Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 143: Diaz V Condit Official Thread Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,544 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Flying armbar at 0:48 FTW :pac:

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Youtube Video XARM

WTF.... That is the dumbest **** I've ever seen. I doubt there's an audience there outside of the cast of The Hills have Eyes or Wrong Turn. Calling that human cock fighting is an insult to the birds because that stuff is more intelligent than this...

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Those kinda lads think of MMA and expect this:

That chit looks awesome!

Gary Goodridge has a crack off it!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-AGRhQBpmY

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

that is the dumbest thing i have ever seen... it will do great

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭p to the e

Didn't the guy from Elite XC develop this? I thought this wasn't still going?

• Advertisement

p to the e wrote: »
    Didn't the guy from Elite XC develop this? I thought this wasn't still going?

This full metal jousting looks awesome too

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7IPwAgFDv5U

• Registered Users Posts: 12,430 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

That looks ridiculously bad.

LINK
    Feb 6, 2012 - Cesar Gracie blasted the judging of the three cageside officials charged with scoring UFC 143's main event matchup between Nick Diaz and Carlos Condit, calling the trio "a perfect storm of incompetence."

In the now controversial interim welterweight title bout, Gracie's longtime protege Diaz lost a unanimous decision 49-46, 49-46, 48-47 as scored by Cecil Peoples, Patricia Morse-Jarman and Junichiro Kamijo, respectively.

Gracie took major exception to the scoring of the first round, which many observers scored for Diaz.
    "I literally just got off my computer to watch that first round again," he said on Monday's edition of The MMA Hour. "And I thought, you'd have to be insane to think a guy chasing the other guy down, landing the significant punches, and running after a guy, trying to fight a guy who will not fight, that is scared to fight, and you lose? How do I tell my fighter what he should have done better? It takes two men to fight. If one guy doesn't fight, that should be a point deducted."

Gracie said that the judges' scoring might have been personal rather than unbiased.

"I don't think the judges like Nick," he said. "He comes off, he talks in the ring… Carlos was running at one point, and Nick slapped him in the face said, 'Quit running.' We were there for a dogfight. Carlos said he’d provide for the fans a dogfight, a great fight where they were going to go at it. That was not a dogfight. It takes two to make a dogfight. One guy running away is not a dogfight.

"I don't know what the judges were looking at," he continued. "They’ve never liked Nick in Vegas. They've never voted for him in a decision. The only one was the BJ Penn fight, and he almost had to kill BJ to get that one. I don't think they like his attitude, a guy that's going to go out there and talk. I think they think he's disrespectful. They're going to find a reason to judge against him. I don't think he can get fair judging in that state at all."
    Judges are independently appointed by each state's athletic commission. Last Saturday night's fight marked the fifth time Diaz has fought to a decision in Nevada, and he has lost four of them. In addition to the Condit bout, he lost three-rounders to Joe Riggs, Diego Sanchez and Karo Parisyan, with all three of those bouts coming between 2004-2006.

Gracie held back on criticism of Condit, except to say that he was "disappointed" in the way he fought after promising a war, but placed the blame for that on Condit's coaching staff.

"It's one thing to avoid standing in the pocket, it's one thing to know how to dodge punches and kicks, and be somewhat elusive and have great defense," he said. "It’s another thing to turn your back and run from a fighter. That's completely different. You shouldn't be telling your fighter to fight like that. I think it's a disgrace and a shame. I've said this before: I don't like that camp. I'm not going to take that back."

After the fight, Diaz said he might be done with mixed martial arts. Gracie has yet to speak with him in any depth about his future, but said he could understand Diaz's frustration in the moment.

Some have wondered whether an instant rematch would lure Diaz back. On Monday, Condit's manager Malki Kawa told MMA Fighting that his side wasn't interested in that.

That came as no surprise to Gracie.

"Of course they're not interested in a rematch," he said. "They lost the first one."

Gracie said he has yet to hear anything from UFC officials regarding a rematch, but that he would be on board for it. One prerequisite? A new location.

"The whole judging criteria is so flawed, and that these guys don't have anyone to answer to," he said. "Once they're in there, they're not getting reviewed. You're going to get fired because you're obviously an incompetent judge? That doesn't happen. It's like the Supreme Court. You're in there for life. You can do whatever you want and you can tell everybody basically to 'F off' if they don't like it. It's a position of total power. They're making decisions that are ruining the sport and are ridiculous. No one’s going to get them out of there. It's absurd if you think about it."

I dunno whether Cesar Gracie is as delusional as Diaz or maybe he's just rocking the boat to try get a rematch, but either way his take on the fight is crazy.
    Maybe he's hanging around with Nick too long.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,114 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

horsemeat wrote: »
    What's the saline point?
    Seemed like Nick thought it was close, but Nate clearly thought it was 4 1.
    I had Nick 1,2 and 5 for what it's worth. I know a lot of people gave him 3, I'd need to rewatch the fight though. 4 was clearly carlos.
    The big issue for me is that they were telling him he easily won the first three rounds. When all 3 were pretty close. They even tried to say he won the forth before Nick called them on it. He knew he lost, and only then they switch over to a 3-1 score.

If they want to play to his ego, and feed the sob story, that he was screwed over, the Judges don't like him etc - then thats up to them. But do so after the fight. durign the fight they have a job to do, and the way they carried on didn't help nick at all. If anything, he mellowed in the third and forth. Before relising that he might need a finish in the forth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭horsemeat

the fact peopel are still complaining about it i think it will.

also the ufc wants diaz v gsp so they may as well try again to make it happen. did you see the look on the faces of almost everyone bar team condit after the decision. everyone looked pissed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Long read but heres the transcript from UFC 143 main event corners

When Carlos Condit beat Nick Diaz at UFC 143 Saturday night, much was made of Diaz not changing his style, but rather pressing forward without landing more blows than he was eating. BloodyElbow put together a transcript of the audio feed from Diaz's corner, which is excepted below.

Among other things it is clear that one reason Diaz did not change his style is because his brother told him throughout that he was winning, despite frequent misgivings from others in the corner.

It was not possible to discern each voice in Diaz's corner, so the voices are attributed to Nate Diaz and a generic "Red Corner" which is in all likelihood usually boxing coach Richard Perez.

Before Round 1

Nate: **** this guy, be smart a’right?
    Nate: Wake up, Dude! Wake up! There you go!
    Red Corner: Be calm in the corner. That’s where the cameras are, they’re tryin’ t make us look bad. The camera is makin’ us look bad for freakin’ out so be calm on the cameras
    Nate: Watch that straight right left hook he’s gonna try, straight right – left hook.
    Red Corner: Let’s go Diaz! Be smart! Let’s do it!

Round 1:

Red Corner (right after the first leg kick): Check that kick
    Nate: Watch that straight right – left hook!
    Nate (4:43): Put that chin down!
    Red Corner (4:05): Box him up, Nick!
    Nate (4:07): Feints too! Feints! Make him throw!
    Red Corner (3:45): Turn it up! He’s trying to run! He’s trying to run!
    Red Corner (3:08): You got him against the cage!
    Red Corner (3:02): Cut him off, don’t follow! (The command is repeated many (!) times from here on out till the end of the round)
    Nate (2:04): There you go! Set up the body!
    Red Corner (2:01): You stand up tall!
    Nate (after a spinning elbow by Carlos at 1:58): ****in’ dick!
    Red Corner (1:31): He’s landed the better shots so far
    Nate (1:30): Yah.
    Nate (1:27): He’s tryin to pace for five rounds.
    Red Corner (1:14): Flank him! Come on! Get him against the cage! Body!
    Red Corner (after Condit escapes again and a lot of "Cut him off!" previously): You let him get off again! Don’t let him get off!
    Red Corner (0:26): Back him up! Take a step forward! Set it up! Step forward! Turn it up!

In Corner Betweene Round 1 and Round 2:

Nate: Sit down, sit down.
    Richard Perez: Don’t let him circle, you hear? When you got him against the cage...
    Nate (interrupting): Deep breaths, deep breaths.
    Richard Perez: Deep breaths, out of your mouth! Now...when you back him up against the cage Nick, you gotta stay in his face hard, you understand? So what you’re gonna do is your gonna pump that jab...
    Nick: (to Nate, interrupting) Gimme the bottle of water.
    Richard Perez: And you go to the body and then back to the head. Head-Body, it’s wide open, you can get him.
    Nate: He’s tryin to make you chase him too [him and Perez talking over each other] Cut him off real good.
    Nate: He’s tryin to coast for five rounds. Cut him off good!

Round 2

Red Corner (4:35): Here comes the headkick! (It was another leg kick)
    Red Coner (4:10): Keep comin. You have it there, dog!
    Nate (to a teammate, 4:03): He’s got nothin on him, dude. He’s just tryin to set stuff up. (right here, Condit throws a spinning elbow at around 3:58) See, that’s the kind of asshole-**** he’s got. But...he better land a good one if he wants to end it cause he can’t really do too much.
    Red Corner (3:41): You gotta throw your punches down the middle!
    Nate (3:32): Make him come to you!
    Red Cotner *applause after Nick taunts and slaps Carlos*
    Red Corner (somebody else than the staff that could be heard so far 3:08): Condit you pussy!
    Nate (2:50): Make him chase you! Make him chase you a little bit! Let him chase you too he ain’t got ****!
    Red Corner (1:40): Make him miss! Make him miss! Let your hands go!
    Red Corner (1:24): He’s tired now! He’s tired! He’s getting desperate right now, he’s getting tired! Down the middle!
    Nate: Nicks gonna pick up the pace later in the third-fourth round
    Red Corner (0:37): Come on, Nick! You can’t win like that! You can’t win like that!
    Red Corner (0:17): Throw! Throw!

In Corner Between Round 2 and Round 3

Nate: Ok, sit down
    Red Corner: You can’t finish him by following him. Your doin good
    Nate: Keep doin’ what you’re doin.
    Red Corner: You’re doing good. You got him runnin now. He’s gassin out from runnin.
    Nate: You ain’t gonna have to chase him so much, too. You can if you want but you don’t have to. He’s trying to make you chase him around. You can wave him down like "Come to me motherf
    !". You won the last two rounds so keep doin what you’re doin. But you can make him come to you too. Or do what you want. You can do that too, he ain’t doin nothin.
    Nate: Good job brother, you’re doin good.

Round 3

Nate: It’s lookin good
    Red Corner: You think so?
    Nate: Yah, two – zero.
    Red Corner: Sometimes though, they...
    Nate: Nah, two to zero. Everybody knows that. **** that! The guy ain’t doin nothin. He’s doin what he can though.
    Red Corner: He’s running. He’s running the whole time.
    Red Corner (after Nick flurries on Carlos 4:23): Oh, nice! Nice left hand!
    Red Corner (4:21): He’s hurt! He’s hurt Nick! He’s hurt!
    Red Corner (4:12, as Carlos turns his back briefly and jogs to the middle of the cage): Get on top of him! You gotta be on top of him when he does that! He’s not set. Now down the middle! Come on!
    Red Corner: (3:43) You got it dog! Keep going! Keep doing it! Keep doing it! He don’t know what to do no more! That’s it right there! He’s turning! He’s turning! Step over! Step over, down the middle!
    Nate (2:51): Heartrate, Nick!
    Red Corner (2:30): Don’t let him bounce around!
    Red Corner (2:07): Come on now, Nick! Don’t stand in front of him! Back him up, there you you go! Mix it up, Nick!
    Red Corner (to Nate): He’s gotta get the punch-combos going
    Nate: Yeah. It’s hard though when you’re chasing the ****er all over the place.
    Nate (0:16): Don’t chase him, walk him down, Nick!

In Corner between Round 3 and Round 4

Nate: Here, sit down, brother
    Nick: Did I get hit?
    Nate: Nah, you’re not even cut.
    Richard Perez: He’s got nothin no more, dog. You hear me? He got nothin no more. All you gotta do is go down the middle, get that body-shot. Don’t stand in front of him though cause you may get hit
    Nate: You can make him come to you as well cause he’s just running from you. Don’t chase him. Wave "Come to me, mother****er", you know what I mean? You can keep doin what you do the whole fight. You gotta cut him off really good, ok?

Round 4

Red Corner: Man, they’re trying to cool him off. That was a lot of water.
    Red Corner: His heatrate seems still alright
    Nate (4:49): That’s what they do, they make him all wet so the punches slip off and ****.
    Red Corner (4:44): Is that allowed here?
    Nate (Yelling over to the other corner): Ey, y’all put too much water on that mother****er, man!
    Nate (4:32): Ref! Dry him off, ref! Dry him off!
    Nate (4:23): He’s slippin all over the place cause they put water all over him! That’s weak.
    Nate (3:48): Okay let’s go and pick your shots right now, let’s not go for the fence right now! Quicker shots that land, Nick! They don’t got to be hard now, just make’em land!
    Red Corner (3:25): He’s gonna run in a circle all night. Let’s get some hooks, make him stay in there!
    Red Corner (3:02): Body lock!
    Nate (3:01): He all wet!
    Red Corner (2:59): It’s awful. Yeah, referee’s gotta
    Nate (2:50): He’s wet, dude! He’s all wet.
    Red Corner (2:48): Let your hands go! Don’t stand in front of him!
    Nate (still about Condit being all wet): That’s weak dog. That’s weak.
    Nicks corner is clearly frustrated that he let’s Condit escape from the cage so often, exclaiming "aw man!" and calling for him to stay on Condit.
    Nate (1:50, as Condit sprints away again): Call for a yellow-card!
    Nate: That’s the best he can do man. He’s just surviving the fight!
    Nate (1:15): Step on the outside!
    Red Corner (1:13): Take the center! Make him come to you!
    Red Coner (0:50): Put him in a war, Nick! Make him waste his...let’s get his heartrate up!

In corner between Round 4 and Final Round

Nate: Hey ref! Ref! Ref! Ref! Ey, they keep wetting him! He’s all slippery because they keep pouring water all over him.
    Referee: Alright, alright!
    Nate: There’s water...
    Somebody says: What do you think. Maybe Nick
    Nate: No. No, no, no, no, **** that, you got every round.
    Nate: He might have got that last round but that’s it. You got the rest. You’re up three to one, okay? Rinse it out, take a drink. Let’s get a couple of ten second intervals in this one, ok? Whenever you want, whenever you’re ready.

5th Round

Nate: This is the last round, right?
    Red Corner Is this the fifth round?
    Nate: Yah. Fifth round.
    Nate (4:14 after the usual calls): Be smart Nick, make him miss!
    Nate (4:02): Quick punches that land, alright?
    Red Corner (3:38) You just stand in front of him! Come on Nick, come on!
    Red Corner (3:26): Don’t stand on the outside!
    Red Corner (3:12): Take him down when he stands like that!
    Red Corner (2:32 as Nick gets a body-lock): There it is!
    Nate: Yeah! (as Nick takes it tot he ground, 1:20)
    Nate (1:10): He’s gonna finish somethin, dude.
    Red Corner: Relax! You got a minute! You got a minute!
    Nate (0:50): Yeah, he’s trying to get that armbar.
    Red Corner (0:30): Break his nose!
    Nate: 30 seconds, go on top! Now, Nick, now!
    Nate (0:17): Ey, let’s get some elbows, get some punches! 15 seconds!
    Red Corner (0:09): Set that choke up!

After the Fight:

Official: Nobody goes in until I say. Stay right here, please
    Red Corner: Yes, Sir.
    Nate: **** yeah!
    Red Corner: Get his shirt!
    Nate: Ey, gimme his shirt! Gimme his shirt!
    Nate: You won that ****!
    Official: Now get in there. You know what to do?
    Red Corner: Yes, Sir!
    Nate: Gimme that shirt!
    Dana White: Good job, dude!
    Nate: Ey! For sure four to one, a’right?
    Nick: I got that? I got that homie?
    Nate: Yeah **** yeah, you got that.
    Nick: I pushde him back the whole time
    Red Corner: Yeah, yeah, he ran.
    Nate: All we got is the sweatshirt. Ey yo, put this on. I tell you four to one for sure. No problem.
    Red Corner: He ran too much.
    Nick (probably looking at the replay): They’re showin only his ****.
    Nate: Yeah, that was the last round. But you got four to one for sure. There’s no way...
    Nick (interrupting): I almost finished that armlock.
    Nate: Yeah, yeah, I know. He knew he was biding his time too. Hey look, Nick, you guaranteed no matter what won that fight.
    Nate (shaking Greg Jacksons hand): Good fight!
    Nate (shaking Carlos’ hand): Good fight, Carlos
    Nick (talking to Lorenzo Fertitta. Unfortunately, this is very hard to understand): You asked me to fight, I came here to fight. I came in a little heavy. It was either I could cut the calories or cut the sparring [...]
    Nate: "Hey, listen. Listen: He did what he had to do, alright? That’s what. So he’d get through that fight

^^^^

Errr someone already posted.

dave1982 wrote: »
    Long read but heres the transcript from UFC 143 main event corners
    Was posted a few posts back.
    I'm kinda interested in Greg Jackson and the rest of the blue corner now

• Registered Users Posts: 19,151 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Carlos Condit Accepts Nick Diaz Rematch

“Sources close to the deal just now confirmed with The Underground that Carlos Condit has accepted a rematch with Nick Diaz for the interim welterweight title.

Condit said ‘Yes, I accept the rematch’ and will be in Las Vegas on Thursday to finalize the deal with the UFC.”

According the The Underground, Carlos Condit has in fact accepted the rematch with Nick Diaz and it’s going down in Las Vegas, although no specific date was given just yet. Stay tuned to BJPenn.com for updates.

Condit and Diaz fought to a controversial five round decision this past weekend at UFC 143, that has left MMA fans divided on who they believe won the fight. Diaz fans claim that Condit did nothing but run the entire fight, while Condit supports point to sources like FightMetric to prove their case.

Either way, it looks like the two are on a path to meet at least one more time, as Diaz will once again get the chance to fight his fight, and walk away the interim UFC welterweight champion.

Looking forward to that.
    Going to be a lot of pressure on him to go with a different game plan.
    Diaz will no doubt prepare for the strike and evade gameplan from Saturday. I'm hoping he comes out and lands a head kick KO

• Registered Users Posts: 29,544 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Hope Condit doesn't buckle to pressure and just fight how he wants to. Actually hoping for a flying knee KO but I think Diaz will be much more agressive, either way can't wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Lesson learned.
    if you want an immediate rematch from a decision loss, bitch and threaten to retire.

I don't think Diaz deserved a rematch at all. Condit won the fight fair and square and Diaz cried about it till he got what he wanted.
    I hope Condit finishes the fight in style and shuts him up.
    But I think Diaz will come out with a totally different gameplan. I think he'll stand for most of the 1st round but then look for the takedown and try for a submission victory.
    I'd say Condit was offered crazy money for the rematch otherwise I don't see why he'd agree to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭MMAIRELANDFAN

The UFC is a joke

So basically they wanted a Diaz v GSP big fight and when it's stopped by Condit winning fair they make the rematch.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

The UFC is a joke

So basically they wanted a Diaz v GSP big fight and when it's stopped by Condit winning fair they make the rematch.

Ehhhh, Condit agreed to the rematch, nobody forced him. How does that make the UFC a joke? He could easily have sat on his ass and waited for Georges to get healthy. Instead he takes a fight, not just any fight, but a rematch with Diaz. How does that make the UFC a joke?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭MMAIRELANDFAN

Roar wrote: »
    Ehhhh, Condit agreed to the rematch, nobody forced him. How does that make the UFC a joke? He could easily have sat on his ass and waited for Georges to get healthy. Instead he takes a fight, not just any fight, but a rematch with Diaz. How does that make the UFC a joke?

Oh Yeah and he was not told by Dana that it would be good for the UFC to have a rematch, in reality the UFC asking him to rematch are undermining the decision which was clear.

ie, Bad for him.

Oh Yeah and he was not told by Dana that it would be good for the UFC to have a rematch, in reality the UFC asking him to rematch are undermining the decision which was clear.

ie, Bad for him.

He could've refused the rematch if he wanted to. You can bet he's gonna get a big payday for accepting the fight though.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,329 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Not really a fan of a rematch. It's basically the UFC saying we didn't like the result so we are going to keep having the fight until we get the result we want. Much like the government has done with some referendums here. Plus if Diaz had won that fight there is no chance on earth they would have given Condit a rematch. Where is Bisping's rematch with Sonnen for example? He probably had a far better case than Diaz did for one. Only in that fight the UFC got the result they wanted.

This is the UFC ordering or not ordering rematches so they can get the big money fights they want further down the line. This is bascially what WWE do but sport is unpredictable. Fighters will lose fights that they are not expected too. You just have to accept that and work around it.

Condit initially refused the fight so all I can imagine is the UFC shoved so much money at him until he couldn't turn it down.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

I don't think that is the case at all...I believe Condit won that fight, I believe he came with the superior gameplan, refused to be drawn into Nick's and won the fight because Nick was unable to adapt at the time.

That said, there are many, many fans who feel the fight was close enough to deserve a rematch or that Diaz won.

The UFC normally tries to make things happen that the fans want to happen so i imagine they have been just as aware as any of us as to the split in the fan base about the result.

Condit is a fighter and a damn good one, he was patient and accommodating during the whole saga in the run up to this fight happening. I imagine after the fight he figured the controversy would eventually die down but it shows no signs of stopping yet. It's just as easy to imagine he wants to rematch to put an exclamation point on the whole thing, beat Diaz again and shut everyone up.

The forced rematch conspiracy is a nice idea but Dana was one of the first to say that he felt Condit won, won well and both GSP and Diaz would just need to deal with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

Dean09 wrote: »
    He could've refused the rematch if he wanted to.

You think so! I don't.
    The UFC normally tries to make things happen that the fans want to happen so i imagine they have been just as aware as any of us as to the split in the fan base about the result..

They do what the fan's will pay for, not what the fans want.
    The forced rematch conspiracy is a nice idea but Dana was one of the first to say that he felt Condit won, won well and both GSP and Diaz would just need to deal with it.

Yes and this makes it all the worse, He know's Diaz does not deserve a rematch and is making a purely business decision and screwing Condit of his chance to fight for the title, By this i believe Diaz will win the rematch and most likely on the ground.

So win win for Dana, big interest in the controversial rematch and then Diaz v GSP big pay day too, both bigger than Condit v GSP.

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,329 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Put it this way on the Primetime special of Diaz v Condit they spent most of the last episode hyping a Diaz v GSP fight. UFC sees that as a big money fight that is now in jeopardy (probably won't be far off a million PPV buys in North America). With respect to Condit he is a very good fighter but not a PPV draw in the slightest. There is no money in Condit v GSP.

This is a clear case of UFC booking fights to suit business. Nothing wrong with that if all you're concerned about is the bottom line I guess but it must suck if you win a fight fairly and squarely and they want you to do it again because it wasn't the right outcome for business. That doesn't sit easily with me.

If Diaz wins the rematch will Condit get a rubber match? I think we all know the answer to that. No chance unless he can somehow get it written into the contract. Which is unlikely as it would disrupt the timing of a potential Diaz v GSP fight at the end of the year.

That said, there are many, many fans who feel the fight was close enough to deserve a rematch or that Diaz won.

The UFC normally tries to make things happen that the fans want to happen so i imagine they have been just as aware as any of us as to the split in the fan base about the result.

Close? Maybe.

But I seriously don't think there's anyone out there who would be excited about a Diaz v Condit rematch. Not after the last one.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,118 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

This is terribly disappointing from the UFC. It doesn't help it's desire to appear as a legitimate sport to the public eye.

Condit won. Diaz lost. Regardless of what Dana wanted, that was what happened, and they're bitching out on it.

I genuinely feel sorry for Condit who absolutely deserved the win. I can only hope he beats Diaz decisively next time; if that happens, I reckon Diaz will have no option but to actually retire.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭p to the e

This is terribly disappointing from the UFC. It doesn't help it's desire to appear as a legitimate sport to the public eye.

Condit won. Diaz lost. Regardless of what Dana wanted, that was what happened, and they're bitching out on it.

I genuinely feel sorry for Condit who absolutely deserved the win. I can only hope he beats Diaz decisively next time; if that happens, I reckon Diaz will have no option but to actually retire.

I honestly think the Koscheck - Pierce fight was a closer fight than this one with many people concluding that Pierce won but where was his rematch? If this rematch goes ahead I can see it leaving a bad taste in everyone's mouth. It is just showing that if you act like a spoilt child long enough you will get what you want.

• Advertisement

There's another factor people aren't taking into account here.

GSP isn't available to fight until the end of 2012 at the earliest. They haven't created an Interim Title just so both champions can sit around and wait for each other. They want that title active. And who else is there for Condit to fight? They can't possibly give him Koscheck coz Koscheck won't be getting near GSP again.

Fitch has just been smashed (to the UFC's celebration) too. Johnny Hendricks is maybe the only other guy who could step in but i don't think he's up for a title shot just yet.

Although I fully agree that there's no controversy and Condit won the fight fair and square, I still think a rematch makes sense!

Advertisement