Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 143: Diaz V Condit Official Thread Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭horsemeat

Thought i'd open this up lads seeing as the primetime show is up.

Jesus Diaz is seriously mentally unstable, that last five minute scene was one of the strangest things i've ever seen in my life. Embedded below.
    Very strange the entire show was like 15 mins of boring condit junk filler, and then a poignant five minute scene where Diaz talks and honestly I don't know what to say about it.

Diaz is my favourite fighter though, I think he takes this fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭mannequinhands

yea im going for Diaz aswell

1. He is an interesting fighter who does bring the fight and has showed some great skills

2. Well i think we all wanna see Diaz vs GSP that should be a good one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭Fear Uladh

I'm becoming a big fan of Diaz, he is absolutely mental but I love his fighting style.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭UUJ_Lad

I want Diaz to face GSP, purely for the fact that GSP will for the first time in a long time have to face someone that honestly has the tools to beat him.

Absolutely no way will he stand with Diaz.

But Carlos Condit is no joke, he's a hell of a fighter but ever since the Paul Daley fight in SF Diaz has just looked a different level.

• Advertisement

UUJ_Lad wrote: »
    I want Diaz to face GSP, purely for the fact that GSP will for the first time in a long time have to face someone that honestly has the tools to beat him.

IMO Jake Shields was the guy who had the tools to beat GSP. But for some reason he didn't show up that night, which was a shame.

GSP v Diaz will be an amazing fight though. Hoping Condit doesn't ruin that because I can't see Condit getting near beating GSP.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭UUJ_Lad

Shields looked lost against GSP, which I found very surprising. Although GSP looked good on the feet against Kos, and it was 'just' Kos he'll be back to the lay and pray against Diaz, he'll be looking to keep that side mount and basically do whatever he can do stop Diaz from moving or attempting to work his submission game.

The fact that Diaz can. in theory, win this fight standing, or on his back means that GSP will be challenged for the first time in a long time, in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Diaz better keep the showboating to a minimum standing in front of Condit.

y2icd.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 6,413 ✭✭✭weemcd

dave1982 wrote: »
    Diaz better keep the showboating to a minimum standing in front of Condit.

Couldn't agree more, Condit is a much more live opponent than Daley or Penn (these days, at WW.) Diaz takes far to many punches for my liking, of course I know he has a great chin, but he was floored a few times when he fought Daley and I rate Condit as a much more dangerous and varied opponent.

Carlos could take an upset here, and I would not be remotely surprised

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭tower08

Looking forward to this fight, love watching any of the Diaz brothers!

If Diaz drops his hands as much as he usually does u cud see condit dropping him with one of those flying knees , hope he's doesn't tho, everyone wants to see Gsp v Diaz

And even though condit has a good chance of causing an upset and beating Diaz I think gsp would have a way easier time shutting own condits style

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Has that documentary about Diaz been aired?

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭O.P.H

horsemeat wrote: »
    Thought i'd open this up lads seeing as the primetime show is up.

Jesus Diaz is seriously mentally unstable, that last five minute scene was one of the strangest things i've ever seen in my life. Embedded below.
    Very strange the entire show was like 15 mins of boring condit junk filler, and then a poignant five minute scene where Diaz talks and honestly I don't know what to say about it.

Diaz is my favourite fighter though, I think he takes this fight.

It was 10 min of Carlos Condit and how is it filler junk but the Diaz part is poignant. I actually enjoyed the Condit part cause didnt know much about him, the Diaz part is probly just like that cause its all he let them film. Far more respect for Condit than Diaz. Condit is a grown man who takes care of his responsibilities, Diaz is a whinny b!tch and acts like a knacher like his brother. Should be a hell of a fight but I'm backin Condit, think Diaz will let his temper get the better of him and Condit will lay him out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Think Diaz is all hype. He was well beaten in the standup until BJ gassed, and he would/should have been finished by Daley when he got rocked. I bet everyone agrees :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Incarnadine86

JJayoo wrote: »
    Think Diaz is all hype. He was well beaten in the standup until BJ gassed, and he would/should have been finished by Daley when he got rocked. I bet everyone agrees :pac:

Its not that people won't agree to some extent as the UFC have habit of hyping up every main event to sell PPV's its just that you told us how you used how Diaz beat those tow fighters as examples. Better cardio and a strong chin. I think Condit has a chance once he keeps his head and doesn't get sucked into playing Diaz's game.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

JJayoo wrote: »

I thought KJ Noons won that fight too.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,461 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

I think a healthy GSP wrassles either guy easily to UD. Hard to judge Condit Dia but I think if Diaz can set his tempo high as usual he can beat Condit.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭karl bracken

I think Condit has all the tools to beat Diaz, he matches him in every area except BJJ but his Jitz is good enough to defend and get back up.
    I think his power will be the deciding factor and take a decision after hurting him a few times...
    Either way it will be a great fight!

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭stealinhorses

After seeing the second episode of Primetime, the only thing I can't wait for is GSP returning to smash Diaz.

I think Condit has all the tools to beat Diaz, he matches him in every area except BJJ but his Jitz is good enough to defend and get back up.
    I think his power will be the deciding factor and take a decision after hurting him a few times...
    Either way it will be a great fight!

He doesn't match his for boxing.

Condit has decent hands and the power that Diaz lacks, but in no way do they match in this respect!

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭clancy wiggum

After seeing the second episode of Primetime, the only thing I can't wait for is GSP returning to smash Diaz.

any chance of a link to that episode bud?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭O.P.H

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭loremolis

Did anyone hear if ESPNUK is on a freeview weekend for UFC 143?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,427 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

loremolis wrote: »
    Did anyone hear if ESPNUK is on a freeview weekend for UFC 143?

Yeah I heard that alright.
    I just checked it there and it seems to be true anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭conor678

Hi,

Can you please enlighten me on how ESPN is free for Sky users that weekend? Just curious?

conor678 wrote: »
    Hi,

Can you please enlighten me on how ESPN is free for Sky users that weekend? Just curious?

I'm not really sure what you mean. It's just free! If you switch on ESPN next weekend you'll be able to watch it.

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭conor678

Cheers! Just clarifying it. Bit strange but bonus for that weekend!

conor678 wrote: »
    Cheers! Just clarifying it. Bit strange but bonus for that weekend!

I think they do it a few times a year to try entice new customers over. It's handy alright if you don't have it, and it's great that it happens to be on a big UFC weekend!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭Ian Whelan

I like to watch Roy Nelson, I think he's a very entertaining fighter and incredibly tough. I think he's an example of someone who has just been unfortunate with his match ups, i.e. JDS, Frank Mir and now Werdum, Struve was a tough fight for him too and one which Nelson was expected to lose.

I think he's going to struggle against Werdum but I hope he can spring a surprise and I hope that even if he loses the UFC give him another few fights.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,486 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

My 2nd favourite part of Office Space, Michael Bolton FTW!

As much as I would like to see Condit beating Diaz, I would prefer to see Diaz beat GSP. If GSP walks through him, then there really is no one else to challenge him.

This a gas video of Diaz tapping out one of his homies.

Advertisement