really strange I know, and I'm not really a big fan of celery but I had it yesterday at lunchtime and it is a really lovely soup... WAs really surprised to be honest, I thought it would be one that I would try and then say ..." ehhhhh never again" Some of my friends in work tried it and thought it was lovely...

Going to make the muffins today with the little one, she loves baking! :D

Good luck hun!
    intouch44 wrote: »
    Would love to know how people stay motivated/ on track?

I have no doubts that the ww system is effective and works but from previous posts its probably clear that my willpower isn't the best at times, do ye reward yourselves at every silver 7 or remind yourselves of yer goal?

I really really wanna get to goal and maintain this time but I'm really concerned that my eating habits haven't really changed- so I'm not gonna be successful! I can go great for 4/5 days and then I just binge- almost for the sake of it, really need to break this crappy habit!! :mad:

I am probably going to be killed for this, but I treat myself every time I lose, even if it is only a half a pound... I have my WI on a wednesday evening, so each Wednesday I am very careful with my pp during the day so I generally have 18 or so pp left by WI and if i lose i treat myself and the OH to something naughty, like a bag of chips or a singapore chow mein, something like that that I have been generally been avoiding. (obviously i use the rest of my dailies for this and then if i go over i take them from the weeklies for the coming week) If I don't lose, I don't get, and its a kick in the backside to lose next week...

Also instead of setting out goals like silver 7s or stones, I set out smaller ones, like the 5% or 10% or into the next stone, 10lb total loss... as well as the general ones... So even if i am 6lb off my next silver 7 there is generally some little goal in between.

As everyone says on here, ya have to live your life too.... If you live within the realms of WW constantly you will end up getting really fizzed off and you are more likely to throw in the towel...

Find some low cal alternatives for what you like too.... so on days when you need comfort food (like TOTM) you can still have the nice things you like.

I know I have rambled on a bit, but a lot of the things that keep me motivated are tips that I picked up on here.... :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Nesie

God I am board!! Keep me away from the Kitchen...

Have tomorrow all to myself as boyfriend is in Dublin working.. think its the first time in 12months i have a day all to me.. am thinking i will have

Breakfast of 2*egg 4pp, 2*bacon 1pp, tomato 0pp, toast 4pp total of 9pp

Lunch of Carrot and Apple Salad 0pp, Grilled Chicken 4pp, Sweet Chilli 1pp total of 5pp

Dinner of 2 Birdseye Cod Cakes 5pp, Chips 6pp, Curry 1pp, Cheese 2pp total 14pp

Fruit Clemintine, banana

Noms noms on the lunch ...so I just took a chicken fillet out of the freezer....

Nesie wrote: »
    Noms noms on the lunch ...so I just took a chicken fillet out of the freezer....

It was yummy, I grated the apple and carrotts was yum, inspired by Skinflint Dublin :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

Fried egg and bacon medallion sandwich for brunch! 10pp but since I won't be eating again til dinner it's grand.

Has anyone made the chocolate and berry roulade that was in the most recent rte guide Ww supplement? Making it for my parents tonight

just back from the shoppin....got so many nice lo cal goodies and lovely dinners....

got lovely fresh haddock and gorgeous bacon pieces...

my gang love granby burgers... so got them a few.... got muffins for myself and burger buns for their granbys... imagine my shock when i pointed the muffins and the burger buns... only 3pp in the burger buns and 4 in the muffins....

Still the muffins are lovely for breakfast/brunch! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Dee01

Day one of the (conscious) exercise addition to the plan. I'm dog sitting this weekend so I took the dog on a walk. I didn't bring my fon so im not sure how long it took me, but i mapped it on mapmyrun.com at it was 6k. For the first day, I'm very happy with that and I know i was out for just less then an hour. I did the mini marathon last year in 1hr 12m so i'm hoping to get it done in about 50 mins this year. I want to increase my walking speed and increase my stamina for running/jogging. I literally got home about 12 seconds before the heavens opened. I reckon someone up there was looking after me, as I would have been totally unlikely to go again tomorrow if i had gotten drenched!

I made some 0pp soup for the weekend and it turned out well. 3 sticks of celery, 2 carrots, 2 onions, 4 cloves garlic, a bag of carrot & swede mix (reduced to 20c in tesco!!) and a courgette. I sweated all of the veg up with a spoon of smoked paprika, a large pinch of chilli, salt and pepper and some basil. once they started to soften, I added a liter and a half of chicken stock (2 stock cubes) and a few 'glugs' of passata. boiled it all up for about 40 mins and blended until very very smooth. I then added a punnet of mushrooms and simmered until they were soft. Very nice and warming on a cold evening :)

Good luck with the weekend everyone

Omg im loving this filling and healthy malarky!!!! Feeling really nice n full(not sickeningly full, but nicely satisfiedly full!!!!)
    Made a gourge souP 4 lunch that had 'atin n drinkin' in it!!! Fried off n onion stick of celery n a red pepper, then added a tin of chopped tomatoes, n oxo veg stock cube, 3/4pint of water, 40g of brown pasta, a tsp of papricka n half tsp of cumin, simmered for 20mins then added a tin of aduki beans n cooked for a further 5mins. Served 2 and was so filling!!!
    Steak and homemade wedges for dinner with peas!!!

1query tho, i had poached eggs for dinner...do i point the yolks as normal or are they free?? DOnt have the booklet just got stuff online bout it.

Just had a lovely evening, just me and me little one...

We made our own pizzas but instead of the usual pizza base, I got small ciabattas. (5pp each) and put passata with garlic and herbs on for sauce topped with loadsa veggies and chorizo... oh and low fat cheddar and mozzarella... was lovely, really filling and only 9pp with all the cheese and chorizo.. soooo tasty... topped it off with a fruit salad with a tablespoon of honey over the top and some sugar free jelly. Was absolutely gorgeous!

Even treated ourselves to the apple & raspberry muffin we made earlier.. only 4pp each.

such a good day and stayed within my dailies... :D

Hope everyone is having a good weekend! :D

Very quite here today..

Had a good weekend food wise.. was over in my points but only by a few and had no drink the whole weekend have 30weeklies left and wi on Tuesday morning so should be grand!!

Just cooked apple in some blackcurrant dilute drink with cinnamon was nice for a 0pp desert but nothing special!

How are ye all doing?

Very quite here today..

Had a good weekend food wise.. was over in my points but only by a few and had no drink the whole weekend have 30weeklies left and wi on Tuesday morning so should be grand!!

Just cooked apple in some blackcurrant dilute drink with cinnamon was nice for a 0pp desert but nothing special!

How are ye all doing?

omg i never thought of cooking apple in dilute....that sounds unreal because i LOVE blackberry and apple....might try that in a mo im sure i saw some bramleys in the fridge, might b nice with some nat yogurt

• Advertisement

Danii86 wrote: »
    omg i never thought of cooking apple in dilute....that sounds unreal because i LOVE blackberry and apple....might try that in a mo im sure i saw some bramleys in the fridge, might b nice with some nat yogurt

When my sis was on old points she used to cook rhubarb in 7up free instead of sugar, had bought cinnamon today so was just creative and dilute is 0pp

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement