Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread MkII

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭BaileyPants

ali85 wrote: »
    Just back from WI.... soooo disappointed ... STS... :( really gave it socks this week...

Had a good chat to my leader and she said to use more weeklies and see how it goes this week....

She said the fact I earned 22 activity pp and only used 12 weeklies could be why... so she ordered me to eat more .. try and tally the amount of activity pp I earn with more weeklies...

Really disappointed but feck it... next week will be a good week.... (it bloody better be! :P )

Awh don't fret Ali. WE all know our bodies can play hard to get sometimes for some God unknown reason. It will show eventually, and sure you've been absolutely flyin along so far! And passed me might I add haha! So fret not! :D

twirlagig wrote: »
    Zip-a-dee-doo-dah, zip-a-dee-ay! I'm down 5 lbs today :D Flipping delighted!

That's 1st and 5 lbs I'm glad to see the back of! :p Was extra good this week with the eating and the walking and, I have to say, delighted the Rugby was called off because it saved me going on a serious lash of Pints and the obligatory trip to the chipper after! :p

Well done on yer losses this week guys! :) This thread is a godsend! x

Amazeballs!! You go girl! :D

foundry wrote: »
    Hi all,

I lost 2lbs tonight! Thrilled as I feel the weight loss is very slow this time round.

Yesterday I tried on the dress I wore NYE, it didn't fit me right but it was the best out of a bad bunch lets say. I went out that night feeling just rotten. Dress was so tight on my stomach, I had a cushion/handbag on my belly all night. Felt like crap, it was a real final straw moment.

Yesterday I sat down with comfort in the same dress! And not a cushion it sight!

Really opened my eyes to not dwell so much on numbers.
    I have a long way to go but I got a glimpse of the light at the end of the tunnel and I loved it! :D

Love that feeling! Congrats Foundry! Delighted for you :D

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭ali85

Awh don't fret Ali. WE all know our bodies can play hard to get sometimes for some God unknown reason. It will show eventually, and sure you've been absolutely flyin along so far! And passed me might I add haha! So fret not! :D

Thanks baileypants....

I had a dirty dirty mcdonalds last night. I had 18pp left for the day so I decided to just go for it... went over by about 10pp so I took them out of this weeks weeklies and i got up this morning with a new outlook.

Have my lunch in here with me, and I have decided to try and use 2 extra pp a day... and keep up with my walking/joggin/zumba.... Hopefully it will start to shift this week....

I was bound to plateau at some point, and I was feeling very sorry for myself last night, but I just said feck it... its a long term not a short term thing...

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

So I was doing my weird lunch time thing of pointing random foods from other peoples lunches (things I want to eat but think would be far to high to actually eat) and I discovered something shocking! A bag of King Lite crisps 35g - not from a multi pack is 5pp and a 40g bag of Kettle Chips is 6pp - never going near King Lite again and Kettle Chips are not as bad as I would have thought!!!

Also I just compared the nutritional info on King Lite to a bag of normal Tayto - and while the King have less fat they have far more carbs so that balances the pp out to be the same!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Cliodhna26

So I was doing my weird lunch time thing of pointing random foods from other peoples lunches (things I want to eat but think would be far to high to actually eat)

I had to laugh at this =) I am the very same! I've found myself looking at other people's food and thinking oh my god DO YOU KNOW HOW MANY POINTS ARE IN THAT!!

I am completely brain washed =)

I have a measuring spoon set that I bring with me everywhere! Better safe than sorry =)

Cliodhna26 wrote: »
    I had to laugh at this =) I am the very same! I've found myself looking at other people's food and thinking oh my god DO YOU KNOW HOW MANY POINTS ARE IN THAT!!

I have a measuring spoon set that I bring with me everywhere! Better safe than sorry =)

Totally the same - one of the girls had a wrap that had 15pp in it - 54% of RDA for fat. And my wrap that is the same size but different filling was only 6pp! I try not to say things out loud unless people ask, cos it does tend to put people off the food sometimes!

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭Taz1

Anyone have any idea what the pp for Vegetable Jal Freizi from an Indian TakeAway would be? All I can find is points for Chicken Jal Freizi, but I'm pretty sure the veggie one would be considerably less, especially considering I took all of the potatoes outta it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Cheeky_gal

Can someone help me on this cause I'm quite confused.

I have 19 points left for today and I would love a mocha! Serious craving for one!

My question is though, would I be able to have 6 mochas a day and still lose weight? Considering they're 5 points each and my allowance is 30.

Obviously I'm not going to do this but is this the logic behind the points system?

Cheeky_gal wrote: »

I have 19 points left for today and I would love a mocha! Serious craving for one!

My question is though, would I be able to have 6 mochas a day and still lose weight? Considering they're 5 points each and my allowance is 30.

Obviously I'm not going to do this but is this the logic behind the points system?

The logic under any system is if you had only this every day you would lose weight in the short term - but its not sustainable or healthy or anything so this is not encouraged.

While technically you can eat anything you want once you stay within your propoints you are strongly encouraged to choose as many of the filling and healthy foods as you can as these are the keys to general health and long term weight loss sustainability. Its flexible as it allows for the treats and the occasional naughty thing and its realistic this way as it does not rule out any foods completely. But as I said you are encourage to eat the filling and healthy options.

• Advertisement

The logic under any system is if you had only this every day you would lose weight in the short term - but its not sustainable or healthy or anything so this is not encouraged.

While technically you can eat anything you want once you stay within your propoints you are strongly encouraged to choose as many of the filling and healthy foods as you can as these are the keys to general health and long term weight loss sustainability. Its flexible as it allows for the treats and the occasional naughty thing and its realistic this way as it does not rule out any foods completely. But as I said you are encourage to eat the filling and healthy options.

Thanks for the reply Tiny_penguin :)

Would a mocha every third day be ok then? Before I joined weight watchers I used to have a mocha every day, now I have one twice a week but since joining I feel guilty for having even those two :/

I don't eat any crap really other than a weight watchers wafer bar every second day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Baby75

Would a mocha every third day be ok then? Before I joined weight watchers I used to have a mocha every day, now I have one twice a week but since joining I feel guilty for having even those two :/

I don't eat any crap really other than a weight watchers wafer bar every second day.

can you make them a healthier way, skimmed milk may be! glad my pespi max is sugar free, although I do try and cut back as its not healthy for you either!:) I wouldn't feel guilty as long as your tracking it every day.

In relation to your love of mochas, in my opinion that's EXACTLY what the 49 weeklies are there for =)

I think they are amazing!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

I always do that :) There was this girl who used to work in my office and I was shocked that she had easily used up all her points or more (i'd say she would be on 29) before she had even had her dinner. 11am break was always a chocolate muffin (12PP in the Cuisine de France ones) and a chocolate bar (approx 7PP) and lunch was a sandwich (approx 9PP), full fat packet of tayto or hunky dory's (approx 6PP) and a full fat bottle of 7up (5PP)...!! :eek:

Down 2lb at WI :) I am not counting my eggs yet though because I am sick, and what usually happens when I am sick is I drop a decent amount of weight and then I gain the following week (even though I have been really good). So would be super happy for a STS next week.

6lbs to go til I get in to the 14's again :D

And 11lbs til I get to where I was last August/July :D Really want to reach this one by 22nd April (my OH's birthday), which gives me 10 weeks, I think that's do-able.

Had a bit of a treat tonight, chicken nuggets and chips from the chipper :) Don't feel one bit guilty though because I told myself I could have it as long as I honestly track it :) First time ever tracking a post WI treat :D

Down a half pound at WI. Don't mind that at all post Val's day! :-) And a loss is a loss, still going in the right direction. That 9lbs in 6 weeks now.

Well done to all the other "losers" too! x

Like was suggested by someone else you can make them lower with skimmed milk and have them everyday - i mean a mocha a day is prob fine if you are tracking it honestly and eating well the rest of the time. Also I make home made ones (not as good but i cant afford to buy them all the time and i love them too) and I use options or highlights and warm whisked skimmed milk - can do them for 2 or 3pp which is grand to have everyday.

using all your propoints on mochas in inadvisable - but having one every couple of days or even counted properly every day would be grand i'd say!

first day of operation bulk up the points is done... all pps gone for the day...

would you believe it the wii fit actually has me down weight already ha!!! i dont believe the wii though... never!

Trying to drink a bit more water as well...

well done on all the losses ladies.... you are doing great!!! :D:D:D

Had fish and chips tonight WW style! even made my own creamy salad dressing to make the meal seem even more indulgent and all for 12pp! I couldnt be more stuffed. After making my own home made wedges am never going to bother with frozen chips again. You get so much more when they are home made and they are much tastier!!

Well done everyone on their losses!! Heres to another week

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Had fish and chips tonight WW style! even made my own creamy salad dressing to make the meal seem even more indulgent and all for 12pp! I couldnt be more stuffed. After making my own home made wedges am never going to bother with frozen chips again. You get so much more when they are home made and they are much tastier!!

Well done everyone on their losses!! Heres to another week

How did you make your wedges (exact instructions if possible, i'm a bit of a novice)? :)

Monife wrote: »
    How did you make your wedges (exact instructions if possible, i'm a bit of a novice)? :)

Just posted details of my whole dinner on my blog :Dhttp://59lbstogo.blogspot.com/2012/02/fish-and-chips.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭intouch44

tiny_penguin that look so yummy!! thats dinner sorted for tomorrow so :)
    does anybody know off hand would mc donnells curry be high in pp? it'd give the dinner more of a chipper feel for me :D

just wondering if any of ya have a recipe for a WW friendly pizza base...

Me and the lil one going to make home made pizzas on saturday (she loves pizza and its a good way of sneaking extra veggies into her diet! ;) sly mammy i know... ;) )

Got all the toppings sorted... I use the low fat mozzarella from aldi, its 1pp for 30g.... have chorizo, peppers, mushrooms etc....

just stuck for a base... (i used a slice of bread rolled out really thinly and fried in low fat spray before... but want something a little bit doughy this time... )

Any ideas????

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭lisa_celtic

intouch44 wrote: »
    tiny_penguin that look so yummy!! thats dinner sorted for tomorrow so :)
    does anybody know off hand would mc donnells curry be high in pp? it'd give the dinner more of a chipper feel for me :D

I asked this my first week of ww, its 1pp per table spoon.

ali85 wrote: »
    just wondering if any of ya have a recipe for a WW friendly pizza base...

Me and the lil one going to make home made pizzas on saturday (she loves pizza and its a good way of sneaking extra veggies into her diet! ;) sly mammy i know... ;) )

Got all the toppings sorted... I use the low fat mozzarella from aldi, its 1pp for 30g.... have chorizo, peppers, mushrooms etc....

just stuck for a base... (i used a slice of bread rolled out really thinly and fried in low fat spray before... but want something a little bit doughy this time... )

Any ideas????

This one is from the complete kitchen and it serves 4

200g strong white bread flour
    200g plain white flour
    1tsp salt
    1tsp fast action yeast
    2tsps olive oil
    250ml tepid water

Combine all the dry ingredients in a bowl. Make a well in the centre and add the oil and almost all of the water (the water should feel just warm - if it is too hot it may kill of the yeast) Use a table knife or spoon to bring the liquid and flour together, adding just enough additional tepid water to make a soft dough that comes together without being sticky, leaving the bowl clean.
    Dust the worksurface with flour and knead the dough for 3-4mins until it feels soft springy and elastic. If you prod the dough the indentation should spring back lightly. Return the dough to the bowl and cover with cling film, and leave for 1hr til it has doubled in size.
    Punch the dough to deflate it, divide it into 4 balls. Dust baking trays with flour and shape each ball into a flat disc and gently flatten it with a rolling pin before rolling it into a 20cm round.
    When you have put your toppings on it just takes 12-16 minutes.

The recipe says these are 13pp each - and it includes 0pp tomato sauce , cherry tomatoes, basil, 125g reduced fat mozzerella and 25g of parmasan and it serves 4!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭molly09

Hi

just wondering what is the lowest pp shop bought veggie soup

Thanks

M

• Registered Users Posts: 3 carneen

Hi!
    this is my first post, so a little nervous! I've been going to ww since mid Oct and have lost about 18lbs, not great but alright i guess! fitting size 14's comfortably now but DYIN to be a 12! however I'm really struggling at the moment to stick to the 26 propoints per day and always seem to be going over them! I have a busy lifestyle as i am doing a masters and I'm working aswell so its pretty tough, trying to live the life of a student and also loose weight isn't a great combo! loosin motivation at the moment, anyone got any tips?!!
    thanks!

I have a recipe for cookies that requires polyunsaturated margerine..

Could anyone tell me what brand of margerine this is? I have googled and googled but I am none the wiser!

Thanks!

I have a recipe for cookies that requires polyunsaturated margerine..

Could anyone tell me what brand of margerine this is? I have googled and googled but I am none the wiser!

Thanks!

How about Soy Spread? It's very difficult to get, the only place I know that definately sells it is Nolans in Clontarf :)

This one is from the complete kitchen and it serves 4

200g strong white bread flour
    200g plain white flour
    1tsp salt
    1tsp fast action yeast
    2tsps olive oil
    250ml tepid water

Combine all the dry ingredients in a bowl. Make a well in the centre and add the oil and almost all of the water (the water should feel just warm - if it is too hot it may kill of the yeast) Use a table knife or spoon to bring the liquid and flour together, adding just enough additional tepid water to make a soft dough that comes together without being sticky, leaving the bowl clean.
    Dust the worksurface with flour and knead the dough for 3-4mins until it feels soft springy and elastic. If you prod the dough the indentation should spring back lightly. Return the dough to the bowl and cover with cling film, and leave for 1hr til it has doubled in size.
    Punch the dough to deflate it, divide it into 4 balls. Dust baking trays with flour and shape each ball into a flat disc and gently flatten it with a rolling pin before rolling it into a 20cm round.
    When you have put your toppings on it just takes 12-16 minutes.

The recipe says these are 13pp each - and it includes 0pp tomato sauce , cherry tomatoes, basil, 125g reduced fat mozzerella and 25g of parmasan and it serves 4!

Thanks Tiny! :D
    carneen wrote: »
    Hi!
    this is my first post, so a little nervous! I've been going to ww since mid Oct and have lost about 18lbs, not great but alright i guess! fitting size 14's comfortably now but DYIN to be a 12! however I'm really struggling at the moment to stick to the 26 propoints per day and always seem to be going over them! I have a busy lifestyle as i am doing a masters and I'm working aswell so its pretty tough, trying to live the life of a student and also loose weight isn't a great combo! loosin motivation at the moment, anyone got any tips?!!
    thanks!

Hi Carneen,

Firstly well done on the 18lbs... that is brilliant!!!

Everyone on here loses motivation at some point, I stayed the same this week and had an evening of feeling really sorry for myself.. but the folks on here are great for giving you a kick in the right direction.

I can only imagine how tough things are for you, I work full time and that is hard enough let alone studying for a masters! You must be driven off your trolly!!!

My first tip would be to pop in and out here when you can. It really has been a godsend to me... When you are having a bad day/bad week there is always someone on here that feels the same or has felt the same and has come out the other end.

Secondly, mix up your food. I'm back on WW for like the 4th time. Each time I did it before I always got peed off coz I felt all I was eating was salad, salad bloody salad... :mad: But this time around I am using my days off to make soups and buying different fruits and veg each week, like one week I got avocado which I had only ever had in guacamole form! just to make a change.... Also try pointing some of your favourite foods. I'm a wagon for chicken burgers and I pointed them the other night... only 4pp when grilled... now all I need is a skinny bun and I am happy out!

When I work long hours (like today :( ) I bring copious amounts of fruit and lower fat munchies... i love the light choices biccies from tesco... lovely with a cuppa...

Lots of us on here have blogs too. (most of us are novices... myself being the biggest novice of them all :P ) but its good to get a good rant down or if you have a good tip or recipe its great to get it all out on screen.

Anyway... I have rambled on enough here.... ha! Can you tell I don't want to launch into the mountain of paperwork on my desk this morning! :P

Good luck! and keep us all posted on your progress!!! Onward & downwards! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Boop22

Hi All,

Down 2.5lbs at WI last nite, thats 7.5lbs in 2 weeks, so happy:D

I am very nervous about today though. Have to go out for lunhc with work today and am also meeting friends for dinner and drinks tonight. Don't know how I am going to stick within the 49 weeklies today and it's only day 1 of my week.

Where we're going for lunch is usually carvery - Beef or Chicken with Mash and Veg. Have no idea how to point this as I don't know what has been added to the mash etc.

I am going to a restaurant called café bliss tonight off George's street in Dublin. It's €10 for main course and its BYOB:) Great value money wise but again I don't know what my best option food wise would be:confused: Has anyone else been here before?? Also, how many points are in a bottle of ww wine?

Thanks

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement