Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread MkII

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭MaggieMay2

Baileypants I wouldn't worry too much about what you have spent your weeklies on to much that's what they are there for. Nutritionally I agree it would be better to have an apple crumble but I like my chocolate bar and that to me is a treat so it's what suits you best and what you enjoy best to keep you on plan. I have a bar every Sat evening and Sunday evening and it's what I look forward to to keep me on track all week. They come out of my weeklies and then I find I don't really need anything for the rest of the week.

I defo agree that having a routine is so much easier during the week. I just realised I have had such a good few weeks because I don't have a social life at the minute :( ha ha! Roll on this weekend tho, we'll change all that :D

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭ali85

Boy am I glad I'm back into the routine of the week! I just have not food routine at the weekend! I've practically used my weeklies, but only on crap really. I must plan better for the weekend as I do the working week. I think I think of the weekend as a time to treat myself, but I should plan my treats a bit better like I was a few weeks ago by making something lovely (ie the apple crisp) to look forward to, not a choc bar here and a pk crisps there you know.

Anyway, hope everyone has a good Monday! :)

I was really bad on saturday evening, just kept pickin.... so yesterday I went to lidl and got a big net of mandarin oranges and picked at them instead... must have had about 8 of them yesterday!!! I picked up a few of the ready meals for weekend lunches... the mushroom & broccoli melt is really tasty and its only 6pp.... It does me when the rest of them are having sambos or rolls....
    MaggieMay2 wrote: »
    Baileypants I wouldn't worry too much about what you have spent your weeklies on to much that's what they are there for. Nutritionally I agree it would be better to have an apple crumble but I like my chocolate bar and that to me is a treat so it's what suits you best and what you enjoy best to keep you on plan. I have a bar every Sat evening and Sunday evening and it's what I look forward to to keep me on track all week. They come out of my weeklies and then I find I don't really need anything for the rest of the week.

I defo agree that having a routine is so much easier during the week. I just realised I have had such a good few weeks because I don't have a social life at the minute :( ha ha! Roll on this weekend tho, we'll change all that :D

I'm the same with the lack of a social life... this weekend however, we are supposed to be going out with friends of ours so time will tell... I'm just such a wagon for not knowing when I have had enough. Because I don't get out too often I tend to go overboard when I actually do so this week I have to be extra good just in case I go mad on saturday night....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

Aghhhh I was same, after me thinking I was 'great' by going out on Friday night and making good choices and only having 3 drinks I ended up eating crap on Saturday (chinese) and crap yesterday (went to Blanchardstown centre and OH and myself ended up going for a Pizza hut).

Am so annoyed at myself, although I do think I kept within my points but I just wish I had made a better choice.

I am going to fill up on fruit and water today and hope for the best tomorrow..

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭hollee

Can anyone recommend an iphone app for pointing, im using the webiste calculator.net I saw someone mention earlier but an app would be much handier. Everyone at my ww class seems to be on an android and I dont see anything in itunes for ww, maybe Im missing one or putting in the search incorrectly?

Forgot my tracker today so i have post-its up with the pro points Ive eaten, I like the advice of taking a measurement, my clothes are a little looser today which was nice compensation after the scales hadnt budged. Ill have the tape out this evening!

Im finding this thread great, Its lovely to see all the tips, advice and encouragement.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

hollee wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend an iphone app for pointing, im using the webiste calculator.net I saw someone mention earlier but an app would be much handier. Everyone at my ww class seems to be on an android and I dont see anything in itunes for ww, maybe Im missing one or putting in the search incorrectly?

Forgot my tracker today so i have post-its up with the pro points Ive eaten, I like the advice of taking a measurement, my clothes are a little looser today which was nice compensation after the scales hadnt budged. Ill have the tape out this evening!

Im finding this thread great, Its lovely to see all the tips, advice and encouragement.

iwatcher is great on the iphone - I swear by it! I never used to track when i had to do it on pen and paper and the results showed for it. Now I even track when I'm out drinking so I know exactly how many drinks I have had and there is no excuse for forgetting. There is a calculator on it, and you can save foods you eat regularly in favourites so you dont have to look the points up every time!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭hollee

Thanks! That sounds exactly like what I want.

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭intouch44

intouch44 wrote: »
    Down a half pound- delighted!!

I'm not too far from goal weight but have a hectic month ahead of me going out wise!

Have 2 nights out this weekend- The plan is to be as good as gold from now til Saturday, eat something filling for dinner and enjoy my drinks and similar story sunday, I'm great at making these plans but sticking to them is not my strong point, will walk/jog everyday too except for sunday, fingers crossed this will work! Any other tips?

Baileypants- Looking forward to getting the oat cookie recipe too- sounds yummy :)

oh sweet jesus what a weekend! ended up having 3 nights out had a great weekend but food wise I was a disaster, can see it in myself am so bloated, am disappointed but suppose its not gonna happen every week ( I hope!) will def be up tomorrow just hope its not the 4.5lbs I lost since I rejoined!

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭lisa_celtic

Hey everyone back in one piece from my weekend on the road.

Did not make the best choices in the world, chicken and mushroom vola vonts Saturday night springs to mind!

I think I am still within my weeklies though

Jumped up on the scales this morning and I am 2lb up so water water water today and praying it does not stick to me for tomorrow.

Tiny Penguin, what did you think of skinflint? I loved it had the BNS Pizza was lovely (even nicer with the honey from the table on it) had a side of grated apple and carrot from the specials board was very proud afterwards anywhere else it would of been a side of chips!!

Hey everyone back in one piece from my weekend on the road.

Did not make the best choices in the world, chicken and mushroom vola vonts Saturday night springs to mind!

I think I am still within my weeklies though

Jumped up on the scales this morning and I am 2lb up so water water water today and praying it does not stick to me for tomorrow.

Tiny Penguin, what did you think of skinflint? I loved it had the BNS Pizza was lovely (even nicer with the honey from the table on it) had a side of grated apple and carrot from the specials board was very proud afterwards anywhere else it would of been a side of chips!!

I thought it was gorgeous too - and with the squash being so dense it was very filling, i left 3 slices behind (though we did get the hummous as a starter). And the honey was amazing - I wanna try make it myself but I dunno what vinegar to use. How did you pp it? There was not much cheese on it at all and the base was very thin. I went for 22pp for that and my share of the hummous I had (had less than half the portion of that too - about 2-3 tbsp at most). Not sure if im over or under pointing it? I did only eat just over half....

I meant to post the photo on sat but I just didnt get near my computer all weekend long - was so busy!!

I thought it was gorgeous too - and with the squash being so dense it was very filling, i left 3 slices behind (though we did get the hummous as a starter). And the honey was amazing - I wanna try make it myself but I dunno what vinegar to use. How did you pp it? There was not much cheese on it at all and the base was very thin. I went for 22pp for that and my share of the hummous I had (had less than half the portion of that too - about 2-3 tbsp at most). Not sure if im over or under pointing it? I did only eat just over half....

I meant to post the photo on sat but I just didnt get near my computer all weekend long - was so busy!!

I pointed it at 15, mine had barley any cheese at all on it and our side was apple and carrot grated with nothing added so def 0pp.. i have about 20weeklies left so it should not matter if i under pointed it and i wont be in dublin for another few months so wont be back for seconds til then!

I went to Pennys on O Connell St while Al was off doing his photo shoot, spent €120 they have fab dresses for 9euro!! :) there rara style and got all my clothes in size 12 so feeling great!! :) we were in Fran and Jane in Kildare village and the size 12 was very loose on my waist so was ecstatic but then went to Karen Millen and a size 12 was around 5inches to small to close.. hate when shop sizes dont match id say id need a 16 or 18 in that dress to get it on me and that would do nothing for my ww ego so it was left behind!!

• Advertisement

I pointed it at 15, mine had barley any cheese at all on it and our side was apple and carrot grated with nothing added so def 0pp.. i have about 20weeklies left so it should not matter if i under pointed it and i wont be in dublin for another few months so wont be back for seconds til then!

I went to Pennys on O Connell St while Al was off doing his photo shoot, spent €120 they have fab dresses for 9euro!! :) there rara style and got all my clothes in size 12 so feeling great!! :) we were in Fran and Jane in Kildare village and the size 12 was very loose on my waist so was ecstatic but then went to Karen Millen and a size 12 was around 5inches to small to close.. hate when shop sizes dont match id say id need a 16 or 18 in that dress to get it on me and that would do nothing for my ww ego so it was left behind!!

Did you eat the whole pizza? I have 17 weeklies left so if I did underpoint I have a few spare - but we had lunch at my OH's families house yesterday and while I had all 30 dailies to use up and didnt have any dessert and a small portion of the main dinner - worried about the dips and stuff that his family kept forcing on me. Ate as little as possible though! (was the first time meeting a lot of them and didnt want to seem rude - also have been turning down the offer of food from his mother a lot recently. did manage to politely decline the dessert though and be quite forceful on that). Anyway rant on that over. I've been pretty good today and not gonna go a single pp over before WI!

Did you eat the whole pizza? I have 17 weeklies left so if I did underpoint I have a few spare - but we had lunch at my OH's families house yesterday and while I had all 30 dailies to use up and didnt have any dessert and a small portion of the main dinner - worried about the dips and stuff that his family kept forcing on me. Ate as little as possible though! (was the first time meeting a lot of them and didnt want to seem rude - also have been turning down the offer of food from his mother a lot recently. did manage to politely decline the dessert though and be quite forceful on that). Anyway rant on that over. I've been pretty good today and not gonna go a single pp over before WI!

I had 3/4s of it, i based 15 on the fact that you can have a pizza express pizza for 13-16pp from there Leggera menu and Skinflint was def the healthiest pizza i ever had lol, even if i am wrong i have 15 weeklies left so i doubt I am that much out weigh in tomorrow so will be having a light night tonight!!

http://www.pizzaexpress.com/our-food/mains.aspx

I had 3/4s of it, i based 15 on the fact that you can have a pizza express pizza for 13-16pp from there Leggera menu and Skinflint was def the healthiest pizza i ever had lol, even if i am wrong i have 15 weeklies left so i doubt I am that much out weigh in tomorrow so will be having a light night tonight!!

http://www.pizzaexpress.com/our-food/mains.aspx

I never thought of it that way! Def feel better about the way I pointed it then! Thanks :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭del88

+1 for iwatchr ...would be lost without it

that skinflint sounds brilliant!!!

I had quite a low breakfast this morning... 4 cracottes with low low cheese and lots of fruit (3pp), then lunch was about 9pp (wrap, soup etc...) so I have 15 to play with this evening for dinner and snacks while watching spartacus.... ;)

Just on the breakfast thing.... over the weekend I had some hash browns... (the Green Isle ones) They point in at 3 or 4 for 2pp.... (im almost sure its 2pp.... could be a little less but I'd rather over point than under point) 100gs is the weight... they are lovely... really hit the spot...

The measuring is brilliant... I really can't see the weight loss myself... but two weeks ago I measured and then I remeasured on Saturday and I have lost 4.5inches from around my belly! am delighted!!!

On the subject of Apps.... I am on Android and I found a great app for exercising... its called Runkeeper. I got the free one to give it a go. I find it brilliant. Its great for walking, jogging or cycling. I use it when I am going walking or jogging. It finds your location on the GPS system on your phone and (providing you are wearing headphones) tells you every 5 mins your distance covered, total time, minutes per mile rate.... when you are finished you just log it off and it saves your record. Even tells you how many calories you have burned but I'm not sure how accurate that is.... I would definitely recommend the app....

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Cliodhna26

Boyfriend has just surprised me with dinner tonight and a few drinks, weigh in tomorrow so it's gonna be tough to be good.. fingers crossed!

JUST tried on 2 pairs of jeans that wouldn't even look at me a month ago, and they're fitting now =)

7 pounds down and 4inches off, delighted!!!! =D

Cliodhna26 wrote: »
    Boyfriend has just surprised me with dinner tonight and a few drinks, weigh in tomorrow so it's gonna be tough to be good.. fingers crossed!

JUST tried on 2 pairs of jeans that wouldn't even look at me a month ago, and they're fitting now =)

Thats brilliant!!! I have a pair hanging in my wardrobe for about 2 years that NEVER went near me, but I am determined to get into them this time...

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭BaileyPants

iwatcher is great on the iphone - I swear by it! I never used to track when i had to do it on pen and paper and the results showed for it. Now I even track when I'm out drinking so I know exactly how many drinks I have had and there is no excuse for forgetting. There is a calculator on it, and you can save foods you eat regularly in favourites so you dont have to look the points up every time!

Hey there! I was exactly the same, I would only half track on pe & paper and now track EVERYTHING on iWatcher on my iPhone. The good the bad and the ugly! I have found that when I've made a bad choice I would have just decided before that my weeklies were gone, but then I'd be depressed that I had screwed myself over for the rest of the week. But I find now by tracking absolutely everything, that half the things I thought would have put me way over, are not half as bad as I thought & it keeps me motivated to keep going. So I would say of all things, make sure to track the worst things, they may not work out as bad as you thought and that'll motivate you to stay on track :D

ali85 wrote: »
    that skinflint sounds brilliant!!!

I had quite a low breakfast this morning... 4 cracottes with low low cheese and lots of fruit (3pp), then lunch was about 9pp (wrap, soup etc...) so I have 15 to play with this evening for dinner and snacks while watching spartacus.... ;)

Just on the breakfast thing.... over the weekend I had some hash browns... (the Green Isle ones) They point in at 3 or 4 for 2pp.... (im almost sure its 2pp.... could be a little less but I'd rather over point than under point) 100gs is the weight... they are lovely... really hit the spot...

OMG - I would have thought the hash browns would be way more! Yum-o! Defo getting those so!

I've taken to have 2 slices wholemeal brown bread ( the smaller proper good for you one, sort of like McCambridges but buttermilk), with some low fat spread, bananas & a sprinkle of sugar for lunch. Takes me right back to my childhood, very yummy & low in points :D My OH thinks it's mental, he was obviously a deprived child haha! :p

• Advertisement

Cliodhna26 wrote: »

Wow congrats! I can't wait for that day! :D

I measured myself and have 1.5 inches gone off my waist, 1 gone off my hips & 1 gone off my bust (I'm hoping the back and not the front haha!)

It's not too much and I've lost 8.5lbs, Maybe it's going from my little toe?! ;)

It's official, my OH thinks I'm crazy :p He came into the kitchen tonight opened one pot and saw spuds cooking, opened the other pot and saw spuds cooking. I had mine weighed out and knew the points. Please tell me other peeps do stuff like this and I'm on a thread with other crazy folk :o

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Casher

It's official, my OH thinks I'm crazy :p He came into the kitchen tonight opened one pot and saw spuds cooking, opened the other pot and saw spuds cooking. I had mine weighed out and knew the points. Please tell me other peeps do stuff like this and I'm on a thread with other crazy folk :o

Don't worry, you're not crazy just doing it right. A month or two of doing this and you'll know the right size portion by sight. I love my scales and weigh everything and find it really helps.

Had my ww@home weigh in this morning and I've lost my first stone. It's only now that I've started noticing the loss in my clothes and it feels great.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭the west wing

Casher wrote: »
    Don't worry, you're not crazy just doing it right. A month or two of doing this and you'll know the right size portion by sight. I love my scales and weigh everything and find it really helps.

Had my ww@home weigh in this morning and I've lost my first stone. It's only now that I've started noticing the loss in my clothes and it feels great.
    That's great! Keep it up!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

I used to do that but now if I am cooking for the OH (he usually cooks for himself :) cos we eat completely different foods), I just weigh out my portion of potatoes after they are cooked because it is still the same points unless it's a baked potatoe :)

Casher wrote: »

Congrats Casher, that amazing well done, onwards and downwards

Haha a couple of months, more like I'm already doing it almost a year.......I'm a seasoned pro :rolleyes: just very thorough :p I still weigh most things to be sure to be sure ;)

Monife wrote: »
    I used to do that but now if I am cooking for the OH (he usually cooks for himself :) cos we eat completely different foods), I just weigh out my portion of potatoes after they are cooked because it is still the same points unless it's a baked potatoe :)

Yea we do and we don't but Jamie Oliver he aint bless so I have to keep him fed! It can be a little pain but it just means an extra pot or two to clean up after dinner but I'm worth the extra washing up and so is my waistline!! (washing up is always his job, I cook fair is fair :p)

I have 4pp left for the day and I am so stuffed! I am constantly surprised that butternut squash is 0pp cos it is so filling and delicious. Had a lovely piece of salmon, roasted butternut squash a huge salad and broccoli and I dont think I could eat another bite!

Just about to sign up for the runamuck challenge :o not sure im fit enough yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭RachaelFergie

Anyone recommend a nice Caesar dressing low pps obviously!
    ��

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Anyone recommend a nice Caesar dressing low pps obviously!
    ��

The Tesco Light Choices Caesar dressing is nice. I would also recommend their honey mustard dressing and their french dressing. All are 0PP for a sprinkle :)

I am loving Hellmans Balsamic Dressing, lovely and same as above, 0PP for a sprinkle.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement