Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread MkII

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭RachaelFergie

Monife wrote: »
    The Tesco Light Choices Caesar dressing is nice. I would also recommend their honey mustard dressing and their french dressing. All are 0PP for a sprinkle :)

I am loving Hellmans Balsamic Dressing, lovely and same as above, 0PP for a sprinkle.

Thanks monife, had a Caesar salad over the weekend forgot how satisfying it is!! Went through a phase of using sweet chilli sauce as a salad dressing its really nice and feels like ur having a treat it's only 1pp for 15g! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Baby75

MaggieMay2 wrote: »
    It's official, my OH thinks I'm crazy :p He came into the kitchen tonight opened one pot and saw spuds cooking, opened the other pot and saw spuds cooking. I had mine weighed out and knew the points. Please tell me other peeps do stuff like this and I'm on a thread with other crazy folk :o

I do it!! I weighed my rice tonight
    Anyone recommend a nice Caesar dressing low pps obviously!
    ��

I do not have a caesar one, but I love balasmic vinegar and sweetchilli sauce mixed and sprinkled over salad:)

Finally feeling better today at last, even got to work out it was tougher than normal but glad I done it. :) hope the scales are still kind to me on Thursday!

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭ali85

OMG - I would have thought the hash browns would be way more! Yum-o! Defo getting those so!

I've taken to have 2 slices wholemeal brown bread ( the smaller proper good for you one, sort of like McCambridges but buttermilk), with some low fat spread, bananas & a sprinkle of sugar for lunch. Takes me right back to my childhood, very yummy & low in points :D My OH thinks it's mental, he was obviously a deprived child haha! :p

OMG i loved banana sambos when i was a kid.... it was something we always got in my nannies... 8 of us kids to feed...cheap and cheerful... haha!

I had a lovely dinner but ended up with like 5pp left over... way too many not to use up (one pp per day I don't mind... but 5 is waaaaaaaay too much...) So I just had 2 cracottes with low low, 2 mandarins, some grapes and a curly wurly!!! totally full and totally ready for bed...

Did a bit of a walk today at lunch but no where near enough so I did the wii fit for 30 mins tonight then did zumba for 30 mins (my sis got the dvd) jesus I am shattered!!! :)

At least if it doesn't show on the scales this week I know I couldnt do any more than I have done...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

ali85 wrote: »
    OMG i loved banana sambos when i was a kid.... it was something we always got in my nannies... 8 of us kids to feed...cheap and cheerful... haha!

I had a lovely dinner but ended up with like 5pp left over... way too many not to use up (one pp per day I don't mind... but 5 is waaaaaaaay too much...) So I just had 2 cracottes with low low, 2 mandarins, some grapes and a curly wurly!!! totally full and totally ready for bed...

Did a bit of a walk today at lunch but no where near enough so I did the wii fit for 30 mins tonight then did zumba for 30 mins (my sis got the dvd) jesus I am shattered!!! :)

At least if it doesn't show on the scales this week I know I couldnt do any more than I have done...

You're so good, I know I have to use my last 4pp but I have already had a treat today, a rich toffee bar so dont want to eat more chocolate just for the sake of it! And I'm still stuffed from dinner. Maybe some cracottes and philli is the way to go!

Wanna lose something tomorrow, anything at all so I can have my valentines takeaway after and not feel guilty about it!

You're so good, I know I have to use my last 4pp but I have already had a treat today, a rich toffee bar so dont want to eat more chocolate just for the sake of it! And I'm still stuffed from dinner. Maybe some cracottes and philli is the way to go!

Wanna lose something tomorrow, anything at all so I can have my valentines takeaway after and not feel guilty about it!

did you go to that liquidator shop in clondalkin? mary was talkin about it last week.... I went earlier and got loadsa ww stuff for €1 each... sauces and jam and that... all for a euro.... :)

• Advertisement

did you go to that liquidator shop in clondalkin? mary was talkin about it last week.... I went earlier and got loadsa ww stuff for €1 each... sauces and jam and that... all for a euro.... :)

She didn't mention anything about it! Maybe she only heard about it after our class. Wouldn't make it out to clondalkin from where I am anyway and at the moment my cupboards are bursting with stuff. My OH loves it cos when he comes over now he knows there will be something chocolatey in my cupboards - and he thinks the WW stuff is alright!

She didn't mention anything about it! Maybe she only heard about it after our class. Wouldn't make it out to clondalkin from where I am anyway and at the moment my cupboards are bursting with stuff. My OH loves it cos when he comes over now he knows there will be something chocolatey in my cupboards - and he thinks the WW stuff is alright!

she told us on wednesday... its a shop in the industrial estate off station road.... right next to courtneys butchers... got myself some turkey & chicken fillets from courtneys and all the sauces in the liquidators...

just handy to get....

i am just hoping for some kinda loss this week... one pound would have me delighted... me and the OH aren't doing anything for tomorrow... we don't really do it to be honest... a card and a nice meal made by one of us... maybe we will do something on wednesday evening..... im sure there will be plenty of flowers and public displays of affections in work tomorrow... its not really my thing.... ha!

she told us on wednesday... its a shop in the industrial estate off station road.... right next to courtneys butchers... got myself some turkey & chicken fillets from courtneys and all the sauces in the liquidators...

just handy to get....

i am just hoping for some kinda loss this week... one pound would have me delighted... me and the OH aren't doing anything for tomorrow... we don't really do it to be honest... a card and a nice meal made by one of us... maybe we will do something on wednesday evening..... im sure there will be plenty of flowers and public displays of affections in work tomorrow... its not really my thing.... ha!

Not my thing either - so we aren't really doing anything. I specifically told him not to get me anything and he would know better than bringing me choccies at the moment (well i hope so) if he did decide to show up with something. Though it is the first time ive been in a relationship on Valentines day in about 7 years so while I don't buy into the whole thing will be nice to have a night in with a takeaway!!

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭username2010

Hey All,
    Hope everyone is well for a Monday....
    Weigh-in was yesterday (doing WW online), and so far I'm down 11lbs, so really delighted with that...
    Starting to feel it in the clothes a bit too....
    I have about 3 stone to go yet, but at least it's going in the right direction...

Of course after my happy weigh-in yesterday, I had a big lunch in the Rustic Stone....no idea really how to point the food (tuna steak and side salad of cabbage, radish etc.). It's a pity to start into the weeklies on the 1st day of the week, but I really enjoyed it... :)

Well done on all the great losses everyone...Yiz are a good looking bunch! :D

Not my thing either - so we aren't really doing anything. I specifically told him not to get me anything and he would know better than bringing me choccies at the moment (well i hope so) if he did decide to show up with something. Though it is the first time ive been in a relationship on Valentines day in about 7 years so while I don't buy into the whole thing will be nice to have a night in with a takeaway!!

ah stop last time i did WW (2 years ago) he came home with the little one with big smiles on their faces.... a card, a lovely chain and a massive box of milk tray that I ate 2 out of!!! it was the massive box... think he did it more for her than for me... i would expect the only card coming into my house tomorrow has the little ones name on it.... haha!

my oh is under orders...no choccies!!!! hahaa! unless its in the shape of a curly wurly!!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 Zingabee

Hi Everyone

I've been in ww for a while now and up until october I was doing really well. Since then I feel like I've really lost my mojo.... I've gained four pounds since Christmas and I'm worried that I'm on a slippery slope again back to 13 stone 3. I've tried diets before and I was really happy with my progress then for some reason since Christmas I've been a disaster.... Back to old eating habits.... When I've munched my way through all sorts of crap then after I feel disgusted with myself.

I keep going to meetings because I know if I miss one I'll fall off the wagon completely! I hear everyone talking about filling and healthy and I can't come across it. I did miss a meeting due to a hospital appointment. I got two easy start booklets.... And also one on Chinese food.

I'm hoping that you can help me ladies. I don't want to be back to square one again!

Thanks!

Zingabee wrote: »
    Hi Everyone

I've been in ww for a while now and up until october I was doing really well. Since then I feel like I've really lost my mojo.... I've gained four pounds since Christmas and I'm worried that I'm on a slippery slope again back to 13 stone 3. I've tried diets before and I was really happy with my progress then for some reason since Christmas I've been a disaster.... Back to old eating habits.... When I've munched my way through all sorts of crap then after I feel disgusted with myself.

I keep going to meetings because I know if I miss one I'll fall off the wagon completely! I hear everyone talking about filling and healthy and I can't come across it. I did miss a meeting due to a hospital appointment. I got two easy start booklets.... And also one on Chinese food.

I'm hoping that you can help me ladies. I don't want to be back to square one again!

Thanks!

you should have got a booklet on it at your meeting, so I would ask your leader, but here some information on it,http://www.weightwatchers.co.uk/util/art/index_art.aspx?tabnum=1&art_id=49711&sc=3010

on getting back on track, its good your going to meetings! but start fresh today and plan your meals and snacks aim to have one good day and let it roll in to another one. :) good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭BaileyPants

I'm the same! No chocs arrived in my house, but a small btl of my fav perfume & a card. Ah now, you couldn't beat that with a stick :-) And just dinner in tonight, like every other night. Perhaps well go wild and watch a movie too haha :-)

Hope everyone has a lovely day x

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭MaggieMay2

Yea thats our plan. My Valentines treat is just spending time with him like we normally wouldn't during the week so I'm making dinner (pp approved and tasty) and were gonna light the fire and watch a movie. My OH is under strict instructions to GET me choccies. I'm a diabetic so Valentines and Xmas are the only times I allow myself a couple of nice ones from a box :rolleyes: To be fair he will eat most of them and I'll only have a couple tonight and maybe a couple tomorrow night. I can't ever go mad with chocolate :(

My OH was dropping me into work this morning and we saw this poor fella struggling across Cork St... one of those massive cards, a big box of milk tray under his arm and a massive teddy in a bag... He looked so wrecked! Couldn't help but feel for him....

Plans for a meal are being put on hold til tomorrow night... (after WI) just to be safe... maybe a chinese or something... tonight... it will be something light and tasty and maybe a glass of WW wine for me...

have to say though I am wrecked this morning... really went hell for leather with Wii Fit & the Zumba last night... jesus I'm feeling it this morning!!! Hopefully it will show tomorrow night

My OH was dropping me into work this morning and we saw this poor fella struggling across Cork St... one of those massive cards, a big box of milk tray under his arm and a massive teddy in a bag... He looked so wrecked! Couldn't help but feel for him....

Plans for a meal are being put on hold til tomorrow night... (after WI) just to be safe... maybe a chinese or something... tonight... it will be something light and tasty and maybe a glass of WW wine for me...

have to say though I am wrecked this morning... really went hell for leather with Wii Fit & the Zumba last night... jesus I'm feeling it this morning!!! Hopefully it will show tomorrow night

What game are you using to work out on the Wii is it the Wii fit or Wii active game! I have active game and its brill I missed some work outs last week so trying to catch up! I'm down 2 kgs on it as well

AHHHH bless him, hope she appreciated it now! I was lsietning to beat this morning and a woman text in, how her 14 year old had told her she was with her dad when he bought her roses!!! so she was all excited this morning and Nada, she reminded him they wouldn't see each other till Wednesday night and he says nothing! OOOOOH My head would be wrecked!!!! I wonder if he is going to surprise her and be home tonight with them! an not he bought them but they are not for her!

for me I'm making a recipe out of the complete kitchen! smoked haddock parcels sadly wont be very romamtic with little ones around! LOL we will have to plan another night in the future!

I'm feeling better at last as well yay!

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭Taz1

Breathed a huge sigh of relief on the scales today, after my previous 2 weeks of STS and then being up 1.5 lbs, had my WI today and lost 2.5, happy out :)

Baby75 wrote: »
    What game are you using to work out on the Wii is it the Wii fit or Wii active game! I have active game and its brill I missed some work outs last week so trying to catch up! I'm down 2 kgs on it as well

I'm feeling better at last as well yay!

I use the original one... I use the basic step first, I do that twice to warm up, then I do the advanced step twice too... after that I do ten mins jogging and the rest at the boxing... Works out just over the 30 mins...

I hadn't been on it in a few days coz I have been out walking a few miles a day but last night I was too tired when I got home to go out so I had my dinner and relaxed for a half hour then got on the wii...

I used my sisters Zumba dvd then after that... Thank god I was in my house... I was embarrassed to bits! I have no rhythm whatsoever!! I gave it a good go though... just tried to keep moving....

I do the Avon as well, and in the Avon catalogue last week I got this toning thing, its all ropes and pulleys that you attach to the door. It's quite good, can feel it pulling and stretching so hopefully the jelly belly will be on the move soon!

Great to hear you are finally feeling better... there is nothing worse! You have no motivation for ANYTHING let alone getting up and exercising!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭ShindyB

Right - Lets give this another go then. Gonna do my weigh ins at home on a Monday morning and follow the programme myself with the OH keeping tabs on me. Starting weight - 11st 10 and 3/4 pounds.

• Advertisement

I use the original one... I use the basic step first, I do that twice to warm up, then I do the advanced step twice too... after that I do ten mins jogging and the rest at the boxing... Works out just over the 30 mins...

I hadn't been on it in a few days coz I have been out walking a few miles a day but last night I was too tired when I got home to go out so I had my dinner and relaxed for a half hour then got on the wii...

I used my sisters Zumba dvd then after that... Thank god I was in my house... I was embarrassed to bits! I have no rhythm whatsoever!! I gave it a good go though... just tried to keep moving....

I do the Avon as well, and in the Avon catalogue last week I got this toning thing, its all ropes and pulleys that you attach to the door. It's quite good, can feel it pulling and stretching so hopefully the jelly belly will be on the move soon!

Great to hear you are finally feeling better... there is nothing worse! You have no motivation for ANYTHING let alone getting up and exercising!!!
    I do a lot of walking all the time so it doesn't feel like exercise to me any more think my body to used to it, so I think I have to do more! if you ever get a chance try EA active game, I am using it and find it great I have completed the first part of the program, it covers cardio and toning you really feel it, when I first started my tummy muscles were very bad I was barely able to do 5 reverse crunches now I can do the 20 :) delighted with that and the gap I had between them has closed! so I'm getting there I don't think its speeding up my weight loss but I'm feeling better and fitter and noticed it more in inches :) I have a Zumba DVD as well Ive tried it twice liked it not so sure about a class though yet!
    might check out Avon on line see what they have :)

with a bit of luck this week I will be back in the 11 :) to were I was before Christmas! :mad: so not happening me next year! I don't care no weight gain for me next year! at least it did not take as long as I thought it would to get back to were I was though!
    ShindyB wrote: »
    Right - Lets give this another go then. Gonna do my weigh ins at home on a Monday morning and follow the programme myself with the OH keeping tabs on me. Starting weight - 11st 10 and 3/4 pounds.

whoo hoo good luck :)

Taz1 brilliant you got through it, well done :) it can be so hard to keep going when you hit a wall

ShindyB wrote: »

Delighted you are giving it another go...everyone gets disheartened so i can totally understand your frustration.

Good luck and keep us all updated!

Onwards and downwards! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭ShindyB

Delighted you are giving it another go...everyone gets disheartened so i can totally understand your frustration.

Good luck and keep us all updated!

Onwards and downwards! :D

Thanks! Got a PM from a member of this thread that gave me the kick in the backside that I needed. BM dress was ordered at the weekend too - eek!

I do a lot of walking all the time so it doesn't feel like exercise to me any more think my body to used to it, so I think I have to do more! if you ever get a chance try EA active game, I am using it and find it great I have completed the first part of the program, it covers cardio and toning you really feel it, when I first started my tummy muscles were very bad I was barely able to do 5 reverse crunches now I can do the 20 :) delighted with that and the gap I had between them has closed! so I'm getting there I don't think its speeding up my weight loss but I'm feeling better and fitter and noticed it more in inches :) I have a Zumba DVD as well Ive tried it twice liked it not so sure about a class though yet!
    might check out Avon on line see what they have :)

Do you need the Wii Motion Plus for that game?? I only have the bog standard Wii...

The little one got the Just Dance 3 on the Wii for Christmas from her grandparents so maybe I will get that out with her over the next few days and see how we get on... Watched my recording of Operation transformation last night and saw that girl Natalie on it and she was giving it socks in the nightclub so maybe I can do that in my sitting room! haha!

Do you need the Wii Motion Plus for that game?? I only have the bog standard Wii...

The little one got the Just Dance 3 on the Wii for Christmas from her grandparents so maybe I will get that out with her over the next few days and see how we get on... Watched my recording of Operation transformation last night and saw that girl Natalie on it and she was giving it socks in the nightclub so maybe I can do that in my sitting room! haha!

They came with the game! one for your arm measure your heart rate as well, one for your leg!
    Oh let me know how you get on! Ive been tempted to get the dance one or the Zumba one! LOL

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 817 ✭✭✭audman

just wondering if any of you struggling on the new pro points system versus the old points system.Im finding my weight loss very inconsistent and up and down where as when i was on old system i consistently lost weight every week.Im seriously considering reverting back to the old points system to see if it makes adifference.Has anyone else been in same boat

They came with the game! one for your arm measure your heart rate as well, one for your leg!
    Oh let me know how you get on! Ive been tempted to get the dance one or the Zumba one! LOL

The Zumba one is good, I got it a while ago but spend more time in the gym than doing it. I keep meaning to get back into it cos it was great fun and no embarassment of being rubbish in front of a class!

I am really making a concious effort to get active this time around... my aul peg leg is really starting to build up which is great considering this time last year i couldn't walk on it at all.(last valentines day I was still on the crutches and almost killed myself walking around the corner from the house to Lidl... I will never forget it as long as I live!) .. I started slowly with the walking and the step aerobics but like you say you kinda need an aul push to get those few lbs down... Hoping for some kind of movement on the scales tomorrow... Had a sneaky look at the scales this morning and it looks like I am the same... but what can ya do... I know I am making changes for the better...

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭dammitj

Happy Valentines Day everyone!

I had a lovely weekend away with the OH in Westport - had a fantastic dinner in Temptations on Saturday night - it was totally amazing.

Back to normal again today! (He works a different shift to me so we won't be doing anything this eve)

Yoga tonight followed by 3 evenings of the gym - hope it will work off my big Sat night dinner!

7lbs to goal - BRING IT!

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭the west wing

Down 4 1/2 lbs today! Absolutely delighted! Makes up for putting on a pound last week.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement