Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 143: Diaz V Condit Official Thread Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Lol, So when someone comes up with a game plan for Diaz its running? Condit was able to circle away from Diaz every time and comes out of the fight with almost zero visible damage. Good fight by Condit. Think Diaz has to improve his taunting, it didn't seem to work this time :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭jimpump

Something like "I don't consider this a loss. I'm done with this mma, I don't need this ****. He's a good fighter but he ran from me for 5 rounds... " with the usual Diaz stuff thrown in.[/QUOTE

He is right, condit was on the backfoot all fight, diaz the only one moving forward. But i suppose condit had a game plan and it worked.

the gameplan was a joke tho. if i wanna watch running ill watch athletics

pathetic showing tonight, i am slowly getting back into preferring boxing over mma

God i wish PRIDE rules in boxing rings were still the norm

even better, i wish K-1 was still around

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Hide the Rum

I think Condit could have engaged him a bit more in the center without letting Diaz get into his rhythm, he had some good success with it at the end of round 3 and Rogan came alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

jimpump wrote: »

the gameplan was a joke tho. if i wanna watch running ill watch athletics

pathetic showing tonight, i am slowly getting back into preferring boxing over mma

God i wish PRIDE rules in boxing rings were still the norm

even better, i wish K-1 was still around

How's your 'Just Bleed' T-shirt?

If you want pride rules go watch dream. K-1 isn't gone, Heard of its showtime an arguably more succesfull kickboxing promotion then K-1, or the new re branded k-1 company.

I think Condit could have engaged him a bit more in the center without letting Diaz get into his rhythm, he had some good success with it at the end of round 3 and Rogan came alive.

joe rogan was a joke tonight. never have i seen him all over a fighters nuts like he was on condits

diaz must have robbed his stash or something

bring in Bas and joe can **** off back to fear factor and spend more time getting stoned with his gay lover eddie bravo

• Advertisement

empacher wrote: »

How's your 'Just Bleed' T-shirt?

If you want pride rules go watch dream. K-1 isn't gone, Heard of its showtime an arguably more succesfull kickboxing promotion then K-1, or the new re branded k-1 company.

i was at its showtime this past weekend in holland ya noob

and i know yer a noob cos its showtime isnt even a hundreth the size that K-1 was in its heyday selling out 100,000 seater stadiums

go back to wearing your tapout shirts tough guy!

and that makes me a noob? That's really Clever of you. If you were at its showtime why are you complaining about K-1 its the same thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

Shogun vs Machida 1. Really hope GSP has a minor set back so they can fight again.

If your replying to me don't edit your post first, if K-1 is so great why did it fail while its showtime is still going strong?:rolleyes: seems to me like its showtime > K-1

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭CorkonianRebel

Just wondering does anyone know how much weight Big Country lost? He really slimmed down! He can sure take a knee!

Diaz/condit fight was disappointing but Condit did what he had to, to win.Its up to Diaz to cut him off and throw more.I think they said Condit landed the more strikes although maybe they were "baby kicks" like Diaz said!

• Advertisement

Just wondering does anyone know how much weight Big Country lost? He really slimmed down! He can sure take a knee!

Diaz/condit fight was disappointing but Condit did what he had to, to win.Its up to Diaz to cut him off and throw more.I think they said Condit landed the more strikes although maybe they were "baby kicks" like Diaz said!

heaviest I remember seeing big country was 263lbs I think, And he weighed in at 246lbs, so close to 20lbs, if he drops another 20lbs he'd still have fat to cut to make LHW. can't see him doing that though.

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭CageWager

ufc143_stats.jpg

If your replying to me don't edit your post first, if K-1 is so great why did it fail while its showtime is still going strong?:rolleyes: seems to me like its showtime > K-1

IShowtime is nothing compared to what K-1 was

so please stop making a fool of yourself noob

Fight Metric Stats speak for themselves

Untitled.png
    IShowtime is nothing compared to what K-1 was

so please stop making a fool of yourself noob

Give it a rest you just sound silly , one organization went under one consistently grows selling out 20,000 seat arenas and hasn't FAILED doesn't take a genius to figure out which one is doing better.

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭pierrot

^
    Can you take this tiff to pm rather than taking a page of the fight thread?

Anyway, thought both the Pierce Kos fight and the Condit Diaz fight were razor thin, had them both the opposite way myself.

kos 3rd round takedown won him the fight, even though it shouldn't count as Pierce got right back up and finished with a great elbow.

Thought Condit won all 5 bar maybe the second round.

Beating someone for 4 minutes on your feet, and spending a minute on the ground, blocked both nicks armbar attempts and multiple rear naked attempts and finishing up n top doesn't for me count a losing a round.

But Hey i'm no judge

kos 3rd round takedown won him the fight, even though it shouldn't count as Pierce got right back up and finished with a great elbow.

Thought Condit won all 5 bar maybe the second round.

Beating someone for 4 minutes on your feet, and spending a minute on the ground, blocked both nicks armbar attempts and multiple rear naked attempts and finishing up n top doesn't for me count a losing a round.

But Hey i'm no judge

thank god for that, you'd make cecil peoples look good
    nick obviously won rd.5, where he had condit in trouble on the ground

especially if the guy is right back on his feet.

@jim please take it to pm, the convo has moved own.

It's a hard one to score. Condit was really looking for the spinning backfist, I counted 13 missed attempts. Diaz pushed the pace but I think he found it difficult dealing with somebody whose reach was as long as his.

The way i saw it Carlos out grappled Diaz for 24mins a in broke the clinch quickly avoided the one takedown. Diaz was superior for one minute, one takedown, three attempted subs, but was reversed by Carlos in the last 10 seconds.

Striking I don't see how anyone can say Carlos didn't strike better, between his combinations, diversity and technique.

Aggression goes to Diaz because he kept coming forward.

Ocatagon Control I give to Carlos, as he stopped Diaz cutting him off, returned to the center and had better movemnet, i.e didn't move in a straight line.

For me he consistently had 3 of the 4 judging areas over Diaz.

In what areas do people feel Diaz was bettter to earn him the win?

• Advertisement

The way i saw it Carlos out grappled Diaz for 24mins a in broke the clinch quickly avoided the one takedown. Diaz was superior for one minute, one takedown, three attempted subs, but was reversed by Carlos in the last 10 seconds.

Striking I don't see how anyone can say Carlos didn't strike better, between his combinations, diversity and technique.

Aggression goes to Diaz because he kept coming forward.

Ocatagon Control I give to Carlos, as he stopped Diaz cutting him off, returned to the center and had better movemnet, i.e didn't move in a straight line.

For me he consistently had 3 of the 4 judging areas over Diaz.

In what areas do people feel Diaz was bettter to earn him the win?

enough with the trolling already

enough with the trolling already

Why don't you explain why diaz won, as i said already take it to pm if your going to attack my posts.

Pretty sure there are five criteria, being : effective striking, grappling, control, aggression, and defense.
    That said, judging all of this round by round, there's never gonna be agreement across the board in a close mma fight.
    Don't see how two judges had it 49 for Condit though.

I would have scored it 49-47 3rounds to condit, 1 to diaz, 1 as a draw

I would have scored it 49-47 3rounds to condit, 1 to diaz, 1 as a draw

Fair enough, which ones?

1,3,4 to Carlos 2 as a draw and 5 to diaz (even though I feel Carlos won the round. The tendencies of judging to score it on the last minute of action especially if there's a takedown.) 1 was razor thin and 2 could have gone to Diaz

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

I think aggression should only be scored if your matching it with damage, I mean you could award Big Country points for aggression as he was always moving forward, and getting his face smashed in.

Diaz is some freak though, wonder does he even feel pain? I hate to think what his face will look like in few years.

Yeah 3 and 4 definitely for Condit, 2 for Diaz and maybe 5 for the submission attempt. 1 was close. Close fight.

JJayoo wrote: »
    Diaz is some freak though, wonder does he even feel pain? I hate to think what his face will look like in few years.

It's already in fairly ropey shape tbf.

• Advertisement

i wonder does diaz's taunting make it harder for the judges to score positively for him?

I enjoyed it as a striker I picked up a thing or two to try out in sparring

Advertisement